PDA

View Full Version : I wonder what will be more "rare" Bloody or Metal Peg Luke Bespin?

mrmiller
06-06-2002, 09:29 AM
I finally found a Luke Bespin yesterday, and to top that off- I found 2! Generally I buy 1 of each figure and open them, but when I found the 2- 1 had the metal peg and 1 had the plastic peg. This made me think on which of the 3 variants might be more rare: Bloody Hand, Metal Peg, or Plastic Peg?

I'd say the Bloody hand, but maybe the Metal Peg one was shorter produced? Who knows. I just think I'm lucky that Vader, Obi-Wan Pilot, and the Lukes had somewhat damaged packaging so the scalpers left them for me :) .

=MATT=

Forhekset
06-06-2002, 09:46 AM
I dunno...I've found 5 Bespin Lukes so far in my area, and all have been the bloody variant.

SuperBattleDroid88
06-06-2002, 11:26 AM
I don't know... but I think I want the luke with the peg instead of the magnet... So far I haven't been so lucky with these magnents.... :rolleyes:

pthfnder89
06-06-2002, 11:29 AM
Yeah if I ever do find az Luke I want to get a Bloody version to keep carded but a non-magnet to open.:)

Forhekset
06-06-2002, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by SuperBattleDroid88
I don't know... but I think I want the luke with the peg instead of the magnet... So far I haven't been so lucky with these magnents.... :rolleyes:

Actually the magnet is surprisingly strong. Not quite as strong as the one in Zam's arm, but pretty darn good.

pthfnder89
06-06-2002, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Forhekset

Actually the magnet is surprisingly strong. Not quite as strong as the one in Zam's arm, but pretty darn good.

Really? I've heard that the hand keeps flying off with the lightsaber slashing action. But I haven't seen one for myself so I only have other peoples reports to go by.

SuperBattleDroid88
06-06-2002, 11:40 AM
If it is not as strong as Zam's arm then I don't need it...

Forhekset
06-06-2002, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by pthfnder89

Really? I've heard that the hand keeps flying off with the lightsaber slashing action. But I haven't seen one for myself so I only have other peoples reports to go by.

My Luke's hand hasn't flown off, but then again I only tried his action gimmick once or twice. He doesn't need his hand where I have him anyway, hanging from the weathervane. :)

mrmiller
06-06-2002, 11:55 AM
Humm.. I've been trying to decide which of the 2 to open. I was going to open magnet one, but now it looks like I'll go with the Peg one so I won't loose the hand. Besides, the magnet non-bloody one might be the most rare huh?

=MATT=

saladin
06-06-2002, 01:09 PM
i still can't find that whole assortment, it sucks.

RAVAZ
06-06-2002, 01:33 PM
I just need one! I haven't seen him or Vader at the stores. I was lucky I ordered the Vader from the Fan Club.

SuperBattleDroid88
06-06-2002, 03:11 PM
I can't find them either!!!!! :(

mrmiller
06-06-2002, 03:28 PM
Like I said- I just found them yesterday, and in damaged packaging. I hit the stores every other day too.

=MATT=

bigbarada
06-06-2002, 04:04 PM
Remember the Ep1 Yodas that didn't have the Ep1 printed on their cards? By the time Hasbro fixed it the no-logo versions were so common that the corrected version ended up becoming the rare one? Just goes to show that you can't predict what will be rare or won't be. Most of the time you will never find out until it is too late. So my advice, if rarity is so important to you, is to buy all of them and then you're chances will be better.

SplFrcsCWO
06-16-2002, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by pthfnder89

Mine rotates around but the hand remains attached.

Beast
06-16-2002, 06:43 PM
I'm guessing that the plastic peg version will likely end up the harder to find. Since the assortment is winding down, and Hasbro is moving onto the next, I don't see huge quantities of that one showing up. In the long run though, none of the figures this year are going to be rare. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
06-16-2002, 07:21 PM
I think the "bloody" version will be the more "rare" of the 3 because the red paint on the arm just looks darn cool. :D All I've been seeing around here besides the single bloody one I got last month are the non-bloody metal peg in the hand versions. I don't know if the plastic ones will be shipping but I'm guessing they'll be the versions of the assortments that get older main characters circulated in them, especially for the holidays.

It's kinda a neck & neck race between the bloody version and the plastic one, although the thing is that they're not making anymore bloody versions, but they'll be making the plastic versions.

Dooku Fett
06-16-2002, 07:34 PM
All of the Lukes at my Wal-Mart have the metal peg. And there are tons of Lukes.
The magnet in my opinion is REALLY strong.

PygmyAllosaurus
06-16-2002, 09:13 PM
Yeah, the magnet is really, really strong. You can pick Luke up by his hand without it falling off. I have no idea which one will be most rare though, I just found him for the first time today, and all of the ones I saw were the non-bloody magnet version.

odi-wan windu
06-16-2002, 10:28 PM
man, you really can pick him up by the hand. :crazed:

Darth Narcis
06-17-2002, 01:17 AM
i think by now i have seen in excess of 200 lukes. that from shopping around eastern NC and eastern TN(on a little vacation)... they arent hard to find, but i have found more bloody lukes and flesh lukes than magnet lukes, so in my opinion the magnet version is rarer...

Mandalorian Candidat
06-17-2002, 12:05 PM
Yeah, I throw in my vote for the bloody-magnet Lukes. I still haven't seen one but have seen all peg-hand Lukes so far.

pthfnder89
06-17-2002, 01:23 PM
Well I FINALLY found a Luke in stores this weekend, althogh I had to drive to Chicago to do it. I went up there to bring my gf down from Northwestern University and when we went to Target to pick up some packing bags I checked and found lots of non-bloody magnet Lukes.

The Bloody Luke will ALWAYS be the more in demand version I'm guessing, for obvious reasons. Even if it isn't the least produced, it's still the one that most people will want. So unless it turns out that Hasbro will only make like 5 of the plastic peg variants, then the Bloody version will keep selling for the most money.

Darth Detori
06-17-2002, 02:09 PM
my magnet's fine.
and the bloody's will definantly be more rare