PDA

View Full Version : Hooked on Collecting SW

ACPin
09-21-2001, 01:05 PM
Here's a few reasons why you’re hooked on collecting SW!

1) The store personnel know your name
2) You actually know the delivery dates and times
3) You’re the first in line when the store opens during delivery days
4) You make several toy runs during the week
5) You know all the new figures before they actually hit the stores!

Rollo Tomassi
09-21-2001, 01:13 PM
The only one that applies to me is #5.

And you forgot #6. You come to SirStevesGuide to Star Wars and hang out in the forums every single day.

That one applies to me, as well.;)

Lobito
09-21-2001, 02:00 PM
Number 1, 2, 5 and 6 apply to me as well!!:D

GNT
09-22-2001, 12:29 AM
1) The store personnel know your name
2) You actually know the delivery dates and times
3) You’re the first in line when the store opens during delivery days
4) You make several toy runs during the week
5) You know all the new figures before they actually hit the stores!
6) You come to SirStevesGuide to Star Wars and hang out in the forums every single day.

I'm guilty of 4,5 and 6. i would say anyone who is a 2 and 3 could be scalpers :)

Bel-Cam Jos
09-22-2001, 12:27 PM
Well, for #1, some of the store personnel know my face, but #2-5 do not apply to me. #6 goes without saying! ;)

I know I'm hooked because I weep inside when I must refrain from making SW purchases in order to, uh, eat, pay bills, or pay other bills. :(

Obi-Don
09-23-2001, 06:54 AM
# 6 for sure,the others,maybe4 and 5.

Jargo
09-23-2001, 09:46 AM
1) The store personnel know your name ( They know me by face, is that the same?)
2) You actually know the delivery dates and times ( Know the days of delivery and where the stuff gets dumped once unloaded.)
3) You’re the first in line when the store opens during delivery days (Too lazy to get there that early but then thankfully so is everyone else)
4) You make several toy runs during the week If only stuff were that frequently replaced. One run a week is enough to sweep up what's out there)
5) You know all the new figures before they actually hit the stores! ( Most definately and the variants too :) )
6) You come to SirStevesGuide to Star Wars and hang out in the forums every single day. ( Where else is there to go? Are you saying I'm a geek? Wanna make something of it? Step outside sonny boy......)

GNT
09-24-2001, 02:38 AM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
1) The store personnel know your name ( They know me by face, is that the same?)
2) You actually know the delivery dates and times ( Know the days of delivery and where the stuff gets dumped once unloaded.)
3) You’re the first in line when the store opens during delivery days (Too lazy to get there that early but then thankfully so is everyone else)
4) You make several toy runs during the week If only stuff were that frequently replaced. One run a week is enough to sweep up what's out there)
5) You know all the new figures before they actually hit the stores! ( Most definately and the variants too :) )
6) You come to SirStevesGuide to Star Wars and hang out in the forums every single day. ( Where else is there to go? Are you saying I'm a geek? Wanna make something of it? Step outside sonny boy......)

1. No it wouldn't count :)
5. Sad life ;)
6. I could tell you of more places :) A geek you are :D :rolleyes: Yep!

TeeEye7
09-27-2001, 08:08 AM
....collecting with your kids equates to fun, quality time with them.

Also, being able to cruise the toy aisles (which I've never outgrown) is easier with the kids in tow. I've resented the 'he must be a scalper' comments I've heard on occasion when I've gone solo. No dark side for me, thanks.

I don't even collect the cards..........;)

master jedi
09-27-2001, 11:15 AM
Bad parts of being a Star Wars Collector:

1. Getting beaten-up frequently.

2. Going to jail or prison for beating-up, attempted murder, killing of scalpers.

Good parts of being a Star Wars Collector:

1. Beating-up people who don't like Star Wars

2. Becoming a scalper.

Obi-Dan Kenobi
09-27-2001, 06:18 PM
Man, master jedi, you must go to some rough toy stores for your toy runs.:)

master jedi
09-27-2001, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by Obi-Dan Kenobi
Man, master jedi, you must go to some rough toy stores for your toy runs.:)

Not really but there are a lot of scalpers where I live and I'm just sick and tired of them and my brother is the only person I know, where I live, that likes Star Wars as much as I do.

bigbarada
09-27-2001, 09:22 PM
You know you are hooked on collecting Star Wars when you forestall that crucial car payment to buy that vintage AT-AT you've always wanted, then fall so far behind your car gets repossesed.

Woo-hoo! More money for Star Wars!!:D

Oh wait, that didn't happen to me, it happened to a friend of mine. No really, I swear.:rolleyes:

GNT
09-28-2001, 02:19 AM
Originally posted by master jedi
Bad parts of being a Star Wars Collector:

1. Getting beaten-up frequently.

2. Going to jail or prison for beating-up, attempted murder, killing of scalpers.

Good parts of being a Star Wars Collector:

1. Beating-up people who don't like Star Wars

2. Becoming a scalper.

I don't want to know :),bad luck bigbarada :(

master jedi
09-28-2001, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by GNT

I don't want to know :),bad luck bigbarada :(

I'm the type of guy you'd classify as demented, GNT.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
09-29-2001, 11:32 AM
Last time I went to Wal-Mart to buy Star Wars purchases the cashier saw what I bought and said "May the force be with you." She then snorted like a pig.