PDA

View Full Version : Fight fighting over figures...

Darth_Growl
06-06-2002, 02:38 PM
Have any of you guys gotten into a fist fight over a star wars figure? Or how about just a fist fight in general? My bro who is much older and bigger than me has gotten into several fist fights in high school. I just want to know how it feels since I've never been in one before.

derek
06-06-2002, 02:57 PM
first rule about fist fights is you don't talk about fist fights.
second rule about fist fights is you DON'T talk about fist fights.
third rule about fist fights is only 2 guys to a fight
fourth rule about fist fights is only one fight at a time.
fifth rule about about fist fights is no shirts, no shoes.
sixth rule about fist fights fights will go on as long as they have too. the fight is over when the opponent taps out or is unable to continue.
last rule about fist fights, is, if it's your first time, you have to fight.

your homework assignment is to start a fight with a total stranger.

welcome to fist fight club.
:crazed:

Exhaust Port
06-06-2002, 02:57 PM
Why don't you just ask your brother?

What a bizarre question for a thread....

Darth_Growl
06-06-2002, 03:06 PM
I have asked him, but all he tells me is that I have to be in one in order to understand. I'm going to be a freshman in high school next year, and I'm pretty sure somebody is going to try to rough me up or something. Just wanted to know if anybody has been in one. That's all.

billfremore
06-06-2002, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Darth_Growl
Have any of you guys gotten into a fist fight over a star wars figure? Or how about just a fist fight in general? My bro who is much older and bigger than me has gotten into several fist fights in high school. I just want to know how it feels since I've never been in one before.

Them's fightin' words! :crazed:

Dryanta
06-06-2002, 03:24 PM
do you really want advice for fighting or are you asking the original question.The answer is No I have never been in a fight over figures.Is that what you wanted or are you looking for advice?
Also those rules have never applied.Is that from that Fight Club movie?Never bothered to see it

LTBasker
06-06-2002, 03:29 PM
What's the point?

If someone wanted to fist fight with me, I'd grab their wrist and toss'em to the ground then stand on their arms until they plead for me to get off of them and then agree to run away after I get off of them. :)

Darth_Growl
06-06-2002, 03:35 PM
:rolleyes: err...let me rephrase the question. Have any of you guys ever been in a fist, where you have to beat the guy up before he beat you up? That sounds simpler.:rolleyes:

Forhekset
06-06-2002, 03:35 PM
Fighting over figures...that's as lame as sprinting to the toy aisle when a store opens in the morning.

Forhekset
06-06-2002, 03:37 PM
:rolleyes: err...let me rephrase the question. Have any of you guys ever been in a fist, where you have to beat the guy up before he beat you up? That sounds simpler.:rolleyes:

Been in a fist? No but I've been in a few fights before. :D

pthfnder89
06-06-2002, 03:42 PM

I've been in a few fights, but usually I just ignore anybody who's trying to start one with me. Plus I'm about 6'3" so if I'm not alone then the guy will usually start a fight with one of them instead of me.:D

But the biggest thing I would tell you Darth Growl is that school fights aren't like fights in the movies, or even boxing matches. They aren't cool and coordinated like that.

School fights are basically just two guys taking wild swings at each other. Once you get in a fight (especially you since you've never been in one) your adrenaline will start pumping like crazy. It makes it hard to concentrate, which is why most fights look so messy. So don't expect to be using any cool Matrix spin-kicks.

Also, you usually won't feel any pain until AFTER the fight. Usually no matter how hard you get hit the adrenaline dulls your pain receptors so you won't be hurting too badly until that wears off afterward.

Hope you can avoid being in one, but I know there is always someone out there whos looking to start one for some stupid reason or another so good luck.:)

derek
06-06-2002, 03:44 PM
darth growl,

99% of fist fights are actually "rolling-around on the ground untill one guy gets the other in a head lock" events.

i have not been im many fights, but i can tell you, getting hit in the nose ain't fun. it will usually make even the toughest guy "tear up" a bit.:)

most people, even the bullies, don't actually want to fight, and don't think yourself a coward if you walk away from one. i was always taught to only fight to defend myself, and i think that is a good rule to live by.

dryanta,

yea, that's from "fight club". you should check it out. it's actually a good film. the title is a bit misleading though, if you just expect 2 hours of fighting.

