PDA

View Full Version : Okay Who Liked The Ewok Movies?

scruffziller
06-06-2002, 04:00 PM
I did, I seen the first one, but never did see the 2nd one. Anyone know where I could find them?

Jonna
06-06-2002, 04:03 PM
Check old video rental stores. There is one by me that has one of the movies.

chris
06-06-2002, 05:02 PM
I didnt really like them, they changed the ewoks too much.

bigbarada
06-06-2002, 05:45 PM
I saw the first one before seeing ESB or ROTJ. My dad, who was normally against Star Wars for being too escapist, really liked the concept of the Ewoks and thought they would be a good example to my brother and I. The concept, as he saw it, was that even though the Ewoks were tiny, they fought bravely no matter what kind of opponent they were up against.

I really liked them as a kid, and was disappointed that they never turned into a live-action TV series (I never really cared for the cartoon as a kid).

Sure they have lost there luster a little now that I am almost 30, but I can still enjoy them.

Bel-Cam Jos
06-06-2002, 08:22 PM
I'll be honest, I never really thought I could become a Jedi or pilot a Corellian freighter, but seeing the Ewoks movies made me believe I might meet an alien? Wonder where the name "Mace" came from? Just looked out the windu and got inspired? :p I liked the Ewoks as a kid, so of course I'd like their movies!

RooJay
06-06-2002, 08:43 PM
I loved 'em both! I thought they were every bit the great little made for TV family movies they were intended to be.

LTBasker
06-06-2002, 09:13 PM
The Ewok movies aren't bad, the most interesting part about them I think is they connect in no way to the other events of SW, showing more that there is actually stories that can be told without the main characters of the "base" films or having to mention or build around the main stories.

One of them reminded me of Willow a little but it was still pretty cool.

I like Wicket. :happy:

saladin
06-07-2002, 09:16 AM
They were ok when i was about 10 but i havn't seen them in a while so i can't say.

icatch9
06-07-2002, 09:20 AM
I liked them as a child too. They didn't win any awards for anything, but there were good moives. Good for kids, wich is probally what they were supposed to be. Considereing the main characters and what not.

Actually Bel-Cam Jos, Mace Windu was the first name GL came up with for Star Wars. The initial story was going to be around this guy. Found that out in my Unauthorized Star Wars Compendium book I got for $4. It may be unauthorized, but all the info comes from past interviews Lucas and Other LF people gave. It's a good book, and has a lot of info in it.

bigbarada
06-07-2002, 10:39 AM
Actually, icatch9, The Ewok Adventure (or Caravan of Courage as it was called overseas) won an Emmy for Outstanding Visual Effects and was nominated for outstanding children's programming.

Jonna
06-07-2002, 10:47 AM
I liked it when I origionally saw it years ago on tv, but I would probably like anything SW related......except for the Holiday special of course.

El Chuxter
06-07-2002, 03:08 PM
Only seen the second one, but how can you not like the movie that gave us TEEEEEEEEK???

Bel-Cam Jos
06-07-2002, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by icatch9
Actually Bel-Cam Jos, Mace Windu was the first name GL came up with for Star Wars. The initial story was going to be around this guy. Found that out in my Unauthorized Star Wars Compendium book I got for $4. It may be unauthorized, but all the info comes from past interviews Lucas and Other LF people gave. It's a good book, and has a lot of info in it.
Knew that. That's why I said it. The Annotated SW Screenplay (or script, or something) has it, too.

Originally posted by El Chuxter
Only seen the second one, but how can you not like the movie that gave us TEEEEEEEEK???
Only if you like Kit Fisto more! :p ;)

SQueek
06-08-2002, 08:05 PM
i remember one is them in a cave battle spiders and large one eyes monsters(lol) and the other one is them breaking into a castle which is inhabited by regular sized aliens. there is a little fast ewok and also an old man with a little girl

anarky
07-03-2002, 03:31 PM
that "fast little ewok" is not really an ewok, but a member of a different species altogether: teeks (yes, the same one that we worship here at ssg)

the species is curious, semi-to-fully sentient, and has the odd quirk of trading objects with unsuspecting ewoks, humans, and so forth--if a teek sees a blaster, it may think it's worth a shiny rock, take the blaster, and leave the rock in its place

they also are capable of dazzling speed--unfortunately none of the reference material (like wildlife of star wars or essential guide to alien species) have addressed how this is so

the character in the ewoks: battle for endor movie is named teek, same as the species--according to holonetnews.com, at least one other named specimen is known, yeep

Huckleberry Josh
07-03-2002, 03:47 PM
I liked them a lot. I remember when there was this really crappy looking video store near where I live. I used to rent both of the Ewok movies almost every time I went to that store. The store eventually went out of business so I haven't seen the movies very much sense then.

TIE Pilot
07-04-2002, 02:53 PM
I never liked them, to me there were just several steps up from the Holiday Special.

Jek Porky 2002
07-05-2002, 04:46 PM
Never seen them, and never ever want to see them.

RooJay
07-09-2002, 08:32 AM
Then ya really don't know what you're missin' then, do ya? ;)

Pendo
07-13-2002, 05:15 PM
I think they were cool little movies and are watchable (not like some other Star Wars material!!!) and can't wait for them to come out on DVD. I don't think of them as part of the Star Wars Universe though, I tend to see them as something totaly different.

PENDO!

AdmiralPiett
07-14-2002, 02:50 AM
Hey Pendo,
Have you heard that they're coming out on DVD? If so that's great. I'd snatch those up in a heartbeat. I watch the Battle for Endor at least once every 2 weeks on video.
I always wished they would make figures, vehicles, and creatures based on those movies. All that really exists in toy form from those movies is Wicket, the Ewok Hang Glider, and I think one other Ewok that plays a minor role in the end during the fight scene.
I totally see the resemblance to Willow in the large beasts that the bad guys ride. It looks kind of similar to the dragon breathing monster that protects Queen Bavmorda's castle.
Piett

Pendo
07-14-2002, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by AdmiralPiett
Hey Pendo,
Have you heard that they're coming out on DVD? If so that's great. I'd snatch those up in a heartbeat. I watch the Battle for Endor at least once every 2 weeks on video.

I wouldn't say that they're deffo coming out on DVD but someone asked the (most helpful) LucasFilm Jedi Council if they were and P-Rick replyed that they would like to release all material after Episode III. So it's a good possibility. Click here (http://www.starwars.com/community/askjc/rick/askjc20020626.html) for more.

PENDO!

Lobito
07-18-2002, 03:55 PM
I only saw the first one, and i loved it...i've searched for these movies in VHS (i know they are not in DVD format yet) and sadly i've never seen them...which leads me to...were they produced in VHS???

Pendo
07-18-2002, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by Lobito
I only saw the first one, and i loved it...i've searched for these movies in VHS (i know they are not in DVD format yet) and sadly i've never seen them...which leads me to...were they produced in VHS???

Yes they're on VHS, but I don't know where you could find them. It has been years since they have been out on VHS so they have probably been deleted now.
I have my versions on VHS, but am scared to watch them incase the tape wares thin.

PENDO!

Jacen Solo
07-18-2002, 04:06 PM
A Jedi Teek would be cool, hehee, and oh yeah the movies were neat too.:stupid: