PDA

View Full Version : New ROJ Footage w/ Padme

Sidiously Darth
06-05-2002, 02:44 AM
It came from mouth of Lord Lucas (as in "Dark Lord"). If it holds up and he does shot new footage, it will definitely tear a hole right through the EU. That whole search for his mother by Luke will be wasted paper and ink.:(

Beast
06-05-2002, 03:01 AM
I think your jumping to conclusions. If he does insert her into ROTJ, I doubt it will be anymore then a flashback during Leia's conversation to Luke about her memories of their mother. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Eternal Padawan
06-05-2002, 09:50 AM
It could be a flashback.

It could be a hologram pic that Leia shows Luke.

It could be a vision Anankin sees as he passes away.

It could be one of the spirits Luke sees at the end.

It could be a shot of an elderly Padme in hiding in the new Naboo celebration scenes, passing away after the good news.

I thought the whole search for his mother was wasted ink anyway. Without even a smidgeon of clues, we would have no clue how close or far he was to finding her. Now that we know her name and where she was from, it will be very cool seeing him getting closer and closer to the truth and not knowing it. I would like to see the next series be Luke and Leia searching for the truth about their mother.

El Chuxter
06-05-2002, 02:34 PM
The search was a ripoff to readers. It was presented as if we would learn something about the then-elusive Mrs Skywalker. And then in the end, "Oh, uh, I lied about knowing anything about your mother." Not to mention it took place in the mediocre Black Fleet Crisis trilogy. I want the time I spent reading those back! :mad:

RooJay
06-06-2002, 10:50 PM
I'd love to see a story where Luke and Leia actually find Naboo and start to uncover their roots there. That is, if Uncle George decides that Naboo is still around after Episode 3, which I think is still a posibility.