PDA

View Full Version : starfighter pilot obi-wan or coruscant chase obi-wan?

odi-wan windu
06-06-2002, 07:38 AM
the pilot looks good. hopefully bigger than the the coruscant chase one. what do you think?

LTBasker
06-06-2002, 08:00 AM
Dunno, tried putting my Coruscant Chase Obi-Wan in the Jedi StarFighter but his karate chop hand just wouldn't stay in so I guess the pilot is the only one really to get for the Jedi Starfighter. However as just an Obi-Wan figure, I'm hoping they'll make at least one good non-gimmicky neutral one at some point, doubt it though.

Just between those two though, I guess if you put the Coruscant chase Obi head on the Pilot Obi body (if it's not bigger) then that would be an ok Obi-Wan figure because the Pilot one has the head-set equipment he wore in the Jedi SF.

pthfnder89
06-06-2002, 12:52 PM
Well I really like the Coruscant Chase Obi and I don't htink he is too out of scale. Ewan McGregor just ain't that tall of a guy. Plus he's bent over at the knees which makes him look even shorter.:)

But I will definitely buy a couple Pilot Obi Wans and do a head swap.

ScarletX
06-06-2002, 12:56 PM
I think that the head swap thing is the way to go if you want the best Obi. but short of that I think that the CC Obi is not too bad (karate chop hand be damned...)

saladin
06-06-2002, 01:06 PM
other than the arm and and bent knees the CC Obi-wan isn't bad.
I'll do a head sawp to , just like mace.

Darth Evil
06-06-2002, 02:14 PM
I like CC Obi-Wan, but I'll probably get the pilot anyway.

Paul-Kenobi
06-06-2002, 02:28 PM
well i have to tell you my wal mart stinks in my area your tierd of hereing this but i still can't find dooku nor have i spoted a Obi-wan Pliot. There was this collector fan who got dooku last week which angerd me cuase when i went to cheek where he got it (TRU) they had nothing but the same old toys theres nothing new at my wal mart.

(no its allright you don't have to offer a Buy/ trade with me thats only a last resort on my side. )

Lman316
06-06-2002, 02:59 PM
The Star Pilot version is okay - you can't use his gimmick when the robe is on and his upper arms are really thin. Other than that though, he looks okay. And the cloth robe is really cool. But I really don't know which one is better. I mean, the gimmicks make me really unable to decide.
I don't like the CC Obi because he's so short (because he's bent) and he can't even hold onto the droid that well (the magnet is fine, but his other hand can't grip the droid. So if you wanted to hang him up, he'd look stupid only holding onto it with one hand). And I don't like the Star Pilot one because of the sculpted headset and the thin arms. But they're both okay.
Hopefully they will release a neutral pose Obi with no gimmicks. Just a dang good figure :).

End :).

Darth Detori
06-06-2002, 03:43 PM
now how exactly does one go about performing a head swap? Rip and stick?

pthfnder89
06-06-2002, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by Darth Detori
now how exactly does one go about performing a head swap? Rip and stick?

It's not too hard but it can be tricky with some figures. Basically the easiest way is boil-n-pop, which is exactly as it sounds.

Just boil your figure for about 1-2 minutes and then (carefully) pop the head out. If the plastic is soft enough the entire peg should pop out without ripping. Then, while it's still soft, pop the head into the new body. :)

chris
06-06-2002, 04:09 PM
boil-and-pop, eh? That sounds good. But, im still holding out for an Obi-wa in his jedi robes, with a NEUTRAL POSE !

JediTricks
06-07-2002, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by pthfnder89
Well I really like the Coruscant Chase Obi and I don't htink he is too out of scale. Ewan McGregor just ain't that tall of a guy. Plus he's bent over at the knees which makes him look even shorter.:)

But I will definitely buy a couple Pilot Obi Wans and do a head swap. If Anakin Hangar Duel is in-scale (which I believe it is, and Ani OPD is not), then Obi-Wan Coruscant definitely is not in-scale, not even that close, and that has nothing to do with his legs being bent. If Obi-Wan Pilot is in scale with Ani HD, then Obi-Wan Coruscant's head will be significantly smaller than Obi-Wan Pilot's head.

In my book, Obi-Wan Coruscant is ok, but has a lot of flaws too. He works well for my Anakin Speeder - though sadly, there are no Anakin figures that are in scale with the speeder with the right costume and without extreme or v-shoulder arms.

Beast
06-07-2002, 01:09 AM
Squeeze his legs together, JT. And place him back to back with Anakin: Hanger Duel. He is definatly very close to, but not exactly in scale if you do that. It's his stance. His legs are spread wide apart, so that not only can he hang from the droid more balnced, but he can be placed on the back of the reek. Hopefully the Jedi Starfighter Obi-Wan is just a little bit larger. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediTricks
06-07-2002, 03:12 AM
JJB, compare head and torso sizes between the 2, I honestly don't think it's that close. And I did what you said, even with that extra tilt in Obi-Wan's foot, he's still over half a head shorter (and his torso and head look like a child compared to Anakin).

DarthMaulSithLord
06-07-2002, 07:46 AM
I don't own Anakin HD, but Obi-Wan is very near accurate size. IIRC Ewan MacGregor/Obi-Wan is 1.75m and Anakin is in the 1.90's. I believe Natalie Portman is 1.70 - 1.75 as well. Christopher Lee on the other hand is over 2 metres tall.

Still, i do think Obi-Wan CC's proportions are a bit off. Hope they release another Obi-Wan. Call it Kamino Duel and give it a removable psychic link, Starfighter solar dish, Kamino chair, cloth cape ALA Maul Sith Speeder, lightsaber w/removable blade, metal hilt and a metal piece in his belt so you can hang his hilt there. Add articulation in the head (balljoint), shoulders (balljoint), elbows (balljoint), wrists, waist, knees and you've got a winner.

:D

LTBasker
06-07-2002, 08:58 AM
Obi-Wan Pilot has the the dish for the Jedi Starfighter. You take it off it's base that it comes with and it hooks into the hole on the Jedi SF.

Jedi Juice
06-07-2002, 03:50 PM
I found the last Starfighter Obi Wan at my local KB toys, and boy it's pretty neat! I especially like his cloak and headband, it accentuates the detail on the figure more.

odi-wan windu
06-07-2002, 04:05 PM
this is good. I was dissapointed with cc, so jsfp is really my "only hope". :D

CrossWizard
06-07-2002, 04:18 PM
I found the last Starfighter Obi Wan at my local KB toys, and boy it's pretty neat! I especially like his cloak and headband, it accentuates the detail on the figure more.

Is it possible to place the figure in a good or decent two handed saber grip, you know like the Bespin Luke etc.?