PDA

View Full Version : Tru To Lower Prices On Saga Toys

Deoxyribonucleic
06-06-2002, 01:22 AM
I talked to the manager of my local TRU this morning and he told me that around the end of the month they will be 1. lowering prices of Saga figs to $4.99 and 2. putting all the Saga figs they have now on clearance.

So hold off on buying the ones you don't "really" want except to finish out your collection because as rumor (pretty strong I'd say) has it they will be very cheap very soon!

Happy Hunting

:D

AT-AT Man
06-06-2002, 02:07 AM
that is a very useful peace of info, hopeit's true.

Deoxyribonucleic
06-06-2002, 02:13 AM
I'm pretty sure it is because he mentioned that walmart and target were going to be doing the same and they are following suit and sure enough there have been lots of sightings of walmart and target lowering their prices to 4.99

CooLJoE
06-06-2002, 05:09 AM
Dang I hope its true. I need alot of the peg warmers to finish off my collection and don't want to get them right away since I'm low on $$. This will help me finish the collection considerably.

icatch9
06-06-2002, 07:21 AM
Why put new figures on clearence? I can see the lower price, but a clearence price on stuff that's only a month and a half old. How weird. Hey, good for us. I'm glad I kept all my receits :)

jedi_uk73
06-06-2002, 07:31 AM
I hope TRU's in the UK do the same. I bet they won't though.

Brett3xmvpfavre
06-06-2002, 07:47 AM
I remember back in the day when i was young and only had to pay $5.14 with tax for a red card stormtrooper.

SuperBattleDroid88
06-06-2002, 10:30 AM
Well seems like almost all the stores are dropping the prices down a dollar... That's always good news....
Thanks for the information Deoxyribonucleic!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mandalorian Candidat
06-06-2002, 10:31 AM
Don't forget to keep your receipts people. I always do and when stuff like this happens I end up getting the difference back on my "older" figures.

DrewDewce
06-06-2002, 10:31 AM
I was just at a TRU in Southern IN and it is true. $4.99 on Saga and POTJ figs!! I picked up a Amidala Decoy and FX-7 I'd been putting off. No DP, Palpatine, Han, Chewie or Obi Pilot yet tho :-(

The WM had Saga figs for $4.77 and had the Qui-Gon wave, but the POTJ and Sneak Peek figs were still $5.88

HH

pthfnder89
06-06-2002, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by icatch9
Why put new figures on clearence? I can see the lower price, but a clearence price on stuff that's only a month and a half old. How weird. Hey, good for us. I'm glad I kept all my receits :)

Well I think it's an overreaction by the retail stores. It seems like the figures aren't selling much anymore but really they're still doing ok. I think the stores are getting nervous now that sales are slowing down after geting stuck with all that Ep1 stuff for literally YEARS, they want to make sure that doesn't happen again.

Good news for us collectors though. This is the first StarWars line that I haven't bought at least one of every figure for my collection, so this price cut will do me a lot of good in picking up some extra characters that I want to keep carded.:)

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
06-06-2002, 12:59 PM
I called my local TRU and they confirm the $4.99 price

Exhaust Port
06-06-2002, 01:27 PM
Currently they're $5 or at the end of the month.

Lman316
06-06-2002, 01:49 PM
I wish that KB would have put in the $4.99 thing like everyone else apparently is doing.
Not like I'm complaining (or bragging, lol) because I did find them, but I got the new Chewie, Han, Obi today at KB, but they were still $5.99. That's not bad, but I would have felt that much better had they been $4.99 or something, you know? But I got to use my $3 coupon, so it's not so bad.
This is so much better than 1995. The figures are cheaper (in most cases) and although some of the things Hasbro are doing are a little...uh...weird...they're still trying and they're coming out with some of the best sculpts and amount of accessories that we've ever seen! This is great :).

End :happy:.

Lord Tenebrous
06-06-2002, 02:04 PM
I still don't know if this is going to help. TRU and Walmart have comparably large displays, and while Wal has some sign of consumer interest, the TRU display would look exactly the same as a photo taken back at 12:00 am 4/23 - untouched.

Target, Kmart, and Kaybee seem to have taken a more conservative approach, with currently about 16 pegs and 10 shelves - half of what they had at the beginning of May. But why must Walmart and TRU dedicate large displays to this, especially in areas where there isn't a strong collecting interest? It would be beneficial if these retail toy managers would look at their sale statistics - large cities get more quantity, and small towns less. Hasbro actually favors this, by including older figures in new assortments so there was no need to overstock, and really no need to reorder 4/23 assortments.

