PDA

View Full Version : Something that is plain ole disgusting!!

BillyJAck
06-05-2002, 11:19 PM
Look at this guys auction what a scuzzbag scalper. disgusting these ebay people are sometimes makes me wanna puke!

look

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1738041206

this guy is an idiot

billyjack

saladin
06-05-2002, 11:25 PM
thats terrible, i hope he ends up losing his whole collection to his dogs stomach.

Sidiously Darth
06-05-2002, 11:27 PM
I bet his reserve is $124. I hope he gets stuck with his sinister Padme!

RAVAZ
06-05-2002, 11:55 PM
LOL!! Maybe I can win his auction for $5. Oh wait! How much was shipping? HAHA!

Deoxyribonucleic
06-06-2002, 01:53 AM
ROFLMAO!!!!!

Peeps are crazy! I've not seen anything like that before.

Who does he think he's kidding???

:crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed:

BillyJAck
06-06-2002, 01:54 AM
He's obviously smoking crack-cocaine.

billy

2-1B
06-06-2002, 01:57 AM
How rare is that variant? I'm not familiar with it.

BillyJAck
06-06-2002, 02:06 AM
as rare as the all blue helment jango and black belt dooku :P i hate variations. And this guy is a S C A L P E R

Jayspawn
06-06-2002, 02:09 AM
This auction is absurd. May a terrible rainstorm destroy is precious rare varients!

Deoxyribonucleic
06-06-2002, 02:11 AM
I hate variations too...if you put all the same type of fig together they'd all be different from one another any way and then we'd be deep in it with variants now wouldn't we! hehe

BillyJAck
06-06-2002, 03:01 AM
All i can say is look... god what a dummy

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1737462410

Jaina Solo
06-06-2002, 03:34 AM
That...is just a production screwup I'd have left on the pegs, variant or not.

But...why does everybody keep posting these Ebay auctions and saying how crazy they are and that they're scalpers. We all know they're out there- so what?

BillyJAck
06-06-2002, 03:38 AM
If you are saying so what about the topic why do you bother to reply to the thread. I just found it crazy what some people would pay or do and wanted to give everyone a laugh.

billyjack

Jaina Solo
06-06-2002, 03:39 AM
Because I wanted to know why people keep posting stuff like this, that's all.

BillyJAck
06-06-2002, 03:40 AM
cause its so ridiculous its funny. Thats why i posted it. :)

JediTricks
06-06-2002, 03:54 AM
See, this is what I was talking about with the paint changes making a figure look completely different (I was referring to an Anakin HD I need to return and a Yoda figure which someone mentioned). This seller is claiming the sculpt is different, but I don't see a different sculpt, ONLY a different paint job and different plastics (shiny vs matte). I'd really feel bad for any buyer who believes this guy's rant (especially with those 6 negatives and 4 neutrals in under 1,000 feedback).

LTBasker
06-06-2002, 07:26 AM
The funny part about that whole mole thing is that it's pretty out of proportion... The size of the "mole" on that figure would be more like a boil at 1:1 scale. :rolleyes:

There is really just no reason to buy stuff like that for that much. Granted some people might think it's an interesting piece to add to their collection to show off to friends but what showing off can you do when you end up not being able to eat just over a figure?

icatch9
06-06-2002, 07:34 AM
I do not think that the Padme' mole is as rare as the Jango,and Boba viser errors. I've found at least a dozen Padme's and not viser errors on any of the Jangos or Bobas. It is also shown by the price of a Jango or Boba ($100) and the price of the Padme ($0). I do not collect variations or errors, but some do. It may be a matter of showing off, but it's more like haveing something that you don't. Plus, people who buy these don't really worry about food. They aren't takeing from the food fund to buy toys. They have a bit of money and can afford these figures that come with a premium. Paint variations like the Padme aren't as valuable as Errors like the Jango and Boba. When you find a true error on a figure then you have something. Paint variations and things of that nature aren't as popular. The bloody Luke is an acception. I think that has to do with the fact that it's blood, and a buzz was created around it. If it would have been a change in the color of his boots, then I don't think anyone would have cared. Variations have been aroud these things since 1978, so have the people who collect them. It's no big deal, if they want them they can have them.

