PDA

View Full Version : Ralph McQuarrie's Stormtrooper

linsjedi
06-06-2002, 03:36 PM
help please!
does someone have a picture or alink to the Ralph McQuarrie stormtrooper?
i cannot for my life find one and i would like to check it out again since its suppose to be the new fan's choice figure.

please let me know and Attack of the Clones RULES!!!!!!

Beast
06-06-2002, 03:40 PM
Why not check the front page, for the following link. :)

http://www.figures.com/databases/action.cgi?setup_file=ssnews2.setup&category=starwars&topic=31&show_article=311

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

linsjedi
06-06-2002, 03:50 PM
thanks and i just totally missed it!

linsjedi

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-06-2002, 04:06 PM
I wonder, will he have a lightsaber? That would be cool!

evenflow
06-06-2002, 05:04 PM
Worst fan choice figure ever.

Old Fossil
06-06-2002, 05:40 PM
Agreed. I didn't vote, but hoped for Imp. Dignitary or Gen. Rieekan. The Concept Stormie is quite... a waste.

Jargo
06-06-2002, 05:57 PM
"The voting went down to the wire with some exceptional candidates leading the way. General Rieekan was a favorite given his outstanding leadership qualities, and the Imperial Dignitary was a formidable opponent who ultimately fell short in the end. We carefully tallied all of the votes to ensure we select the true Fansí Choice."

For 'true fans' (sic) choice' read: "our choice" this figure was decided on before the voting started. This is what the guys at Hasbro's star wars department wanted to make. And like they counted up the votes any differently than what showed on the website. It's just numbers plucked from the air. Con con con con con con con. Hasbro sucks and blows all at the same time. :mad: Scrap these fan's choices, they're a farce.

Beast
06-06-2002, 06:02 PM
Jargo, Hasbro even stated to Yakface and I think Rebelscum as well, that they thought the Imperial Dignitary was going to win. That was after they took a poll from the people that were in attendance at Cel2. I don't think you can say that they fixed the poll themselves. If that was true, then the Twi'lek Masseuse would have won the last poll, since it was the one that had someone stuffing the ballot box. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Hellboy
06-06-2002, 06:52 PM
I just don't understand why people want a EU figure when there are still so many great unproduced characters from the five films?

Dar' Argol
06-06-2002, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by Hellboy
I just don't understand why people want a EU figure when there are still so many great unproduced characters from the five films?

I want EU figs so Hasbro relizes there is a market out there for them. I have come across so many collectors that would Love a certain character from a mulitiude of books and comics. If Hasbro does not see the market for it now, then in 2007 or so when they run out of figs to make, except the ones only collectors would want, then they will stop the SW line. But, if they see a trend for EU figs, then they may continue to produce figs as long as they sell. I for one am all for EU! The more figs the better! ITS ALL STAR WARS, BABY!!!:D

A'Sharad Hett
06-06-2002, 10:54 PM
I agree, I don't know why some people are so against EU figs. I'll admit, its not the Star Wars thats comin out of Lucus's mind. But its new adventures that sometimes helps us fill in gaps and gives us something to hold us down while waiting for movies. and don't get me wrong, Imp. Dignitary is ok, but only to us, the collectors, this would be like another peg warmer I'm sure if it comes to kids. Which would they rather have, a dignitary, which I'm pretty sure wouldn't have any accesories, or a stormtrooper with a lightsaber and what looks like a cool riot shield? I have nothing against the unproduced characters from the 5 films, I just think to a kid alot would just seem... lame.

JediTricks
06-07-2002, 01:28 AM
I didn't get a chance to vote thanks to a problem with Hasbro getting my old username/password to me until days AFTER voting ended, but I definitely would have voted for the Concept Trooper. I think McQuarrie's earlier designs should definitely be made into SW figures, the designs there are just so fantastic (in both meanings!) and alive - the concept stormtrooper isn't just a regular stormtrooper with a lightsaber (and hopefully shield :D), it's a different look, a little more evil and Sci-Fi. I'd love to have concept figures of Vader, R2, and Chewie as well.

saladin
06-07-2002, 06:52 AM
I loved the Concept stormie looked, and i figured Reekin and Imp. Dig. will get madde any ways.

187-Maul
06-07-2002, 08:02 AM
I love the design of the concept stormtrooper and I too voted for him
I don't care if the figures are fro the movie or from something else (book, game etc.) as long as they look cool I want them:D

lunchymeatball
06-07-2002, 08:17 AM
I voted for the Dignitary because I think that all the choices were lame and I didn't have a dignitary as a kid so I picked the best of a bad bunch.
Wouldn't it better if Hasbro didnt chose the five to vote for but WE did, with a poll to decide the final 5. If everyone lists their top five then we will truly get the most popular figure.
Then with another poll to decide the final choice. Hey presto Fan Choice chosen by the fans
That way the figures most wanted by collectors will be made and we can truly feel like its a fans choice.
Rebel in Scout Trooper disguise is something I would never even thought of let alone voted for.

