PDA

View Full Version : Han Solo is a Lost Clone

Tycho
09-21-2001, 12:37 PM
I've seen nothing that proves this, but it would be one more twist that wouldn't surprise me:

Slave-One = Boba Fett
Solo = our infamous captain, rescuer of princesses

Theory:

Fett is Han's No. 1 nemesis. He is supposed to be the Clone 'master' [of the line] if he is first, after Jango's death.

Han has many scenes where his primary enemy is a stormtrooper:

Docking Bay 94, his instict to chase them on the Death Star, his scene being tortured on Cloud City (and that capture, with Fett in the scene), the incident with the Bikerscout "Chewie and me'll take care of this."

It could be all ironic when Han tells Ben "No mystical energy field controls my destiny." Ben laughs to that, but I think there's more to it than just "yeah, well look whose ship the Jedi are catching rides with." I thought, hmmm, well Han marries a Jedi princess and has 3 Jedi children with her, but Ben couldn't know that for certain (and it's EU). But Obi-Wan could have known Han was from one clone template or another, and the Clones exist because of the scheming of the Sith, adepts of one side of the Force.

Next, take Han's survival skills: He knows to gut the TaunTaun and survive the frigid Hoth night; he knows how to find the Imperial's sensor blind spots and piggy-back on a StarDestroyer; he knows Imperial pincher movements "We can still outmaneuver them!"; he knows how to deal with Mynocks; he has strong insincts he things is luck, but knows he's inside a giant space slug; he thinks he knows how to hotwire the shield bunker.
Boba Fett is also the consumate survivor. He's made it through the Clone Wars, since a child, without a father (following Jango's death when he was 12). They fit a pattern - like the Joker and Batman, or Sabertoothe and Wolverine.

Finally, lets take the EU into account. Most facts about Han Solo are known from Anne Crispin's great novels (they are the best Star Wars books!) Han was orphaned at age 3 or younger and doesn't remember his real parents. He found a family named Solo on Corellia, and Thracken Sal-Solo does physically resemble Han very closely. They share a Grandfather, Denn Solo, if they are related: Denn and his wife fled a Corellian colony, Denn taking his son, (Han's father), and his wife taking their daughter, Tion (Han's aunt, Thracken's mom) with the women returning back to Corellia.

Han is 29 in A New Hope. Darth Vader (for comparison) is 41.

In The Phantom Menace, it is 3 years before Han is even born.
Darth Vader is 9, making him 12 when Han is born.

Attack of the Clones is 22 years before A New Hope. Darth Vader is of course, Anakin, and 19 years old. Han Solo would be 7 years old in Attack of the Clones (and likely not in the movie by all accounts of spoilers, though not by EasterEggs). However, Palpatine has Crimson Guards, fully masked then, as the Chancellor's Guards. Don't you think they are already Clones? Before he could go ahead with his plans in Episode 2, these warriors had to be tried and tested.

Some EU says it takes Clones 7 years to become close to adults, then some more training beyond that. If Fett is 12 in Episode 2, that will imply he's been trained for 5 years before he loses his mentor. I don't think the Kaminoans will be just starting to create the Clones in Episode 2, I think that the deal with Jango Fett will have been a done-deal since at least 12 years ago (before The Phantom Menace). Perhaps Jango was a slave once, and this was the price of his freedom, but young Boba was the price he charged for his soul. He can't make the deal during the movie, and have young Boba fully trained during the same week (that Episode 2 takes place in during the course of their lives).

So back to Han, if he is 7 years old, his father or 'progenerator' must be older than Jango (at the time of the conception of Han), and therefore, if Denn Solo actually is Han's grandfather, and the EU fits smoothely with even this surprise twist in cannon, Denn is a father of an escaped Clone, maybe from the line of pirates using them as in "Solo the Black" - who might've been the hunter that stalked his 'brother, Denn' causing him and his wife to flee so many years back. So for Han to be a third generation Clone, AND Palpatine to have been involved, it might sound far-fetched, "but not for a Sith!" Palpatine could've (and should've) been exploring cloning that early on, and if "Darth Sidious" was using pirates (Solo the Black) etc, it would really not surprise me as the Trade Federation are little better than pirates, and Shmi Skywalker was taken and sold into slavery by more of the same types. So, it is all possible. Thracken, by the way, would turn out the same as Han, because the Clone genetics would be dominant in their lineage. The only female offspring was a twin, Denn's daughter, Tion.

