PDA

View Full Version : Where did you get your avatar, and why did you choose it?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Jason B
06-06-2002, 01:16 PM
Similar to the sig thread, why do you have the avatar that you do?

I'll start off. I have mine becuase my in-game name in SoF Multiplayer is an Ugly SOB, and that's the head of the skin that I use. :)

billfremore
06-06-2002, 01:25 PM
I got mine from Ralph McQuarrie's concept designs for Darth Vader.

I love Vader and wanted something different

Jonna
06-06-2002, 01:37 PM
Seriously, my skin and eyes are really this colour!

QLD
06-06-2002, 01:41 PM
Well......I got the picture from spaceballs, because well, anything else more revealing, and JT will kick my butt.

bigbarada
06-06-2002, 01:45 PM
Well, the history of my avatar goes back a long way. It all started when I was only five and.....

Okay, I just picked it cuz it matched my name and yes I know that TECHNICALLY the character in my pic is Kithaba; but I still try not to subscribe to the EU names and still call all members of this race "Baradas." So there!:p

Forhekset
06-06-2002, 03:07 PM
My avatar is a Stormy featured in the original box art for the Dark Forces game. The "Hey! You there!" text is a dumb inside joke from the jediknightii.net forums.

JediTricks
06-06-2002, 07:15 PM
Hmm, wow, where could I have gotten MY avatar? ;)

www.geocities.com/jeditricks/jt.htm

Dryanta
06-06-2002, 07:18 PM
BigB gave me mine.Photo from a family reunion he said. ;)
EJ is going to make me new one when he gets a few minutes.

LTBasker
06-06-2002, 07:39 PM
I got mine from Star Wars and Star Trek fanfics I was doing and originally it was a Stormtrooper helmet but because of E2 I changed it to a Clone Trooper helmet. Not too mention I just thought it was a frickin cool looking way to show off my love for SW and ST. :cool:

JediTricks
06-06-2002, 08:56 PM
Heh, I didn't even notice the helmet change Basker - I'm lame! :D (of course, I surf with images off, so I rarely see your avatar unless I load it on purpose.)

bigbarada
06-06-2002, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by Dryanta
BigB gave me mine.Photo from a family reunion he said. ;)
EJ is going to make me new one when he gets a few minutes.

Hehe! That's not far from the truth.:D

What kind of avatar is EJ making you? Or is it a surprise?

Beast
06-06-2002, 10:48 PM
My current avatar is Senator Jar Jar Binks from AOTC's. Many thanks to Caeser who supplied the scans of the card it's taken from. And to LTBasker, for helping me crop it and give it a new background. Thanks guys. And I am pretty sure from my user name you can guess why I picked it. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Dar' Argol
06-06-2002, 11:10 PM
Well, lets see. The first one I had was an AIM icon of Qui-Gon and Maul fighting. Then I got a GIF one of Obi and Vader fighting. Then I went with Eeth Koth(cause I like the character). But I was looking for something SW related but original. I know haw many ppl out here hate EU(I love it) so I went and shot a pic of my Luke in Imperial Guard Disguise from SOTE and cropped it down. Unless I find another fig I really love, I think I'm gonna stick with this one for a while. Besides, how many ppl have <------ that for a Av??? You know its me!!!:D

JetsAndHeels
06-07-2002, 12:18 AM
I used mine because its, um, Jango.
Caesar helped me out with my avatars.

scruffziller
06-07-2002, 01:04 AM
My first avatar was that of R5D4, I've always somewhat identified myself with that droid, because I've had a rough life and have battled depression and my "motivation" has always been broke and have fallen apart. My second one is that of Anikin as a boy but put into percpective of his future. Plus like the quote at the bottom gives refeference to how I thought of it. My name is a combo of two things but all, my appearance. I worked at a grocery store where it is not allowed to wear facial hair. My facial hair does not really come in thick at all so sometimes I wouldn't shave, but it would look somewhat "scruffy". I am a big guy, and the guys started to call me slabzilla because I have a big gut and it was a big slab of fat and I was big like Godzilla, so with all that combined it became SCRUFFZILLER.

Deoxyribonucleic
06-07-2002, 02:26 AM
Originally posted by Jonna
Seriously, my skin and eyes are really this colour!

what about your lips??? :)

Jonna
06-07-2002, 02:10 PM
I's all natural baby!!!

Dryanta
06-07-2002, 02:21 PM
The new one is wookie avatar.Last time I talked to him He called me "grizzly dude" So I think it'll be a surprise and really cool at the same time. He's a good guy.Don't let him fool you.
correction,after that comment he WAS making me a avatar. lol

r2dee2
06-07-2002, 10:38 PM
When I was finally able to have my own personlaized icon, I got myself a gif construction kit and made my own :kiss:

2-1B
06-08-2002, 12:51 PM
This cute little Rick McCallum Star Park avatar comes courtesy of Jargo. It features Rick the Naboo Aristocrat from TPM. In making it for me, Jargo described it as from the 'scene where Rick is mugging for me camera' and I just chuckle at that description. Go back and rewatch that scene, you'll understand exactly how funny the little smile on the avatar is! :D
Thanks! :)

I do like to bounce around and use different images from time to time, but this is my favorite. I can copy, cut, crop, and paste like a madman, but beyond that I'm pretty ignorant on avatar construction. Forhekset, I wouldn't even know how to insert text the way your avatar has it. :crazed:

master jedi
06-08-2002, 02:52 PM
I just found a pic of a muscular(sp?) Yoda some guy made, cut the stuff I didn't want and resized it. I added the U.S. flag because of 9/11.

Exhaust Port
06-08-2002, 03:50 PM
The picture matches the name. The name came about because, well, I don't have much of an imagination and that's the first thing that came to me.

Jargo
06-08-2002, 04:18 PM
I really should stay away from threads like this because my avatar changes so often the posts about them seem silly after a week or so. But, currently I'm using a combi of Palps and Sly moore with a trio of royal guards behind. I got bored of just using one person in the avatar so I tried combining some to show famous partnerships. But Palps and Sly are a little devoid of colour and they looked odd side by side alone so I bunged in the guards. If the avatar setting wasn't just 75 pixels wide I'd do the five bounty hunters from ESB in a group like the McQuarrie production painting. I'm thinking of adding bodies to some of the avatars I've already done to make them more interesting. The avatar for Dryanta is in the works but proving frustratingly difficult to do for something so simple. In time I will complete it, I swear.

Currently I have created around 350-ish of these star park avatars. There's still loads I want to attempt. Some turn out better than others. But the best thing is seeing how many folk have adopted them here. That's so frickin' cool! Gives me the biggest buzz. :happy: :) :D

Forhekset
06-08-2002, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by Caesar
I do like to bounce around and use different images from time to time, but this is my favorite. I can copy, cut, crop, and paste like a madman, but beyond that I'm pretty ignorant on avatar construction. Forhekset, I wouldn't even know how to insert text the way your avatar has it. :crazed:

Pretty easy, after scanning in the cover to my DF cd and doing some quick resizing/editing, I just added a white strip at the bottom of the image and typed in my text. :)

187-Maul
06-09-2002, 07:57 AM
wel I found this pic on some site where someone had made a costum from it and the pic looke really cool so I just cut some stuff away and only took the pic of the head and there it was

bandontherun
06-09-2002, 11:57 AM
The reason I chose this icon is because it moved and looked cool.

BTW, sorry I was gone for a while, I lost the link!:(

Darth Cruel
06-15-2002, 10:55 AM
Mine came to me compliments of a Canadian friend. Thanks RYT.

