PDA

View Full Version : LEGO Clone Building Set

humsup
06-06-2002, 12:59 AM
Before I begin, pls check out this link at ebay :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1736921780

Though the seller had written quite a comprehensive details on the set, I'm still amazed that this package config actually exist.
Just want to know if it is still available in the market? Any info helps :)

JediTricks
06-06-2002, 02:30 AM
MAN that is cool! I don't think you'll find this anywhere, most Wal-marts probably used theirs up or gave 'em away by now.

2-1B
06-06-2002, 03:00 AM
Cool, it's only at $435.01 ! :crazed:
I should have borrowed a kid from someone and entered him or her in the event . . . and made away with the loot! :D

Thanks for the link humsup! :)

JT, had you even heard of this "set"? News to me . . .

100 Clones ?

JediTricks
06-06-2002, 04:22 AM
Yes, that's the set that Wal-marts got as part of their "Jedi Training" promotion for kids, the idea was that kids would try to build as many as possible and everybody got a clone mini-figure, but this set wasn't the prize of the contest.

fourtwo
06-06-2002, 04:55 AM
do not support that person please, he's a thief. thats just my opinion though.

joeroy
06-06-2002, 08:25 AM
It is getting more and more people selling the clone figure in Ebay. Take a look

http://search-desc.ebay.com/search/search.dll?MfcISAPICommand=GetResult&query=clone+event&maxRecordsPerPage=100&ht=1&itemtimedisp=1&st=2&SortProperty=MetaEndSort&category2=18998&srchdesc=y&BasicSearch=

Just to check may I know is the Clone Building easy to enquire?? Why so many people start to sell??

Thanks
JoeRoy

sunblind
06-06-2002, 08:35 AM
Mannn...those are cool. I'd never buy that many at that price though. Idiots.

chris
06-06-2002, 03:43 PM
i wish they would make sets for army building.

JediTricks
06-06-2002, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by joeroy
It is getting more and more people selling the clone figure in Ebay. Take a look

http://search-desc.ebay.com/search/search.dll?MfcISAPICommand=GetResult&query=clone+event&maxRecordsPerPage=100&ht=1&itemtimedisp=1&st=2&SortProperty=MetaEndSort&category2=18998&srchdesc=y&BasicSearch=

Just to check may I know is the Clone Building easy to enquire?? Why so many people start to sell??Because every single Wal-Mart store got one of these sets and didn't have to send them back, that means there are thousands of these sets out there. Where they went is up to the manager, some will sell them, some will give them away, some will keep them.

joeroy
06-06-2002, 11:43 PM
U mean Walmart store got this for free and someone is selling at that kind of price. Does Lego know about this? Is this legal?

Thanks
JoeRoy

Jangu Fett
06-07-2002, 07:55 AM
What is the chance of that being released to the general public? That would be to cool, if Lego made sets like that for Battle Droids, Storm Troopers, and others.

JediTricks
06-08-2002, 12:22 AM
Is it legal? The law is pretty gray there, the store itself can't sell it, but I believe it's up to the manager's discression whom to give it to or what to do with it (some stores might just throw them out!). As an individual, the person who gets it is allowed to sell it (even if that's the manager). Does Lego know about it? I doubt they're blind to the problem, it's happened before with their displays, like the UCS X-wing for example, but they probably are powerless to stop it.

The chances of Lego doing something like this for retail are, IMO, slim to none. The demand has been there since the X-wing first hit streets, but they've never gone beyond 3 mini-figure sets.

joeroy
06-08-2002, 01:35 AM
Gee Jedi Trick, this is quite a funny law in US. Anyway thanks for you explanation.

JoeRoy

Warstar
06-10-2002, 03:52 AM
*SIGH!*

An Army builder of this magnitude would be AWESOME...

Too bad Lego doesn't catch on. I mean they could make some serious Shop-At-Home $$$ selling packs of Stormtroopers, Clone Troopers and hec- maybe even a Jedi mini-figure kit with various generic pieces to make your own Jedi Army! (How's about some custom pieces to make a Ki-Adi Mundi or a Kit Fisto or Mace Windu? Of course Mace wouldn't be made for the same reason Lando remains a mini-fig at large...-_-; )

fourtwo
06-10-2002, 01:19 PM
i'm not so sure lego caters to "army builders" i think they cater more to "kids". us grown folk get the short end of the stick...a few sets are made for us but honestly i'd like to see the focus remain with the kids cause thats where it should be

JediTricks
06-11-2002, 10:31 PM
A set of 5 stormtroopers like the old figure packs would sell pretty well, I bet, but 50 or more? It'd make a good specialty set, DEFINITELY a smart seller for Shop at Home (lego direct) since Lego could cater to each order individually, but I don't think it'd do well in stores.

LTBasker
06-12-2002, 01:58 AM
A shop at home exclusive AT-TE set with 20 Clone Troopers would be nice. :D

LTBasker
06-14-2002, 12:40 AM
My aunt who works at the local Super Wal-Mart asked about the Clone set tonight for me and she was told that their store didn't hold the building contest. :( Even though they're a frickin Super Center.

JediTricks
06-14-2002, 02:36 AM
I don't know if Super Wal-marts were part of the promotion, but I can't see why they wouldn't be. Then again, I've never been to one since they're not out here.