I'm all for a Krayt Dragon in the next film so I can then Hasbro can make it for me. :D

darth chuck
06-07-2002, 08:57 AM
This was the first fans choice poll that really surprised me. The others were all classic trilogy characters that had a pretty good following. Based on that and comments that I read in these forums, I was certain it would come down to dignitary/Rieekan.

As for the anti-EU attitudes, I think some of us are purists who would rather keep the EU figs separate from the real movie figs. I personally don't oppose the manufacture of EU figs, I just wish they would make them on separate cards like the first ones on the purple cards. That way, if someone wanted to collect them separately, fine, but they wouldn't be part of the movie collection.

I'm still buying a couple, though!

A'Sharad Hett
06-08-2002, 12:52 AM
some fan choice figures have been made even fter loosing right? wasn't eeth koth in the first fan choice poll?

JediTricks
06-08-2002, 12:56 AM
I don't think Eeth was on the original, but I don't remember very well.

Darth Chuck, the SAGA line, like the POTJ line, encompasses all of Star Wars, not just the movies. IMO, the Saga line would suffer if retailers were also getting a separate EU line because those retailers would probably split their Star Wars orders and shelf space between the 2 lines rather than just add more orders and shelves.

Beast
06-08-2002, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by JediTricks
I don't think Eeth was on the original, but I don't remember very well.
Yep he was, here was the previous three polls for your info, JT. :)

Fan Choice Figure Poll #1:
Amanaman
Bom Vimdin
Duros (Winner!!)
Eeth Koth
Teemto Pagalies

Fan Choice Figure Poll #2:
Admiral Ozzel
Amanaman (Winner!!)
Ben Quadinaros
Major Bren Derlin
Yarael Poof

Fan Choice Figure Poll #3:
Ephant Mon (Winner!!)
Even Piell
General Rieekan
R1-G4
Twi'lek Masseuse

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Old Fossil
06-08-2002, 11:30 AM
Man, that's two polls Rieekan's been in and lost. Maybe he'll get made, anyway, since Eeth Koth did. Just hope Rieekan's not in some ridiculous 'action' pose like Koth...

aikman
06-08-2002, 06:18 PM
Worst fan choice ever is right
There are many great unproduced characters from the five films but yet some fanboys get together and cram the vote box for a useless figure. Talk about pegwarmer, they will sell about 10 of these to the people that voted for it thats all.

Making EU figures is one thing, making concept figures is ridiculous. Those concept airspeeders and speeder bikes were crap, and sat on the shelves for years.
Market demand, I think not.
First figure what percent of star wars fans read the books/comics/production art book. Now take the subset of those
that actually collect all the figures. NOw take the subset of those that only buy select figures. See my point, they are pleasing very few (but vocal) with this fig.

I can picture it now "daddy what the heck is that", "I dont know son".

RE

I want EU figs so Hasbro relizes there is a market out there for them. I have come across so many collectors that would Love a certain character from a mulitiude of books and comics. If Hasbro does not see the market for it now, then in 2007 or so when they run out of figs to make, except the ones only collectors would want, then they will stop the SW line. But, if they see a trend for EU figs, then they may continue to produce figs as long as they sell. I for one am all for EU! The more figs the better! ITS ALL STAR WARS, BABY!!!

aikman
06-08-2002, 06:26 PM
Hey I got an idea, why dont we destroy this line by having ridiculous neon colored repaints like gijoe did, or better yet, lets make some cool new action figures like :
firefighter luke, or snowskier kenobi, how about parachuting qui gon. Lets not turn this into some crazy batman meets the adventure people line. Whats next, spidey on water skis and a beach ball, well, they did do that....

LTBasker
06-08-2002, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by aikman
lets make some cool new action figures like :
firefighter luke, or snowskier kenobi,

Remember Cold Weather Obi.....

Laserbrain
06-08-2002, 08:27 PM
I think the Stormtrooper with the saber in the concept painting is supposed to be Darth Vader. The Stormtroopers are the ones with the Roman army shields. Aw well, it's good for customs...

metaljedi
06-09-2002, 03:36 AM
Maybe they will just scrap the idea of this "concept" stormtrooper (you can't beat the Commtech one so why make another?) and actually make Rieekan and Admiral Ozzel instead. One can hope.

CooLJoE
06-09-2002, 04:18 AM
They better make the figure. I'm really looking forward to that concept stormtrooper.

Some of you forget that there are alot of stormtrooper fans out there. That alone will sell the figure. Plus it just looks damn cool.

Darth Cruel
06-09-2002, 03:02 PM
Relax everyone. They will all get made eventually. I am glad we have another concept (can't call it EU because it has never been an EU character) figure in the mix. It is a nice change from regular line and helps to give me confidence in knowing that the line will be around for a long time. I just hope they give him the correct name. I will find out what that is and get back to you all.