PDA

View Full Version : The Definitive Vader

JCliff
06-05-2002, 02:23 PM
I think the Dagobah Ghost version is the most accurate of all the Vader sculpts Hasbro has done. Would anyone besides me like to see this figure reissued in regular black plastic to give us the best Vader figure ever?

icatch9
06-05-2002, 02:35 PM
I do not concur. That Vader is good, I do not think it to be the best. I'd have to say that the Vader from the Sith Lords two pack is the best and most accurate.

It seems that Hasbro is in the habit lately of re-furbashing figures to make new ones, so I hope that they would. Still I never trust them to do anything that they should :)

bigbarada
06-05-2002, 03:14 PM
The Dagobah Vader never looked right to me. I think the Commtech, Sith Lords, EW, and 25th Vaders are all more accurate.

Although if we must get a new Vader, then give him a two-piece removable helmet, removable hand, cloth capes and a lightsaber with a removable blade. Add in tons of articulation and it is the last Vader figure Hasbro would ever need to make.

JCliff
06-05-2002, 03:31 PM
Which Vader figure is the Sith Lords version? And which is the EW version? Also, isn't the 25th Anniversary edition the same mold as the POTF2 Vader? Not sure, it just looks similar.

Lman316
06-05-2002, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by JCliff
Which Vader figure is the Sith Lords version? And which is the EW version? Also, isn't the 25th Anniversary edition the same mold as the POTF2 Vader? Not sure, it just looks similar.

The Sith Lords was a two pack with a newly sculpted Darth Maul and Darth Vader on a little stairway (I believe it was a stairway - I only saw it once, and I really regret not picking one up).
The EW version is the POTJ Emperor's Wrath figure and the 25th Anniversary is a new sculpt. It and the EW are much more accurate versions of the Darth Vader, IMO, but I would like a normal one, like what BB stated. I've been waiting for an Ultimate Vader and Ultimate Jedi Luke for a long time...

End :).

chris
06-05-2002, 03:46 PM
I like the commtech one personally, but it lacks articulation, and the soft goods cape has neve really looked right. The Dagobah one was cool too, but i agree with Barada; if we want a definitive Vader, we need a new sculpt.

pthfnder89
06-05-2002, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by bigbarada

Although if we must get a new Vader, then give him a two-piece removable helmet, removable hand, cloth capes and a lightsaber with a removable blade. Add in tons of articulation and it is the last Vader figure Hasbro would ever need to make.

Which, unfortunately, is why we will NEVER see this made. Darth Vader figures are a hot ticket, so they will want to continue making as many versions as they can.

If they made one as good as you say, then they wouldn't be able to sell as many of the future versions. Sucks for us collectors... but I guess buisness is buisness.:(

DarthBrandon
06-05-2002, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by bigbarada
The Dagobah Vader never looked right to me. I think the Commtech, Sith Lords, EW, and 25th Vaders are all more accurate.

I agree with Bigbarada, alas we may never see this happen, cause Hasbro is in the habit of making money. More Vaders equal more dollars, to make one that is 100% correct. I doubt we'll ever see it happen.

sideswipe1984
06-05-2002, 04:34 PM
Still I never trust them to do anything that they should

:D

LTBasker
06-05-2002, 04:38 PM
They could just re-release it every now and then like they did with the vintage line - they just released the same sculpt of the main characters and then cycled them through. That way more new figures could be made while still getting the best figure versions of the main characters.

Hellboy
06-05-2002, 04:48 PM
I think the 25th ann. Final Duel 2-pack Vader would be my favorite. I must admit that I was just a little dissapointed when I got my Toyfair Vader to find out it was simply a repaint of the POTF2 Vader from the Final Jedi Duel Cinema Scene.
I hope we don't see anymore re-releases because I like new sculpts and don't like buying the same fig. twice just to get it on the new card. This is one of the main reasons I missed a lot of the Freeze Frames.

LTBasker
06-05-2002, 04:52 PM
Re-releases would really help, if they made "ultimate" versions of new figures then they could just cycle those into new cases every now and then so kids would be able to get the better versions of the figures without trouble and so if you didn't want the figure because you already had it - don't buy it. You wouldn't really buy a Kit Fisto that was cycled back through a case assortment months later if you already had it would you? Some little tyke might want it, but we'd get the new figures while kids would have a chance at their favorite main characters so resculpts wouldn't be needed - especially if "slashing action" is all they can come up with for a reason of a resculpt.

Rogue II
06-05-2002, 05:00 PM
The main things I'm looking for in a "Definitive Vader" would be:

1. Cloth cape - I hate those molded plastic thigs
2. Articulated knees - so he can bow before his master
3. Articluated arms - so he can hold his lightsaber in different poses.
4. Removeable helmet and hand
5. NO GIMMICKS

SuperBattleDroid88
06-05-2002, 05:14 PM
Do we really need another Vader?!?! :(

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
06-05-2002, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by Rogue II

4. Removeable helmet and hand

I think the definative Vader's helmet should be 2 piece- Dome and mask.

mista_carrot
06-05-2002, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by SuperBattleDroid88
Do we really need another Vader?!?! :(

Hell yes!! We need a good multi-purpose Vader, none of these see-through Vaders, action-feature Vaders, or scene-specific Vaders. IMHO, older Vaders like Removable helmet Vader and older are just not accurate sculpt-wise, and the newer versions which have more accurate sculpting, are scene-specific or have some gimick holding it back. I personally like EW Vader, but I wish he didn't have the lightning and transparent effects.

BillyJAck
06-05-2002, 07:33 PM
Commtech vader is my personal fave. It represents ANH best I think. If you need a fighting vader get the flashback one i say.

billy

DarthBrandon
06-05-2002, 08:04 PM
We need a Vader like Big B and Rogue II described. No more, No less.

saladin
06-05-2002, 10:27 PM
well i hope they come out with a definative line, so the people come with tons of extras and the figure has a lot of articulation.

aceguide
06-06-2002, 12:11 PM
I'm in with the Commtech vote among those already produced. Would agree with the new sculpt needed crew.