PDA

View Full Version : SW Lego MANIAC!!! Reviews enclosed

Warstar
06-05-2002, 10:25 PM
Well, having been a long time fan of SW and SW Lego's, and having all of the original release sets (I can't believe the 7140 X-Wing is going for so much $$$ nowadays), I recently woke up and realized it would not take a lot of purchasing to get me caught up with the Lego collection. I may have bailed on Hasbro after Episode 1 and most of POTJ, but Lego is getting my business now. AND HOW!

First up, let me review the 10019- the Tantive IV. This ship took me EXACTLY the amount of time to build as it did to watch the original SW Trilogy (I attached the last piece as the ROTJ Special Edition credits ended :)). It's a MONSTER- not something you can "swoosh" about, and it weighs A LOT, considering. Display wise, though, it's quite the conversation piece.

I had a little trouble with the front end, mostly because I got the mechanisms screwed up that hold the plates on the front with the rubber bands. After figuring out I had one upside-down, however, it was easily a matter of correcting it...

You know, before I go on, let me say that all I require to have EVERY SW Lego set ever made are the UCS X-Wing (7191) and the Darth Maul Head Sculpture (10018) ((I even got all the pens, crazily enough -_-; ). If anyone would like reviews or if you have questions on ANY of the other sets (1999 to present), let me know.

In the meantime, here's a good Lego site to check out:

http://www.fbtb.net

It's a WONDERFUL site if you haven't seen it yet.

Also, DO NOT PAY $100+ for the Millennium Falcon Lego set (7190 I think) if you missed it!!! It's at the Lego Shop-at-Home page for $99 right now! Ebayers are consistently being STUPID and pushing the bid for the Falcon over $120!!! Add shipping and you got a big waste of $$$ on your hands. I ordered mine from Lego and got 2-day shipping for $115 total. MORE than worth it!

That's all for now. Thanks for reading ^_^

JediTricks
06-06-2002, 02:34 AM
Hey there WS, welcome to our little corner. That's quite the collection, even I don't have all those (actually, I'm lagging WAY behind due to sagging income).

Would you have taken less time to build the Tantive IV if you weren't watching SW? ;)

Warstar
06-10-2002, 03:25 AM
Probably ;) Then again, I didn't watch the screen much

I just finished the Republic Gunship last night and damn, I love the thing! It's pretty cool and good on the "Whoosh" factor (meaning it's built pretty well). It had extra stickers though- that perplexes me...but oh well.

I spent the better part of the night figuring out an openable door for Jango's Slave 1 using parts from an extra Watto's Podrace kit I got by accident (long story). I made one though, and filled in the the holes on the sides of the ship as well.

Otherwise, thanks for the welcome ^_^

I soooooooooo want the UCS X-Wing for $100 with shipping...but from Ebay? I'm dreamin. But it could happen (got the Gunship for $70 with shipping after all ;))

Anyway, what's your favorite kit so far, JT? ^_^

humsup
06-10-2002, 07:10 AM
Talking about SW vehicles, I really shuns away from Hasbro's offerings simply because the vehicles are big. So in order to satisfy my wanting some SW Vehicles, I resort to their LEGO cousins :) I can buy a big set and build it up... voila!! SW vehicle. When I have little space left, I just tear it down. Flexible and cool. Can custom build to another SW vehicle too. Therefore for me, SW Vehicle LEGO is the way to go for me :D

JediTricks
06-11-2002, 10:29 PM
WS, my favorites are probably the system X-wing and the new Slave I, though I also had to fill in the emptiness and make a door.