1. Dooku vs. Yoda
2. Vader vs. Luke (Death Star II)
3. Vader vs. Luke (Cloud City)
4. Dooku vs. Obi-Wan and Anakin
5. Vader vs. Obi-Wan
6. Obi-Wan vs. Maul
7. Maul vs. Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan
8. Maul vs. Qui-Gon (Tatooine)

I expect EIII to be even better, especially with the Anakin vs. Obi-Wan duel. :)

MikeAndTheBots
06-06-2002, 06:50 PM
1. Vader vs Luke (Bespin)
2. Vader vs. Luke (DS2)
3. Dooku vs. Yoda
4. Maul vs. Obi-Wan
5. Obi-wan and Anakin vs. Dooku
6. Obi-Wan and qui-gon vs. maul
7. Vader vs. Obi-Wan (DS)
8. Qui-Gon Vs Maul

scruffziller
06-06-2002, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by scruffziller
Okay we've seen the lightsaber duels.

1. Obi Wan- Maul-hangar
2. Obi-Wan Maul-Qui Gonn
3. Yoda-Dooku
4. Qui-Gonn-Maul
5Vader-Luke Death Star
6 Vader-Luke Bespin
7. Dooku-Anikin-Obi-Wan
8. Vader-Obi Wan.

I changed my rankings an edited my charchters, my bad.

DarthBrandon
06-06-2002, 07:17 PM
Who cares they are saving the best for last.

scruffziller
06-06-2002, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
1. Dooku vs. Yoda
2. Vader vs. Luke (Death Star II)
3. Vader vs. Luke (Cloud City)
4. Dooku vs. Obi-Wan and Anakin
5. Maul vs. Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan
6. Vader vs. Obi-Wan
7. Maul vs. Qui-Gon (Tatooine)

I expect EIII to be even better, especially with the Anakin vs. Obi-Wan duel. :)

Hey JARJAR, don'y forget the duel between Obi Wan and Maul seperately, that duel is THE BEST!!

scruffziller
06-06-2002, 07:20 PM
The Yoda-Dooku fight would have the best if it was longer, more detailed, and easier to see, it was rather dark. But it was still great.

scruffziller
06-06-2002, 07:23 PM
I think the prequels are showin alot more fire and intensity than the OT. Just listen to the sound of Maul weildling his blade it was tornadic almost. Vwomvwomvwoomvwoomvwoom!!!!!!!!!!

Beast
06-06-2002, 07:25 PM
Hey JARJAR, don'y forget the duel between Obi Wan and Maul seperately, that duel is THE BEST!!
I don't really consider that a seperate duel, since it's an extension of the Maul/Qui/Obi fight. But if I must give it a rating, I'll just update my list. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

MikeAndTheBots
06-06-2002, 07:57 PM
Well let's see, Vader was old and mainly machine in the OT, not that flexable, Obi-Wan was really old and out of practice. So that's why it was a bit slower, Luke was just under trained but he wasn't slow.

JediTricks
06-06-2002, 10:07 PM
2. Vader vs Luke (Endor)
3. Vader vs Obi-Wan (the asteroid field formerly known as "Alderraan")
4. Qui-Gon vs Maul (Tatooine)
5. Luke vs Vader Spirit (Dagobah)
6. Maul vs Obi-Wan (Naboo)
7. Obi-Wan vs Qui-Gon vs Maul (Naboo)
8. Yoda vs Dooku (Geonosis)
9. Obi-wan & Anakin vs Dooku (Geonosis)

I still think Obi-Wan was more of hinderance than help during the 3-way battle of Ep 1, QGJ handed Maul quite a few more quality attacks whenever Obi-Wan was out of the picture (till that fateful/convenient last shot ;)).

Personally, I like my saber battles with emotional context, for $25 I can see Ray Park whip a lightsaber around for 20 minutes and while it's interesting as a moviemaking technique and sort of as a ballet, it doesn't really move me like the emotional- and dialogue-driven battles.

scruffziller
06-06-2002, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by JediTricks
2. Vader vs Luke (Endor)
3. Vader vs Obi-Wan (the asteroid field formerly known as "Alderraan")
4. Qui-Gon vs Maul (Tatooine)
5. Luke vs Vader Spirit (Dagobah)
6. Maul vs Obi-Wan (Naboo)
7. Obi-Wan vs Qui-Gon vs Maul (Naboo)
8. Yoda vs Dooku (Geonosis)
9. Obi-wan & Anakin vs Dooku (Geonosis)

I still think Obi-Wan was more of hinderance than help during the 3-way battle of Ep 1, QGJ handed Maul quite a few more quality attacks whenever Obi-Wan was out of the picture (till that fateful/convenient last shot ;)).