This is all far-fetched, but I'll conclude with finally saying it could be true, is like Lucas to do something like this to add to the mythology (lost Jedi Twins, a lone warrior outcast, two droids, a Wookiee, and one of the enemy's own - a Clone Warrior, team up to defeat the evil Empire and restore justice in the galaxy).

Now go back and watch the original trilogy and specifically watch Han, and pretend he is a lost Clone. See what happens to him, and you'll see it could fit in and be possible.
[/list]

Tycho
09-21-2001, 12:40 PM
Oh, note Fett's possible motive for jealousy if Han is actually "Slave One," and is the first of their tradition (left alive) who has broken all the rules and discipline of what Boba Fett wants to believe is a noble order charged with restoring justice. Han going smuggler and then rebel goes against everything Fett had come to believe and stands for.

That they both are survivalists with fast ships they've modified, etc. fits the build, too.

jawaboy
10-06-2001, 11:39 AM
Han likes women, so he can't be a Clone.

Co Jo-Da
10-07-2001, 12:42 AM
Please, no more expanded universe theories.

Tycho
10-10-2001, 12:10 AM
Why would male clones not like women?

jawaboy
10-10-2001, 12:22 PM
The word clone is British slang for someone with particular qualities that I won't go into. Hint: Clones don't like women.

Lord Malakite
10-11-2001, 12:41 PM
In the Expanded Universe they mention that Boba Fett and Han Solo were at one time Stormtroopers before they defected(Fett for killing someone and Han for saving Chewie from Imperial Inslavement). Personally, I don't know how close Lucas will keep the prequel story to others Expanded Universe stories, but we do know that Fett is tfe first clone and that the Stormtroopers are additional clones. So in a sense, Fett is a Stormtrooper and if Lucas sticks with the Expanded Universe story, Han will be a clone.

Tycho
10-11-2001, 04:40 PM
Well, there's a few things to straighten out about the EU:

a) It's authorized by LFL, not everything's coordinated, so it's NOT CANNON (hence some of this discussion is over) or

b) It's not only authorized, but as highly coordinated by LFL as I've come to think of it, and your details are somewhat confused:

1) Han was an orphan with origins unknown to himself for sure, and worked his butt off to get into the Imperial Naval Academy to become a pilot, and eventually was commissioned as a lieutenient and licensed to fly TIE fighters. As an officer, while on groundside duty, he rescued Chewie and was court-martialed for it.

Stormtroopers are not-commissioned officers, and almost slaves of the Emperor's, though they don't see it that way.

2) Han is possibly not from the same genetic material as that which clones Boba Fett from Jango Fett. (though it's been hinted that the two have a father-son relationship, less Master and Slave. Apprentice, yes, that's likely.)

Han is related to a grandfather, Denn Solo, in the EU, who would be much older than Jango Fett.

Backtracking age -

Han in Episode 2 is seven years old (not that he'll be in the movie). That means he was born 3 years after TPM. Was the cloning project going on then? Research, testing, for sure. Was Jango a donor then? Only if he's been with Dooku for 7 years by the time of AOTC.

So could Jango Fett be the alias of Denn Solo's son? Very farfetched, but possible.

Lord Malakite
10-11-2001, 06:27 PM
Yeah, I know the Expanded Universe isn't cannon. But from past experiences Lucas has been known to include stuff in the new movies related to the Expanded Universe. Two examples I can think of is Ki Adi Mundi and Coruscant. If I remember correctly the Jedi Master appeared in a Dark Horse Comic series before Episode I was made. Plus Lucas supposedly hated the name Coruscant for the Imperial homeworld, but he decided to keep it since hardcore fans were already familiar with that name due to the Expanded Universe. Is it possible that he would make Han a clone, unlikely(especially since it's more in depth compared to the other inclusions), but the possibility is still there. Besides that, Lucas likes surprises, so to come out and reveal that Han's origin as a clone would be just as surprising as when he revealed that Vader was really Luke's father.

