PDA

View Full Version : kellogs clone trooper helmet

seth
06-05-2002, 09:02 PM
Up here in canada I have finally seen the kellogs star wars episode 2 cereal, and I was wondering if anyone has actually seen the clone trooper helmet that can be ordered (ie) is it worth buying? I apologize if this comment does not belong in this area.

Taichi
06-05-2002, 09:47 PM
I should have mine in about a week, PM me, and I'll get back to ya when it comes in!!!

yukface27
06-05-2002, 11:39 PM
A WHA?! You guys are gonna be getting Clone Trooper helmets from a cereal send-away? I wanna live in Canada. Eh?

CooLJoE
06-05-2002, 11:39 PM
I got one. Had to get it off ebay since I'm in the US, but I got one.

Cereal rocks (darn canadians get the good stuff), and the helmet isn't too bad.

Its a thinner plastic than I expected, but its still sturdy, fits well, and looks pretty good. I suppose as a limited item and if you like troopers enough, its worth $20. I paid $40 for mine (actual box set from the store).

cujo fett
06-06-2002, 06:23 AM
the helmets also come included with 2 boxes of cereal available at most loblaws affiliates (zehrs, forinos, etc) in ontario
the one closest to my house still has about 10 or so, at $19.99 canadian
the helmet is huge, but the plastic is thin
still a pretty nice piece though

Taichi
06-06-2002, 09:07 AM
Please note, I am not Canadian (Not that there's anything wrong with that)

I live in Ohio.....but, since Ohio is so close to Canada, that translates to......

I get the best of both worlds!

now, is the plastic STURDY?, I know it's thin, but is the helmet flimsy?

Is the plastic thin, like.....uhh.....one of those halloween masks that have the little elastic strap....

or is it thin like.......uhm.....the brim on the Don Post Vader helmet????

billfremore
06-06-2002, 09:25 AM
The helmet is definately not like those flimsy little masks with the elastic, it is much more sturdy than that.

I think it's worth the $20 I paid for and it could be used for a costume but I think it's much better for display.

It's pretty big, it even fits my big melon it's a little tight on thre nose though.

Taichi
06-06-2002, 12:05 PM
Good, then it can take some abuse.....

I plan on using it for costuming purposes, and was worried that it wouldn't be sturdy.....

it's a nice looking helmet, I'd hate to have it ruined due to inferior plastic.....

so, how does it go on?, the hole at the bottom looks a little....small....to put one's head through......

I have a rather large head (Many people tell me that)....it's not weirdly misshapen or anything, but it is big......I hope I can wear it!!!

although.....there are a few lumps, bumps, divots, and a really large bowl shaped dent, but it's all covered in hair, so it doesn't show up easily!!! :D

billfremore
06-06-2002, 12:09 PM
the bottom hole is actually pretty big.
So you should be able to manage.

Where will you get yours from?

Taichi
06-06-2002, 04:55 PM
Ebay.....

I could probably find one here in Ohio if I went North, but it's okay.....I didn't pay too much for it.......

Tonysmo
06-25-2002, 11:07 AM
I got a helmet, it isnt bad at all... hurts my nose when I have it on so I will most likely display it.. It is actually two parts with velcro on the sides..
be wary though as I have seen varations on Ebay - looks like somone painted a yellow strip across the top and sides. sold for triple the amount.. and its the SAME plastic helmet. ahh what a lil paint can do for ya..

WesleySr
06-25-2002, 12:14 PM
Anyone interested in picking one of these up for me at cost plus shipping?? I have seen these and I think they look awesome for a cereal promo. I would love to have one. Someone help.

187-Maul
06-26-2002, 01:46 PM
hey CoolJoe, I had my stormtroopers standing in my vitrine for some time just like the one in your avator, with the lightsaber I mean:D