PDA

View Full Version : Cantina band members

Lobito
09-21-2001, 10:19 PM
How many cantina band members do you have??? 1, 5, 6???

Just curious if you bought the whole bunch, or just 1.:D

GNT
09-22-2001, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by Lobito
Just curious if you bought the whole bunch, or just 1.:D

Just one at the present time :)

JediTricks
09-22-2001, 02:02 AM
I bought 6, the thinking was I could have 5 out and one kept in reserves... then they found a 6th character. :p

bigbarada
09-23-2001, 02:43 AM
I bought five, but then later realized there were supposed to be six. Still haven't bought a sixth member yet.

Starfig873
09-23-2001, 09:03 PM
At first I bought five. Then later on I heard there were six. THEN I heard there were SEVEN! SO I ultimately have six out of package and one in package. Y'know...if you can consider a white box packaging...which I don't its just 7 members are hard to fit on the cantina diorama. :p

Rollo Tomassi
09-24-2001, 08:25 AM
If you count the Max Rebo band two packs guy, I have six...:)

evenflow
09-24-2001, 10:36 AM
I got 6.

master jedi
09-24-2001, 03:10 PM
I have 5.

TeeEye7
09-25-2001, 06:11 AM
I have zero. Never really cared for the lightbulb heads......:p

bibfortuna
09-25-2001, 01:59 PM
I originally bought 5 from the fan club (5 instruments, 5 band members, right? Gaaaahhh!) and then found out there were 6. I bought a 6th (not in a white box) from a toy show.

Now some of you are saying SEVEN? What up with that?

The only thing I don't like about them is the lack of articulation. They all stand exactly the same way. They look like a chorus line.

Rob

The Bald Ewok
09-25-2001, 02:11 PM
2 for me...I wasnt really going to get all 6 members, especially since these do just fine

Obi-Dan Kenobi
09-25-2001, 04:54 PM
Aren't there more in the Holiday Special than in the movie? Does anybody know? I'm sticking with the six I have.:)

OC47150
09-28-2001, 10:13 AM
I bought six but only one is out of the package. He's a soloist.

Huckleberry Josh
09-28-2001, 04:07 PM
Are you guys talking about the 3and 3/4'' or the 12'' ones .

Lobito
09-28-2001, 04:45 PM
3" 3/4...the promotional figures.;)

Wolfwood319
10-27-2001, 11:11 AM
I have 3 out of package, 3 in package. For a while I considered opening the rest, but there is absolutely no room in that cantina diorama for all 6.

Obi-Don
10-28-2001, 07:11 AM
6,9 if you count the backup singers.

JediCole
11-02-2001, 02:31 PM
I bought 5 of the 3.75" figures (price was better as I recall) to open, plus 5 more so I could have one still in the box and four extras to sell or trade.
When the 12" guys came out, I never saw them in the Wal-Marts until about six months or so after they had come and gone (so I thought). I bought a Figrin D'an ("Figrin D'an's their leader!") just to represent the band in my 12" collection (I have no room for an additional five considering how many other figures have come out or will be coming out that I want in that scale. I swore I was not going to collect the 12" line! But then given the first wave assortment, can you blame me?

darth chuck
11-03-2001, 08:14 AM
I've just got five. Does anyone know if the Fan Club ever got any more. I thought they had been discontinued, but the FC keeps advertising them in the Jawa Trader. Guess I should hop over to their website now.......bye.

Wolfwood319
11-04-2001, 03:37 AM
They advertise them in the Insider, but at the site itself I have yet to find them. I think you may have to be a member of the fan club to get them still though. All the dealers bought these guys en mass when they first were available to the point where even the $8.99 price tag in the Insider is a bit much.

At a show last weekend I saw most going for $5-$7, and a set of 5 for $20.

Mandalorian Candidat
11-06-2001, 12:25 PM
I really wish I would have bought them before the fan club stopped selling them. I just kept putting it off. After the cantina diorama came out, I was kicking my self for not getting them. It would have been sweet to make the full complete band watch Han as he eternally kicks Greedo's butt.

SithDroid
03-21-2002, 01:58 AM
So how many members are there total?

I have 5 I believe, plus one more that came with the Wal-Mart exclusives. Who is this supposed 7th character and what is his name?

OC47150
03-21-2002, 08:39 AM
In the cantina scene, there are six band members shown. The fan club offered a five-pack of the 3.75 figures. It was the first fan club exclusive offered back in '97 or '98. It was the reason I joined the fan club!

Wal Mart had a six-member set of 12" that came out in '98 or so. They can still be found at comic shops, collectible stores and flea markets but at an inflated price.

Jayspawn
03-21-2002, 11:12 AM
I actually have 12. I have 2 compltete sets loose anda few extras in the box.

SithDroid
03-21-2002, 06:04 PM
So which instrument goes with this six character then? I guess I could look up the info on the 12" bands and find out teir names and what they played.

