PDA

View Full Version : Mounting Frustration........

brentfett
06-05-2002, 12:42 PM
Anybody else out there already getting seriously peeved over not being able to find any new figures ANYWHERE? I can't seem to find Dejas or Palpatine anywhere. I can only imagine how bad things will be with the Chewie Bespin wave. Yestertoys does seem to have OK prices, but it's still frustrating because I feel I should be able to pay retail for any figure. Now don't get me wrong: my friends and I LOOK everywhere. There hasn't been many if any figures that have slipped past our grasp! It's like the TC-14 wave, only a year or so too early!:dead:

LTBasker
06-05-2002, 12:48 PM
I found a single Luke Bespin (red paint/blood stump) and Endor Soldier awhile ago, but other than that I've seen nothing. Hopefully with the price drop reported by Dar'Argol more figures will be flying off the shelves and help the restocking, I just hope they don't restock earlier 4/23 figures.

OriginalBryGuy
06-05-2002, 01:13 PM
I think if you're upset you should try shopping after 1 and before 3 in the morning. You'd be suprised at what you'll find.

If you're shopping on the way home from work you'll be hard pressed to ever find new figures.

billfremore
06-05-2002, 01:22 PM
I'm not quite at the frustrated feeling yet, we're not expecting any of these things here until the end of this week.

I'll let you know how frustrated I am after that. :)

eliwankenobi
06-05-2002, 01:24 PM
How 'bout just having a little bit of patience. These figs are bound to surface and most likely in the same numbers as all the rest. The stores just have to be given the time to reorder and restock. And besides, since when has Hasbro actually shipped ANYTHING when they say they are?

It's worries like this that do nothing but fuel the scalper/hoarder frenzy.

Jonna
06-05-2002, 01:25 PM
It all depends on when you hit the stores. Try to notice when they put new stuff out and see if it is usually on the same day of the week. Just go that day.

icatch9
06-05-2002, 01:28 PM
Yes, just be patient. Allow time for these things to be shipped and distributed. Just because people have found them doesnt' mean they have been shipped and stocked everywhere yet. There is always a risk of not finding something, but TC-14 came out more than 2 years ago. That was a long time ago, and Hasbro has learned a lot since then. None of the POTJ figures where hard to find. That is what we need to draw on not Episode 1 stuff. I know that Chewy and Han are only packed 1 per case, but that's only the first case they are in. A case that shippes in July could have 4 of each, we just don't know. There is no reason to get all worked up over nothing. Now if in December or January you don't have a Chewy or a Han yet, then you can worry. Don't bust your motivator so soon :)

stormie
06-05-2002, 01:36 PM
I heartily agree with eliwankenobi. Patience will pay off. I can't count the number of times that I've had trouble finding stuff, only to find gobs of them appear in a few weeks...or even months. Just because a few people have found the new stuff doesn't mean it's widespread. It'll show...give it time.

I would also suggest not increasing your searches or going at early morning times. If you do, and still find nothing new, your frustration will only increase. Just go when you have the time, or are in the area...at your leisure. Don't make it a mission. Remember, it's all about fun, right? :)

brentfett
06-05-2002, 01:38 PM
As much as I love this site, I think it contributes to my feeling like I should have found some figures a long time ago. I mean, we get to see pics of figures months and months before they come out, and in the"Just Found" threads you find out literally when the first one of any figure is found on the planet! Not that I would EVER consider not looking at the upcoming pics or Just Found threads!:p

pthfnder89
06-05-2002, 01:40 PM
I'm just trying to be patient. I really want a Bespin Luke but I haven't seen a single one. I'm just waiting and biding my time. Eventually they will be easy to find in stores and we'll all be happy.:)

saladin
06-05-2002, 02:09 PM
i've been waiting for a few figs and if i have to wait a couple months then thats fine, i can just build up my money to buy them.

SuperBattleDroid88
06-05-2002, 02:09 PM
Yeah... I have that same problem!!!!!! I can't find 28-40 anywhere here!!!!!!!!! :(
I keep checking...
I found an Orn Free Taa Qui-Gon Jinn, and Endor Rebel Soldier about 2 weeks ago though at my Toys "R" Us. All these Scalpers were following me and waiting for me to lay one down! IT WAS FUNNY!!!!!!! :p:p:p:p

odi-wan windu
06-05-2002, 03:11 PM
I can't even do it in stores anymore.. I have to order online.

Lman316
06-05-2002, 03:47 PM
I'm getting a little impatient for some stuff. But just when I think that I can't wait any longer, I usually end up finding the stuff I want. It doesn't happen all the time, but sometimes if I doubt that a store will have new figures enough, they'll have them :p.
But I'm hoping (as LTBasker said) that Wal*Mart will start stocking more because of the price drop. I just bought 10 figures from there today, so hopefully there will be some space on those pegs.

Also, I really think it might be wise to set up a trading-thing with some people on this board. I have two people watching for new stuff for me and in turn, I watch for stuff for them. Already, one of those people found me an Orn and an Endor Rebel Soldier. So, maybe, if someone's that frustrated, try to set something up with someone from here. I think I'm going to get a hold of Tycho...see if he can get me a Chewie, Han and Obi (Pilot), lol.

End :).

fourtwo
06-05-2002, 03:53 PM
let me just say that since i just saw yoda, dooku, hanger anakin and what not on the pegs for the first time yesterday i'd have to say you're being very impatient. relax, they'll come

mosnab
06-05-2002, 04:07 PM
I've been starting to get impatient too, but not really about the Palpy/Djas wave. I didn't know that these were out there in that great of numbers yet. I have never seen a Dooku anywhere around here yet, and only saw Yoda once, on 4/23 (luckily since he's my fave character). I have ran across an Orn and Masiff here and there, but no sign of Jango FB, Luke Bespin, Vader Bespin, or Dooku anyhwere (although I did see a few of the Mace). I figure there should be more Dookus, etc. showing up sometime, right? (I hope at least)

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-05-2002, 07:03 PM
Who ever said shop between 1 & 3 in the morning, i agree with you. I live near a Wal-mart super center and every morning around that time, they are stocking stuff. like a week ago after seeing a showing of ATOC and getting to wal-mart like 3 ish, i found like 3-4 pegs of JUST Djas and Palpatine. I also found the Orn Free Ta and Qui gon jinn waves weeks before they were distributed better. in fact, the only 3 figs i need are Obi-wan pilot, Han and chewie...those 3 gaps in my collection are killin' me!!! hehehhehehehe

Dar' Argol
06-05-2002, 07:09 PM
Well what abput the Destroyer Droid, Pilot Jango, Ki Adi Mundi, and the Clone Trooper. Those should be eating at you too!! he he he

I love playing devils advocate:evil: :D

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-05-2002, 07:13 PM
Dar'Argol- I'm going to assume that was towards me??? but those figures aren't out for like another month or two!! don't get me thinkin'a bout those cause i'll just waste gas in a faint effort to find those!!! ahhhhhhh!!!! Actually, it's my friends gas, cause he does the driving when we go hunting, speaking of which, i better head out now before more storms hit cols. Freakin' rain!! lata!

JediTricks
06-06-2002, 04:32 AM
Yeah, like I'm gonna drive 40 friggin' miles to my nearest 24-hour Wal Mart when the drunks let out just to hang with the dozen other goofballs with the same motives who are going to get zip anyway because there's a guy who has a deal with the toy manager not to release new product till he gets there.

See, it's stuff like the above that makes being patient in this hobby so frustrating and unrewarding to me (well, that and Hasbro pulling the rug out from under each line before everybody gets what they want). I guess I'd say my frustration is mounting as more and more toys get released and slip through my fingers - I just made up a list which depressed the heck out of me in the Just Found section and I realized that missing so many things makes going out and looking (and almost certainly FAILING) so depressing and frustrating.

Patience is great, but patience got most of my friends no TC-14 or Motti figures and thus far, it appears that patience never will. I'm not a hunter, I'm in it for the toys.

Jaina Solo
06-06-2002, 04:48 AM
I know, I know- be patiant. And it's true we will find most of the stuff eventually, but there's something that occasionally gets to me about being able to go to Wal-Mart or Target and find all the figures I /don't/ want, and none of the ones I do.

That, and the fact that everywhere I go, I see Endor Rebel Soldiers, clearly the leavings of a case that at one time included stuff I wanted.

