PDA

View Full Version : Am I nuts if I do this? Let me know. lol

BillyJAck
05-28-2002, 06:43 PM
I'm wanting to complete a collection. I just buy figures that I like how they look but something makes me badly want the below figures. Now the advice i need is should i shell out the cash to buy them? I look at it this way. Hasbro will never make these figs again and we are past all big clearences and there's no dumping massive amounts of these anywhere anymore. I'm trying to buy the hardest to get e1 figs so what do you think? Will they only gain in value and be the most valuable figures in the e1 line? I mean its been two years since they came out and they are still going strong it appears and won't die down.Will these be the ones worth $100-$175 bucks in ten to twenty years? Also how much should i pay for momc examples I saw someone pay 47.00 bucks for a amidala battle the other day. LMK

Queen Amidala Battle MOMC
TC-14 MOMC
R2-B1 MOMC
Sio Bibble MOMC
Darth Sidious Holograph MOMC

Let me know if i missed any really important ones from my list that should definately be included. I know Jar Jar swamp was rare but didn't he get dumped in massive amounts at tru? what about Naboo Royal Guard(removable helment guy) and pit droids will they be as high as the other???? . Please let me know

Billy

Beast
05-28-2002, 07:08 PM
I have all of those, and the only figures that are a bit of a disapointment are the Queen and R2-B1. Tc-14 is a great figure in my opinion, and so is Darth Sidious: Holographic. Sio Bibble is kinda boring, but is a pretty perfect copy of the charecter from the movie. If you keep an eye on Ebay, sooner or later you will find them for a decent deal. If you don't mind loose, keep an eye out for them that way as well. The Swimming Jar Jar is a very nice figure, and so is the Naboo Guard. Neither of those showed up in great numbers in clerances sales either, but they were a lil wider avaliable then TC-14, R2-B1, and the Bibble wave. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

ACPin
05-29-2002, 12:17 PM
Unless you have money to burn, I would advise against buying any regular figure that was available on retail at very inflated prices. If you really want them for your collection, you've got to be patient and be on the look out for other collectors who would be selling their collections so you get it cheaper. Try also the trading section and maybe you'll be able to hook up with other members that might have extras.

eliwankenobi
05-30-2002, 06:54 PM
If its any consolation or help, I had all of these figs and traded them away - and I don't miss them at all.
IMO, don't waste a truckload of $$ trying to obtain a bunch of mediocre figs. They're definitely not worth what scalpers are trying to get for them - unless you're a completist.

DarthBrandon
05-30-2002, 07:08 PM
Don't waste your money or time looking for these figures on E-bay. I would however look in the trading section of these forums and possibly make a trade with a fellow collector. The TC-14 is a nice figure and so is the Naboo Royal Guard, the other three on your list are not that great. If you want them, be patient and get them at a fair price or trade. The sellers on E-bay and other places (collectable stores) have all kinds and are asking crazy prices, they don't care about you, so stay away, if you can. Get them from a fellow collector in trade if you can.

Jedi Juice
05-30-2002, 07:37 PM
Well, I posted a list of EP1 figures that I was missing, including the ones that you are asking for, and I got some replies on a few of the harder-to-find ones, like Jar Jar and TC-14. The real collectors will be happy to sell you their figures so you can complete your collection as I am doing and should not "scalp" you out of a bunch of money.

Anyway, good luck obtaining your figures.

chris
06-05-2002, 11:46 AM
I say save your money, keep looking, and be patient. You'll find whatever you need.

BillyJAck
06-05-2002, 05:35 PM
I just gotta know if yall think i'm nuts for doing this.

I'm talking to a guy and i'm wanting to buy all the hard to get Episode 1 figures in a c9.5 cards in star cases including the shipping for $115.

I'm getting

Sio Bibble
Tc-14
R2-b1
Jar Jar Naboo Swamp
Queen Amidal with Ascension gun
Darth Sidious Holograph

Now i've looked and looked for this figures and can't seem to find just what I want..sigh. This guy has all of them in the condition i want and i can take em down with one big swipe. I really want this and they have been at the top of my list for 2 years. I'm wanting to do it just to get it out of the way. But i'mma have to sell off a ton of stuff cheap.. lmk what ya think as i respect opinions.

billyjack

Yoda'sMaster
06-05-2002, 05:38 PM
do it do it do it tose r all valued at around 30$ a pop, your'll b saving yourself some cash and shipping if u were to buy the all singlally off ebay
=)

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
06-05-2002, 05:40 PM
It's a reasonable price.

