PDA

View Full Version : What happens to Naboo?

El_Pasty_Muchacho
06-06-2002, 03:56 PM
Something has to happen to them, right? I mean, add it all up!

1) The place is a paradise.
2) In the classic trilogy it goes completely unmentioned.
3) Emperor's homeworld.

I think something will happen to the planet to completely destroy it (maybe not deathstar destruction, but make it uninhabitable). It would be a really great metaphore for the Jedi, the Republic, and the Galaxy. Question is, what could happen to it?

Comments?

(Also, to solve an argument at my work, who would win in a fight between Ninja Turtles and Batman?)

Jonna
06-06-2002, 03:57 PM
All the turtles against him???

MikeAndTheBots
06-06-2002, 04:04 PM
I think "Sidious" has the planet destroyed (not DS type destroyed I mean with the massive droid armies destroying the cities and the people) to retaliate at "Palpatine".
btw: does bat man have his utility belt and do the turtles have thier various weapons?

chris
06-06-2002, 04:57 PM
something will happen to Naboo, and the turtles would win!

El_Pasty_Muchacho
06-06-2002, 05:18 PM
See, I'm thinking something more sinister than droid armies... I'm thinking force induced natural disasters or biological warfare.

And yes, the turtles have their various weapons, batman has his utility belt... And it's a 4v1 battle between all turtles and batman.

Laserbrain
06-06-2002, 05:23 PM
Nothing has to happen to Naboo. There's a lot of worlds on the galaxy with the same or unique beauty that aren't seen in the films. Just because it's not mentioned, doesn't mean it's not there...

Oh, and Batman fights gangs of ninjas all the time, four turtles would be no problem. All Bats would have to do is swing up to a roof top and drop a tear gas capsule. And that's if he doesn't want to get his hands dirty....

El_Pasty_Muchacho
06-06-2002, 06:06 PM
That may be true, but as it played such a major role in the first 2 films (and if I had to wager, the third as well), It would make more sense to explain why no one heard of them later.

saladin
06-07-2002, 09:00 AM
I think probably he has it destroyed to sever all emotional ties for him and anikan, since anikan loved it so much. That way the have nothing holding them from the dark side.

Batman, no question.

El Chuxter
06-07-2002, 03:13 PM
Naboo will be laid to waste, but not destroyed utterly.

And Batman would hold his own against one Turtle, but when he sees there are four, he will call in Robin, Nightwing, Batgirl, and Azrael, so Bats would win. :D

wedgeA
06-07-2002, 07:14 PM
I read a theory (can't remember if it was here) that Naboo is laid waste to and is really Dagobah. In ESB Kenobi tells Luke to go to the Dagobah system, he never really mentions the name of the planet. I think it is a stretch, but it's a cool theory anyway.

chewie
06-07-2002, 09:58 PM
Like all worlds under the empire, it will just be subjugated. I doubt it will be destroyed.

El_Pasty_Muchacho
06-08-2002, 06:43 PM
Wedge, the only problem with the Dagobah theory is that the elapsed time between E3 and ESB wouldn't have been long enough to allow swampy marshes and the like to completely overtake the ruins of a very advanced civilization. There were no traces of civilzation or structures when luke went there only "massive lifeform readings." So as cool an idea as that is, it's not possible. Kind of depressing. Great idea...

Laserbrain
06-08-2002, 07:55 PM
It is quite a theory but I don't know how that would work out. I think Dagobah is actually Yoda's home planet, as evidenced by a spoiler I read on theforce.net that we're going to see some more about where Yoda comes from in E3. And since we have to be there anyway to give birth to the twins, as evidenced by Luke's "strange but somehow familiar" line.

El_Pasty_Muchacho
06-09-2002, 12:59 AM
That would make more sense... And it would tie more into the later movies...

sunblind
06-11-2002, 12:11 PM
The planet will be removed from the Data Banks just as Kamino was but will be renamed as Alderaan. Doesnt that make more sense. And then when it blows up in EP4 that'll be the reason why Naboo isnt talked of.