Jedi Juice
06-30-2002, 11:40 PM
Well, I like bunnies and this particular bunny caught my eye, so I decided to keep it.

SWAFMAN
06-30-2002, 11:43 PM
<---- it just seemed a logical choice. Did it with paintbrush, before I got photoshop

mabudonicus
07-01-2002, 02:41 AM
Mine rules now... what is it????

Jargo
07-01-2002, 06:30 AM
Looks like the chest and shoulder of 2-1B colorised with a sepia tone. I don't know - what is it? :)

Forhekset
07-01-2002, 08:46 AM
Hmm...I changed my avatar, so now my previous posts don't make any sense. Well, this one now is Gats from Berserk.

DeadEye
07-01-2002, 09:33 AM
Mine is...pretty obvious. Anakin/wannabe John Rassick. :D

mabudonicus
07-01-2002, 10:20 AM
Okay, OKAY..... Jargo, if you look in ssgs pic archive.. (I can't BELIEVE somebody got it right off) it's (MAN!!) 21b's shoulder and chest from the trilogo, potf card. It was supposed to take a day or two, jeeeesh :)!!! Good call Jargo, and no, he ain't tinted, he just looked that way. *puts his toys away and stomps off dejected* "I'm FINE!!!! WHAT?!?"

Jonna
07-01-2002, 11:22 AM
Who is your daddy and what does he do?

Those who know where my avatar comes from KNOW. Those who do not DON'T. It is a small section of another picture which I can not post because it might upset someone.

187-Maul
07-01-2002, 02:57 PM
well ichanged mione now to darth maul and it's actually the big picture of him sitting on his sithspeeder with the probe droid at the side of him
chose it because of my name :)

anarky
07-01-2002, 03:20 PM
Those who know where my avatar comes from KNOW. Those who do not DON'T. It is a small section of another picture which I can not post because it might upset someone.

sadly enough, it makes me think of the kittens

i chose mine because emperor jargo has yet to design an animated logo of johnny cash shooting a man in reno just to watch him die--and because it looks the most like the batman character for whom i chose my name

and--as the ever-astute eternal padawan noted--it is the face of a true unsung hero of star wars

DeadEye
07-01-2002, 05:42 PM
What's your obsession with kittens? :p

Jonna
07-01-2002, 05:53 PM
Its not really about his obsession with Kittens; it's the guilt that he has to live with over what he does with them.

SWAFMAN
07-01-2002, 05:58 PM
If you recognize it instantly,you like SWAF WAY TOO MUCH:)
....if you look in ssgs pic archive...it's 21b's shoulder

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

mabudon, do you know how long I spent looking at every millimeter of every Star Wars Action Fleet box I own?????????

darthvyn
07-01-2002, 07:55 PM
well, i thought the maul's eyes was the coolest newbie avatar, and when i got around to enough posts i figured i should stick with something familiar... so i turned him blue. i had a girlfriend who was obsessed with the idea of being a sith with a blue lightsaber, and blue hair and i always thought that was cool... blue is the best color.

Mike Troxell
07-01-2002, 08:33 PM
I used to have Nien Nunb--first the smiley and then Jargo's great StarPark avatar. Nien Nunb is the funniest looking and sounding thing ever. I always find him humorous for some reason.

I just changed it to an avatar I made for my favorite musician, Badly Drawn Boy. I made it in Paint for XP. I am not too good at such things. I think I'll eventually start making a buttload of icons and rotating them.

Jason B
07-01-2002, 09:57 PM
Its not really about his obsession with Kittens; it's the guilt that he has to live with over what he does with them.

I know what it is, what are those creatures called? someone created a reply to the kitten one. I'll see if i can find it. :)

Jedi Juice
07-01-2002, 10:34 PM
I have no clue what that is.... something with a hole?

DeadEye
07-01-2002, 11:46 PM
I have no idea what's going on. :confused:

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
07-02-2002, 01:06 AM
My avatar is concept Yoda.

187-Maul
07-02-2002, 05:46 PM
and man am I glad it stayed a concept:D
image that guy jumping around with a lightsaber:p

scruffziller
07-02-2002, 05:55 PM
Now I have Eminem as my Avatar, because I stand up when the "real Slim Shady" is asked to.

Darth Shifty
07-02-2002, 06:14 PM
My avatar is this month's cover of Mad magazine. It has the quote from the teaser poster on it - but I couldn't get it large enough to read. "A jedi shall not know anger, nor hatred, nor love" Droooooooop.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
07-03-2002, 06:03 AM
Originally posted by 187-Maul
and man am I glad it stayed a concept:D
image that guy jumping around with a lightsaber:p

Here's Concept Yoda's whole "anatomy"
http://starwars.com/databank/character/yoda/index_bts.html

I can't possibly see this guy wielding a lightsaber.

Jonna
07-05-2002, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by Hasbro'sBountyHunter

Here's Concept Yoda's whole "anatomy"
http://starwars.com/databank/character/yoda/index_bts.html

I can't possibly see this guy wielding a lightsaber.

HA! Looks like Papa Smirf as a garden Gnome.:stupid:

billfremore
07-05-2002, 11:14 AM

HA! Looks like Papa Smirf as a garden Gnome.:stupid:

Much you have smurfed Dooku.

Smurf leads to Smurf
Smurf leads to Smurf
Smurf leads to Smurfing

Smurf me by my size do you?

Luminscient Smurfs are we, not this crude smurf.

Man I could do this all day! :D

darthvyn
07-05-2002, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by Jason B

I know what it is, what are those creatures called? someone created a reply to the kitten one. I'll see if i can find it. :)

they are domokun, the mascot of some japanese tv station...

http://www.cardhouse.com/japan/domokun.htm

http://www.tinotopia.com/domokun.htm

http://www.pbase.com/image/2102930

Lobito
07-05-2002, 05:11 PM
I got my avatar from this site...i chose it cuzz i just like the way it looks, i've never changed it so far.

Wooooof
07-06-2002, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by Jedi Juice
Well, I like bunnies and this particular bunny caught my eye, so I decided to keep it.

Same here!:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Dar' Argol
07-07-2002, 12:22 AM
Well, mine just changed, sorta. Its still the same Av, its just I re-cropped the original picture I took, and did some "modifications" to it. And since most ppl change their Av's on a regular basis, It might be a good idea to post them with your description:D. So here:

Lone Jedi
07-08-2002, 02:29 AM
Well, I'm a big fan of the original Mega Man video games for nintendo. I have pictures of all the robot masters, and I always thought Napalm Man was one of the coolest looking bad guys.

Jonna
07-10-2002, 01:29 PM
My new one is John Crichton from Farscape. I figured that it was time to change my avatar and we both have the loony smart@ss thing happening.

BanthaPoodoo
07-10-2002, 01:51 PM
I chose my avatar because I liked the EI part where Sebulba went "bantha poodo, heh heh heh"

I made mine with Paint Shop Pro 6.02 & Animation Shop.

I knew I wanted to have a unique avatar so I did a search on google for Sebulba. Once I found the image (it came off of his card from a card game) I took off the border & other unnecessary parts of the image. I then took the lasso tool & cut around his head. I then just moved it up & down a few times & saved out each image. The original was a fairly nice size, so there isnt much detail in the avatar at left. I have included the avatar that I use at another forum (yep same one) as it is a little bigger. Stupidly I deleted my original file, so I would have to create it again if I ever want to make it bigger.

http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/~team-lightspeed/board/avatar.php3?userid=600&dateline=1019762957

Darth Nitwit
07-11-2002, 05:11 PM
I can't wait till I can put my own up. I am going to put a picture of my cat up. Her name is Nitwit. She's a complete spaz!

Jedi Knightrider
07-11-2002, 05:14 PM
I can't wait to hit 75. It's all about David Hasselhoff and KITT from then on!!!

Jonna
07-11-2002, 05:16 PM
Your quite obsessed with him; you know that right!?!

Jedi Knightrider
07-11-2002, 06:42 PM
Oh, I know. The question is, why are you in denial about how obsessed YOU are with him!!!

Everyone's going to want my David Hassel'tars!!!

Jargo
07-11-2002, 07:14 PM
I won't.

Beast
07-11-2002, 07:24 PM
I'll stick with my Jar Jar avatars, thanks anyways. :p :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

scruffziller
07-11-2002, 07:45 PM
Now I have a picture of Wayne Static since I think he should play Vegeta in the Dragonball Z movie.

Dar' Argol
07-11-2002, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by scruffziller
Now I have a picture of Wayne Static since I think he should play Vegeta in the Dragonball Z movie.

I thought that pic looked familiar:rolleyes:. Your right though, but I think he needs a more narrow face though, and more of a forehead;)

rynobot
07-11-2002, 10:54 PM
Found mine on a stores website and thought it was funny.

Jonna
07-16-2002, 11:12 PM
The new one is Howling Mad Murdock from the A Team. He has Ketchup, do you? I have a whole series of them.

Jedi Knightrider
07-17-2002, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
I won't.

Originally posted by JarJarBinks

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

AAAAHHHH, how the mighty have fallen! well, jargo fell, then he got a different one... but, he still had a great hassel'tar for a while there!!!

Beast
07-17-2002, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by Jedi Knightrider
AAAAHHHH, how the mighty have fallen! well, jargo fell, then he got a different one... but, he still had a great hassel'tar for a while there!!!
Yes, I feel so dirty for having been corrupted and assimilated by the Hassel'tars. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Deoxyribonucleic
07-17-2002, 06:44 PM

Yes, I feel so dirty for having been corrupted and assimilated by the Hassel'tars. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

I think that's the first time I've ever seen you without a JJB avatar!

Nexu
07-17-2002, 09:07 PM
Jargo doesn't have the Nexu avatar added to the defaults yet, so I'm using this one. :(

Thumb Wars
07-17-2002, 09:20 PM
this smiley that i am using looked the most like Hand Duet from Thumb Wars. so i picked this one until i can hit 75 posts. then there is a whole slew of Thumb Wars avatars coming out!!

InsaneJediGirl
07-17-2002, 09:35 PM
I picked Luminara off of www.padawansguide.com,because she kicks @$$:D I did have a Mara Jade one,but I got tired of her.

Thanks to DeadEye for making my Avatar:D :D :D :D

DeadEye
07-17-2002, 11:12 PM
Of course, you hot little Jedi! :D

Jonna
07-17-2002, 11:35 PM
Look at DeadEye flurting!

After everything that just occured, I have paranoia; do you?

DeadEye
07-17-2002, 11:39 PM
Yes, as a matter of fact I do! It's scary how you and I are alike! :D

Jacen Solo
07-18-2002, 04:54 PM
Got mine right here, and I use it cause its neato.

Pendo
07-18-2002, 04:59 PM
I got the picture for my avatar at starwars.com and just cropped it to size. I then written PENDO next to it.
I use Mace Windu on all the avatars I use because Sam Jackson is my favourite actor, and I also only use head shots because to have a full body shot it will only be a little tiny image.

PENDO!

Eternal Padawan
07-18-2002, 07:23 PM

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Eat those words! Yeah! Eat em!! :crazed: :crazed: :evil:

I like Jargo's Manimal Avatar. But billfremore's Automan takes the prize!

Jonna
07-18-2002, 09:08 PM
Alright, this is the last Murdock one that I am posting. I have a bunch more with different slogans, but I am quite bored of the whole thing already. And now for something completely different.......

Jonna
07-18-2002, 09:27 PM
Changed my mind already. It'sssssss Charlie the Owl from the New Zoo Revue!!!

mabudonicus
07-19-2002, 08:37 AM
I got mine from an image search on google, then added a lyric from the theme song and cropped it down with p-shop. Eternal Padawan knows what it is....

billfremore
07-19-2002, 09:02 AM
I know what it is too...

COYOTE!

QLD
07-19-2002, 11:08 AM
From the super cool tv show What's Happening!! ReRun ROCKS!

billfremore
07-19-2002, 11:13 AM
Hey, Hey, Hey!

What's happenin' Rog?

bandontherun
07-19-2002, 01:45 PM
I really want to have 75 posts soon. I need my own avatar. I'm suffocating with this one. I'm going to go change it, be back soon.

Oh yeah, originally had a 4-LOM one.

bandontherun
07-19-2002, 02:04 PM
I'm back! 25 posts to go before I get a new avatar, I really want a new avatar. I got me a Ponda Baba one because I like the figure.

Jacen Solo
07-19-2002, 02:07 PM
Patience young moisture farmer you're sounding alot like DeadEye

Nebulaz
07-19-2002, 02:14 PM
got bored in PS6 and created this.

Jacen Solo
07-19-2002, 02:18 PM
Cool! what is it?

Forhekset
07-19-2002, 06:35 PM
After seeing all the 80s avatars around here lately, I got nostalgic and whipped one up for myself real quick in Photoshop....

OH, YEAAHH!

QLD
07-19-2002, 06:48 PM
Bill! I love the batboy avatar!

Jedi Knightrider
07-19-2002, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by Forhekset
After seeing all the 80s avatars around here lately, I got nostalgic and whipped one up for myself real quick in Photoshop....

OH, YEAAHH!

That rocks!!!! This is awesome!

QLD
07-19-2002, 07:08 PM
And we owe it all you you Mr. Knight!

HAY HAY HAY!

Jedi Knightrider
07-19-2002, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by Quite-Long Dong
HAY HAY HAY!

you should totally add that to your sig line! only you've gotta get the inflection:

hay HAY HAY!!!

sith_killer_99
07-19-2002, 07:41 PM
Well, I guess mine is KINDA 80's?!?!

It's actually a scan of my vintage yoda.

Why? Because Yoda ROCKS!!!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-19-2002, 08:08 PM
I like the armchoppin' scene.

However I'm changing it soon so this will be nonsensical soon. :D

Rogue II
07-19-2002, 10:08 PM
I guess I'll follow suit with everyone else.

na-noo, na-noo

Nebulaz
07-19-2002, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by Jacen Solo
Cool! what is it?

mmmm couldnt tell you, maybe whats going on in Lucas's brain.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
07-20-2002, 01:01 AM
My new avatar is Mashi Maro.

Here's a profile I found about him:

Who is MashiMaro?
MashiMaro is the main character in the story of MashiMaro Forest. The name is derived from marshmallow since MashiMaro looks like one! However, MashiMaro is a twist on the name marshmallow. It sounds like how a baby would say marshmallow. MashiMaro...get it?

What does MashiMaro do?

He is a very interesting rabbit. He is sarcastic and negative about himself in order to hide the miserable and lonely self. He also acts outrageously in order to find his own significance. For this reason, some see either love or hatred in "MashiMaro". MashiMaro tends to be a representation of everyone in his own way....

There are 6 short online episodes about him. One episode has him plunging his toilet, hence my avatar.

jjreason
07-20-2002, 01:11 AM
I think maybe Marshi-Maro is trying to kill Mr. Henky.
I picked Prince because I love Prince. Simple. Oh and the whole "copy the cool kids" thing, too.....
QLD, I nearly peed when I saw Rerun.
Jedi KR, I nearly peed for real when you got the inflection right!

