PDA

View Full Version : Wal-Mart Gunship and Arena Playset Pre-Order- NE1 getting 1?

mrmiller
06-05-2002, 12:30 PM
I just noticed that walmart.com had a pre-order for the Republic Dropship and the Arena Playset. They are both $38.86. You can check it out by going to www.walmart.com then Toys, then Star Wars. Or use this long ugly link

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product_listing.gsp?path=0%3A4171%3A92533%3A92527&dept=4171&cat=92527&sb=61&bti=0

At under 40 bucks, is anyone thinking about picking either one of these up? The arena battle scene is my favorite, so I was thinking about picking up the arena for a huge diorama, but I''m not sure about the Gunship. Has it been confirmed to have a pack-in figure? Even if it didn't have a pilot, it would be cool to at least have another normal clonetrooper.

=MATT=

pthfnder89
06-05-2002, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by mrmiller
At under 40 bucks, is anyone thinking about picking either one of these up? The arena battle scene is my favorite, so I was thinking about picking up the arena for a huge diorama, but I''m not sure about the Gunship. Has it been confirmed to have a pack-in figure? Even if it didn't have a pilot, it would be cool to at least have another normal clonetrooper.

=MATT=

The Republic Gunship will not have any pack in figures, but a Yellow Pilot trooper will be released later this year (late summer or fall) He will include a side "bubble" gun that attaches to the ship as seen in the movie.

I will definitely be getting botht he Arena playset and the Gunship. I may get two gunships, one to carry my clintroopers, and one to carry my Jedi.:) But I'm not going to bother preordering them. I did that with the Ep1 Royal Starship and the Ep1 playsets and I never had a problems finding those.

eliwankenobi
06-05-2002, 12:48 PM
I'll probably go for the Gunship, but I'll just wait 'til it shows up in the stores. Since this isn't an exclusive, I'm sure it will be everywhere for Hasbro's x-mas offering.
Actually, maybe I'll put this on my wish-list to Santa. There's nothing better than FREE SW toys!! :D

SuperBattleDroid88
06-05-2002, 01:02 PM
I want to get that Arena!!!!!!!!! Looks cool!!!! :D :D :D
AND A LOT MORE DROIDS AND SUPER BATTLE DROIDS!!!!!!!! :p

Lman316
06-05-2002, 02:50 PM
I want both of them, and I was going to do the pre-order, but then my patience got the better of me. I said, "Well, I don't want to be running around trying to find these, so I'll just pre-order them now." Well, if I can just wait, I'll save myself some money, as I won't have to pay shipping charges.
But I really can't wait for both of them to be released. I'll buy one of each when they hit, and then I hope they'll get reduced so I can pick up a few more (even the Arena :D).

End :).

LTBasker
06-05-2002, 04:07 PM
I know I'm gonna get them, even with the Gunship being out of scale it's completely awesome. The arena set is also pretty cool, hope they have some other parts to come out for it that can connect to it to make the arena floor bigger to put more figures on the terrain.

JediTricks
06-06-2002, 03:18 AM
I linked to the Wal-Mart listings for these a few weeks ago, but I honestly don't think I'll pre-order either of these (even if I had the money to) - I'd much rather wait and pick them up when they show up in stores.

I'm almost certainly going to buy the Gunship, but I'm very worried that the playset is little more than some accessories with a 2-sided wall, so I'm holding my breath on it.

mrmiller
06-06-2002, 11:37 AM
I thought these would be much more expensive, well at least $50 each. I hope to get 2 or 3 arenas and make a cool re-enactment.

=MATT=