Oh, instead of complaining about these auctions here, I mean your preaching to the choir. You should email the seller and tell him how stupid his auction is. See what happens then.

BillyJAck
06-06-2002, 07:54 AM
o well just thought it was funny. I thought about email the guy. if fact i will today. it will consist of "I saw your aution mr. scalper. all i gotta say is. LOLOLOLOLOL" then times that by 400

Orn Free Taa
06-06-2002, 08:21 AM
You know, funny or not, that Boba Fett auction is already over $100. The only one who's laughing is the seller... all the way to the bank. And if the Padme sells?

"Who's the more foolish... the fool or the fool who follows him?"

Jedi Drew
06-06-2002, 08:28 AM
You know it's more SAD then funny that a person would pay that kind of money for a figure.:eek: :eek: I agree that you have to be smoking crack or just be stupid to fall into this guys SCAM.:crazed: :crazed: HH

Obi-Don
06-06-2002, 09:10 AM
I just feel sorry for the fool that pays for it. I want my figures to look good not have a bad paint job and that is all that it really is.

Deoxyribonucleic
06-06-2002, 10:11 AM
I LOVE how people always use the word "RARE" to attract others attention. It really cracks me up!

And I like the posts, they make me laugh and that is something everyone needs at least once a day...a darn good laugh!

:)

SuperBattleDroid88
06-06-2002, 10:22 AM
Is it me or does that "new sculpt" of Padme kind a looks like a bootleg??? Maybe not but I think it is a really idiotic auction...... A Padme is a Padme...... :rolleyes:

Mandalorian Candidat
06-06-2002, 10:27 AM
Man, what a total doofus. Who would pay an extra C-note for something that was left off a figure? I can't fathom that something like that would be worth $100+ to someone.

Sometimes money is just a burden to people. :rolleyes:

TK421BB
06-06-2002, 10:46 AM
If some idiot wants to pay this absurd amount for this average figure, let them..I don't have trouble selling figures for a little money but I do disagree with scalping. But whoever buys this is being taken advantage of, because their is no proof of what he claims concerning this figure. Thats why I'm glad Sir Steve's has set up a list of each variations with pictures. But if some idiot buys this he's a sucker.

pthfnder89
06-06-2002, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Deoxyribonucleic
I LOVE how people always use the word "RARE" to attract others attention. It really cracks me up!

And I like the posts, they make me laugh and that is something everyone needs at least once a day...a darn good laugh!

Yeah it's not worth getting worked up over, but I find them pretty funny.

And I honestly think if you could count the words used on Ebay, "rare" would come up as the most used word in any auction.:rolleyes:

Master Goeweins
06-06-2002, 12:15 PM
You know, looking at his other auctions, he has a Dooku with a variant hologram of Sidious. He states "this is the one that everyone is talking about in all the chatrooms." I son't think this guy is smoking crack... I think he just eats it whole.

stad
06-06-2002, 12:53 PM
I think I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say, good for him! I mean, isn't this the American way? He found something and he's offering to sell it, the bidder is the one that sets the price, right? I'm not sure you could even call it scalping, Boba Fett has been sitting on the shelves for quite some time, anyone who wants one can go pick one up, this one is just a paint error that maybe somebody will want. Now, if this guy has twelve Fett paint errors and no one can find those around, then that might be a different story. The only one that may be foolish is the buyer, but then, if that's what he wants to buy, then thats what he wants.

BillyJAck
06-06-2002, 06:31 PM
hmmm R U the guy hosting the auction? .lol

Deoxyribonucleic
06-06-2002, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by pthfnder89

And I honestly think if you could count the words used on Ebay, "rare" would come up as the most used word in any auction.:rolleyes:

and if we got a nickle every time someone used that word we'd be RICH! think they'll go for it? hehe

Hellboy
06-06-2002, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by stad
I think I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say, good for him! I mean, isn't this the American way? He found something and he's offering to sell it, the bidder is the one that sets the price, right? I'm not sure you could even call it scalping, Boba Fett has been sitting on the shelves for quite some time, anyone who wants one can go pick one up, this one is just a paint error that maybe somebody will want. Now, if this guy has twelve Fett paint errors and no one can find those around, then that might be a different story. The only one that may be foolish is the buyer, but then, if that's what he wants to buy, then thats what he wants.