QLD
07-20-2002, 02:11 AM
Re Run is AWESOME!!!!!!!!

Almost as cool as LANDO!

darthvyn
07-20-2002, 03:23 AM
speaking of hay HAY HAY...

why hasn't anyone made a fat albert'ar yet?

that one would be:

hey HEY HEY!

darthvyn
07-20-2002, 07:11 PM
... and joinging the 80's fun, i have created the creme de la creme'tar!!! the dukes could out-drive KITT any day of the week. they didn't need any stupid turbo boost, just a couple of well placed ramps to jump over a cop car!!!

Rogue II
07-20-2002, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by darthvyn
... and joinging the 80's fun, i have created the creme de la creme'tar!!! the dukes could out-drive KITT any day of the week. they didn't need any stupid turbo boost, just a couple of well placed ramps to jump over a cop car!!!

And the General Lee is in 2 video games and KITT is in NONE.

I was thinking a while back. Some software company should release a game that has all of the cars from TV and Movies of the 70s and 80s. Think about it. KITT, General Lee, Smokey and the Bandit, A-Team Van, McGuyver's Jeep, Mork & Mindy's Jeep, Evil Kenivel on his bike, Klinger from MASH in full drag driving an Army Jeep...It would RULE!

darthvyn
07-20-2002, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by Rogue II

And the General Lee is in 2 video games and KITT is in NONE.

I was thinking a while back. Some software company should release a game that has all of the cars from TV and Movies of the 70s and 80s. Think about it. KITT, General Lee, Smokey and the Bandit, A-Team Van, McGuyver's Jeep, Mork & Mindy's Jeep, Evil Kenivel on his bike, Klinger from MASH in full drag driving an Army Jeep...It would RULE!

that would be awesome!!! it could have all kinds of different competitions, like demolition derby, jumping contests, obstacle course, and straight out races... that would be really cool.

The True Maul
07-20-2002, 09:02 PM
I chose mine because the simpsons are cool and I forgot where I got it!!!! :)

Rogue II
07-20-2002, 09:04 PM
Yeah, race circuits could include Hazard County, the Phoenix foundation, Korea, Colorado, Grand Canyon...

I almost forgot Clint Eastwood driving his Rig with his monkey in Every Which Way You Can.

sith_killer_99
07-20-2002, 09:33 PM
Don't forget about Starsky and Hutch!;)

Maybe a cop cycle from C.H.I.P.s!

Rogue II
07-20-2002, 09:35 PM
Good call. How about Fonzie on his bike?

darthvyn
07-20-2002, 09:43 PM
i think we just invented the best game EVER!!!

Rogue II
07-20-2002, 11:48 PM
i think we just invented the best game EVER!!!

Too bad neither of us are software programmers or have the rights to use any of those vehicles in a video game.:frus: We would have made MILLIONS!!!

sith_killer_99
07-21-2002, 11:17 AM
Yeah, MILLIONS.:cry:

Don't worry, someone will come up with a similar (watered down) version and we will all be kicking ourselves as we dish out $50.00 for the game.:rolleyes:

darthvyn
07-21-2002, 12:00 PM

Too bad neither of us are software programmers or have the rights to use any of those vehicles in a video game.:frus: We would have made MILLIONS!!!

how do you know i'm not???

(laughs on way to bank...)

WOOOOOHOOOOO!!!!:crazed:

just kidding. as cool as this game would be, could you imagine the legal problems of getting that many properties all in one thing? it would be a nightmare!!! the game would be a dream, though...

scruffziller
07-21-2002, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Dar' Argol

I thought that pic looked familiar:rolleyes:. Your right though, but I think he needs a more narrow face though, and more of a forehead;)
I agree, actually give Steven Segal the role with the same hair, that would be AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
07-21-2002, 11:27 PM
I finally have changed my avatar, almost one year after I registered onto the new site. But I knew I had to get on the boat with this 80's avatar craze sweeping the forum. So I finally figured out to make one.

For those who don't recognize my avatar it is the infamous "whammy" from the 80's CBS Game Show 'Press Your Luck' hosted by Western NY's own Peter Tomaarken. For those who don't remember or weren't around, Press Your Luck was one of the most exciting game shows ever to air. Here is a synopsis of the game:

Three challengers vie against each other to win the highest dollar total in cash and prizes. There are two rounds. At the beginning of each round the three players would answer simple trivia questions, earning spins to take to the big game board. After the question period was over, players would take their spins to the board. The board was a giant square made up of about 20 or so individual screens that featured either cash, trips, furniture, and other prizes. The screens would regularly alternate among three different items again either cash, trips etc. A series of flashing lights would skip around the board, rather quickly, highlighting a certain individual square. It was up to the player, when it was their turn, to stop the board by pressing down on a red plunger- like device in front of them. Whatever square those lights highlighted once a player stopped the board the player would win.

However, playing the game wasn't a breeze. Players had to contend with the dreaded whammy (see avatar). If a player landed on that square, a funny little animation sequence would occur with a cartoon whammy. It could be the whammy walking a dog, impersonating Elvis or some other cheesy gag. Then the player would lose all of their cash and prizes and go to $0. A player would be knocked out of the game if he/she got 4 whammies in the two rounds. If a player was content with their earnings or had a fear of the whammy, they could pass their spins to another player.

The player with the highest dollar total at the end of the two rounds would be declared the winner, would be the only player to keep their stash and they would be invited back to play the next day.

The whammy is what made the show exciting. The game could all change with one player hitting a whammy. Contestants would even were anti-whammy T-shirts, bring good luck charms, or a bottle of whammy repellent all in hopes of avoiding it. People could even write a little poem or saying to the show that would be read on the air by Peter at the end of the show.

The show ran on CBS from 1983-1986 but has been reincarnated this year. If you get the Game Show Network, you can catch Whammy! The All New Press Your Luck at 10 ET every weekday. It is hosted by Todd Newton of E! and Hollywood Challenge fame. The show isn't as good as the original but some areas have improved, like the double whammies.

The image was cribbed from a Press Your Luck fan home page.

scruffziller
07-22-2002, 04:11 AM
I like hango fett's new Padme avatar:D Now I know why they call you Hango:crazed:

scruffziller
07-22-2002, 04:46 AM
I have a second picture of Wayne this time around. I will post a comprahensive of all my 'tars, so it makes sense as I change them and as people read them. I'll have to get in on the 80's avatar craze here one of these days.

Jedi Knightrider
07-22-2002, 10:37 AM
LBC!!!! No whammies, no whammies, no whammies!!!!!

That's awesome!!!

Rogue II
07-22-2002, 11:06 AM
That show is still on the Game Show Network. They even updated it to 3D CGI Wammies.

mabudonicus
07-22-2002, 11:31 AM
Hey, that game you guys are talking about- ever play interstate 76? That game with the aforementioned cars would be really awesome.
Oh, and KITT IS in a game, Knight Rider for NES. It was crap, though, they would have been better off using the "spy hunter" engine, rather than some crummy "TURBO"/ "out run" wanna be..... Anyone here dig MAME, by the way??

billfremore
07-22-2002, 11:35 AM
hey MAME is awesome.
I stopped after a while because i got bored of beating the crap out of Exciting Hour.
Man I loved that game!