Dryanta
06-06-2002, 04:23 PM
Damn it all to hell.
I have no choice but to be more than a little harsh.I laugh and joke about these things most of the time.But now I see a young man dealing with these ideas..
Here's some food for thought,when you see a guy puking up blood because you took the shot you could.Then you'll know.When you know from the feeling in your elbow you just broke someones jaw,we'll talk.When you get to the point where you one day notice the scars on your hands and wonder if some guy you punched in the mouth gave you a disease because his teeth cut your knuckles to shreads.Then you can get mad about this post.You want fighting tips?You want the hows whys and targets?You ain't getting them from me.I wish I didn't have them either. walk away when ever you can.And when you can't you'll KNOW IT!!
It's nothing like the chreographed crap you see on the tube.
Some men go down very hard,big or small.
Your brother may be one big SOB but if he's telling you grab anybody he's going to get hurt very badly.Do not follow his advice.He'll meet someone who knows things and isn't regretful that he does.
Follow mine.Be much more of a man than I have been.Walk,and walk away proud.
You'll be a a real man without shame.Instead of a big man with plenty of shame.
You fight and fight hard WHEN YOU HAVE TO!! you walk when you don't.If you lose fine you fought for what you had to.If you win for want you could've walked from?Trust me there is no victory.

LTBasker
06-06-2002, 05:08 PM
Haven't been in really any phsyical fights, I remember one though when someone had me pinned down and I was able to kick him in the head with my foot and before I got up he was gonna jump over or on (dunno which) me but when he was right over me I kicked my feet up and he went flying into a tree. No one really got seriously hurt and there was no blood splatter or anything, but I think the kid got knocked out for a little... Don't really see how people can get pleasure from fights.

vulcantouch
06-06-2002, 07:12 PM
oh my stars and garters, i can't imagine what (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=92810#post92810) might be makin you wonder about this kinda thing (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=103254#post103254) ;)
if you're anything like me you'll wanna keep the following in mind:
1: pick your battles; but-
2: whether biding your time or immediately, Always settle scores to your satisfaction one way or another; but-
3: see rule #1 ;)
4: however decisive and final the result needs to be, don't hesitate to do what you must to achieve it; but going beyond that- being excessive- is bad karma and bad form besides :sur:
5: remember that very few people can throw a truly devastating punch, so don't be too afraid of one landing. most are just "loVe Taps" :kiss:
6: don't get freaked out by how much scalp wounds bleed, they always do that. if the guy's still standing, trust me, it's superficial :p
7: don't worry about fights ruining your Devastating Good Looks; chix dig a mug with some mileage ;)
8: Fight Club's a fun flick, and burgess meredith woulda been a fun trainer ("cmon rock, cantcha catch a lousy chicken??" ) :)
vt

Darth_Growl
06-07-2002, 01:11 PM
That's some pretty good info. As a freshman, I know there's bound to be somebody, who's going to try to pick on me. My big bro has been teaching me some self defense and things like that. Last time we were sparring, I almost knocked him out. :) That'll teach him.

Dark Knight
06-08-2002, 12:28 AM
Just remember, Don't bring a knive to a gun fight.

:) :evil: :D

Obi-Don
06-08-2002, 01:16 AM
I always teach my boy never start a fight. If one starts the fight try to finish the fight. In today's world you have to do what ever it takes to make it. I don't think its a bad thing to walk away but if you have to fight. Fight to win. There is no such thing as a fair fight. Just a winner and a loser. A winner gets nothing really if you think about. Just the knowing that he hurt someone. The loser,if he fights and does what he can and stands up for himself. Really doesn't loses. There is no shame in losing. All in all, I would recommend that if you can avoid it, avoid. It doesn't take a really smart person to figure out that fighting hurts.

derek
06-08-2002, 07:13 AM
and never bring a spoon to a knife fight!:crazed:

2-1B
06-08-2002, 11:33 AM
One time I went to a fight and a hockey game broke out. :)

QLD
06-08-2002, 12:08 PM
One thing for sure though.......

You have to fight.......for your right.......to paaaaaaaaarty!

Darth_Growl
06-11-2002, 02:56 PM
Have any of you guys ever been knocked out in a fist fight? My big bro told me that he's been knocked out once but that you don't feel anything when it happens. Basically, when it happens its no different from when you fall asleep. Pretty cool! :D

LTBasker
06-11-2002, 04:27 PM
I'd rather fall asleep in bed than get knocked out in a fist fight, why? Because your opponet could do stuff with your body.

Mandalorian Candidat
06-11-2002, 05:39 PM
I think the last fight I was in was back in Jr. high. The neighbor kid was bugging the hell out of me. I guess he had ADD or something (this was back before good old ritalin) or just had a bug up his A.

Anyways he says he wants to fight me out of the blue and then sucker punches me in the jaw, so i chase him around and finally grab him by the shoulders. He pushed me down, so to catch myself I grabbed his shirt and stretched it into something that The Fridge could even wear. Then he tried to kick me so I stuck my foot into his gut to keep him away from my vital organs, but my foot slipped. Needless to say he was talking an octave higher for a few days. My dad finally had to break up the fight and the other kid ran into the house yelling for his mama. I can still remember him yelling "Mom, he squashed my balls!"

What really bugged me is that the next day he ran around school telling everyone he had beat me up, the total opposite of what happened.

Yeah, fighting doesn't solve anything...unless you're in school or prison and you have to keep yourself from becoming someone else's biatch.