Personally, I like my saber battles with emotional context, for $25 I can see Ray Park whip a lightsaber around for 20 minutes and while it's interesting as a moviemaking technique and sort of as a ballet, it doesn't really move me like the emotional- and dialogue-driven battles.
Hey Jedi Tricks, why rating Yoda-Dooku so low? Was it for the same reason, I said it was not #1 on my list?

scruffziller
06-06-2002, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks

I don't really consider that a seperate duel, since it's an extension of the Maul/Qui/Obi fight. But if I must give it a rating, I'll just update my list. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

You know what Jar Jar, I better put my money where my mouth is.:) I should also make the duel of Dooku-Anikin and Obi Wan-Dooku and I think there was a point where they were fighting simeoutaneously. I haven't watched it enough to remember.
But really, I have to say that the Obi Wan-Qui Gonn-Maul fight was a clear, distint sepreate duel, even though it does spill on over... oh but then again there was a point where it was just Qui Gonn and Maul in the hangar. I do this because I SAVOR EVERY MOMENT OF IT!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D :crazed: :crazed: :crazed:

JediTricks
06-07-2002, 03:00 AM
Hey Jedi Tricks, why rating Yoda-Dooku so low? Was it for the same reason, I said it was not #1 on my list? Although all the reasons you gave (it should have been longer, more detailed, and easier to see since it was rather dark) are all things I feel as well, that can also be said for the Obi-Wan/Anakin/Dooku battle(s). For me, the Yoda saber battle sorta betrayed what Yoda meant to me in a very crass way - Yoda looked less like the wise Jedi teacher who said "wars not make one great", and more like a leapfrog on a hot-plate.

saladin
06-07-2002, 07:23 AM
To me it just showed that he knew he had to protect his fellow jedi and do what he must, not to mention he so intune with the force he was the man.

saladin
06-07-2002, 07:28 AM
1.Yoda-Dooku
2.Vader-Luke(Bes)
3.Vader-Luke(DS2)
4.Obi-Wan &Qui-Gon-Maul(i'm saying the whole battle since i can't decied)
And for me it ties with
4.Obi & Anni-Dooku
5.Obi-Vader
6.Luke-Vader(Dag)

Darkross
06-07-2002, 10:43 AM
1. Obi-Wan vs. Maul (AWESOME! - Too bad it couldn't have been longer)
2. Anakin vs. Dooku (Although short...still cool with two lightsabers)
3. Qui-Gon vs. Maul vs. Obi-Wan (I loved how Maul kept these guys at bay)
4. Vader vs. Luke (Bespin)
5. Dooku vs. Obi-Wan
6. Vader vs. Luke (DS II)
7. Qui-Gon vs. Maul
8. Yoda vs. Dooku (Yoda bouncing off the walls was dumb in my book!)
9. Vader vs. Obi-Wan (First duel we ever saw, thus it lacked alot of intensity and excitement)
10. Soon to be #1 (Episode III Duel with Anakin vs. Obi-Wan) It will be AWESOME! (At least it better be!)

derek
06-07-2002, 11:35 AM
my favorite duel is the vader and luke duel on bespin. the two of them aren't the best sowardsmen, but it was very well done.

best fight would definately be obi-wan vs. maul. simply outstanding.

worst editing would be obi-wan vs. dooku. simply horrible job george. anyone notice about 2 seconds into the duel, dooku express his disapointment with obi-wan's skills? that's something he should of said later on, which leads me to believe a major part of this duel was snipped for time's sake.
it's impossible to know how good this duel was, because of the horrible editing.

scruffziller
06-07-2002, 12:08 PM
Yea and I had heard about a year ago that there was going to be 2 major!! saber battles for EPS 2 that were going to make EPS 1 duel look like kiddie scrapping. What a dissapointment. For such a major improvement on the movie as a whole on AOTC, TPM's lightsaber dules are the best of all time but the least of all the movies. Rather weird there George. Maybe George just didn't have as much energy to concentrate on all aspects, I think we probably rushed him, we should have given him 4 year gaps between movies, but we probably would have still found things wrong with it.

