PDA

View Full Version : Target lowers prices

pthfnder89
06-05-2002, 04:18 PM
I just picked up the Deluxe Anakin w/Geonosian at Target and I noticed that Target seems to have dropped prices, just as Wal-Mart has.

Basic Saga figures are now only $4.99. That's an awesome price if you have any figures you never picked up, or if you're looking to build your Clonetrooper Army. :)

Deluxe figures remain priced at $9.99.

Hellboy
06-05-2002, 04:23 PM
WOW

This is great news but I was in my local Target today and saw no such price reduction. I guess I'll have to check again tomorrow. I do wonder however if the prices will drop even more in the near future? I want to do some army building but I don't know if I should wait for the price to drop more or just go crazy now.

What does everyone else think??

pthfnder89
06-05-2002, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Hellboy
WOW

This is great news but I was in my local Target today and saw no such price reduction. I guess I'll have to check again tomorrow. I do wonder however if the prices will drop even more in the near future? I want to do some army building but I don't know if I should wait for the price to drop more or just go crazy now.

What does everyone else think??

I'm guessing it won't go much further. I think they said Wal-Mart went to $4.87 or something since they always have a slightly lower price.

But I think the reason for the price drops is just to get rid of some of the excess inventory that's sitting on the shelves. Lots of the first waves of figures are still there and they want to cut back all the shelf space that they have devoted to Star WArs.

Personally I would buy now because eventually the price will go back up to $5.99. (which is still TONS cheaper than the POTJ figs ever went for:))

LTBasker
06-05-2002, 04:35 PM
Yay, stores are finally playing it smart and not trying to stick to the same price for the peg-warmers that they did during E1, which is how they stuck with so much inventory on things - everything was over-priced.

Dooku Fett
06-05-2002, 04:51 PM
This is obviosly a way to get rid of extra figures.

Slacker Jedi
06-05-2002, 04:53 PM
Yeah, I was at a Target in the Bay Area this morning just as one of the Target employees was changing the prices on the figures!

I wonder if they'll stick to that price for the newer figures, like Orn Free Taa, Palpatine, Chewbacca, Han Solo, Pilot Obi-Wan, etc.

Dar' Argol
06-05-2002, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by Slacker Jedi
Yeah, I was at a Target in the Bay Area this morning just as one of the Target employees was changing the prices on the figures!

I wonder if they'll stick to that price for the newer figures, like Orn Free Taa, Palpatine, Chewbacca, Han Solo, Pilot Obi-Wan, etc.

Yes, well at least at WM. Those figs plus the Destroyer droid, Ki Adi Muni, and pilot Jango were part of the price change. 61 changes in all!!

JediDan
06-05-2002, 05:23 PM
Now isn't Walmart and Target slimming down their SW displays next month? Lady at my local Walmart said that they were going to dramatically downsize the shelve space for SW toys in July. Sound like this new reduced price is their way of getting rid of alot of the figs so they can make smaller displays. :( Oh well, i guess it had to happen sooner or later.

I wonder if we could bring in our old receipts even from 4/23 and price match their new price? Lets see, 37 figs X2= 74 AOTC figs at about $1 back each, that would give me about $74 back. It's worth a try, I think this weekend I try it out. :)

Lord Tenebrous
06-05-2002, 05:35 PM
Dar already said it had to be within 5 days of the change.

But don't be a cheapskate, take your fanboy passions like a man! :D

Dar' Argol
06-05-2002, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by JediDan
Now isn't Walmart and Target slimming down their SW displays next month? Lady at my local Walmart said that they were going to dramatically downsize the shelve space for SW toys in July. Sound like this new reduced price is their way of getting rid of alot of the figs so they can make smaller displays. :( Oh well, i guess it had to happen sooner or later.

I wonder if we could bring in our old receipts even from 4/23 and price match their new price? Lets see, 37 figs X2= 74 AOTC figs at about $1 back each, that would give me about $74 back. It's worth a try, I think this weekend I try it out. :)

There is no "offical" word on slimming down on SW in July. Some stores may be doing this to make room for excess Spider-Man stuff or moving other things into the SW area to make room for more summer stuff. I have not heard anything on this at all. Might just be your store.

As far as the old receipts, check here for the answer to a similar question:

Attention Wal-Mart Shoppers!!!! (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=101644#post101644)

eliwankenobi
06-05-2002, 06:37 PM
Yup, the Target down the street from my work has lowered their prices on Saga figs. Saw a few HD Anis, but mostly pegwarmers. Lots of Clonies and Imp. Guards too.

saladin
06-05-2002, 10:33 PM
well i'm glad around me target is much nicer and usuallyt has better figures.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
06-05-2002, 11:02 PM
Time to go to Target!:)

RAVAZ
06-06-2002, 01:08 AM
Thats great! I'm hitting Target this Friday!