El_Pasty_Muchacho
06-11-2002, 02:41 PM
That would make sense except for the fact that you couldn't convince an entire people to refer to their own planet as something else. You could delete it from the databanks, even rename it in the data banks, but the people of Naboo would never consent to calling their home world "Alderaan"... it'd be like asking US citizens to refer to the US as "Pasty Muchacho Land".\

Beast
06-11-2002, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by sunblind
The planet will be removed from the Data Banks just as Kamino was but will be renamed as Alderaan. Doesnt that make more sense. And then when it blows up in EP4 that'll be the reason why Naboo isnt talked of.
Umm, Alderaan already exists, it was mentioned in Episode 1, and Bail Organa the Senator from Alderaan is seen in Episode 2. Naboo isn't talked about, because it is no longer necissary to the story. And it's not Dagobah either, because according to the galaxy charts that have been published, Dagobah is nowhere near Naboo. The planet is either just destroyed, or forgotten by the time of the OT. After all, there are alot of planets in the galaxy. It's kinda funny though, that ESB looks to be the only movie where Tattooine isn't shown, though it is mentioned. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

El_Pasty_Muchacho
06-11-2002, 03:13 PM
That's right, I forgot about the EP1 reference to Alderaan... Thanks for the reminder.

sunblind
06-11-2002, 03:20 PM
I forgot....I forgot....

scruffziller
06-11-2002, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by wedgeA
I read a theory (can't remember if it was here) that Naboo is laid waste to and is really Dagobah. In ESB Kenobi tells Luke to go to the Dagobah system, he never really mentions the name of the planet. I think it is a stretch, but it's a cool theory anyway. That is an interesting theory, at first I didn't think so but that ship that crashed still could have been there.

DarthSetnom
07-22-2002, 02:11 AM
We never even hear about this planet that seemed to be extremely important in this new trilogy... will this be a new big question mark in the whole SW story?

Nexu
07-22-2002, 02:13 AM
That's the thing, it looks screwy now, with Coruscant, and Naboo in the first two movies, and nowhere to be seen in the OT. It's like a lot of things, it's all f%#ked up for now, but when the Archival Editions come out, it will be seamless; everything will be fixed.

LTBasker
07-22-2002, 04:57 AM
Maybe Naboo will be the first target for the prototype of the Death Star.

DeadEye
07-22-2002, 03:11 PM
That's possible--EU points out that the prototype Death Star was built and subsequently tested on the penal world Despayre--maybe canon will change that world to Naboo. But why would Palpatine have his home planet destroyed?

Chewtobacco
07-22-2002, 05:13 PM
Ep 3 will happen after a few years of galaxy wide clone wars. Naboo might end up being the center of the clone wars. Regardless of whether Palpy is from Naboo or not, he has bigger plans. None include spending his twilight years on that planet. He's power hungry and could care less if Naboo was trashed by war or famine.

Part of me agrees with others in that Naboo is of no importance in the OT. That story was about Luke, Leia, Han & Chewie and none have even heard of Naboo due to circumstances.

I'm curious about the planet Kamino. Will stormtroopers be created on Kamino, or will they have to move production to a place much more secure?

Chewtobacco
07-22-2002, 05:15 PM
I live in Michigan, Pasty Muchacho Land

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-22-2002, 05:23 PM
Coruscant is never mentioned in the OT, but it's still around.
How do I know? Just watch the SE of ROTJ.
They never mention Coruscant but it's there, it must be the same for Naboo.

LTBasker
07-22-2002, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by DeadEye
That's possible--EU points out that the prototype Death Star was built and subsequently tested on the penal world Despayre--maybe canon will change that world to Naboo. But why would Palpatine have his home planet destroyed?

Cause Sidious would be the one behind it, not Palpy! :p

pthfnder89
07-22-2002, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by DeadEye

Hmm... I just can't bring myself to accept that. Naboo seems like a major world in the SW universe, even if it is out of the way. And everyone knows it's Palpatines homeworld, so that would make it even more famous.

If it was destroyed by a prototype of the Death Star, it seems like everyone would know. In ANH, it's obvious that very few people seem to know of the Death Stars exsistance, and Han certainly doesn't know about any wweapon that could destroy a planet whole.

DarthSetnom
07-24-2002, 03:47 AM
But still... GL has a huge problem now because if he blows it up, people who have seen the movie will complain about "the first time the Death Star was used" and how Moff Tarkin mentioned alderaan as the first target.

If he chooses not to blow it up, kids who watch the movie will be left wondering "what happened to naboo it seemed like a rather important place in this universe"

El_Pasty_Muchacho
07-24-2002, 10:28 AM
That's why I'm saying Planet-wide destruction through bombardment or biological warfare... Death Star would be too massive, people would find out... I mean, it's not like Naboo was on the Rim or anything.

scruffziller
07-24-2002, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by wedgeA
I read a theory (can't remember if it was here) that Naboo is laid waste to and is really Dagobah. In ESB Kenobi tells Luke to go to the Dagobah system, he never really mentions the name of the planet. I think it is a stretch, but it's a cool theory anyway.
Stumbling upon the ship that is there could have influenced Palpy as a young man to turn to the Darkside.