SWAFMAN
07-22-2002, 11:39 AM
I have a MAME program (mame32 by Soderstrom & Kirmse) and 100's of games (53MB of ROMs) for it. I had to back-off of using it, though. In order to play them like I used to on the real arcade games, I found I was being too hard on my keyboard. If I was really dedicated, I suppose I'd get a separate keyyboard just for banging on, to use when I did the MAME games. If you don't have it, and want the program and ROMs, I could probably find the website where I d/l'd it. My favorite game is called Rip-Off, it's sort of like the original Asteroids.

scruffziller
07-22-2002, 11:48 AM
I now have the symbol of the group Jamiroquai from their latest album A Funk Odyssey, because I am a huge fan.

Jonna
07-22-2002, 09:35 PM
I change my avatar to much to even be allowed in this thread. I'm just going to go and watch some farscape.

JON9000
07-23-2002, 11:07 AM
Got mine off a 2001: A Space Odyssey Website. I hope you are all aware of the perfect operational record of the 9000 series.

Rogue II
07-23-2002, 11:16 AM
My avitar with Mork & Mindy really started to bug me so I went back to my first avitar.

scruffziller
07-25-2002, 11:13 AM
Now here is my picture of Jason Kay himself, the man who IS Jamiroquai. They are a band who could not replace their lead singer.

billfremore
07-25-2002, 11:18 AM
My avatar is an ever changing thing so I guess it reflects my indecisiveness :p ;)

scruffziller
07-27-2002, 12:54 PM
Now on to the comedy GOD!!!!:D

QLD
07-27-2002, 12:57 PM
An Endor Rebel Soldier is a comedy God?

I got mine from the greatest NFL team EVER! The Atlanta Falcons!

scruffziller
07-27-2002, 01:06 PM
An Endor Rebel Soldier is a comedy God?

I got mine from the greatest NFL team EVER! The Atlanta Falcons!

NOPE!!! DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA BEARSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

QLD
07-27-2002, 01:10 PM
Nope. The Bears might be ok.

If their offensive line can block for Chandler, they might be ok. But their other Quarterback is a joke, and if they can't get their air game going, they won't be able to get the A-Train going. And the A-Train, who showed flashes of greatness last year, hasn't proven himself as a consistent performer yet.

But the Falcons play the Bears this year, my prediction, Falcons 28, Bears 10.

hango fett
07-27-2002, 02:07 PM
i got mine from the trailers. that is the best place to get them!
i got yoda avatars because YODA ROCKS!
hango

scruffziller
07-29-2002, 09:09 AM
Nope. The Bears might be ok.

If their offensive line can block for Chandler, they might be ok. But their other Quarterback is a joke, and if they can't get their air game going, they won't be able to get the A-Train going. And the A-Train, who showed flashes of greatness last year, hasn't proven himself as a consistent performer yet.

But the Falcons play the Bears this year, my prediction, Falcons 28, Bears 10.

'85 Bears all the way!!!!!!!!!! Okay enough of football.

JediTricks
07-29-2002, 10:47 PM
I like Thrawn's new avatar: http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/avatar.php?userid=9&dateline=1027663179

It makes me chuckle and make sound effects, I can't stop giggling when I see it.

scruffziller
08-02-2002, 11:49 AM
Okay now I have the ever famous lower part of Vader's mask. I seen that I had to put it on here.

scruffziller
08-08-2002, 12:08 PM
And now one for the original Mack Daddy!!! Arnold!!!

darthvyn
08-08-2002, 04:08 PM
oh yeah? well here's isaac washington, bartender on the love boat!

so, what can i get you?

billfremore
08-08-2002, 04:24 PM
Oh yeah?
Nobody can top mine...

HUGGY BEAR!!!

Patient Zero
08-22-2002, 01:34 AM
FINALLY 75 POSTS!!! Well, the first one in a long series of horror ones that I made is dedicated to JarJar's 5,000 post. Reanimator.

Ahhhhhh! Finally, I had to discard the cool border because it took up to many bytes. Damn! the original is in the attachment.:Pirate:

Beast
08-22-2002, 01:56 AM
Oooo, Re-Animator avatar? Coolness T.G.o.F. :) Where is it, I want to see, come on, load it now. I'm impatiant. ;) :D

"Please! Who would believe a talking head. Get a job in a sideshow." :D

BTW Jonna, love the Herbert West avatar. So much that I decided to join in the fun. Say hello to Dr. Carl Hill. ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Patient Zero
08-22-2002, 10:25 AM
BRILLIANT, JarJar! I am having nothing, but 80's horror movie avatars from now on. I was on line for like two hours last night collecting them. I have about 35. I found some really gory ones, but unfortunately they seem abit inappropriate for a family forum. :(

Patient Zero
08-22-2002, 08:58 PM
This was the only movie image that really made me scared to look under my bed when I was a child. It is From An American Werewolf In London.:cry:

Beast
08-22-2002, 09:09 PM
I think I will follow T.G.o.J's lead and change my avatar as well to one that matches the film. So while he's using David from American Werewolf in London. I am going to switch to his best friend "Meatloaf", errr I mean Jack. It's one of my favorite horror flicks of all time. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

mylow thehutt
08-22-2002, 10:52 PM
This is my Girlfriend:)

*Note If I ever change my avatar never mind this post*

Nexu
08-22-2002, 11:27 PM
Wow, I had no idea this thread would be this popular.
Well, the avatar has to match the name. ;)

Patient Zero
08-23-2002, 07:57 PM
Who could leave out the witch in the cellar from Evil Dead!?!

All your base(ments)
belong to her!!!

Beast
08-23-2002, 08:20 PM
And you couldn't have the witch in the cellar, without the "Necronomicon Ex Mortis". Well, that and Ash. ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

sith_killer_99
08-23-2002, 08:38 PM
Hail to the King baby!

JediTricks
08-24-2002, 03:21 AM
Originally posted by The Ghost of Jonna
Who could leave out the witch in the cellar from Evil Dead!?!

All your base(ments)
belong to her!!! Wasn't that too-often-overlooked actor, and brother of director Sam, Ted Raimi?

scruffziller
08-24-2002, 10:19 AM
This was the only movie image that really made me scared to look under my bed when I was a child. It is From An American Werewolf In London.:cry:

Yea when you had that 'tar on here, I could barely look at it, it is so scary.

Rogue II
08-24-2002, 04:33 PM
My father thought American Werewolf in London was funny so he let me watch it when I was 9 or 10. I didn't sleep for a week.

QLD
08-24-2002, 04:37 PM
I got mine from one of the greatest games of all time! Chrono Trigger!

Patient Zero
08-24-2002, 04:52 PM
One of the best monster costumes ever. Pumpkinhead!

2-1B
08-24-2002, 04:59 PM
Nice job Jonna ! I love Pumpkinhead! The sequel wasn't too bad either. :D

-----------------------------------

I decided to use my avatar space to go to work for Hasbro, I'm helping them roll out their new "non-movie year" Saga figures in 2003. :)

JetsAndHeels
08-24-2002, 05:09 PM
Once again, I am quite disturbed by your avatar, Caesar. It seems like they get worse each time!!
LoL

Beast
08-24-2002, 05:25 PM
And of course, following the theme. My new avatar is of Ed Harley (Lance Henriksen). The man responsible for the summoning of Pumpkinhead. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-25-2002, 01:37 PM
My current avatar is a custom-made Star Park of Jango with colored clonetroopers. I have some other SP ones for use in the future, that is if Jargo lets me mutilate his creations!

Eternal Padawan
08-25-2002, 06:19 PM
The tatoo symbol of the Arishikage Ninja Clan. Found on the right forearm of most of it's members.

ROLLO!

