PDA

View Full Version : facial hair - please do less sculpting

JediTricks
06-06-2002, 01:59 AM
Dear Hasbro, I don't think you've had great luck lately with some figures that have facial hair, both in the 4" and 12" scales. I think this is because you made the facial hair a sculpted part of the head rather than a paint application. For example, the facial hair on Obi-Wan Coruscant is sculpted, even though in the film, Obi-Wan's whiskers were fairly thin -- when you paint the figure, it appears as if he's a mountain man. Yet you didn't sculpt facial hair onto Jango Kamino, instead relying on a paint application, and it looks much more realistic and movie-accurate (though there have been some varying amounts of paint on different Jangos).

I would like to see less relying on sculpted facial hair because it looks like a santa beard when you finally paint it.

Battle Droid
06-06-2002, 02:16 AM
I agree, I don't like any of the Obi-Wan figures except Jedi Starfighter Pilot Obi-Wan because of it.

That's why I don't have any Obi-Wan's yet, but I want the pilot one.

saladin
06-06-2002, 07:32 AM
ya Obi would look better with just painted facial hair.

DarthMaulSithLord
06-07-2002, 09:45 AM
Jango's beard is too dark. He didn't have a beard in the movie, just some chin hairs.

And i really don't mind the sculpted beard on Obi-Wan CC. I think he looks superb IMO. Pilot Obi-Wan sucks.

:)

chris
06-07-2002, 03:21 PM
Im not completely impressed with either of the two current Ep 2 Obi-wans, im just looking forward to one with his jedi robes, in a nuetral pose. And a painted on beard might help too.

mabudonicus
04-03-2009, 10:17 AM
that is one of the best spam posts EVER
:beard: Iso&Baws

I guess the embargo on Koy4goff was lifted (you can look that up on youtube)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-03-2009, 04:44 PM
Wow, I can't wait for the upcoming Obi-Wan figure with barrette accessory!

Devo
04-03-2009, 06:00 PM
Just when you think theres a new thread around here.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-04-2009, 05:44 PM
Just when you think theres a new thread around here.
Do you mean the Dear Hasbro section specifically? There's really not much need for this place anymore, what with our direct line to them every few weeks now.

Devo
04-05-2009, 12:03 PM
Good point. However I was talking generally aswell. These aren't the most active forums lately. Do we have some sort of bad rep here or something?

NerfTW
04-05-2009, 01:54 PM
I agree. But I want to used a

hair accessories to do this facial hair. I think that it's very well.

RealHair (tm) Obi-Wan?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-05-2009, 06:59 PM
Good point. However I was talking generally aswell. These aren't the most active forums lately. Do we have some sort of bad rep here or something?
I think a lot of the people who used to post here are collecting less or just not coming here as much. There's no pre-movie buzz anymore, and very few people seem to want to talk about Clone Wars aside from that one thread for it. We've pretty much discussed the movies to death and beyond, so I don't know how much new stuff there is to cover. SSG just can't get the same news or scoops as otheR Sites, so we get less traffic and therefore fewer new people, and then all the gimmicks like the new contest thread and so on.

Devo
04-05-2009, 10:19 PM
Hmm. Did I see a subtle referance to a certain otheR Site there. I go there too. They can be the other extreme - too busy - where your post gets buried quickly. Around here everything you type gets noticed...or it kills the thread...only to be resurrected 3 years later by a spammer!

Well, I'll be keeping this site in my favourites list, it was my first SW forum afterall.