karateyoda17
06-07-2002, 02:35 PM
Ok
1. Maul v.s Qui Gon v.s Obi Wan
2. Vader v.s Luke (bespin)
3. Vader v.s Luke (Death Star 2)
4. Dooku v.s Yoda
5. Dooku v.s Anakin
6. Dooku v.s Obi Wan
7. Luke v.s Vaders spirit (dagobah)
8. Obi Wan v.s Maul
9. Qui Gon v.s Maul (Tattione)
10. Obi v.s Vader

stillakid
06-07-2002, 05:39 PM
Although all the reasons you gave (it should have been longer, more detailed, and easier to see since it was rather dark) are all things I feel as well, that can also be said for the Obi-Wan/Anakin/Dooku battle(s). For me, the Yoda saber battle sorta betrayed what Yoda meant to me in a very crass way - Yoda looked less like the wise Jedi teacher who said "wars not make one great", and more like a leapfrog on a hot-plate.

I'll back that comment up. While it's (Yippee!) fun to watch Yoda in action, it went a bit overboard into downright silliness. But, this is a "kids" movie afterall :rolleyes:.

scruffziller
06-07-2002, 10:26 PM
STILLAKID NOWONDER YOU ARE A SITH LORD!!!!!
AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

scruffziller
06-07-2002, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by karateyoda17
Ok
1. Maul v.s Qui Gon v.s Obi Wan
2. Vader v.s Luke (bespin)
3. Vader v.s Luke (Death Star 2)
4. Dooku v.s Yoda
5. Dooku v.s Anakin
6. Dooku v.s Obi Wan
7. Luke v.s Vaders spirit (dagobah)
8. Obi Wan v.s Maul
9. Qui Gon v.s Maul (Tattione)
10. Obi v.s Vader

AH MAN!! Y"ALL I forgot Luke vs Vader Dark Spirit!!!! yea thanx!!!!!!!:crazed:

SithDroid
06-07-2002, 10:40 PM
1. Yoda - Dooku
2. Obi Wan- Maul-hangar
3. Vader-Luke Bespin
4. Vader-Luke Death Star
5. Vader-Obi Wan
6. Obi-Wan Maul-Qui Gonn
7. Dooku-Anikin-Obi-Wan
8. Qui-Gonn-Maul

JediTricks
06-07-2002, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by saladin
To me it just showed that he knew he had to protect his fellow jedi and do what he must, not to mention he so intune with the force he was the man. I understand what you're saying, but to me, Yoda shouldn't have been on Geonosis at all, then there was no reason to make him the battlefield general, which means he never should have been in a place to battle Dooku anyway, and I didn't really get that feeling of Yoda being in tune with the Force - it seemed to me more like the ridiculous leaping around from the Muppet character of Sir Didymus in Labyrinth (it's a fairly specific scene that feels cartoony even though it's a real muppet). So I hope that better-explains what I was getting at for you. :)

Quote: Originally posted by karateyoda17
...(end Quote)

AH MAN!! Y"ALL I forgot Luke vs Vader Dark Spirit!!!! yea thanx!!!!!!!:crazed:
HEY!!! I said it first (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=103947#post103947)! :D

bigbarada
06-09-2002, 11:35 AM
Um let's see:

1. Yoda vs. Dooku (Totally awesome! Seemed out of character when I read about it; but after seeing it, I think it has become Yoda's character more than anything else. Oops, I'm gonna get it for that one.)
2. Maul vs. Obi-Wan (You can just feel the hatred between these two!)
3. Luke vs. Vader (ESB - very emotionally charged except for that horrible face Luke makes when Vader tells him whose his daddy)
4. Anakin vs. Dooku (the two saber thing is just too cool!)

Lightsaber duels have never really been all that interesting to me ('seen one, seen 'em all' kind of thing), I tend to prefer the starship combat and ground battle kind of stuff. However those four above stand out as interesting to me for reasons of emotional impact or just plain awesome eye-candy. Hey, nobody said I had to be relevant (besides why should I start now?).;)

DeadEye
06-09-2002, 03:57 PM
1. Rassick vs. Deadeye in the exploding factory (read DeadEye's Star Wars story)
2. Yoda vs. Dooku
3. Obi-Wan vs. Darth Maul
4. Anakin vs. Dooku
5. Luke vs. Vader in ROTJ
6. Luke vs. Vader in ESB

scruffziller
06-09-2002, 08:55 PM
I understand what you're saying, but to me, Yoda shouldn't have been on Geonosis at all, then there was no reason to make him the battlefield general, which means he never should have been in a place to battle Dooku anyway, and I didn't really get that feeling of Yoda being in tune with the Force - it seemed to me more like the ridiculous leaping around from the Muppet character of Sir Didymus in Labyrinth (it's a fairly specific scene that feels cartoony even though it's a real muppet). So I hope that better-explains what I was getting at for you. :)

