PDA

View Full Version : Saga Qui-Gon Jinn (Aka: Should I be worried?)

Beast
06-04-2002, 01:48 AM
One of my collector pals, sent me a Saga Qui-Gon Jinn and of course I had seen the horrible pictures online of it but I wanted a more action posed one. But the strange thing, now that I have freed him from his plastic prison, and messed around and played with him a while, I actually like the figure. The articulation is nice, in total 10 points (head, shoulders, elbows, wrists, waist, legs). His face sculpt in person really isn't as bad as the pictures on-line showed it to be. The cloak is pretty nice, and while it does suffer from gaps around the shoulders, if you put him on a stand and pull it back in the front it looks nice. I dunno, I swore the figure looked bad but it's starting to grow on me. Should I be worried? :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

bigbarada
06-04-2002, 01:53 AM
Not yet, if you start singing the praises of Geonosis Mace then I would start to worry.:D

Beast
06-04-2002, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by bigbarada
Not yet, if you start singing the praises of Geonosis Mace then I would start to worry.:D
Well, now that you mention it...... ;) :D

Actually, good point. No, I won't sing the praises of the Geonosis Mace. In my honest opinion, it's right up there with Anakin Skywalker: OPD and Padme Amidala: Arena Battle. Infact I would have to say, they fall in the following order. Padme Amidala, Mace Windu, and Anakin Skywalker.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
06-04-2002, 02:13 AM
Even if it had used the exact same molding and painting as the first prototypes of that Qui-Gon figure from the 2-pack line, it still wouldn't excuse the fact that we didn't need a Qui-Gon figure when we could've gotten Poggle the Lesser or some other other interesting E2 figure.

Forhekset
06-04-2002, 07:54 AM
I dunno...I had a chance to give the new Qui-Gon a once-over at Wal-Mart and I was thoroughly underwhelmed. It wasn't really one thing in particular, I was just unimpressed by the figure.

I like Geonosian Rescue Mace. :sur: He looks pretty damn funny running away from Jango Fett Final Battle, while Jango is blasting him in the rear with his flamethrower. It's great, Mace's arm with the elbow joint can be used for a comical "butt-fanning" action. :happy:

QLD
06-04-2002, 08:41 AM
It sure can! I made the picture! Only good thing I could come up with for it!

Lord Tenebrous
06-04-2002, 10:27 AM
I've seen a few great customs with Anakin's head on the new (but repainted) Qui's body. With a little tinkering, you can make even the most questionable figures better. :)

Forhekset
06-04-2002, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by Quite-Long Dong
It sure can! I made the picture! Only good thing I could come up with for it!

You did that too? I set the scene up just the other day myself. Well you know what they say, great minds think alike. :D

pthfnder89
06-04-2002, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks

Well, now that you mention it...... ;) :D

Actually, good point. No, I won't sing the praises of the Geonosis Mace. In my honest opinion, it's right up there with Anakin Skywalker: OPD and Padme Amidala: Arena Battle. Infact I would have to say, they fall in the following order. Padme Amidala, Mace Windu, and Anakin Skywalker.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Well there might be something wrong with me then cause I enjoy GR Mace. :stupid:

I understand why people don't like him and I think the face sculpt was a REALLY bad idea but I still have a lot of fun with him. I just LOVE slashing his lightsaber around. The little gimmick actually works which is a nice thing. I know I shouldn't like him, but I can't help it! He's fun! :D

I also don't mind Peasant Anakin, but I don't have any use for him either once I got my HD Ani. Padme on the other hand just irks me. It's such an awful figure that I keep it buried at the bottom of a box.

I was really going to buy the Qui-Gon when it came out JarJar, because I though he would make great custom Jedi fodder, but once I saw him I dropped him back on the shelf because I couldn't STAND his poorly fitting cloak. It just looked awful. Maybe I made too quick of a descision though...