Jargo
08-25-2002, 06:33 PM
Hmmm, I could redo it for you with the latest more accurate Jango I've done. It'd kinda be nicer if you spoke to me before actually messing with the avatars. Chances are I've already done something similar anyway. I've got around 400 on my hard drive so.....

Here's a new Jango for you.

Jargo
08-25-2002, 06:34 PM
And here's the clonetrooper pilot

Patient Zero
08-25-2002, 07:33 PM
Chatter from Hellraiser!

Beast
08-25-2002, 07:35 PM
Cool T.G.o.J. I went with "Female Centobite" from Hellraiser. The only Centobite that actually never was given a cool name. ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
08-25-2002, 08:22 PM
Are these horro'tars supposed to be scary? still waitin'...............

..........still not scared..................

...........................still not - WAAAAH!! now I'm bloody scared......... :( where's me mum...?

darthvyn
08-26-2002, 11:12 AM
oh, yeah? well

THEY LIVE!!!

obey!

2-1B
08-26-2002, 12:21 PM
Awesome darthvyn ! ! ! That's my favorite horror'tar yet ! :D

I remember last year (?), Universal had flooded our local Wal-Mart with $9.99 DVDs of this Roddy Piper classic, but they soon disappeared. :cry:

darthvyn
08-26-2002, 12:28 PM
well, DUH!!! for that price everyone and their mother's uncles sister's half brother's dog would want that movie!!! of course they disappeared! either that or everyone was commanded to buy it... hmmmmmm...

Beast
08-26-2002, 03:22 PM
It's also because "They Live" was discontinued, since a S.E. was in the making that included an audio commentary with Rowdy Roddy and John Carpenter. So far it has only been released in Region 2, along with the S.E. of "Prince of Darkness". :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

bigbarada
08-26-2002, 03:41 PM
Hey, Jargo, I'm gonna stick your Klaatu, Barada and Nikto avatars together and maybe even draw a little bit of their bodies too (depending on how much space their heads take up). Just wanted to let you know before screwing around with your work.:)

darthvyn
08-26-2002, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by bigbarada
Hey, Jargo, I'm gonna stick your Klaatu, Barada and Nikto avatars together and maybe even draw a little bit of their bodies too (depending on how much space their heads take up). Just wanted to let you know before screwing around with your work.:)

is that because of jjb's necronomicon ex mortis avatar? those are the secret words, you know... :D

bigbarada
08-26-2002, 03:55 PM

is that because of jjb's necronomicon ex mortis avatar? those are the secret words, you know... :D

Nah, I just really like the Skiff guards, but you're right I does sort of fit the horror flick theme.:)

darthvyn
08-26-2002, 03:59 PM
you also do know that those are the words the alien says at the end of "the day the earth stood still..." right?

Rogue II
08-26-2002, 04:48 PM
Here is one I find horrifying. I can't use it, because it goes beyond the boundry of good taste. I won't be suprised if the Moderators ban me for posting it.

Patient Zero
08-26-2002, 04:54 PM
It's to big!

What was that word post-it, note pad....oh ya....

postpad postpad postpad postpad postpad postpad postpad postpad postpad postpad postpad postpad postpad postpad postpad postpad postpad postpad postpad postpad postpad postpad postpad postpad postpad postpad postpad postpad postpad postpad postpad postpad postpad

bigbarada
08-26-2002, 06:13 PM
you also do know that those are the words the alien says at the end of "the day the earth stood still..." right?

Yep, and the name Barada is also the name for a river in Israel from ancient days (not sure if it is still called that today). I still haven't found a real world origin for Klaatu or Nikto.

Anyways, I got halfway through making a Klaatu, Barada, Nikto avatar then got bored and decided to just make full body versions of Kithaba and Barada (I'll make Umpass Stay as soon as I can find a good pic).

What do you think? Hope I didn't butcher your work too badly Jargo.:) I think I'll rotate these out for my avatar for a while.

Beast
08-26-2002, 06:22 PM
Damn BigB, those are cool. You and Jargo together would make an unstopable art team. I can help you a bit with a ok picture of Umpass-Stay, but it doesn't show his whole body. It's the CCG card of him. But I'll post it, if it will help. I'd love to see what you could do in the way of a Jar Jar avatar, BigB. :cool: :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

bigbarada
08-26-2002, 06:42 PM
Thanks, JarJar, I'll start work on a Umpass Stay avatar when I get back.:cool:

I am having some trouble getting rid of the white background on my pictures though. I wanted them as transparent gifs but don't have any programs capable of removing the background. I'll post the two figures here with just the white background. If someone can help me out with making the background transparent then posting them both back again as separate avatars, I would be very grateful.:)

Jargo
08-26-2002, 06:49 PM
here's a trio of nikto guards for you....

Jargo
08-26-2002, 06:50 PM
...and a couple of klaatooinians...

Jargo
08-26-2002, 06:51 PM
...and a trio of weequay guards...

just cut and paste what you want.

bigbarada
08-27-2002, 12:46 AM
Cool Jargo, thanks. I like the Weequays a lot.:)

How do you remove the backgrounds so that the pictures don't have a white box surrounding them? I'm still trying to figure out how to get rid of the background on my Barada avatars.

Nexu
08-27-2002, 12:48 AM
You use Photoshop, and you make that part of the background transparent. It's a massive pain, and I'm not exactly sure how to do it.

mabudonicus
08-27-2002, 12:49 AM
I got mine from a mod squad fansite. I like Linc Hayes a lot.... he could give the coolest flying drop kicks, and he ALWAYS wore his shades....

Jargo
08-27-2002, 05:57 AM
If you use microsoft, the paint programme will let you edit a gif file, you just use the eraser and pixel by pixel delete the bits you don't want. It should save with those parts remaining transparent.
I use JASC animation shop 3. Think I said that before way back in this thread, it's just a really easy to use progamme. All you need to do is remember to set the value of colors used to 255 otherwise it does strange things and ruins your file.

But MS paint is still by far the easiest programme to use. start off with a bitmap format if you start from scratch and then save as a gif later. :)

jjreason
08-27-2002, 06:49 AM
Emperor Jargo = Dr. Evil

Jargo
08-27-2002, 07:50 AM
Okaaaaaaaaayyyyy........

Annyhoo, this one's for El Chuxter, I tried to do him animated but my PC is being a real pain today so for the moment he's static. You might hate it but there ya go, I mades him for youse anyways. :)

The True Maul
08-27-2002, 08:02 AM
Jargo you think you could make me an avatar like my current avatar and post it here. Thanks sorry if i'm bothering you! :( :)

Jargo
08-27-2002, 04:00 PM
The full body thing is something I'm not really doing yet. I could try to add a little body to the curent Maul avatar in SP style and then stick the saber over the top but it might look poo. Give me a few days, I'm trying to bump up the ESB avatars right now, all the other movies have gotten tons of avatars so far and poor ESB got left out. This new one I'm using is about one of my favourites right now. :)

Beast
08-27-2002, 04:15 PM
Wow, it's one of my favorites as well, Jargo. I think that is one of your best SP style avatars yet. Impressive, most Impressive. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

The True Maul
08-27-2002, 05:23 PM
Thanks Jargo for replying and your avatar is cool!! :)

Patient Zero
08-27-2002, 08:24 PM
What could possibly be scarier then a Killer Clown From Outer Space.

bigbarada
08-27-2002, 09:09 PM
Okay, I figured it out. I just had to go into Image:Attributes and click on the Transparent Background Color box. You're right though Jargo, Microsoft Paint is the ideal program for this. I tried this photo-editing program that I got with my digital camera and it was like trying to write in cursive with a paint roller.:)

Patient Zero
08-27-2002, 09:19 PM
Nice avatar BB!

