PDA

View Full Version : Do you every find yourself going crazy on spending??

BillyJAck
06-04-2002, 04:31 AM
I was just wondering if any of you ever find yourself going crazy buying figures. I had really stop collecting since early 2000 only buying here and there. But in the last two and half weeks i've bought or traded for more than 25 figures. 28 to be exact. I just went on yestertoys which someone on here recommended to me. God i wish they hadn't I just spent 60 bucks on figures i plan to open. I plan to open all 28 figs. Am i nuts. I just feel like this is like a herion addiction and i can't stop to its complete for some reason AOTC (only seen twice) sparked up a damn forrest fire in me. I just need 4 more figures and i'm done for a while till Ephant Mon and Tat. attack Anakin come out. Whew had to get that off my chest and just see if any of yall go nuts on spending and trading sometimes.

BillyJAcK

bigbarada
06-04-2002, 05:22 AM
Yep, I had $50 that I was saving for when Ep2 premiered but spent all of it on Ep2 figures in the days following 4/23. Over here four figures at Wal-Mart, with the state sales tax, just happens to add up to exactly $25. Thus I picked up 8 new figures and had to borrow money from my brother to go see Ep2 on opening night. But hey, no regrets!:)

Tycho
06-04-2002, 05:38 AM
LOL - I can see I was a bad influence ;)

Yestertoys has a lot of good stuff!

I plan my dioramas and then go crazy buying the new figures to fill my needs (like make a list of all the characters in a certain scene, then go buy everything I need).

As the new movie came out, I found out I needed older figures for the Night Club, Senate, etc. So as if collecting a Clone Trooper army isn't enough, (and Geonosians, Super Battle Droids, etc.) I am going back and getting filler-stuff from older figure lines to complete my scenes.

It gets bad sometimes. Because they used a Bantha to bring out the engines for one of the vehicles in the podrace, I bought another one of them - and yet another Bantha and skiff (this was a while ago) to make the scene from the comics for the great battle the Ki-Adi Mundi fights for the Tuskin Raiders in "Outlander" (against the Hutts and Aurra Sing).

What the heck am I going to do with that? Well, I plan on waiting until there's a lull in SW and I pay off some of my credit card bill from April 23, then I'm going to spend like 200 to get a plastic case made that's large enough to hold a Bantha and skiff "fighting each other" and put in some 'fake sand' and make a small dune for Aurra to hide on and take sniper shots from, then put my Tuskens and Hutt-henchmen into battle and get one of those wall-mounting shelves to put the whole piece on.

I want to do a lot of those for my "smaller scenes." I still need to have one of those display protector things made for my Jabba's Palace Diorama (test set up in my linen closet) so that I can keep my Jabba guys where I can see them and not have to cram all my clean beach towels under the bathroom sink!

My style I bring to the hobby costs me a fortune!

figrin bran
06-04-2002, 10:51 AM
i've only gone crazy twice, at the ep.1 MM and at the ep 2 MM. other than that i never really find a lot of the figures i am looking for all at once.

pthfnder89
06-04-2002, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Tycho

I plan my dioramas and then go crazy buying the new figures to fill my needs (like make a list of all the characters in a certain scene, then go buy everything I need).

Yeah I go overboard like that too, but I don't build many dioramas. For me it's customizing. I really can't afford it but I've bought around 5 HD Anakins and 6-7 Clonetroopers to customize.

I lose most of my money on little purchases; one figure here, one viewing of AOTC there... $5-8 each time makes me feel like I'm not spending that much. Then I check my bank account and I don't have anything left!:(

OriginalBryGuy
06-04-2002, 01:41 PM
Yep, I've spent about 440.55 bucks on Star wars figures and vehicles since April 23rd. *sigh*

This includes 45 figures @ 5.99 each = 269.55
1 Slave 1 @ 29.99
1. Starfighter @ 19.99

That's like..what 319.55

Then Celebration II came along....*sigh*

2 Jorg Saculs @ 10.00

That's 340.55 and 1 vintage yoda with orange snake for 100 putting me at....crap 440.55

More figures and spending yet to come.

Yep...I think I'm going insane.

billfremore
06-04-2002, 01:42 PM
I'm a little better now but there are some days when I need the fire hose turned on me. :)

Jonna
06-04-2002, 01:49 PM
Absolutely, but it is only really bad for the first month that another one of the movies comes out.

InsaneJediGirl
06-04-2002, 01:52 PM
I went overboard in 1997 then again in 1999.I've slowed things down now,I pick up a few figures here and there,mainly the ones I like.

Does anyone else agree that it is easy to be cought in a spending trap?

OriginalBryGuy
06-04-2002, 01:56 PM
Uh...yea

bobafett07728
06-04-2002, 02:06 PM
I agree with Jonna. . .after the initial rush soon after the movie is released it dies down. There is just so much stuff flooding the market at the beginning it almost impossible to not go overboard. Once the initial market flood dies down. . .I'm cool. I'm spending a ton on the toys. . . and then more on Frito Lay stuff, and cereal. But it really only happens once every three years, otherwise. . .I'd be in trouble.

RAVAZ
06-04-2002, 02:11 PM
Yeah same here. Its all part of the fun. Getting all excited because you find the figures you were searching for, or finding figures you may not have known were out! Its all part of the 'Hunt'! Hell at this point, I'm just eager to hit Target and TRU! Not that I have money.....

Sir FanBoy
06-04-2002, 02:53 PM
Yes i do. :greedy:

Vortex
06-04-2002, 03:00 PM
The most I've spent in one outing was about 350 bucks on April 23rd. I went to 6 differnt stores, bought 3 12" and I don't even collect them or want them...must have been impulse...the reek, all the ships, delux figs, and I think I got a few extra items for trade bate.

I think that's the craziest I've ever been with the toys. The most I've dropped on CD's or DVD was 110. Architectural and other books - 275, (man was that a heavy load to haul to the car) I only get in a frenzy once every couple of months where I spend well over 200 bucks on crap, and then I don't spend much or anything till I hit that frenzy again...and half the crap I buy I don't even need.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
06-04-2002, 03:47 PM
I was crazy when I bought the Escape the Death Star Game at full price. Then a couple of months later they were selling for like $10.

Jedi Juice
06-04-2002, 04:02 PM
Shoot, I spent a pretty penny when I bought all 27 figures :crazed: But, I guess the stores are making me collect more money because I haven't found 9 of the newer figures that are out.