hayden's_hunnie
08-23-2002, 11:45 AM
i think naboo will be blown up by the death star!

hayden's_hunnie
08-23-2002, 11:51 AM
or degobah, yes true

Beast
08-23-2002, 12:18 PM
Doesn't look like anything will happen to it, it just will be forgotten or no longer a place of intrest by the time of the OT. Because the upcoming Star Wars: Galaxies MMORPG has Naboo as one of the planets. And they did get permission from Lucas and Lucasfilm to make sure they could use the planet. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

The Overlord Returns
08-23-2002, 01:42 PM
I don't know if that's much of an indicator.....considering dark horse was permitted to do a story about jango and zam where they're all over each other, before it was revealed that zam was not really a hot woman, but an alien( and male as far as I can tell) shapeshifter.....

Beast
08-23-2002, 01:49 PM
True, but Lucas/Lucasfilm needed to sign off on the planets that would be around by the time of the OT, and they did sign off on Naboo. So I can only assume that that points to the fact that it won't be destroyed in the PT. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

El_Pasty_Muchacho
08-26-2002, 10:40 AM
Alright, Smarty-Pants... what does happen, then... they can't just ignore it from now on.

Beast
08-26-2002, 03:15 PM
Why not, it's no longer the focus of the story. They didn't go back to Tatooine in Empire, but does that mean it no longer exists. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

bigbarada
08-26-2002, 03:22 PM
One of two things MIGHT happen:

1. Naboo will be shown destroyed or razed in Ep3.

OR

2. A celebration scene will be crammed into the ending of ROTJ just like they did with Coruscant (which is more prominent than Naboo and is never mentioned in the OT).

Either that or it will simply never be mentioned again so that an extensive EU novel can be written in which we "learn the tragic fate of the idillic planet of Naboo." Best-seller list here we come!:rolleyes:

BTW, Ninja Turtles in less than six minutes. One martial arts expert against four ninjas? Not a chance.

patchiswelsh
08-26-2002, 03:44 PM
prob is naboo can't be dagobah cos on map of galaxy that are from star wars fact file
naboo and dagobah are shown in different places

jedi_uk73
08-26-2002, 05:43 PM
I would have to agree with Jar Jar on this one. Just because a planet is not featured in any of the films, doesn't mean that it doesn't exist anymore. Every planet cannot be featured in every film, it would get damn boring if they did.

Also Patchiswelsh is right, Naboo is NOT Dagobah, they are in completely different areas of the galaxy.

The Overlord Returns
08-27-2002, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by patchiswelsh
prob is naboo can't be dagobah cos on map of galaxy that are from star wars fact file
naboo and dagobah are shown in different places

It's well established though that until it's dealt with in a star wars MOVIE, doesn't matter what sort of other material has been written about anything.......

for instance, Owen Lars being OBI WANs brother......... we now know that not to be the case.....and that was in the ep 6 novelization...I believe.

gibbyhayes
08-27-2002, 06:42 PM
In ROTJ, if my memory serves me, there is no mention of Hoth or Bespin - that's all I've got.

(side note: was the planet Bespin or the city ? )

The Overlord Returns
08-27-2002, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by gibbyhayes
In ROTJ, if my memory serves me, there is no mention of Hoth or Bespin - that's all I've got.

(side note: was the planet Bespin or the city ? )

true...however Hoth is not nearly as important to the overall sw saga as naboo is turning out to be....

and Bespin is now included in ROTJ se...

gibbyhayes
08-28-2002, 06:14 PM
This thread should be named " Is Naboo taboo or kablooey?":evil:

Darth_Billy_Jack
08-29-2002, 02:55 PM
i dont think naboo will be destroyed, it just wont be mentioned because its no longer important to the story. its not really that important now, when you think about it. it was important to the main characters in ep I, because they were there, there are thousands of other planets in the galaxy, naboo is only one planet and fairly out of the way, or so id gather. its near the rim, sparsly populated, doesnt appear to be a manufacturing center, so who cares?
it only makes a cameo appearance in ep II really.. anakin and padme could have had a boat rid and a picnic on any planet. even the scenes w/ padme's family were cut.
its about as important as bespin in galactic sceme of things, only briefly important cause something happens there, then it goes back to being a regular place.

Darth_Billy_Jack
08-30-2002, 12:12 AM
on the kamino question, my money is that the empire nationalizes and decentralizes clone production. i doubt that the empire will want to depend on buying its troops from a group of aliens on a remote outer-rim world, if stormtroopers turn out to be the same as clonetroopers that is...