2-1B
02-19-2007, 07:56 PM
Sorry Tycho. :cry:

JimJamBonds
02-20-2007, 09:35 AM
It may have happened we just didn't see it happen.

JEDIpartner
03-05-2007, 11:55 AM
Well, maybe he looked like Temura Morrison at one point but thought he'd get more chicks looking like Harrison Ford, so he had a quickie plasitc surgery!

Tycho
03-09-2007, 07:37 AM
OK, if you look up Stormtroopers on Wikipedia or Wookieepedia, it mentions that there were at least 5 new genetic sources for clones after the Clone Wars were concluded, as Palpatine wanted to grow his legions of shocktroopers to secure his Empire.

The guys in white armor are not all Clones of Jango Fett (someone should tell this to Hasbro). Stormtroopers are combined units of conscripted men, volunteers, and clones. Kyle Katarn was a clone commander as an Academy cadet.

It's very possible that Han's father was a mercenary who donated his genetic material for the cloning process. Then as a toddler, Han was separated from his squadmates and raised as a slave in close quarters with a Wookiee.

Kidhuman
03-09-2007, 08:59 AM
Wikipedia is known for having people edit the info, for all we know, you put it there to support this hairbrained idea. :p

Tycho
03-09-2007, 09:33 AM
I'm not registered at Wikipedia or Wookieepedia. It's not me!

Besides, the info does NOT say Han is a clone. It just says that at least 5 more mercs were cloned to get at least 5 million more stormtroopers to hold Palpatine's Empire. More were conscripts and volunteers.

JediTricks
03-09-2007, 02:50 PM
You don't have to be registered to edit a page, if you're not a member it'll simply record your IP address instead.

I don't see a listing on wikipedia or the wookieepedia that says it was at least 5 sources to replace Jango, was it edited out? I dunno, I don't care enough to check either article's history. But it doesn't cite ANY sources about the issue for the claim of replacement clones, so it's totally unreliable even from the EU perspective.

Tycho
03-09-2007, 04:40 PM
I was looking up "sandtroopers" when I saw it, to basically ID what ranks their shoulder pauldrons indicated, and I continued studying their entries into "stormtroopers" in general. A subcategory I remember included "recruitment."

Again, it just said that following the Clone Wars, Palpatine wanted to expand the Stormtrooper Corps and several from amongst the Top 5 percent of Academy acievers were cloned. I think it said at least 5, or 5 million more were made. During AOTC, Lama Su said something like "100,000 units are ready to go with 1 million more on the way." Obviously, since Palpatine "forsees" everything according to his design, other Clone sources besides Jango might have been being prepared (not necessarily on Kamino - as I think the Wikipedia entry only said "in discreet locations on the Outer Rim." I believe in the book "Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader," there is passing mention made of this (I just re-read that as well). This is all EU of course, as is that Han's grandfather was Denn Solo (Ann Crispin, "The Paradise Snare") making Thracken Sal Solo (first appearance, "The Corellian Trilogy - Ambush at Corellia, Assault at Selonia, Showdown at Centerpoint" Han's second cousin (I believe Thracken returns in the Dark Nest books but I haven't read them as of yet).

So I have no EU proof that Han is a Clone, but it remains in the realm of possibilities and I think that it makes sense in light of the other arguments I've already put forward in this thread. I still stand by my opinion that it would make for great poetic symmetry in the series should they go that route - and also it would help explain why Han's parents were never introduced in all the EU that's out there. He's 1/3 of the main triumvate of OT characters and even Chewbacca's family and Boba Fett's, have been more detailed. As I noted, Lando is also lacking heretofore, but an EU book somewhere made mention that his mother was probably still alive (In the early years when Lando was 31 during ANH, 34 as he was portrayed the first time by Billy Dee Williams in ESB, and 35 during ROTJ). He's climbing into his 60's by the time of the Dark Nest / Legacy affairs (if he's still alive - I don't know) but we might presume his mother passed away by then as she'd be in her 90's - though that's not a foregone conclusion, especially if Lando gets 21-B to visit her.