HEY!!! I said it first (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=103947#post103947)! :D

Oh sorry man, I didn't see it when you put it there.:crazed:

die-jarjar-die
06-09-2002, 09:10 PM
1. Anakin vs Dooku (geonosis- strobing effect)

I'll put that at the top as I really liked the atmosphere that was created by only really seeing the characters when sabers were raised or clashed)

2. Luke vs Vader (Bespin)

3. Luke vs Vader (DS2)

4. Obi vs Maul (Naboo Power Core)

4. Yoda vs Dooku (geonosis)

5. Qui Gon vs Maul (Naboo Power Core)

6. Luke vs Spirit Vader (Dagobah)

7. Obi vs Dooku (geonosis)

8. Obi + Qui Gon vs Maul (Naboo Hangar)

9. Qui Gon vs Maul (Tatooine)

10. Vader vs Old Ben (DS1)

2-1B
06-09-2002, 09:10 PM
I'm not going to rank them, but I can say that I also like dialogue to be involved. :) AOTC could have used a lot more of it, IMO (perhaps some of the Dooku convo with a captured Obi would have fit nicely in a saber fight?)

So while I am unimpressed by the physicality of the ANH fight, there is some nice dialogue in there to keep my interest.

jjreason
06-10-2002, 12:50 AM
Luke vs Darth on Bespin is the best, because it's such a juxtaposition of master and student. Luke desparately pulling all of his training together just to stay with Darth - and Vader barely working at all to press his son backward. Then the revelation. Wow.
Second, I have the whole Obi Wan, Qui Gon, Maul sequence. T, the duelling was fast and furious but what makes it magic is seeing Obi Wan seethe after Maul sneers at him over his fallen master. Super intense.
Luke against Darth round II is great as it's in stark contrast to Bespin. Luke in much more control, calmer. Continually using his powers to reach out to his father and attempt to sway him - all under Palpatine's watchful (and rather jaundiced) eye.
The AOTC battles were shorter, and somewhat odd. Dooku makes short work of the two young men and then Yoda flies around like a "frog on a hotplate" to tune him in.
In my martial arts training, my teacher has always told us that you can't fight outside your body's limits. Im not going to be doing any spinning heel kicks to the head in this lifetime, so why did they make Yoda do so many things that his body didn't look natural doing? Great controlled fighters look effortless. Yoda looked like a super ball. The battle between Yoda and Dooku should have had the two fairly matched with blades, then Yoda finally winning by using the force to overpower Dooku with flying objects (or the like) as Vader did to the much weaker Luke. It started out with so much promise - the catching and deflection of the dark side lightning and the holding up of the ceiling - then it got a wee bit silly. Yoda does rock, but now we'll always know he's just playing possum by walking around with the cane like that.

bigbarada
06-10-2002, 04:09 AM
That's what so awesome about Yoda, he deliberately allows his enemies to underestimate him and allows their arrogance to get the best of them. Yoda was always intended to be a master swordsman, the original treatments and draft of ESB had him staging a mock lightsaber duel with Ben and showing Luke just how powerful in the Force he really was.

From the annotated screenplay (note: Yoda was originally named Minch Yoda and the first draft referred to him almost exclusively as Minch):

"In the first draft Luke thinks he has come to the wrong place and gets ready to leave. Minch reveals that he taught Ben, and to convince Luke of his power, he grabs Luke's lasersword and calls Ben; Obi-Wan appears, and the two Jedi begin to fence. Finally, Luke sees that Minch is clearly better and even more powerful than Ben."

So the only reason that we don't see Yoda fighting before Ep2 is because there would have been no way to pull it off in 1980 or in 1983. I'm sure that after I have seen the battle a couple more times I will understand this silliness factor that many complain about; but I will still always love that duel.:)

Oh yeah, I have to add the ROTJ duel between Vader and Luke to my list. I don't know why I left it off.:o As for emotional impact, I would rate it at #1, as for eye-candy factor I rate it at #3 on that list.

2-1B
06-10-2002, 05:48 AM
Yea and I had heard about a year ago that there was going to be 2 major!! saber battles for EPS 2 that were going to make EPS 1 duel look like kiddie scrapping. What a dissapointment.

Yes, I know exactly what you mean. :)
I felt the same way after seeing AOTC, "gee, I thought the saber battles would be a little more prevalent."