Hopefully this mess will be sorted out soon - I feel bad for the retailers stuck with stuff that never sells (like the dozens of Nute, Watto, and Dagobah Vader clogging endcaps at TRU)

SuperBattleDroid88
06-06-2002, 02:08 PM
Yep! Just got home!!!!!!! They are 4.99!!!!! I got another Super Battle Droid!!!! :D

eliwankenobi
06-06-2002, 02:17 PM
That's super-good news!
Has anyone heard if the vehicle prices will be coming down?

Deoxyribonucleic
06-06-2002, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by Lman316
I wish that KB would have put in the $4.99 thing like everyone else apparently is doing.
Not like I'm complaining (or bragging, lol) because I did find them, but I got the new Chewie, Han, Obi today at KB, but they were still $5.99. That's not bad, but I would have felt that much better had they been $4.99 or something, you know? But I got to use my $3 coupon, so it's not so bad.
This is so much better than 1995. The figures are cheaper (in most cases) and although some of the things Hasbro are doing are a little...uh...weird...they're still trying and they're coming out with some of the best sculpts and amount of accessories that we've ever seen! This is great :).

End :happy:.

I got mine at kb the other day too...looks like they are the pot of gold as of late, I got my massiff and orn, qui-gon and endor soldier there a while back too before they were on normal pegs and at least they aren't 7.99 like they used to be eh? THAT was outrageous!

And for those of us who remember, when POTF 95 first came out they were 4.99. Now if that's not retro pricing I don't know what is...and I ain't complainin' neitha!

:D

Hellboy
06-06-2002, 07:03 PM
This is very good news indeed but when you all say "clearance" do you mean that the $4.99 price is the clearance price or are they going lower than that?

Deoxyribonucleic
06-06-2002, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by Hellboy
This is very good news indeed but when you all say "clearance" do you mean that the $4.99 price is the clearance price or are they going lower than that?

The manager I spoke with said that first, the prices will go down so to stay in competition with walmart and target and second, at the end of the month alot of the Star Wars items (including figs) will go on clearance!

This is what he said to me day before yesterday

:)

OneArmedJango
06-06-2002, 08:21 PM
Yah I just got home from TRU in Santa Monica C.A. and they are all 4.99!

Dar' Argol
06-06-2002, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by Lord Tenebrous
Target, Kmart, and Kaybee seem to have taken a more conservative approach, with currently about 16 pegs and 10 shelves - half of what they had at the beginning of May. But why must Walmart and TRU dedicate large displays to this, especially in areas where there isn't a strong collecting interest? It would be beneficial if these retail toy managers would look at their sale statistics - large cities get more quantity, and small towns less. Hasbro actually favors this, by including older figures in new assortments so there was no need to overstock, and really no need to reorder 4/23 assortments.

Maybe I can shead some light on this subject, *click*:D

The reason why WM still has such a large display of SW AOTC figs is this. We were sent down a Modular(or layout) for our "liceinse counter" (which is the counter that gets changed to whatever major toy event is going on, i.e., SW, Monsters Inc, Harry Potter, you get the idea). We have to follow that as those companies have "purchased" that space from us:rolleyes:. Most Dert Mgr's relize after a while that it is a waste of space and cut it down to make room for other items.

The other reason is that WM is very adiment(sp) about how full their back rooms are. If they are too full, newer merchandise gets buried and doesn't see the sales floor for some time. This is not a good thing in retail. So, most of the cases of SW were opened and the boxes destroyed. In order to cut back on the space they either have to sell through on a lot of it, or box it back up in other boxes and put it in the back room. Then you would also never see any of the new stuff, as they are trying to get rid of the older stock. So they would rather keep the stuff out to sell, and then cut back and bring out newer stuff.

As far as ordering goes. All SW items are concidered in our system to be Non-Replenishable. Meaning that we cannot order these items at the store level. Home Office does the ordering, and Hasbro ships them to us whenever they feel like it. So Dept Mgr's are not ordering 4/23 figs. They are either getting sent to them by Hasbro, or they are getting rid of all their old stock.

I could go into further details, like our 7, 14, 30 day warehouse program and our ICS team which would explain more, but I do not want to bore everyone:D

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
06-06-2002, 11:15 PM
I just bought Padme, KE Jango, Clonetrooper, and Nikto at my local TRU. Got those peg warmers done with. :p

Beast
06-06-2002, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by Lman316
Check the front page, apperantly they may be dropping them now to $4.99 to compete with the other stores. :)

http://www.figures.com/databases/action.cgi?setup_file=ssnews2.setup&category=starwars&topic=31&show_article=319

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks