PDA

View Full Version : Where did Zev put Han and Luke??

Lobito
09-21-2001, 07:00 PM
Where did he put them if the snowspeeder is for only 2 ppl?? And there is a scene right after Zev finds Han and Luke where Zev's snowspeeder is arriving the base. Note that it is the only ship shown arriving, cuzz there were others searching for them.:confused:

Take your guess...

bigbarada
09-21-2001, 07:34 PM
Obviously, there had to be more than one Snowspeeder to carry them both back. So I think that Zev landed near Han and Luke and Han hastily loaded Luke onto the Snowspeeder because he was in dire need of medical care, then while Zev was rushing Luke back he radioed Han's coordinates to the other Snowspeeders to pick him up. The reason we only see one Speeder landing is that you must allow time between two flying ships to land or they might crash into each other. The movie figured that the audience is intelligent enough to figure this out so it doesn't waist time showing both ships landing.

Lobito
09-21-2001, 07:54 PM
Exactly, that must be it.:cool:

JediTricks
09-22-2001, 02:00 AM
Well, we have no reason to think that Luke and Han get back to base at the same time, Han has no real reason to get back to base right away since he has his the shelter, so barada's theory seems most plausible to me.

Rollo Tomassi
09-22-2001, 09:23 AM
Well, they didn't need to shoot the lasers, so I think they removed the batteries and shoved Luke's unconcious body in the battery compartment. I can see Han and Zev high fiving over that practical joke...:rolleyes:

Bel-Cam Jos
09-22-2001, 11:42 AM
Ah, Rollo. Vintage humor (pun absolutely intended!). He could've tied one up with the harpoon cable, too.

By the way, here's the Old Forum thread on this very topic: http://209.197.112.151/thread.html?dom=ss&TID=8&PID=463

MisterPL
09-24-2001, 08:25 PM
In Scholastic's 1984 Star Wars: Zev to the Rescue! pop-up book, Han pilots the snowspeeder back to base while Zev uses the tow cable to harpoon the dead tauntaun carcass, dragging it back to base with Luke back inside it.

This explains why Luke has to spend so much time in the bacta tank, recovering from repeated head trauma, suffering from delusions of grandeur and an inability to sense the woman he's tonsil-wrestling is his twin sister.

Weirdo Jedi.

The best part of the book was a "Weekend at Bernie's" kind of moment with Zev and Han at first trying to tie Luke to the speeder like an upright hood ornament. That Zev, what an imagination!

Rollo Tomassi
09-25-2001, 08:02 AM
I thought MisterPL was joking...until I looked up Star Wars:Zev to the Rescue! in Tomart's guide to SW collectibles and...I'll be darned... $20-25 in mint condition!!!!

El Chuxter
09-25-2001, 10:51 AM
So the dude gets his own book, but no figure? :(

Lobito
09-25-2001, 02:07 PM
It seems my guess...BB's guess and JT'S guess have been destroyed by a book!! That is if the book is canon...anyway, i'll try to find that book.:D

And this gives more points to a Zev action figure!!

bigbarada
09-25-2001, 10:16 PM
Ummmmm,......can somebody please provide a scan of the cover of this book?:rolleyes:

I think a Zev action figure would be jinky!!:p :cool:

Jargo
09-28-2001, 05:11 PM
Jinky? Is this a real word BB or just another made up word like 'funnest' that I found on the official Britney Spears site just the.. other....... day.......! What? Like you've never been? Yeah right! :eek:

bigbarada
09-28-2001, 10:11 PM
"Funnest" isn't a real word?? Let me check my dictionary...

Yep, you're right. The correct usage is "most fun."

Now as for "jinky"

jink-y adj (1762) : of or relating to an idea, object or person who is highly desired ---- DA BOMB, DA SHIZ-NIT

:D :D :D :D :D

GNT
09-29-2001, 01:01 AM
I believe the correct spelling is "Funniest" :)

bigbarada
09-29-2001, 01:06 AM
No, that would be the ultimate form of "funny" an adjective not "fun" a noun/adjective.

Hmmmm, we seem to have gotten slightly off topic.

GNT
09-29-2001, 01:45 AM
Originally posted by bigbarada
Hmmmm, we seem to have gotten slightly off topic.

I uess we have :D Speaking of the Topic what was it again? ;)

Eternal Padawan
09-29-2001, 09:26 AM
Fun, Funner, Funnest(incorrect) or Fun, More Fun, Most Fun (Correct) and Funny, Funnier, Funniest

And didn't Velma use to say "jinky" on Scooby-Doo?

What??? Zev, Han and Luke? What are you talkin...oh. the original topic. I see. Sorry.

JediTricks
09-29-2001, 12:17 PM
That's "jinkies!" plural.

So we're all agreed, Han left Luke still inside the tauntaun carcass in a zipped-up tent, the stench is what actually ripped Luke's face apart. ;)

Jargo
09-29-2001, 02:53 PM
Aha! Knew I'd find it. The Cassel dictionary of slang by Jonathan green pub. 1999 has an entry for Jinky adj. [1950s-60s] (US Black) difficult, problematical, unpleasant. [ SE jinx ]

So there. Real word real meaning. It's a jinky old world aint it? :)

Don't you just hate a smartalec? *rhetorical*

And as to the snowspeeders, Zev took Luke back alone and left Han with the Tauntaun to work out those 'issues' he had with it. Know what I'm sayin' - issues...;)

Bel-Cam Jos
09-29-2001, 07:25 PM
"My glasses! I can't see without my glasses!" Poor Velma's Achilles Heel: blindness.

Here's what happened to Luke, Zev, and Han. They lived in a beach house together, where Han was the smart one, Luke the dumb blond, and Zev the clumsy restaurant owner. General "Mister" Rieekan was the nosy neighbor who lived upstairs, and 2-1B was the swingin' bachelor droid who dated stewardesses. Now that's off-topic to the funnest degree! Zoiks!