But as I thought more about it, I think they were referring to the Dooku/Obi/Ani/Yoda stuff in addition to all the saber activity in the arena.
I still think it was kinda misleading, because when someone mentions TPM saber battles, I don't think about all the droids that Obi and Qui take care of . . . just Tatooine and the 3 way fight on Naboo.
Ultimately, I do admit that AOTC delivered more spectacular saber battles than TPM, though not in the way I anticipated/interpreted. :frus:

Did anyone else get that impression? Or did you see it differently from me? :)

bigbarada
06-10-2002, 06:59 AM
I'm glad that AOTC focused on a different type of action than just a bunch of saber battles. Like I said before, seen one you've pretty much seen them all.

sideswipe1984
06-11-2002, 08:00 AM
1)Vader/Luke (Bespin) - to me, one of the defining moments of both my childhood, and the SW franchise. Not overly flashy, most of the appeal of this duel is the dark surroundings and the cerebral goings on.

2)Maul/Obi-Wan/Qui-Gon - I won't divide this up into two separate fights. This was just awe-inspiring when you consider the choregraphy we had been accustomed to for lightsaber duels. I am not sure we will see anything this dynamic again in a SW film. The choreography between Obi-Wan/Anakin/Dooku was very weak compared to this - probably my one disappointment with AOTC. I still get goosebumps watching this on DVD.

3)Yoda/Dooku - what can I say? Truly hilarious/remarkable at the same time. The only shortcoming was that the duration was far too abbreviated.

4)Luke/Vader (DS2) - The payoff for the saga. Luke has truly become a Jedi, and his skills have apparently surpassed even Vaders. Once again, another milestone of my childhood.

5)Ben/Vader (DS1) - When taken in retrospect, it was the cheesiest of the bunch. You have an old man, and a guy in a cumbersome costume, feebly dueling. This was all about the banter between the two, and the obvious history that they had shared. The sacrifice Ben makes at the end is still chilling.

6)Obi-Wan/Anakin/Dooku - As I said above; Truly disappointing for me. We see such a dynamic fighter in Obi-Wan in TPM, then 10 yars later, he looks pathetic. I know this was probably done to drive home how powerful Dooku was, but I felt a little empty after this duel. Both Anakin and Obi-Wan battled for a grand total of like 30 seconds. I sincerely hope the DVD version is 5 minutes longer.

I won't even really classify the Qui-Gon/Maul Tatooine duel, as that never really seemed like a full-fledged duel to me.

chewiegurl1138
06-11-2002, 12:02 PM
1. Vader vs Luke (DS2)- You guys MUST admit that Luke's anger vs Vader on the DS is SCARY! The way he charges and just swings his saber...oh, the excitement!!!! :crazed:

2. Dooku vs Yoda- Yoda is awesome too, but that was WAY TOO SHORT!!!

3. Obi and Qui-Gon vs Maul- I agree with sideswipe1984. The duel is awesomely choreographed and the music is the best!

4. Obi and Ani vs Dooku- I love how the blue and red light from the sabers show on Ani and Dooku's faces... but then they don't show much of the fight at all. The sequence with Anakin and two blades is WAY TOO SHORT!

5. Vader vs Luke (Bespin)- Of course it defines the saga but eh...

6. Vader vs. Ben- not very elaborate, but kinda funny when they talk back to eachother... and sad when ben dies

7. Maul vs Qui-Gonn- too short and there's no real substance/point.

Can't wait til Episode 3!!! :D

pthfnder89
06-11-2002, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by sideswipe1984
2)Maul/Obi-Wan/Qui-Gon - I won't divide this up into two separate fights. This was just awe-inspiring when you consider the choregraphy we had been accustomed to for lightsaber duels. I am not sure we will see anything this dynamic again in a SW film. The choreography between Obi-Wan/Anakin/Dooku was very weak compared to this - probably my one disappointment with AOTC. I still get goosebumps watching this on DVD.

I think this one hits my number one spot, just because I'm a sucker for a well choreographed fight scene. The only problem I have with it is that it didn't mean anything; I didn't have any connection to any of the 3 characters so I didn't really cared who lived and who died.

Whereas the Bespin Duel was less impressive in the technical aspects, but there were so many emotional currents running through it that it was riveting. The TPM fight just didn't have any emotion at all (until the final Obiwan-Maul bit where Obi Wan was just ****ED!:D)

I remember a really funny quote I heard right after TPM came out. I was at the Plano SciFi Expo and these two guys were comparing all the lightsaber duels in the 4 flims. One of them said he liked the TPM duel and this great big fat guy he was talking to scoffed at him and said that was the lamest one of them all.

