PDA

View Full Version : How do you order Direct from Hasbro

BillyJAck
06-05-2002, 05:40 PM
Hi,

Lets say I wanted to start selling SW figs on a biz website. How do you start something like that up? How do you order direct from hasbro? anyhelp is appreciated

billyjack

LTBasker
06-05-2002, 05:51 PM
I think it's quite a bit of dough to get the license to sell them and to order them. Might not want to, considering you'd have no control over what you would get in the assortments. You could easily get very rare HTF figures while you could just as easily get very very common peg-warmers.

Dar' Argol
06-05-2002, 07:03 PM
Man, you are tring aren't you:D

In order to order from Hasbro, you need a Tax Exempt Number. That'll cost you. Then you have to apply for a license from Hasbro to order and distribute their merchandise. IT really takes a lot, but If you really want to set up a website to sell off of, go for it:D

BillyJAck
06-05-2002, 07:21 PM
i've wanted to do this for years. And i thought you could order certain assortments. Kebco says something like with there pre orders about it lets them know how much demand there is. I am trying. If i can find my an honest parnter I will sell the figures really cheap as i can. I am trying you bet. I won't stop. I've been meaning to look into this since 1998 but just never got around to it. I can get all those numbers easy. Its the license that might be hard. But Brians Toys got one as well as countless others on the internet so they aren't too picky it seems. But there must be some requirement. i'm trying...lol

billyjack

KEBco
06-05-2002, 08:36 PM
It's really not a secret.
Get a sales tax number. Most states this does not cost you anything.
Apply to Hasbro. You will have to have excellent credit as a business or open a cash account.
If its a cash account, you gotta send them the cash first, when you apply for the account. Minimum $5000.
Then you order cases. You do know what the case assortment will be, but I guarantee it will never be what you would really like. Then after your initial order, all repeat orders must be $2500 minimum. You never know for sure when you will get anything. Just an estimated shipment date. If for some reason, you do not have the cash to them when a wave is ready to ship, too bad. They (Hasbro) will skip right over you and you miss that wave all together. Then hope and pray you can move all the "peg warmers" that are in the case that contains the 4 figures you really wanted.
Good luck with any business venture.
KEBco

BillyJAck
06-05-2002, 09:05 PM
okay since you want to share info. How do you contact hasbro and whose the right person to talk to. Whats the cost of cases i wonder.hmmmm.. 60 bucks. The money is no problem. I'd open a cash account. I rather do everything cash and not credit. Why do you have to order $2500 each time. I've been to countless little shops that just get two to three cases of each assorment. I don't need as much as wal mart or toys r us. I need a lil more mom and pop numbers of boxes. any help here is appreciated.

billyjack

Beast
06-05-2002, 09:24 PM
BillyJack, you have to do $2500 reorders, but you can spread that out though. Like 3 cases of each assortment a month, or however you want. Atleast thats what they used to do for smaller shops. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

BillyJAck
06-05-2002, 09:32 PM
jar jar,

so you are just required to do at least $2500 and whats the timeframe on that. I think i'm going to do this. I'll get a website up for $500 and get the $5000. Now just gotta find out who and how to contact the right people at hasbro. I'm going to get the sales tax number tomorrow(or just call about it) Then you just order as you go along. But you must do $2500 in a year or something i guess. I'm going to get this moving..

billyjack

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-05-2002, 09:45 PM
I'd be sure to order from you!

Brett3xmvpfavre
06-05-2002, 10:15 PM
as a customer i recomend this:

accept money orders.
DONT charge more than 5% above wal-mart, tru ect.
Offer a frequent buyer program (ie buy 10 figs get the 11th free!)
sell by the unopend case.
Get a 1-800# (if you take telephone orders)(you should)
Sell "peg Warmers" 5% BELOW RETAIL

aharry
06-06-2002, 12:25 AM
Does the $2500 reorder have to center just on Star Wars assortments? Maybe the reason those shops only have two or three cases is because they are getting other things from Hasbro as well. Just a theory. If that thing takes off, let me know.

RAVAZ
06-06-2002, 01:04 AM
Cool! I'll have my credit card ready!!

AT-AT Man
06-06-2002, 03:11 AM
i will definately buy from you, and where in florida are you located. don't sell by the box, sell by the figure. Bbut i do agree with the 5% thing.

BillyJAck
06-06-2002, 03:20 AM
If i can get this togather in the next couple of months then i'm going to sell pegwarmers at cost and the rest at retail. I'm in Haines City 20 miles from Orlando. I got a guy who wants to do this stuff. I just need to find a star wars fan that can build a website cheap or will get first dibs on the figures, Nothing fancy. See I don't won't to take credit cards really. I rather take money orders and pay pal but i guess i'll have to take credit cards cause people want stuff fast. I only want to please everyone and pay for cost and make a lil profit a month. $2000 a month would be a dream right now. Cause i have tons of stuff going on. i'll see how it goes. Lots of planning all kinds of stuff to do. But i won't be no dang brian's toys

JediTricks
06-06-2002, 05:09 AM
Originally posted by KEBco
It's really not a secret.
Get a sales tax number. Most states this does not cost you anything.
Apply to Hasbro. You will have to have excellent credit as a business or open a cash account.
If its a cash account, you gotta send them the cash first, when you apply for the account. Minimum $5000.
Then you order cases. You do know what the case assortment will be, but I guarantee it will never be what you would really like. Then after your initial order, all repeat orders must be $2500 minimum. You never know for sure when you will get anything. Just an estimated shipment date. If for some reason, you do not have the cash to them when a wave is ready to ship, too bad. They (Hasbro) will skip right over you and you miss that wave all together. Then hope and pray you can move all the "peg warmers" that are in the case that contains the 4 figures you really wanted.
Good luck with any business venture.
KEBco
KEBco, thanks for responding and I was wondering, a friend of mine USED to have a business that USED to order SW directly from Hasbro, but he says that Hasbro simply sent him totally different SW product than what he ordered, stuff like pegwarmers that he could simply NOT get rid of even at a loss so his business went under. Have you ever had/heard of this experience with Hasbro?