I know when I should be at the stores- when they open, probably. Can't get there though. So I wait, and sometimes I get lucky. Sometimes I buy stuff online, too- got Yoda that way. The only one I've ever seen in town was in the hands of a kid who wasn't letting it go for anything.

icatch9
06-06-2002, 08:45 AM
If you know of such undermineing actions at WM then tell on them. Get some important people involved and you may just get some results. These people are like Sebulba, they cheat to win. Maybe we should do some cheating sometime too. I've learned that it is a battle field out there. You have to play by there rules, because they don't give a crap about you.

DarthMushy
06-06-2002, 10:28 AM
If we collectors, who are adamant in our searches for figures, have trouble getting them, what about the poor kids whose parents can't get to Wal-Mart at 2 AM?

Dryanta
06-06-2002, 11:14 AM
Hey all,
I have to agree with JT on this.
I also have to say I am not convinced patience will pay off this time.I think sales performance has been so poor the retailers are going to drop the line down to such low levels that it dies.
Remember they were burned with ep1 and now AOTC.I don't think anybody thinks sales have been strong.Collectors are dropping off like flies.Thrawn is right.This line is dying on the pegs.Sad,really sad.Be an interesting few monthes.

pthfnder89
06-06-2002, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute
Dar'Argol- I'm going to assume that was towards me??? but those figures aren't out for like another month or two!! don't get me thinkin'a bout those cause i'll just waste gas in a faint effort to find those!!! ahhhhhhh!!!!

Jedi_Master_Guyute - I think Dar' Agols point is that Hand Endor, Chewie Bespin, and Obi Wan Pilot aren't really "out" yet either (not in any real numbers) so it's sort of funny to hear someone worry about not having them in their collection yet when they haven't really been released.

Jargo
06-06-2002, 04:09 PM
In the UK we get stuff about a month behind you guys. It's frustrating to hear that you guys all have the latest thing and we haven't even seen one. Then it's the South of the UK who get everything first and then it filters through the land until about two months after release I actually start to find the stuff. We've only just started to get Count Dooku in any quantities at the same time as the Massif shows up. Shaak Ti won't be shipping over here until August apparently. It's all nuts. The distribution system is arse about face.

I'd love to know how hasbro can incite kids to 'collect them all' when it's blatantly obvious that that is not an option for ninety percent of collectors. I think their nasty taunt should be forcibly removed. Come the revolution the Hasbro 'people' will be first against the wall! :crazed: Vive la revolution!!!!!!!

steve3p0
06-06-2002, 06:52 PM
i remember when e1 figs came out .... it seemed like the longest time i had to wait from the initial waves being released until the second groups came out (tatooine maul , destroyer droid , yoda , cpt tarpals ) ... i would look often , but all i ever saw were the figs from the first release, then one day i went to toys r us and they had them all.
you must be patient but you will find the figs you're looking for , it may seen like they're never gonna show up but just wait and they'll turn up.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
06-06-2002, 06:59 PM
I'm going insane now that the new wave hasn't been seen.

JediTricks
06-07-2002, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by icatch9
If you know of such undermineing actions at WM then tell on them. Get some important people involved and you may just get some results. These people are like Sebulba, they cheat to win. Maybe we should do some cheating sometime too. I've learned that it is a battle field out there. You have to play by there rules, because they don't give a crap about you. Funny, that last sentence seems to be how WM feels about complaints of this nature, at least in my area. I've gotten quite the run-around concerning such complaints - not just me either, family members I've enlisted to help and other collector friends run into the buck-passing wall too.

However, one thing I do have is my personal beliefs, and I would definitely not want to stoop to the cheaters' levels just to get a few toys. I believe that karma isn't so esoteric, what goes around REALLY does come around, so I try to have a good collecting moral center - when I saw Dookus on the pegs last week for the first time ever, I looked at all 4 to see which had the best paint and put the other 3 back, sure I could have bought multiples and tried to get a "really good" trade out of them, but it's not what I'm willing to do.

Originally posted by DarthMushy
If we collectors, who are adamant in our searches for figures, have trouble getting them, what about the poor kids whose parents can't get to Wal-Mart at 2 AM?
They move on to the next line. 25 years ago, Star Wars had almost no competition for kids' attention, especially in toys; but nowadays there are HUNDREDS of interesting lines vying for the kiddie market and when Hasbro can't satiate that market properly, the kids quickly lose interest and move on - and when that happens, the WHOLE line suffers.