Dooku Fett
06-04-2002, 05:46 PM
I instantly loved the figure when I saw it in the store :)

Hellboy
06-04-2002, 05:53 PM
I've gotta admit I thought this figure looked awful from the pictures online but am quite happy with it now that I have it. I do agree with LT Basker though that a Poggle the Lesser figure would have been much better than another Qui-Gon

SuperBattleDroid88
06-04-2002, 07:34 PM
I love all my figures!!!!!! Even though they have all those awful gimmicks and weird expression or a rescupt!! I just am glad I have them...
You guys might think I'm weird but I like al of them!!!!!!! :D

saladin
06-04-2002, 07:58 PM
i think it's a pretty good figure< alot better then "primal scream" Mace. Ithink i'll take his body and switch it with delux mace.

corporal AMF
06-04-2002, 08:39 PM
I love all of my figures, that's why I paid fot them.... ;)

Freedom
06-04-2002, 08:46 PM
I think it's a great figure.

Darth Narcis
06-04-2002, 11:20 PM
mace is such a horrible figure, that when i saw a couple of them in toys r us i didnt even really consider buying them, even though they have been harder to find in my area, lets hope they make a new scult of windu soon so i can have a decent figure of him... i think his best fig is still the one i got in the mail for ordering stuff from amazon a couple years ago...

plo koon 200
06-05-2002, 01:30 AM
I thought the new Qui-gon is better than all the ones we have now. And, it is kind of cartoonish like the Droids in Ewoks figures. I actually like it.

2-1B
06-05-2002, 03:56 AM
Every time I see Qui-Gon (which is often, 'cause he's a peg warmer around here :D ) I'm really bothered by his facial hair . . . . it's just . . . weird. :crazed:

odi-wan windu
06-05-2002, 05:59 PM
yeah... I like qui-gon. :Pirate:

odi-wan windu
06-05-2002, 06:03 PM
btw, what's qui-gon's gimmick? :confused:

Beast
06-05-2002, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by odi-wan windu
btw, what's qui-gon's gimmick? :confused:
He doesn't have one, he's a collection 2 figure. He does have a small blaster reflection that clips to his lightsaber, that's all. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

odi-wan windu
06-05-2002, 06:45 PM
I forgot. I ordered him. I hope I'm not dissapointed.:happy:

KIDD
06-05-2002, 07:16 PM
i like quigon i think hes the best quigon to date!

ScarletX
06-05-2002, 07:19 PM
At least he has a semi-action pose, unlike the ep I Qui-Gon I have...

Darth Yambag
06-06-2002, 12:30 AM
Hasbro has succesfully lowered your expectations if you like Qui-Gon Saga. This is an old sculpt and they are just trying to make a quick buck off an old prototype.

I demand more and won't buy this figure on principle. Qui-Gon is a great charachter and deserves a proper sculpt more in line with the quality of Bespin Luke or Vader.

Don't be fooled! You deserve better!!!

Lord Tenebrous
06-06-2002, 12:39 AM
So Qui-Gon is like......?

As the judge remarked the day that he
acquitted my Aunt Hortense,
"To be smut
It must be ut-
terly without redeeming social importance."

- Tom Lehrer

:D

QLD
06-06-2002, 02:09 AM
Forhekset

Look in the Fun with pictures thread in the general section. I posted the pic there, called Jango Fett's Revenge.

:D

sideswipe1984
06-06-2002, 10:20 AM
While not the greatest figure in the world, I do like Qui-Gon, if for no other reason than he is a "main character" in Collection 2 - thus he doesn't have a button or turnstyle lodged in his lumbar muscles!

(drops down on his knees in silent prayer , hoping Hasbro will end the Collection 1 madness)

pthfnder89
06-06-2002, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by Darth Yambag
Hasbro has succesfully lowered your expectations if you like Qui-Gon Saga. This is an old sculpt and they are just trying to make a quick buck off an old prototype.

I demand more and won't buy this figure on principle. Qui-Gon is a great charachter and deserves a proper sculpt more in line with the quality of Bespin Luke or Vader.

Don't be fooled! You deserve better!!!

I appreciate that you want to save an unwitting collector some money Darth Yumbag, but I don't think I would be "fooled" if I decided to buy this figure. And I also don't think my expectations have been lowered if I bought it. I looked at him a couple times in the store and decided he wasn't good enough, but I may change my mind in the future.

Whether a figure is "good" or not is only an opinion and not a fact.