PDA

View Full Version : will boba's armor be blue or green?



hango fett
06-06-2002, 08:13 AM
is it still going to be blue or did he change it to green bettween EII-III?

MikeAndTheBots
06-06-2002, 04:06 PM
If he's even in it he'll prolly have it painted green. He does have 4 years and how long does it take to paint armor anyway?

keith koth
06-06-2002, 04:12 PM
my prediction is RED....................From all of the Jedi blood!

Laserbrain
06-06-2002, 05:36 PM
Boba never painted his armor, the blue and silver simply wore off of it from years of rough combat. The greenish tint to the armor in ESB pobably comes from the method Mandalorians use to manufacture the armor and over time the lightweight metal tends to change color under stress. If you notice, some specks of silver and blue still remain where it wasn't worn off.

derek
06-07-2002, 09:06 AM
i know everyone wants to see him kill mace, but there really is no need to have boba fett in episode 3. he's still going to be a young teenager, much too young to credibly do anything in the movie.

saladin
06-07-2002, 09:07 AM
Probably blue with some discoloration.

MikeAndTheBots
06-07-2002, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by derek
i know everyone wants to see him kill mace, but there really is no need to have boba fett in episode 3. he's still going to be a young teenager, much too young to credibly do anything in the movie.
Like I said, if he's in episode 3 :D
Besides, i want Anakin to kill mace, not some 15 year old punk with a blaster.

Laserbrain
06-07-2002, 04:08 PM
Don't clones age faster than humans? I wonder what the ratio per year is. If Boba's supposed to be the equivalant of 12 after 5 years, does that mean in he'll be 13 when he reaches 6 years?

If E3 is three years after AOTC, Boba would be 9 or phisically 16.

If E3 is ten years after AOTC, Boba would be 16 or 23.

Obi-Wan was out killing Sith when he was that age. I can't see why someone breed to be an equally powerful warrior with all the tools of the trade cannot, with proper backup, can't take on a Jedi Master and win.

But Boba killing Mace isn't the thoery going around that I happen to subscribe to. I can see Boba attacking Mace with a flame or a blaster shot, but it's probably a rocket attack that shreads Mace's cloak. Mace dissapears a split-second before the fatal blow in a scene much like the one in ANH where Obi-Wan "becomes one with the Force" to allow time for the heroes to escape.

Boba then takes what's left of his Mace's cloak and mounts it over his shoulder...

Beast
06-07-2002, 04:14 PM
Laserbrain, good theroy but there is a big flaw. Boba Fett is an unaltered clone, he does not age at twice the normal rate, like the other clones. He ages normally. E3 is only 3-4 years after Episode II, so Boba will be 13-14 years old. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

hango fett
06-07-2002, 07:43 PM
i remember reading on here somewhere the plot synopsis by rollo. i think it might say something about it inthere..

LTBasker
06-08-2002, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by Laserbrain
Boba never painted his armor, the blue and silver simply wore off of it from years of rough combat. The greenish tint to the armor in ESB pobably comes from the method Mandalorians use to manufacture the armor and over time the lightweight metal tends to change color under stress. If you notice, some specks of silver and blue still remain where it wasn't worn off.

Don't remember any blue on Boba's armor, except for the ROTJ jetpack, which was the same one used in the Coruscant/Kamino scenes by Jango. (I think)

Looks more like all the silver parts on his armor are just carbon-scoring marks from getting into severe fights in it cause he also has silver on the red part of his helmet whereas Jango had blue. Plus Jango had a darker silver.

Kyo-Kasahara
06-08-2002, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by derek
i know everyone wants to see him kill mace, but there really is no need to have boba fett in episode 3. he's still going to be a young teenager, much too young to credibly do anything in the movie.

I actually don't want to see him kill mace i like the jedi. Him and his dad both die miserable deaths and i think they both get what they deserve. Besides what is a bounty hunter compared to a jedi master?

Obi-Don
06-09-2002, 05:28 AM
I think he will change the color. To give himself his own personallity.

stevenmh
06-09-2002, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Laserbrain, good theroy but there is a big flaw. Boba Fett is an unaltered clone, he does not age at twice the normal rate, like the other clones. He ages normally. E3 is only 3-4 years after Episode II, so Boba will be 13-14 years old. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

I assumed the same thing before reading the novel...that "unaltered" included age acceleration, and that Boba would have been one of the first generation clones...10 years old. That would make sense, with him still being 10 and the soldiers being equivalent to 20.

But, if I read the novel correctly, Boba is age accelerated. Apparently the "alterations" refer to messing with the genes to augment strength and make them more obedient. The age acceleration comes with being a clone, I guess. So that would mean Boba is 5 years old, equivalent to 10 years old. He'll be about 7-8 in EP3, equivalent to 14-16. By ESB, he would be equivalent to about 50 years old. Unless the age acceleration only accelerates growth during childhood, and tapers off after they reach adult age.

Jason B
06-09-2002, 07:36 PM
but, if you watched the movie, it says that in return for having the clones made after him, he wanted one un-altered clone.

stevenmh
06-10-2002, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Jason B
but, if you watched the movie, it says that in return for having the clones made after him, he wanted one un-altered clone.

Yes, the novel agrees with the movie in that respect. And like I said above, the age acceleration must be considered an unavoidable part of being a clone. Aside from the age acceleration associated with cloning, Boba did not receive the same genetic manipulations that the clone soldiers received.

That's the only way I know to explain it, unless the author simply made an error and Lucasfilm didn't catch it.

Jason B
06-10-2002, 04:40 PM
...

The Chosen One
06-11-2002, 09:27 PM
According to some Books, The Armor Boba wears actually belongs to This other Warrior that was Jango's mentor...but supposly he died, so Boba wears that. but thats Expanded Universe, I guess