having a problem
with this...
er...
ah...
stiffness?

-Snobiwan

Sir FanBoy
06-04-2002, 03:45 PM
Didnt open those yet so i wouldn't know.

How stiff is it anyways? Its always better then very loose joints (imho).

Beast
06-04-2002, 03:55 PM
You sound like you either are very rough on your figures, or you got a couple bad ones. Because, I've had no trouble with my Boba. Did the arm actually break, or just come out of the socket?

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

snobiwan
06-04-2002, 03:59 PM
the joint was so tight

i just tried to slowly turn it both ways
to loosen it up.

after a few small turns,
the arm of both
broke off
with the peg inside

because the joint wasnt budging
and the plastic
was weakened

-Snobiwan

Jaina Solo
06-04-2002, 03:59 PM
Really? That's weird. I have a Saga Boba Fett that I opened, and his arms are fine.

billfremore
06-04-2002, 04:04 PM
I didn't have a problem with an arm but the lightsaber for Shaak Ti broke off in the hilt so now it's useless.

Hopefully these things turn into pegwarmers so i can get a replacement... :)

Jargo
06-04-2002, 06:41 PM
Sometimes they don't cut of the excess plastic on the pegs or the inside of the body gets a little excess that is missed and this hard plastic tears at the softer plastic of the limbs. I've got a couple of figures who have non turning arms because of this. My advice would be to chill a figure and harden the plastic before turning the stiff arm. That way you should be able to gently manipulate the arm backwards and forwards until the excess on the peg has worn down a little, enough to turn the arm fully. if it's a lug of excess body plastic then chances are it's going to rip at the soft arm peg and tear it through if you turn the arm. If the arm simply will not budge at all after gentle manipulation then you should return it to the place of purchase for an exchange or refund as it is quite honestly shoddy goods. If you bought it from a comic store then you might have a hard time getting an exchange or refund but most major retailers will happily exchange if the good are genuinely faulty. Say it's for a kid and they fall over themselves to help. Well, they do over here anyway. :)