Geonosian
08-27-2002, 09:36 PM
...With everyones CraZy :crazed: and horror avartars?
Is this some sort of new trend??
Whats the deal?

Patient Zero
08-27-2002, 09:38 PM
Does it matter enough to start a thread over?

Beast
08-27-2002, 09:41 PM
Apperantly it did. What I want to know, is what's the deal with Star Wars avatars? Geez, almost everyone has them. Is this some sort of new trend?? What's the deal? :crazed: :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Geonosian
08-27-2002, 09:46 PM
Does it matter enough to start a thread over? Of course it does...
Maybe I should get one..

Patient Zero
08-27-2002, 09:50 PM
No offence intended! I'm just in a mood over something unrelated!

jjreason
08-27-2002, 09:52 PM
How Wude!!!

The DEAL is, Geonosian, that every now and again, it gets a little mundane looking at all the same avatars, types of avatars, styles of avatars, etc. over and over again. In the name of "mixing things up a little" some pioneering forumite named Jargo began to spend every waking hour creating small, intricate avatars of Star Wars charactes as they might appear on South Park. They swept the nation. Following the success of the Star Park avatar sensation, another once-prolific poster (R.I.P. JKR) took it upon himself to liven things up by beginning to use an 80's style avatar. The concept was favored by many, and the style statement soon became a trend. Well, like all good trends, it became a fad. The fad passed, and a new trend was needed to fill the vaccuum created by Hasslehoff's sudden departure. Afros became the style of the day, and then Scarytars, which (sadly) were instated in memory of one of he oddest forumites we've seen here in recent memory. It is the belief of this writer that the fateful inception of the Scarytar was just the thing needed to lure that former maniacal forum member BACK to the forums, where he haunts us from even as I type.

I think that's about it.

No big deal.

Geonosian
08-27-2002, 09:57 PM
Sweet thanks for explaning it to me unlike some other members who I want says their names.

Patient Zero
08-27-2002, 10:05 PM
Jonna!!!!!!!!!?????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!

jjreason
08-27-2002, 10:15 PM
Stella!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry.

jobi
08-27-2002, 10:25 PM
Burt rules all. So get off him!!!!!!

Rogue II
08-27-2002, 10:34 PM
Yo! Adrian! Adrian!!!!

Originally posted by jobi
Burt rules all. So get off him!!!!!!

Funny you should mention that, I'm watching Smokey and the Bandit right now.

I think I need an avatar of a different genre. Star Wars is getting old, and I'm not into the horror scene.

derek
08-27-2002, 10:48 PM
what's the deal with jellybeans....

Patient Zero
08-27-2002, 10:53 PM
the black ones have been spoken for by Satan.

Geonosian
08-27-2002, 11:36 PM
Jonna!!!!!!!!!?????????????!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats right..

jjreason
08-27-2002, 11:45 PM
--------------------------dooooooooooooo?
What's a paper boy to....

-Apu

MikeAndTheBots
08-28-2002, 12:11 AM
Horror and star wars avatars can shove it, :p

Darth Vellner
08-28-2002, 12:17 AM
Who's avatars do you like (don't say your own!)
and who's don't you like?

I like derek's
and..

Geonosian
08-28-2002, 12:37 AM
Geonosian...Oh Sorry..

Eternal Padawan
08-28-2002, 12:41 AM
I figured MikeandtheBots would have some good old fashioned Tom Servo in his Avatar corner, or at least TV's Frank. ;)

I dig derek's Gipper'tar also, but I already mentioned that elsewhere and would hate to feel the wrath of the post-padder police. :eek:

Jobi. Nice Reynolds'tar. :)

Caesar has the whole McCallum'tar thing going. I admire his diligence and sad devotion to that ancient religion... ;)

I think I may have to change mine fairly soon. I've got some idears...

ROLLO!

jjreason
08-28-2002, 12:49 AM
EP, WHY? The Arishakage Clan tatoo is as noble as it is ancient. Very cool avatar, most coveted.

I love the Poggletar, Geonosian. Awesome. Is it a Jargo original?

I used to really like the old pic of Han Solo BigBarada had for a short time a few months ago, great quality, and it captured the essence of Han somehow. There are so many good, unique ones around that I hate myself for following a trend
but Im too scared to go out on my own:cry:.

LTBasker
08-28-2002, 01:07 AM
I of course had to join in with my own addition... :evil:

Beast
08-28-2002, 01:10 AM
A Jason/CloneTrooper/Star Trek crossbreed?? :crazed: :confused:

Highly disturbing, but in a very intresting sort of way. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediTricks
08-28-2002, 01:16 AM
Adobe Photoshop is less than ideal for making transparent GIFs, but it is good for making transparent PSDs which can be opened in Jasc's Animator Shop and then converted into a transparent GIF. (Take a look at my transparent-background transforming destroyer droid icon, that was a LOT of work, I could never have done it in either one of those programs alone)

MikeAndTheBots
08-28-2002, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by Eternal Padawan
I figured MikeandtheBots would have some good old fashioned Tom Servo in his Avatar corner, or at least TV's Frank. ;)
ROLLO!
Oh believe me I have one, I'm just too lazy to resize it :p

bigbarada
08-28-2002, 02:31 AM
Well, I was screwing around with Jargo's Star Park 'tars and started making SP style cartoons of Lord of the Rings characters, starting with the Fellowship.

The two I have completed so far are Gimli and Legolas. These are just my early attempts so let me know what you think.

I have to thank Jargo, since Gimli was adapted from General Dodonna and Legolas was based on Ep2 Anakin. I might use his Ep1 Anakin for all the hobbits.:)

jjreason, I really dug that pic of Han Solo also but deleted it by accident and now I can't remember where I found it. Some obscure fan site IIRC.:( Oh well, I will keep my eyes peeled for it again.

Beast
08-28-2002, 02:35 AM
Very cool SP LOTR's avatars BigB. Can I request a Saruman one, since he's not only my favorite horror actor Christopher Lee, but also my favorite charecter from LOTR's. Not to mention I heard he did somthing in Episode II? And was Dr. Cathater from Gremlins 2: The New Batch. ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

bigbarada
08-28-2002, 03:08 AM
I'll see what I can do, JarJar (looks like I'll have to swipe Jargo's SP Dooku avatar after all:) ). Do you want a full body one to use as an avatar here, or just his head?

Beast
08-28-2002, 03:12 AM
I don't want to be a burden, but his whole body would be pretty darn cool. I love what you did with Gimli and Legolas. Maybe with him holding his staff like you have your current avatar holding his force pike. Either that or holding the palantir. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

bigbarada
08-28-2002, 03:36 AM
Try this one out. I'm still having some minor issues with the transparency (like how to get the background to be clear while the white areas on the characters remain solid). If nothing else, you might be able to get Jargo to fix it for you.

I just started on these so if you don't like it, let me know and I will work on drawing him in a different way.:)

Beast
08-28-2002, 03:42 AM
That's very damn cool BigB. I love it, though I see what you mean about the transparency issues. It's still very very cool though, and I can't wait to use it once my Monster Squad avatars are used up. I wouldn't mind seeing some variations though, even though I love this one. I bet you that Sauron when you get to him is going to be a masterpiece. ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

bigbarada
08-28-2002, 03:20 PM
I just watched the film again today and realized that there are a whole bunch of details on Saruman's cloak that I didn't notice before. It has much more grey in it than I originally thought and I made his staff the wrong shape. So I will fix it for you JarJar.