I understand what you are saying but the problem is this guy is saying that it's a "RARE" variant and that is just not true. Anyone who has taken the time to examine like figures can tell you that no two paint jobs look exactly alike in this line. People like this are just taking advantage of others who are new to this hobby or don't have the insight that many of us in these forums do.

DarthBrandon
06-06-2002, 06:58 PM
This whole variation thing is way out of hand, who cares about figures that are painted wrong ? I don't. This guy is just making his crap sound really good, anyone with brains would know they are being taken. Then again maybe not. I laugh at alot of stuff on E-bay, especially things like this. The only idiots hear are the guys buying into this crap. I bought the so hard to find shuttle from the 80's on E-bay a while back, for 250.00 in mint condition. This is something I thought was a good deal seeing how it never came to Canada and it retails for like 695.00 American. I would never ever buy something like this piece crap though. I mean would you want something like this BJ ? I think not. This is just for suckers.

P.S. If your one of those guys who buys into this crap, do not take offense to my just for suckers comment. It's only my opinion.

Dar' Argol
06-06-2002, 09:59 PM
I do not know who is the bigger idiot! The guy selling it, or the guy who has the $103.37 bid in right now:rolleyes:

stad
06-06-2002, 11:28 PM
Oh, for sure! Anyone paying that is crazy! And you guys are right, on eBay, EVERYTHING is rare or HTF!! Oh well, you can't stop people from wasting their money.

Deoxyribonucleic
06-06-2002, 11:54 PM
I like how he says it's an "ENTIRELY DIFFERENT SCULPT"

no it isn't...those two pics are the exact same sculpt, he just shot them at different angles.

What is this world coming to?

:confused:

JediTricks
06-07-2002, 01:36 AM
ebay active title search for the term "rare (http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?MfcISAPICommand=GetResult&ht=1&SortProperty=MetaEndSort&query=rare)": 164,849 active auctions!

AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I guess they aren't that rare!!! :D

(Update - in the past minute, there were another 265 active auctions with the word "rare" in the title added to the system. Also, there are apparently so many completed auctions with "rare" in the title that the system can't display ANY of them, it comes up 0! :evil: )

Deoxyribonucleic
06-07-2002, 01:57 AM
Ok so that would only be $8,242.45 dollars if I had a nickle for everytime someone used the word "rare" on ebay. Hardly a millionaire. However, this is only for active auctions and that is only for 1 day. Now assuming that all the auctions last 7 days (1 week) we can multiply that number by 52 (52 weeks in a year) and we will have $428,607.40. Now I believe that ebay has been around since at least 1998 (if earlier, someone let me know) that is 4 years so we now multiply by 4 and we have $1,714,429.60 and VOILA! I am now a millionaire!

:p

stad
06-07-2002, 10:00 AM
A very rare, extremely hard-to-find, and limited millionaire!

swfanatic
06-07-2002, 10:13 AM
Here is a link to an eBay auction:

R2-D2 with Missing Centipedes (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1732073825)

What makes it disgusting is that it was posted by THRAWN of SSG.

He posted a news story on the front page of SSG touting what a rare find it was... then immediately stuck it on eBay.

LTBasker
06-07-2002, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by swfanatic
Here is a link to an eBay auction:

R2-D2 with Missing Centipedes (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1732073825)

What makes it disgusting is that it was posted by THRAWN of SSG.

He posted a news story on the front page of SSG touting what a rare find it was... then immediately stuck it on eBay.

:rolleyes: :frus:

Jonna
06-07-2002, 11:33 AM
Who, in their right mind, bids so much money on this stuff?

Deoxyribonucleic
06-07-2002, 11:54 AM
I guess I just don't understand why people would want an "incomplete" figure. But I don't understand why people kill one another either sometimes???

I love looking at these posts though, I don't often visit ebay at all (pretty much for reasons like that) so it makes me laugh to see these hilarious posts/bids

:D

Hey...I just noticed something, the bidder identity was hidden...hmmm, maybe the person selling it bid on it himself to make people think that stuff like this is actually worth something.
LOL :eek:

swfanatic
06-07-2002, 12:02 PM
THRAWN always does "private" auctions.

He claims it is for the privacy of the bidders, but I think he shills his auctions and bumps their prices up.