PDA

View Full Version : Can someone tell me why Kit Fisto has his own figure?

El_Pasty_Muchacho
06-06-2002, 06:15 PM
He knocks 3PO over and grins this nasty ugly grin, then runs away. Anyone else see the big deal? At least with Aura Sing she was an enigma...

LTBasker
06-06-2002, 06:16 PM
Well MIB II is coming out soon...

eliwankenobi
06-06-2002, 06:17 PM
For the same reason we have Djas Puhr, BoShek, Aurra Sing, Amanaman, etc., ect., ect.

jjreason
06-06-2002, 06:24 PM
We get a figure of Kit Fisto because he has a unique appearance that will appeal to kids. An "eye friendly unit shifter" as retailers would say. Anything bright green is bound to sell. Plus he whipped a little a** in AOTC.

darthvyn
06-06-2002, 06:26 PM
because of the grin... the GRIN i tells ya!

Hellboy
06-06-2002, 06:26 PM
Because he's a Jedi and we need all the Jedi made into figures

darthvyn
06-06-2002, 06:33 PM
so we can make anakin kill them all... mmmmmm, bloody massacre...

Mit_Othy
06-06-2002, 06:37 PM
For some reason I think Hasbro wanted to make as many Jedi out front as possible so that the little kiddies can re-enact the arena scene.
I don't mind Kit, I think he is a pretty cool figure.

Lord Tenebrous
06-06-2002, 06:38 PM
Kit got a generous amount of screen time. The figure is a little on the lean side, but he looks great.

The one I can't figure out is the Nikto. I still think kids would have rather had a Coleman Trebor who could "launch" Bultar Swan into battle. Okay, they're not that off-scale, but still... :D

RooJay
06-06-2002, 06:52 PM
Because he's a cool and cool-looking character, and by far most of us want him! I would even like to see another figure of Kit!

Darth Detori
06-06-2002, 06:54 PM
hey, I'm completely satisfied with the jedi offerings! The more the merrier

Brett3xmvpfavre
06-06-2002, 07:04 PM
Can someone tell me why Kit Fisto has his own figure?

awnser: he dose not like to share.
LOL

DarthBrandon
06-06-2002, 09:07 PM
What's wrong with Kit ? He's a jedi, He's funny looking, appeals to everyone in the kid bracket and some adults too. Plus we need all the jedi we can get so Vader can do some death,

plo koon 200
06-06-2002, 09:15 PM
I wish they made the Council guys like Oppis and also the guy shot by Jango. Kit is okay but I still do not like the roller thingy on his back. Habro should have made a better selection for Jedi I also think Nikto wasn't that great of a choice at least Luminara's detail is beautiful and amazing.

Beast
06-06-2002, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by plo koon 200
Kit is okay but I still do not like the roller thingy on his back.
Err? What roller thing on his back? :confused:

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-06-2002, 09:23 PM
Maybe he got Anakin and Kit mixed up . . . ?
But anywho, if Kit had selling appeal, could someone tell me why - and I swear this to God - there are at least 20 Kits, and some yahoo put them all in the same area.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-07-2002, 12:52 AM
Hey, Aurra Sang is a fox!!! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrowl!!! I wouldn't mind being hunted by her!!!

Plus, that scene with Kit is sweet. I think his grin is more giddy and "ha ha!" then nasty, but that's just me.

JediTricks
06-07-2002, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by Brett3xmvpfavre
Can someone tell me why Kit Fisto has his own figure?

awnser: he dose not like to share.
LOL *snicker* Tee hee hee! :D :D :D Good one!

Why did Hasbro make this guy, and in the first wave? Because he has a little more screen time than most of the background Jedi and he's an alien. Kit is shown fighting twice and standing around earlier in the film.

Count Dooku
06-07-2002, 01:46 AM
The real question is, is why are there a trillion of them out there? I swear I haven't been to a store yet that didn't have 30 of these guys. Until this is in the bargain bin for .50 cents, I ain't buying it because that is all it is worth.

Darth Yambag
06-07-2002, 02:29 AM
We need Coleman Trambor. He's more important...Jedi Council Member, and an attempt to kill Dooku. More pivotal and better looking.

Yet we need both. Anyone with a lightsaber is worth buying at least one sculpt of. (the first 5 maul's were ok, but it is getting rediculous)

bring on Bultar Swan

Jayspawn
06-07-2002, 04:00 AM
I don't mind the figure much. Just that he can't stand up very well.

DarthMaulSithLord
06-07-2002, 07:29 AM
KIt Fisto is a cool fig, too bad mine has some major issues! First of all, the damn magnet fell out, secondly, if it was in there it woulden't work anyway, because the hand is closed. And now that the magnet is gone, my fig has a hole in his hand. And if that wasn't enough, he also has a bit of plastic broken off on his side near his armpit. It is small, but it still sucks. And last but not least, there is a small black, but very noticeable, black spot on his saberblade.

This fig shoulden't have gotten past quality control!

Damn Hasbro!!!

If i see another i'm buying it and then i will return this one.

Still, he's superbly sculpted, but could have used a swiveljoint in his left elbow IMO.

:)

saladin
06-07-2002, 07:40 AM
he was in the movie a few seconds more than other jedi and he looks cool so they made him, that why we have him. I would love a coleman though. Who is Swan.

187-Maul
06-07-2002, 09:08 AM
I too loce the looks of Kit and the articulation is nice also on the figure and: the more jedi's the better

Master Goeweins
06-07-2002, 11:28 AM
They made him because he rocks. Plus, he was Mace Windu's padawan at one time, and secondly, he will serve as a General in the Clone Wars.
YOu can actually see him running in and leading a platoon of Clone Troopers in the end battles.
A toy figure, he is worthy of....

pthfnder89
06-07-2002, 02:42 PM
:D
Originally posted by saladin
he was in the movie a few seconds more than other jedi and he looks cool so they made him, that why we have him. I would love a coleman though. Who is Swan.

Bultar Swan is a young Jedi Knight. She is seen in a couple of shots; when the Jedi first enter the Arena and are igniting their ligthsabers, she is seeen next to Coleman Trebor (the dinosaur looking guy who later gets killed by Jango) She's also seen as one of the last few Jedi in the circle, surrounded by battle droids.

I just finished customizing my Kit figure and I think he turned out pretty well. I basically had to readjust his legs so that he is standing instead of doing the splits, and it wasn't easy.:)

I also changed the head tentacles so that they were draped behind his head like they're supposed to be, instead of flappin' in the breeze:D

TK421BB
06-07-2002, 04:03 PM
I wonder why they make some of these figures too. I mean I was watching the old trilogy movies and some of the characters in those movies have speaking roles and they don't have figures of them but they make figures for hammerhead and others that are just have about a 5 second spot in the movie. Just makes you wonder...

DarthBrandon
06-07-2002, 04:19 PM
Reason why they make these figures is for the collectors. Hammerhead, Bo Shek, Bossk, IG-88, various droids etc, are for the hardcore collectors who make Dioramas out of their toys. They also make these figures according to what they think will be popular with the kids. Trying to please both sides of the coin, which they can never do. What they need is individuals like us who never grew up fully, working for Hasbro.

jrviking07
06-08-2002, 12:07 AM
because he was there when mace windu was talking to palppy at the beging and the grin

Obi-Don
06-08-2002, 01:47 AM
He is just a good figure. I want more of the Jedi made. I also think it would be cool for Hasbro to make some of the other jedis that were fighting. Maybe a two pack or something like that.

karateyoda17
06-08-2002, 02:42 AM
Just be glad you got a Kit.