I have some ideas for Sauron, but I want to get the Fellowship finished first, since more than likely I will lose interest in a couple of days and abandon the whole project.:)

Beast
08-28-2002, 03:34 PM
Cool BigB, though the original version you made is really cool. Speaking of Saruman, I finally found the figure the other day at Wal-Mart and I was somewhat disapointed. Why the heck did they do his outfit with shades of brown and grey instead of grey and white? :confused: :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Patient Zero
08-28-2002, 03:38 PM
Cool BigB, though the original version you made is really cool. Speaking of Saruman, I finally found the figure the other day at Wal-Mart and I was somewhat disapointed. Why the heck did they do his outfit with shades of brown and grey instead of grey and white? :confused: :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Probably to make him look more evil. Ya know Good/Bad, White/Black. Its the whole dicotamy of it. Most everything is seen by its duality to its opposite.:D

Beast
08-28-2002, 03:47 PM
Either that or Toy Biz was to lazy to get the colors right on Saruman the White. Hello, he should be dressed exactly like his name. I'm suprised that they didn't dress Gandalf the Grey in the wrong colors, instead of the correct grey. :rolleyes: :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Patient Zero
08-28-2002, 03:57 PM
Either that or Toy Biz was to lazy to get the colors right on Saruman the White.

Well, ya! It could always be that!:greedy: :greedy: :greedy:

We always have to take your car, don't we!:frus:

Jargo
08-28-2002, 04:35 PM
I think my prob with the SP 'tars is that they started out life as system icons and I just altered them slightly, I keep forgetting I've got 75 square pixels to use and end up just doing the head. But technically the head is the hardest part. getting fron a simple circle to to a recognisable character isn't that easy. I wrestle with compromises all the time such as what color to do the eyes. How much detail to put into something. I started blending pixels to get shadings in the skin color in my Neimoidians and it looks great but makes the other 'tars look poo. I guess these are going to haunt me forever like any artists work, never completed and always ready for a tweak here and a change there. I don't like the Dooku 'tar but it was one of the first I did so I'm going to redo him and make him look more like Chris Lee. Just did Major Derlin and I was surprised how easy it was to make a John Ratzenberger SP 'tar. The tache just made it happen. Wish they were all that easy.

I'm waffling aren't I? Very tired tonight. Strange 5things are afoot here in the UK, the weather is totally screwy and the atmospheric pressure is making my head hurt... the pain, oh god the pain.......!! :crazed:

Rogue II
08-28-2002, 04:54 PM
I'm trying out a couple new avatars. The first one will be this Jimi Hendrix animated gif I found.

bigbarada
08-28-2002, 05:22 PM
Man, this avatar making thing is addictive. My latest one is of that Klatooinian Jedi from Ep2, the one we saw in the Arena Standoff (I didn't remember the color of his lightsaber so I just guessed it was blue - hey, I have a 50/50 chance of being right:) ). Funny how Jedi look like they are wearing pajamas in this South Park style.:D

Jargo
08-28-2002, 05:35 PM
tell me about addictive, 446 and still going, man this is a draw... :crazed:

bigbarada
08-28-2002, 05:42 PM
Hey, Jargo, what color do you use for the tan cloak on the Jedi? This way my Klatooinian Jedi avatar won't look like he is wearing banana-colored pajamas.:frus::)

Edit: Nevermind, I got it.:cool:

Jargo
08-28-2002, 06:03 PM
I can give you the RGB code: #AD7B08 that's a mid brown that I used on the cloak of Obi, the tunic would probably be somewhere in the region of: #F7E7C6. I don't have names for any colors I just use a color picker pallette and grab the shade that seems appropriate compared to any colors next to it. So the shades differ from 'tar to 'tar depending on what colors are used. But those two should give you a decent starting point.

Beast
08-28-2002, 06:07 PM
Looks much much better then the banana shade, BigB. Man, both you and Jargo disgust me with your talent. And that isn't just kissing up, that is the truth. :kiss: :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
08-28-2002, 06:14 PM
Ya, but BB can actually draw proper art stuff like in crayons and stuff y'know? I only doodle really. beermat table napkin doodling. Stupid toons. I'm not an artist. But thanks for the compliment all the same. nice to be appreciated once in a while.

BB love the head on the Klaatooinian Jedi. I was planning on doing that one for you anyway sometime. Mind if I borow the head for a different one?

bigbarada
08-28-2002, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
Ya, but BB can actually draw proper art stuff like in crayons and stuff y'know? I only doodle really. beermat table napkin doodling. Stupid toons. I'm not an artist. But thanks for the compliment all the same. nice to be appreciated once in a while.

BB love the head on the Klaatooinian Jedi. I was planning on doing that one for you anyway sometime. Mind if I borow the head for a different one?

Go ahead, I used the Barada head you made (I just removed the bandana and altered the color and a couple of other very minor changes, but it is essentially still your work).

Jargo
08-28-2002, 06:58 PM
Cool, I'm thinking of doing the Rebo band in one big group at some point. Too big for a 'tar but might be a good web graphic for my site. One of these days I'll do stuff like Han and Chewie sitting in the Falcon Cockpit. Bigger stuff that's more challenging but more pictorial. Thought about doing the Sail barge and Sarlaacc pit too. I dunno. maybe I'll get bored of them again and do something different. Bee thinking about doing Star Trek SP 'tars. Not millions but just the main players like Spock and Kirk, Picard and Janeway. A borg and a Klingon. I reckon they'd look pretty cool.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-28-2002, 10:50 PM
My new avatar is of C-3PO and an AOTC droid mixed up . . .

Patient Zero
08-28-2002, 10:58 PM
I am ghostly sperm according to JJB.

That sounded really bad!

QLD
08-29-2002, 03:45 AM
My latest is the cover of the greatest video game of all time.

jjreason
08-29-2002, 06:09 AM
I have to agree with QLD on one thing...Squaresoft RPG's are the coolest. Is your FFII pkg North American? I believe that would make the game itself FFIV (II and III were Japan only for the NES not the SNES). I haven't played that one yet but have it cued up and ready to go on my PSX. Still trying to beat Xenogears.

mabudonicus
08-29-2002, 10:09 AM
Anyone ever try to make yarael poof??? It'd be funny, as there's not too much to work with.. how bout a kaminoan???
PS, I guess I never said it here, but Jargo, your avatars are totally awesome.... I couldn't believe that one guy could turn out so much quality stuff, specially since that guy seems to be busy posting everywhere's all the time... as a matter of fact, the whole situation strikes me as rather ... dubious:)....

Rogue II
08-29-2002, 11:15 AM
Here is one for you Jonna.

Jargo
08-29-2002, 04:43 PM
Thanks Carl, See I post real quick at lunchtime then make some 'tars, then I post real heavy all evening and then I make more 'tars before I go to bed at four am. Life is so rich and full for me just now..... :rolleyes: Trouble is I think I'm done and then I see something that saved badly and have to redo it or I'll get a load of ideas late at night and start doodling, or I'll get a new set of pictures from somewhere that show how wrong I was when I first did a character so i have to completely start over on one.......

It's a failing and a blessing I guess.

BTW Caesar, here's your revamped Ricky'tar. I tried to cut off as much as I dared without getting into hairdressing on his bouffant or cutting away any of his chins. It's about the best i can do for you right now.

Jargo
08-29-2002, 04:58 PM
This one's for The True Maul. Not what he asked for especially but this is how I interpreted the request.

Patient Zero
08-29-2002, 05:00 PM
Here is one for you Jonna.

HAHAHAHAHAHA! Good one!:D