PDA

View Full Version : You know that you are a Redneck Jedi . . .

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
06-05-2002, 11:31 PM
Here's a link to a page titled "Redneck Jedi." Not sure if this is old, it might be. It is mediocre at best with a few funny zingers here and there but the rest aren't that great. http://wackyzoo.com/fw/redneck.html (http://http://wackyzoo.com/fw/redneck.html)

SWAFMAN
06-06-2002, 08:24 AM
I can't bring up the page - it says the server may be down.
The images "Redneck Jedi" bring to mind are pretty funny though.

Y-wing up on cinder blocks on the front lawn of your mobile home on tatooine.

Landspeeders with gun racks in rear window, holding blaster rifles.

When you decide to become a Jedi and you get the divorce, is she still legally your sister?

Two words: Bubba Fett

You might be a Redneck Jedi if....
You've ever scraped a dead Ewok off the side of the road, and brought it home and made stew of it.

Your front porch flag pole has never once held an Imperial or Rebel flag, but you and your wife argue every weekend over which of your favorite Pod Racer Driver's flag get to be flown.

You trained your Padawan to "use the Force" by blindfolding him and making him swat away at your hocked-up incoming chewin' tobacco globs with his lightsaber.

(oh, man! I just saw that the link wouldn't come up becuase there's an extra http in the address. Now that I saw their list, I see that most of my jokes are already thought of on the site. Oh well. Stupid minds think alike, I guess.)

Exhaust Port
06-06-2002, 04:02 PM
This should work better:

www.funnywebsite.com/redneck.shtml

billfremore
06-06-2002, 04:17 PM
You might be a redneck Jedi if:

The worst part of spending time on Dagobah is the dadgum skeeters.

mabudonicus
06-06-2002, 06:04 PM
if the Kamino people can't even successfully CLONE you, due to severe genetic drift.....

JediTricks
06-06-2002, 08:05 PM
... if your cybernetic replacement arm is made of beer cans...

bigbarada
06-06-2002, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by JediTricks

And this is tolerance?:confused:

JediTricks
06-06-2002, 08:20 PM
Nope, I gave up after thread #5 since everybody else has turned this into "intolerance day" on the forums. :crazed: :sur: :o :frus:

Dryanta
06-06-2002, 08:24 PM
there you go JT.No harm meant anywhere here.I don't think so any way.Besides the whole Luke/leia thing has been redneck joke bait for 25 years.

LTBasker
06-06-2002, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by JediTricks

And you get it cut off by your son who is also your brother in law.

JediTricks
06-06-2002, 08:29 PM
Dryanta, tell that to a few of my friends who have been called "rednecks" all their lives even though some of them have college educations and have to "roll with the punches" and pretend to laugh while they're being insulted to their faces.

I mainly responded because Mabudon's post was really creative, especially so close to the film's release.

Dryanta
06-06-2002, 08:34 PM
I live in one of the most rural states in the U.S. and I can tell you some of the redneck jokes are true of me.I've had to listen to all the hick jokes.Back woods jokes,fisher man jokes,lumber jack jokes.I don't let it bother me at all.I just chok it up to more ignorance.Worse ignorance that what I'm being accused of.
I'll pass good ones on to others.It's no big deal.And BTW no one has ever insulted me to my face with a joke that was intended to be mean spirited.There were comments that I could have easily taken as offensive about truck drivers posted today.Should I get all wound up about it?I'm a driver,Have been along time.Nope just people talking and sharing their opinions. oops sorry I had to come back.You posteed while I was writing this.
Creative?These are all old recycled stereotype jokes.That you yourself say have caused friends of yours pain.Then why is it creative?How would your friends find your opinion of the same jokes that have hurt them in the past.
? I really don't understand.Hell I'm a redneck by alot of the criteria set by these jokes.So what?!
I can give you hundreds of original jokes about city people.
If I were to take them and switch them around to have a Star Wars theme would they be creative too? I really don't understand.

JediTricks
06-06-2002, 08:42 PM
Hey Dryanta, I didn't even mention it on this thread, you're the one who made reference here to my comments in another thread. (btw, I think the word you're looking for is "chalk". ;) that was a joke see, by the winky-face over there... and here --> ;) :D)

Dryanta
06-06-2002, 08:46 PM
Cool.I told you I was a redneck:) I don't understand what you're mentioning.About another thread?I was jointly responding to yours and BigBs posts.Sorry If I got the two mixed up.

JediTricks
06-06-2002, 08:53 PM
Sorry about that Dryanta, you're right, you just happened to catch the tail end of BB's comment which is really what I was talking about above. Sorry again about that.

The other thread is unimportant, though I'm sure if you reload the MISC section, you'll find it soon enough.

Dryanta
06-06-2002, 08:57 PM
It all good JT I just didn't want try and talk to you about something I was unsure about.
I've seen it already.I'll stay way way away from that one thanks.;)
Thanks for the spell check too.I can always use help in that area.;)

JediTricks
06-06-2002, 09:05 PM
Me too, that's why dictionary.com and infoplease.com are in my "personal link" toolbar. :D

sir wilbur copeland
06-06-2002, 09:13 PM
Hey, I'm from West Virginia, and I'm proud to say I'm a hillbilly. This being entirely different from being a redneck. I find it quite offensive when someone I don't know insults my home and heritage. Those I know well and have a certain rapport with can get away with it because there is a trust there. And I have known plenty of people who make these jokes with the intent to hurt and insult ones upbringing.

It's also very anoying when people confuse the issue of being a hillbilly or country folk with being a redneck. There are plenty of rednecks in every big city on the continent. There are more here in the mountains where I live, but just remember there's more thangs what live in the water than jist them fishes.

LTBasker
06-06-2002, 09:46 PM
Might be Jedi redneck if...

You've got your Falcon covered by rocks to make it look like it's really a house.

(This is a play on this one family who covered their trailer in rocks here in OK to make it look like a real home instead of a trailer.)

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
06-06-2002, 11:07 PM
You keep a Jawa as a slave, who's only jobs are to fetch you alcoholic drinks and keep you amused as you fire a blaster at his feet to make him dance.

JediTricks
06-07-2002, 04:03 AM
Originally posted by Lowly Bantha Cleaner
You keep a Jawa as a slave, who's only jobs are to fetch you alcoholic drinks and keep you amused as you fire a blaster at his feet to make him dance. Man, I'd hate to meet the rednecks in LBC's town!!! :eek:

mylow thehutt
06-07-2002, 07:46 AM
you know your a red neck jedi if you keep chaging the color of you lightsaber.