LTBasker
03-10-2007, 06:27 PM
Theorize what you will for Han but nobody needs to involve the awesomeness of Kyle Katarn in this clone biz. He's just a guy with some questions and a lightsaber. :p

MrMet
03-10-2007, 08:59 PM
Theorys nothing, all this discussion is a bunch of BUBKIS!!!!!

El Chuxter
02-28-2008, 08:53 AM
Actually, Han Solo is a Lost fan, though he prefers Heroes. (And, he won't admit it, but his favorite show is Drawn Together.)

Jedi_Kal-El
02-28-2008, 02:31 PM
Why is this even a debate???? Where did all of this come from? Oh wait. Tycho with time on his hands. Sorry buddy, I like to read some of your more colorful conspirarcy theories, but this one just blows chunks. :confused:

Tycho
02-28-2008, 02:36 PM
You may not have read the EU books, Jedi Kal-El, they are the ONLY source for backstory on Han Solo.

If you take only the films as cannon, then there is NO backstory for him really - not complete with parents, early childhood, etc.

If you take the EU into account, A.C. Crispin who was authorized to write the most about him, was NOT allowed by LFL to cover Han's immediate parents, etc. Since the EU can be the only source for this info, you have to wonder why?

It might be because Lucas still has plans to deal with some aspect of Han's character. Most of the other major heroes / villains have been expanded on in the films. Han Solo is a major exception.

Jedi_Kal-El
02-28-2008, 02:43 PM
I read the EU books bud. I also know that timelines and things that could be considered cannon can be a little iffy in these books. I read them to be entertained, not to ponder the greater scope of the universe.

Lucas may decide to run with a feasible backstory for Han some time in the future, and if and when he does then whatever he does end up doing, I guess I'll have to run with. Consider this though. Han was a pretty decent shot, and the Stormies couldn't hit water if they fell off a boat. Seems pretty iffy to me dude.

El Chuxter
02-28-2008, 02:48 PM
You might remember that, in the early 90s, Timothy Zahn was given some guidelines.

He could cover the Clone Wars. Turned out that was a mistake, since his synopsis was cooler than what Lucas gave us.

He could not cover the Sith. Turns out that Lucas had plans for this name (which had only appeared as a title for Darth) that he'd not told anyone about.

He could not touch, under any circumstances, the Royal Guards. Why? Nobody knows. It's assumed that Lucas thought he had plans for them, but didn't use them. I seriously doubt he was hoping someone would write Crimson Empire a few years later.

Perhaps this is the case with Han, where Lucas had plans, but they went by the wayside. He was supposed to be in ROTS, after all, and showed up in early scripts and even as concept art.

decadentdave
02-28-2008, 10:22 PM
Solo is one-of-a-kind. He's a scoundrel, pirate, individualistic. He cannot be cloned. That's why he's Solo.

Jedi_Kal-El
02-29-2008, 12:54 AM
Solo is one-of-a-kind. He's a scoundrel, pirate, individualistic. He cannot be cloned. That's why he's Solo.

Amen to that.

Qui-Long Gone
02-29-2008, 10:30 PM
He actually did get cloned as a 20th century American archeologist....his clone faired especially well against Nazis and creepy Chinese guys with portable coat hangers....

JediTricks
03-02-2008, 12:36 AM
Ahh, remember the old days when Lucas could actually write characters that could convey danger and menace while simply hanging up their coats?

Jedi_Kal-El
03-02-2008, 01:07 AM
Ahh, remember the old days when Lucas could actually write characters that could convey danger and menace while simply hanging up their coats?

Those were the good ol days.

decadentdave
03-02-2008, 01:54 AM

You can thank Spielberg for that one.

Qui-Long Gone
03-02-2008, 08:45 PM
I don't know, Howard the Duck was fairly menacing....

Jedi_Kal-El
03-02-2008, 08:49 PM
I don't know, Howard the Duck was fairly menacing....

Yeah, he was pretty danged spooky. :rolleyes: