PDA

View Full Version : Who is Sifo-Dyas/Sido-Dyas?

keith koth
06-06-2002, 12:08 PM
Is the spelling Sifo-Dyas or Sido-Dyas? if it is the latter of the two, then it could be an anagram for.......Yoda is S.D. (i.e., Yoda is Sido-Dyas). :eek:

The following is just speculation and there is probably not a grain of truth to it;however, I will post it anyway and see what everyone thinks.

Perhaps Yoda could see through the clouded future well enough to foresee the need for a clone army (Coincidently they were ready just in time for their need).

Yoda would have had the ability to remove Kamino from the Jedi Library. His motive would have been to avoid the possibility of anyone obtaining information about the cloned army before they were absolutly necessary....perhaps he was able to sense future betrayal by someone within the Jedi Order and, thus the need for secrecy.

Any thoughts, opinions, and/or alternate theories? :confused:

Beast
06-06-2002, 12:38 PM
Sifo-Dyas was a Jedi Master, that died around the same time as the battle of Naboo. Here is a link to the ultimate info thread about Sifo Dyas. BTW, it was most likely Dooku who erased the Kamino records, and ordered the Clone Army. :)

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8249

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

El_Pasty_Muchacho
06-06-2002, 02:16 PM
I thought he coulda been the Q-tip headed alien from Ep. 1, as he looks a lot like the rest of the folks from Kamino and he's no where to be found in Ep. 2.

Eternal Padawan
06-06-2002, 02:57 PM
Q-Tip head was the venerable Yareal Poof. Show some respect. And Sifo-Dyas died before The Phantom Menace, so even if it was, it couldn't have been...

chris
06-06-2002, 05:00 PM
plus, Yareal Poof wasn't a Kaminoan, he was a Querian. According to the comics, he was assassinated by Zam Wesell before E2

keith koth
06-07-2002, 08:47 AM
The name must be sido-dyas rather than sifo-dyas.

If you go to www.sido-dyas.com it takes you directly to starwars.com; however if you try www.sifo-dyas.com it takes you nowhere.

saladin
06-07-2002, 09:05 AM
It's sifo, and chris Zam was trying to stop the destruction of couresont just like Poof, he was stabbed by some guy then used the last of his energy to fix some bomb.

keith koth
06-07-2002, 09:07 AM
What? :crazed:

Croaker
06-07-2002, 09:57 AM
the second - sifo-dyas took me to some zoo site.
But nice work. It would appear to confirm that it is spelt Sido-Dyas (Sidious) ;)

Super BattleFisto
06-08-2002, 05:57 AM
A theory I have, by no means meant to be presented as thee correct, air tight solution.
Sifo-Dyas was a great Jedi who was turned to the dark side by a Sith master inside the Jedi Order. Calling himself Darth Sidious, he began dealing with corrupt forces like the Trade Federationvia hologram. Sometime before PM he began putting in place his master plan. First, he ordered the clone army using his real identity. Next , he faked his death. Lastly, he killed the amoral Sentor Palaptine (who he had been dealing with in his other identity of Darth Sidious) and ,using techological and mystical methods, altered his apearance and took his place.
This would answer some questions I had-
1) How did Palaptine come to be so skilled in the ways of the force?
2) Why use Sifos name? Wouldn't it be likely that the Kominons would check the ID out and discover what he looked like? If they weren't likely to check the ID, why bother using the name at all? Why not just use Mace or Yodas name?
3) Where have the Sith been hiding the last 2,000 years? The answer- in plain sight, inside the Jedi order itself.
4) Why would Dooku start not only working with some guy no ones ever heard of before, but call him master to boot?

Jedi Clint
06-08-2002, 12:14 PM
The character (who was not ANYONE we have seen in SW before) will probably not even be mentioned again. Dooku framed the Jedi for the creation of the clone army by using the slain Jedi Master Sifo Dyas' identity. The Jedi knew both Sifo and Palpatine existed at the same time. They are NOT the same person. Jar Jar posted a link in this topic to the AOTC forum topic about the same thing. In that topic I posted all the info necessary to deduce that Sifo Dyas was not a character we met before, and that it was probably Dooku who used the identity to frame the Jedi. Give it a read.

2-1B
06-08-2002, 12:21 PM
In addition to that, we don't know that Sifo-Dyas was actually on the Council - I think that was part of the lie, too. I get the impression from Obi-Wan that he was killed after TPM, ". . . was killed almost ten years ago." I agree that it doesn't really matter how he died since what's at issue is the scapegoating of the Jedi. :)

Laserbrain
06-08-2002, 05:28 PM
You guys are all basing your Sifo-Dyas theories on a lie (Dooku lies about his identity, Sidious lies, ect.). GL does not lie to his audience, that's why he keeps going back to the episode 4-6 and adding little bits of information. If Sifo-Dyas dies ten years ago, he did so. If it is established that Dyas put in an order for a clone army, he did so. It is yet a mystery why a reputable Jedi Master would do such a thing which inherently canít be good for the galaxy. He was preparing for war, expecting Jedi to lead a force of manufactured soldiers. Hardly the benign kind of thing one would expect a Jedi Master to do.

Take a little foreshadowing from Episode 1 when Mace refers to the occurrence of Darth Maul as "the mystery of the Sith". The emergence of the Dark Side is the only plot point established as a mystery (from the character's point of view), not the identity of Sifo-Dyas, Dooku, or anyone else, those facts are not the mystery. Count Dooku was still a Jedi in good standing when Dyas died, then he left the Jedi Order later to become one of the "Lost Twenty" and ended up as Darth Tyrannus, that is established. He went bad after he left.

The mystery is about how the Sith came into enough power to challenge the Jedi. The manufacture of the clone army has been established as entirely a Sith affair. The clone army was created with two points in mind, one that they must be able to fight droids, and two, Jedi should be able to lead them. The clones were created specifically to combat the droid army of the Confederacy. Thatís the reason the they wear their white armor according to the official website, to allow the clones to have reasonable resistance to damage and the ability to waltz through energy shields like the droids did in E1. The Jedi can lead an army of droids but droids are not alive and if pressed to choose, the Jedi would rather lead clones. That was mentioned in the novelization.

So, if "General" (an honorary rank given to the Jedi by the clones) Sifo-Dyas had foreseen a reason to throw away all that he had learned in the Jedi Order and raise an army in preparation for a war that had not even started yet, does that mean he was good or bad? When Yoda says "the Dark Side clouds everything," it means he cannot see bad things in the future, he only knows that something bad is going to happen. Only the Sith can see this dark future clearly enough to plan for it.

Therefore, Sifo-Dyas must be a Sith Master. Somebody had to train Darth Maul how to use his lightsaber, train Palpatine how to use the Dark Side, and get into the Jedi Library and erase those records. According to my logic, Dyas is the earliest occurrence of the Dark Side, therefore when all probability is eliminated, the improbable must be true.

Jedi Clint
06-08-2002, 05:50 PM
Dooku/Darth Tyranus recruited Jango Fett as the template of the clone army. He was involved in the creation of the clone army from the beginning. Jedi Master Sifo-Dyas was murdered ten years before Obi Wan traveled to Kamino. Dooku could have (and probably did) erase the record of Kamino from the archives after he killed Sifo-Dyas, and used his identity to order the clone army on Kamino.

2-1B
06-08-2002, 06:13 PM
"I don't know where you get your delusions, laserbrain." :p

How has it been established that Dyas himself put in the order?
GL didn't lie about an identity, Dooku did. You highlight the lies of Dooku, doesn't it make sense (especially in light of Dooku's recruitment of Jango as mentioned by Clint) that he lied to the Kaminoans about being Dyas? :confused:

Laserbrain
06-08-2002, 08:50 PM
Dooku/Darth Tyranus recruited Jango Fett as the template of the clone army. He was involved in the creation of the clone army from the beginning.

Jango was recruited some years after the order was put in. Sifo-Dyas dies, then it takes a little while for Sidious to pick up then contuinue the Sith Lord's ultimate plan. Dooku was still a relative good guy at the time Dyas was killed and the clones were ordered. The Count came in only after Darth Maul was killed.

This evidence is entirely circumstantial, but it's all hinged on the fact that a character has never directly lied about his identity. To do that would be the same as lying to us, the audience, and pulling the rug out from under our feet. People rejected ESB back in '83 because they felt that they had been lied to, and GL's not going to do that again. The decision to add the "I am your father" wrinkle made casual audiences dismiss Star Wars as a fluke, much like TPM did to us fans with all it's symbolic imagery.....and Jar Jar....

The truth this time around will be the most unlikely option, just as unlikely as Hader (HAH! Vader...Hayden *snicker*) is actually Luke's father. Notice that Vader never said that "I am not Anakin Skywalker."

I don't know where you get your delusions, laserbrain."

HAHA! Been waitin' for somebody to say that ;D

How has it been established that Dyas himself put in the order?

Because the Kaminoan dude said so...

GL didn't lie about an identity, Dooku did. You highlight the lies of Dooku, doesn't it make sense (especially in light of Dooku's recruitment of Jango as mentioned by Clint) that he lied to the Kaminoans about being Dyas?

When did Dooku lie? I've been talking about how all the theories I've read so far have Dooku lying about being Dyas. Did the Count ever say "oh, why no, I am not Tyrannus, why do you ask?" then at the end of the film it's revealed that he really is? It parallels Anakin and Vader. Now it could be argued with this line of reasoning just because the Count doesn't say didn't lie about being Sifo-Dyas that he really did lie and put in the order, but there would have been some detail at the least or Dooku would have revealed that he killed Dyas and took his identity just to urk the Jedi.

Besides, it wouldn't have been all that dramatic of a relavation. Any thing a Sith will do must have a huge dramatic impact, otherwise they wouldn't be the great villains that they are. Any relavation will have to be on par as that of "I am your father" and a scene were Count Dooku says "I killed Sifo-Dyas and took his identity," almost the same line as a casual veiwer would have expected Vader to say in ESB, wouldn't have the same impact.

Never has GL had a character directly lie about his identity like that. Such things are always implied or simply not alluded to. In Dooku's speech to Obi-Wan he told certain truths, as all master manipulators do. Usually the characters in the movie never imagine what is actually true.

I'm looking at establishment and foreshadowing in the movies and linking it all together. It may not be correct or true at all, but sometimes I get in the mood to write about it ;)

2-1B
06-08-2002, 08:57 PM
Are you serious? Palpatine has been "lying" about being a Sith Lord for 2 films now . . .

And why would an order be placed for a Clone Army without a donor?

--"Such things are always implied"--
Then why reject the implication that Dooku placed the order? :crazed:

:confused:

:rolleyes:

Laserbrain
06-08-2002, 09:08 PM
Are you serious? Palpatine has been "lying" about being a Sith Lord for 2 films now . . .

Did he ever say "I am not a Sith Master, I'm just a humble politican?" That's now I'm linking it all together.

And why would an order be placed for a Clone Army without a donor?

Well, I have a theory about that too but it's too big to get into here. This thread is bad enough ;) It was however suggested that the order was a long-term commitment...but we shall see...

--"Such things are always implied"--
Then why reject the implication that Dooku placed the order?

Because Dooku doesn't lie. He wasn't shy about throwing his Sith Lord name when he recruited Jango. How could he have switched identity in front of the Kaminoians and Jango like that?

"Oh, BTW, I'm not really Sifo-Dyas, you can call me Tyrannus."

They would have kicked him out on his ear, alerted the Republic, and the clones would have never had been made...

2-1B
06-08-2002, 09:25 PM
So he wasn't lying when he assured Obers there were no Bounty Hunters on Geonosis? :confused?

When Palps gives his speech on how he will lay down power and that he loves democracy, yeah I'd say that equates with --"I am not a Sith Master, I'm just a humble politican?"--

I find it odd that you would accept without question "the Kaminoan dude's" belief that Dyas really placed the order.

Yoda declared that lies/deceit/mistrust are the ways of Dooku . . .

With all due respect I find your theory far-fetched. :)

Beast
06-08-2002, 09:34 PM
Gotta agree with Caesar. Sidious/Palpy (whether one in the same, or clones...it doesn't matter) knows everything that is going on, he's the puppetmaster in these movies, he's manipulated Dooku even, since Dooku in Sidious' eyes, is just a quicker way to advance his plot. Remeber the comment from the Emporer in ROTJ: "It was I that allowed the allience to know the location of the shield generator....etc.", we know from that he is a highly intelligent and manipulative SOB. :)

As for Dooku, he knows almost as much as Sidious. After all, he's been working with him for about 10 years. One of the reasons behind Dooku siding with the Sepratists, is so Sidious will know who is on his side, and draw them out so the aquired Clone Army can destroy them. Not to mention the fact that this is all going to be massivly financially destructive to their coorperations and planets. Dooku posed at Sifo-Dyas, Dooku erased the records of Kamino, all while working for Sidious. BTW, Dooku used the dead Jedi Master's name, so as to spread mistrust, that the Jedi's were building an army up, without the Senate or Palpy's knowledge. So he can use it against them, in Episode III. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Laserbrain
06-08-2002, 10:32 PM
So he wasn't lying when he assured Obers there were no Bounty Hunters on Geonosis? :confused?

When was that? Bounty hunters can hang around all they want until someone hires them for a job to take someone down.

When Palps gives his speech on how he will lay down power and that he loves democracy, yeah I'd say that equates with --"I am not a Sith Master, I'm just a humble politican?"--

That was Senator Palpatine speaking, not Sidious, therefore not a lie. Obi-Wan was specific to point out the duality of a person when they fall to the Dark Side.

But dude, is the look on his face is priceless, or what?

I find it odd that you would accept without question "the Kaminoan dude's" belief that Dyas really placed the order.

We have to except exposition as it is handed to us otherwise we'll never understand TPM or E3. This is the effect of ESB on us fans I was talking about, right now we aren't excepting anything at face value (except everything in TPM but that's another topic). The difference now with this trilogy, is that all the information will be laid out and the answer will be right under our noses, and BAM it'll hit us like a rock....

Laserbrain
06-08-2002, 11:34 PM
Wait a damn minute....

I've been reading the script I found online, that's why I've been such an active poster today. I think this scene may have been cut short or reworded in the movie. Can someone confirm? Allow me to quote:

OBI-WAN (V.O.)
...I've never heard of a Jedi
called Sido-Dyas, have you, Master?

MACE WINDU
No. Whoever placed that order was
not a Jedi, I can assure you.

OBI-WAN (V.O.)
I have a strong feeling that this
bounty hunter is the assassin
we're looking for.

YODA
Who he is working for... discover
that, you must.

OBI-WAN (V.O.)
I will, Master, and I will also
find out more about this clone
army... May The Force...

The hologram switches off, and OBI-WAN fades away.

WINDU
A clone army! Ordered by someone
in the Senate perhaps... Someone's
out to start a war.

YODA
Inform the chancellor of this, we
must.

WINDU
Who do you think this impostor
Sido-Dyas, could be?

YODA stares back at MACE WINDU, then slowly shakes his head

It's my mistake for reading all the misrepresented information on the boards. Appearently it's spelled with a "d" and no one has ever heard of this guy before. My entire theory was built on Dyas' good name, but it turns out he never really existed. So yeah, to cut all speculation short, it's clearly a respelling of Sidious....

Beast
06-08-2002, 11:40 PM
That's the original production script, but not the final finished film's script. Things were changed and altered as filming progressed. Like the name change from Sido-Dyas to Sifo-Dyas. And making him a well known, dead Jedi Master. Remeber, that book was printed at the same time the movie was being made, so there are bound to be changes. Just like the fact the original ROTJ script and novel say that Obi-Wan and Owen are brothers. The only thing that is official canon, is what appears in the movies. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Laserbrain
06-09-2002, 12:00 AM
[cut]

Thanks for the info! I'll have to buy the book to get the facts striaght now....and see the movie again...and get the VHS and the DVD....*sigh*

Jedi Clint
06-09-2002, 01:18 AM
You don't have to buy the book just for the Sifo info. Buy it because it is a first edition hard cover Star Wars novel ;).

Here are the majority of the Sifo references from the AOTC novel.

"The name, known to Obi Wan as that of a former Jedi Master,"
"If it was indeed Sifo-Dyas that commissioned an army of clones, then why hadn't Master Yoda or any of the others said anything about it?" Sifo-Dyas had been a powerful Jedi before his untimely death, but would he have acted alone on an issue as important as this?"
"The units you will soon see on the parade ground we started 10 years ago, when Sifo-Dyas first placed the order, and they are mature and quite ready for duty."
"A bounty hunter named Jagno Fett," Lama Su offered without any hesitation. "We felt that a Jedi would be the perfect choice, but Sifo-Dyas hand picked Jango himself."
"Sifo-Dyas explained to us the Jedi aversion to leading droids. He told us Jedi could only lead an army of life-forms."
"He took a deep breath, wondering how Sifo-Dyas, how any Jedi, could have so willingly and unilaterly crossed the line to create any army of clones."
"Sifo-Dyas. Isn't he the one who hired you for this job?"
"Never heard of him," Jango replied, and if there was a lie in his words, Obi Wan could not detect it.
"I was recruited by a man called Tyranus on one of the moons of Bogden."
"Yes Master, they say Master Sifo-Dyas placed the order for the clone army almost ten years ago. I was under the impression he was killed before that. Did the council ever authorize the creation of a clone army?"
"No", Mace answered without hesitation, and without even looking to Yoda for confirmation. "Whoever placed that order did not have the permission of the Jedi Council."
"A clone army," Mace remarked, alone with Yoda once again, the hologram gone. Why would Sifo-Dyas........"
"When placed this order was, may provide insight,"

Don't let this stop you from going to see the flick again or buying the DVD, and if you insist on continuing to acquire VHS tapes....I suppose AOTC wouldn't be the worst one to purchase. :p

Laserbrain
06-09-2002, 03:50 AM
Well, I don't have a DVD player anyway....

Thanks for the quotes Clint! Generally, a Jedi who "crosses the line" gets sucked into the Dark Side, ya know? Makes sense to me, anyway.

Meanwhile, I should really get some sleep...

bigbarada
06-09-2002, 03:55 AM
Just a question for something that doesn't directly relate to Sifo-Dyas but has been mentioned several times.

Did Dooku know about the Clone Army? In the movie he appeared to be surprised that they existed. Either that or he was just surprised that they were under the control of the Jedi.

Beast
06-09-2002, 04:11 AM
Originally posted by bigbarada
Just a question for something that doesn't directly relate to Sifo-Dyas but has been mentioned several times.

Did Dooku know about the Clone Army? In the movie he appeared to be surprised that they existed. Either that or he was just surprised that they were under the control of the Jedi.
Yes, he knew about them. Knowing Sidious, he would never do the dirty work himself, and we know that Jango says to Obi-Wan that he was hired by a man named Tyranus, which is Count Dooku's sith name. Dooku was just pretending so that the suckers, errrrr...I mean sepratists, didn't catch on. Remeber, pretty much all of what Dooku told Kenobi is true, including the part about Nute Gunray coming and telling him about the Sith Lord that played him for a sucker.

Little did he know, that he would get played for a sucker, by the same person he came to. And he obviously knew from his last words of the movie, "The war has begun", or somthing like that. Sidious and Dooku were just playing both sides of the coin, so that they could eliminate and financially destroy the people and goverments that didn't support Palpy, and discredit the Jedi. Since, it was a frame-up so the Jedi's look guilty of ordering the clones, without approval of the Chancellor and Senate. And now they are going to be watching the senate closer, technically spying. As I said, all this is gonna bite the Jedi's on the rear in E3, most likely. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

bigbarada
06-09-2002, 09:40 AM
I totally forgot about Jango's Tyrannus reference.:o But it does make sense that Dooku was acting for the sake of the Separatists.

Jedi Clint
06-09-2002, 06:37 PM
I love Dooku's revelation to Obi Wan because Kenobi didn't buy a word of it even though it was true. He was playin' the Confederacy leaders like a harp.

Laserbrain,

I thought maybe you had a DVD player, but wanted the VHS tape anyway......sorry. Kenobi couldn't believe that any Jedi would cross the line. In a way, he was right. Dooku was no longer a Jedi when he impersonated Sifo on Kamino.

Darth Lizard King
09-10-2002, 06:12 PM
Ever since TPM, I have been convinced that Palp and Sidious were not the same person. After AOTC, I have bent a little and assumed that yes, they probably are. There's only one problem....

Let's say that you buy the theory that Sifo Dyas and Sidious are one in the same, that he was a Jedi on the Council, and faked his own death, becoming Sidious. (Remember, none of the Jedi have seen him yet, so imagine them coming face-to-face with him and saying: "Sifo Dyas!"

Now, if this is true, then how could Sidious also play double-duty by being a Naboo senator? There just isn't enough for him to be around. My assumption is that Sifo Dyas had himself cloned a year ago, into Palpatine, and thus set his plan in motion. One of them (Sidious or Palpatine) will not survive the prequel trilogy, if in fact they are different. Either Palpatine lives, assumes the mantel from Sidious and later becomes a Sith, or more likely, Sidious survives and takes the name of Palpatine.

The flaw is that if Dyas/Palpatine are the same, and did in fact serve on the council, why don't any of the Jedi recognize Palpatine as looking the same? Remember, we have not seen what the top of the head and face of Sidious looks like, so maybe there's a surprise under there.

sith_killer_99
09-10-2002, 10:32 PM
:confused: :rolleyes:

Sifo Dyas is NOT Palpatine or Darth Sidious.

Darth Sidious IS Senator/Chancelor/Emperor Palpatine. The same way the Darth Vader is Anakin Skywalker.

Dark Knight
09-10-2002, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by Darth Lizard King
Ever since TPM, I have been convinced that Palp and Sidious were not the same person. After AOTC, I have bent a little and assumed that yes, they probably are. There's only one problem....

Let's say that you buy the theory that Sifo Dyas and Sidious are one in the same, that he was a Jedi on the Council, and faked his own death, becoming Sidious. (Remember, none of the Jedi have seen him yet, so imagine them coming face-to-face with him and saying: "Sifo Dyas!"

Now, if this is true, then how could Sidious also play double-duty by being a Naboo senator? There just isn't enough for him to be around. My assumption is that Sifo Dyas had himself cloned a year ago, into Palpatine, and thus set his plan in motion. One of them (Sidious or Palpatine) will not survive the prequel trilogy, if in fact they are different. Either Palpatine lives, assumes the mantel from Sidious and later becomes a Sith, or more likely, Sidious survives and takes the name of Palpatine.

The flaw is that if Dyas/Palpatine are the same, and did in fact serve on the council, why don't any of the Jedi recognize Palpatine as looking the same? Remember, we have not seen what the top of the head and face of Sidious looks like, so maybe there's a surprise under there.

Interesting theory. It could be a heck of an twist!
:) :D :evil:

Jedi Clint
09-10-2002, 11:32 PM
The topic this has been merged into contains ample evidence that Sifo-Dyas is a character that we have never seen in any SW movie.......ever.

The Overlord Returns
09-11-2002, 11:19 AM
I'm wondering if it's ever occured to anyone that Dooku may ACTUALLY be earnest in his attempt to flush out the Sith and cleanse the republic by sleeping with the enemy, so to speak?

mini-rock
09-15-2002, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by The Overlord Returns
I'm wondering if it's ever occured to anyone that Dooku may ACTUALLY be earnest in his attempt to flush out the Sith and cleanse the republic by sleeping with the enemy, so to speak?

I've thought about that. That would explain that look on his face after he cut off Anakin's arm, but still he didn't hesitate to fight his fromer master either.

I've also thought about what if Sideous WAS Sifo-Dyas (thats another reason we do not see his face) and he was apprentice to Palpatine? The Jedi assume that there are only two, but could be wrong. I don't know, thinking about this is giving me a headache.

Dark Lord Kakorotto
09-29-2002, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by chris
plus, Yareal Poof wasn't a Kaminoan, he was a Querian. According to the comics, he was assassinated by Zam Wesell before E2

Yareal Poof is dead????!!!!!!! He was awesome! Inform of what comic this in.

Darth Vellner
11-01-2002, 12:50 PM
Who is Sifo-Dyas..............?

........... > DARTH MAUL !!!!?

...Hmmmmmmmm............

Just think about that for a while.......................................
(They Both died at about the same time "10 yrs ago")

The Overlord Returns
11-01-2002, 01:06 PM
erm........no.

Beast
11-01-2002, 01:10 PM
No, Darth Maul is not Sifo Dyas. Sifo Dyas died before the events of Episode I. Plus Sifo-Dyas was a well known Jedi Master. I'm sure that if that were so, Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan would have recognized him. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

The Overlord Returns
11-01-2002, 01:22 PM
Although, a throaway line could be added into ep 1...

Obi Wan: Who was he Master?

Qui Gon: I don't know, but he bears an uncanny resemblance to Master Sifo - Dyas, don't you agree?

Captain Trips
11-01-2002, 01:56 PM
I realize that this would be a "non-canon" explanation, but in the new SW Insider there was a write up of the new PS2 game Bounty Hunter. The article mentions that in the course of the game's back story, it is revealed that Dooku is indeed Sifo-Dyas.

sith_killer_99
11-01-2002, 02:09 PM
:rolleyes:

JEDIpartner
11-01-2002, 03:37 PM
I know Obi-Wan said he died... but then again, he said Anakin was "killed". You know how he has a way of talking in circles.

The Overlord Returns
11-01-2002, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
I know Obi-Wan said he died... but then again, he said Anakin was "killed". You know how he has a way of talking in circles.

I'm pretty sure Obi Wan doesn't come to his "From a certain point of view" philosophy until later in life......

JEDIpartner
11-03-2002, 02:42 PM
Perhaps, but one never knows until it is revealed. Ehhhh... George will probably never mention Sifo-Dyas again. He has a way of dropping the ball on so many things.