Dar' Argol
03-21-2002, 06:19 PM
Their names and instruments as follows:
Figrin D'an with Kloo Horn(its a long pipe w/a S part at the top)
Tech with Ommni Box(its the box w/the disc on top)
Ickabel with Fanfar(its a short pipe, kinnda looks like a clairanet)
Nalan with Bandfill(weird shoulder strap thingy with a speaker on it?)
Tedn with Fanfar(this Fanfar looks more like a flute)
Doikk Na'ts with Fizzz(another loong pipe w/no S at the top)

That's all 6. There was only 6 in the Cantina. The other 12" Band member they put out(I don't remember the name) was the one in Jabba's Palace. He was actually part of the Max Rebo Band.

Hope this info helps:D

Dar' Argol
03-21-2002, 06:31 PM
I'm thinking though I will have to get rid of my 12" Cantina Band, no room for them anymore:(. I just don't know if I want to post them here or on eBay. I want to at least get what I paid for them . . . . . but trade would be good too . . . . . . I just don't know what to do:confused: . . . . . . any suggestions?

mark2d2
03-22-2002, 07:10 PM
I "think" I have 9 or ten of these. I have six open and three or four still frozen in "cardboardite".

I went a little crazy when this guy first came out. This was the first never before produced figure that I had dreamed about since I was 8. In fact, I was always baffled that they never did this guy in the original line. I'd have had bought at least three of them with my meager allowance -- great money maker for Kenner, I mean, who needs three Snaggletooths?

PS --- If anybody is really desperate for a loose -- or heck MIB one -- let me know. Maybe we can work out a deal. Especially as I am DYING for a loose Commtech Leia.

Turbowars
03-25-2002, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by Dar' Argol
I'm thinking though I will have to get rid of my 12" Cantina Band, no room for them anymore:(. I just don't know if I want to post them here or on eBay. I want to at least get what I paid for them . . . . . but trade would be good too . . . . . . I just don't know what to do:confused: . . . . . . any suggestions? E-bay would be a good place if you just want your money back. You could probably get $95-$115 You should hold onto them, you will be sorry later, not that they will be worth bucks, but because they are a cool set to have. I don't think I'll ever sell mine. E-bay is your best bet though.

Turbowars
03-25-2002, 08:59 PM
I bought the set of five from the Fan Club way back when and thought they would come in a nice window box, wishful thinking! I opened them all and put them in a Cantina Show Down cinema scene window box, the way they should have come. What the hell was I going to do with five figures in white mailer boxes?

browndroid
03-25-2002, 09:50 PM
i havent goten any, ive been wanting to though

JEDIpartner
03-25-2002, 10:55 PM
Have I mentioned that I still have ZERO!!! :mad:

Deoxyribonucleic
03-26-2002, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi
If you count the Max Rebo band two packs guy, I have six...:)

mine equals rollo's :)

Dar' Argol
03-26-2002, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by turbowars
E-bay would be a good place if you just want your money back. You could probably get $95-$115 You should hold onto them, you will be sorry later, not that they will be worth bucks, but because they are a cool set to have. I don't think I'll ever sell mine. E-bay is your best bet though.

I tried eBay and put a reserve of $120 on it(that's what I paid for them) but it did not hit it. I'm not a real big 12" collector. I have a Darth Maul, Qui-Gon Jin, Battle Driod, Electronic Bobba Fett, Anakin Skywalker(6") and 2 Pit droids all opened. I got the Cantina Band shortly after I started @ Wal-Mart with the idea that if I started to run out of room, they would be the first to go cause there still in the box. What I really want is the 12" Biker Scout w/Speeder!! Don't ask me about room with that one. It would be loose and sitting on a shelf I have. I think it will fit there, but the Band does not:confused:

DarthMaulSithLord
04-20-2002, 08:05 PM
I just bought three. Now i'll have to get 2 more. The cardboard cantina is getting awfully crowded! So far i have:

- Wuher w/glass which he accidentally glued himself to.
- Lak Sivrak.
- Muftak.
- Kabe.
- Labria.
- Nabrun Leids.
- Takeel.
- Garindan.
- Chewbacca (1st version).
- Obi-Wan (carded 1st version).
- Greedo Cantina.
- Han Cantina.
- Luke Skywalker (steroid)
- Ponda Baba (carded version).
- Dr. Evazan.

Damn, how i am supposed to get them all in? I only need Cantina Band Members, drunk guy in Teebo wave (forgot his name), Duros and a new Evazan to complete the scene. Wish Hasbro scraped the Ponda Baba from the new Cantina sets and replaced him with Dr. Evazan. We already have two great Ponda's. We need an accurate Dr. Evazan! Come on Hasbro, do it!

:D

Turbowars
04-21-2002, 11:18 AM
This is how the band members should have been packaged from the fan club. Check of the photo. Its way better than those crapy white mailers. The true CANTINA SHOW DOWN!