Beast
06-05-2002, 05:43 PM
Not a bad deal at all, if your really worried about paying more go for it. I dont foresee these guys showing up ever again at clerance, and the price isn't to bad. If it was me, I would go for it. Just make sure he's reliable, I don't wanna see a forum member get ripped off. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Lord Tenebrous
06-05-2002, 05:45 PM
It's slightly inflated. Accounting $15 per figure, plus 6 @ $2 for star cases and $4 for shipping - you'll find yourself at $106.

You could probably ditch the cases and get yourself down to $95, then maybe haggle your way to $90. But it's your money to spend, and your hobby to enjoy, so if you want the items badly enough, then go for it.

LTBasker
06-05-2002, 05:47 PM
You must do what think is right.

Search your feelings...

Just think about it for a bit, it's not such a bad price, especially in star cases, if you've got the money to spare then I guess it would be a good idea but if you're on quite limited figures funds I wouldn't.

BillyJAck
06-05-2002, 05:48 PM
Have alot of people been ripped off in here before? I was ripped off about a year ago and the post office was taking way too long with my claim so I drove to the guys house in upstate florida and knocked on his door. He drove to the bank atm as i followed and got out all my money and handed it back to me. But it did help that i said i'd beat the crap outta him and i wasn't backing down. I hate for collecting to come to that but he ripped me of 200 bucks i was not happy. So now i'll pay through Pay Pal or something. Or registered, insured, with tracking number all that.

billyjack

2-1B
06-05-2002, 05:52 PM
Wow, Billy Jack - you really live up to your namesake! :D

BillyJAck
06-05-2002, 05:58 PM
ha ha. well you don't go by the nickname billyjack for nothing. lol.

"some people are just stupid" billyjack from the movie

This guy looked like the comic book store guy off of the simpsons. He was gonna catch a major ***$ whippin if he didn't hand over the figures or money. But yep caesar i do live up to my nickname. lol

billyjack

aikman
06-05-2002, 09:18 PM
Do you think those figures are worth it?
I actually need thoese ones too but its not like im that crazy about any of them to pay at least double retail for them.
Why do u want them so much, not for investment I hope.
Ya waited this long, why not a bit longer...

BillyJAck
06-05-2002, 09:25 PM
Well TC-14 and Sidious holograph are my fav looking episode 1 figures. I like how the rest look alot!. I've just built this thing up, As for investment not really. But these figures will be worth alot in like 10-15 years. I mean they already all go for like 20 30 bucks and hasbro can't dump them on clearence any and they won't make them again. its a win win thing here. . Can't explain it too well just want them. I'll sell the rest of my stuff if i have too.

billy

Brett3xmvpfavre
06-05-2002, 10:03 PM
well seriously i would get them, on 2 conditions

1) you have the money
2) you dont miss new figures and have to do this all over again cause you didnt have money to buy them when you first saw them

QLD
06-06-2002, 12:23 AM
I've been wanting a Zuckuss for years....only figure I haven't gotten yet. Only reason I haven't yet is because I won't pay over 15 dollars for one. I will get one.....eventually.

saladin
06-06-2002, 12:27 AM
it's up to you but i would do it.

BillyJAck
06-06-2002, 02:58 AM
Well i think i'm going to pass. Just pick up the Amidala maybe.. thats a big maybe on her. Maybe tc-14 and Holo sidious. But I really just want them open. I'm not in this for money. I'll just lose lots of $$. I'll just have great patience and get them all loose. Might have to open amidala. Sio Bibble and r2b1 are boring. I'll just wait.

billy

Jayspawn
06-06-2002, 03:06 AM
It's not too bad of a price. And if you're getting the last of the figures you need out of the way, it's not too bad either. I'd say go for it, and DO NOT look back.