I stepped in and told him I thought the choreography was amazing and it was the best part of the movie. He laughed again and said "Anyone one who has seen a couple of Bruce Lee movies could do just as well."

I was amazed at how this 300lb. guy who probably hasn't done anything useful in his life could just belittle the obvious skill of others. But then again I don't know why it surprised me; I've had many similar conversations with similar retards like that guy over the years.:rolleyes:

sideswipe1984
06-11-2002, 01:23 PM
I am a martial arts instructor, and have been doing demos for years. I can tell you that it takes weeks of practice to choreograph a mock fight that well for UNARMED combat. Throw weapons into the mix and you make things that much more involved (and dangerous). It is not a matter of "watching a couple of Bruce Lee films, and then going out in the backyard and reproducing them" as this portly fellow thought. But I am not surprised at such buffoonery - it seems the world is full of guys like that.

Lobito
07-04-2002, 05:44 PM
Here goes:

1.- Ob1 vs. Darth Maul...you cant beat this one.
2.- Qui Gon Jinn-Ob1 vs. Darth Maul...
3.- Qui Gon Jinn vs. Darth Maul (Theed)
4.- Qui Gon Jinn vs. Darth Maul (Tatooine)
5.- Anakin vs. Darth Tyranus...This fight was awesome also, specially the part on which Anakin is fighting with 2 sabers...i really thought he was going to kick Dooku's butt...instead Anakin suffered a humiliating defeat...kinda like when Tyson lost against Lennox Lewis...i have nothing against Lennox, its just that i thought Tyson was going to win that one.
6.- Yoda vs. Darth Tyranus...what can i say..."Size matters not"
7.- Ob1 vs. Darth Tyranus...(Ob1 fought incredibly well against Darth Maul, which IMO was by far a superior fighter than Count Dooku, sadly he was no match for Dooku)
8.- Mace Windu vs. Jango Fett...i know i know...Jango had no saber, but i just liked the way they fought untill a sleepy hollow flashback came to mind...
9.- Luke Skywalker vs. Darth Vader (ROTJ)...this one has a very special place in every SW fan...i mean...we all thought Vader was invincible...we somehow knew that Luke was gonna win that one...the question was how...then the battle with the Emperor...pure poetry!!
10.- Luke Skywalker vs. Darth Vader (ESB)...The most dramatic event in all the saga...
11.- Ob1 vs. Jango Fett...again...Jango had no saber, but it was a good fight!!
12.- Ob1 vs. Darth Vader (ANH)...THE INTRODUCTION...the way it all started...we have to credit that.
13.- Luke Skywalker vs. Boba Fett...huh??? whats this???
14.- Luke Skywalker vs. Darth Vader (ESB...Dagobah)...Luke's worst nightmare.

Thats all folks...we are still expecting for the best in EP III...though Ray Park would hardly loose the No. 1 spot.:D

LTBasker
07-04-2002, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by Lobito
8.- Mace Windu vs. Jango Fett...i know i know...Jango had no saber, but i just liked the way they fought untill a sleepy hollow flashback came to mind...

Well Sleepy Hollow did have Christopher Lee, Ian McD(whatever) and Ray Park as the stunt man for the Headless Horseman. :cool:

Lobito
07-04-2002, 05:50 PM
Hehehehe...he got chopped twice...TPM and SH!!!

DeadEye
07-04-2002, 07:02 PM
Actually, Dooku is a far better fighter than Maul. Dooku would just block and parry Maul's attacks and thrust his saber into Maul's chest. :D

Obi-Don
07-04-2002, 10:51 PM
To me the Vader vs Luke on the deathstar has the most meaning so far.
Yoda vs Dooku was really good too. I'm looking forward to the battle between Obi-Wan a nd Anikin.That should be a good one.

187-Maul
07-05-2002, 02:18 PM
I 'll only list a few so here goes

1. Maul/Obi-wan
2. Vader/Luke (Bespin)
3. Anakin/Dooku (the lighteffect is just awesome and of course the 2 sabers)
4. Yoda/Dooku (when I saw it the first time, I thought it was the best duel ever, but after seeing it a couple more times it gets kinda boring)
5. Obi-Wan/Maul/Qui-Gon (one sith against two jedis and he still makes it, at least till he dies:D)

I just love lightsaber fights

DarthBatman
07-05-2002, 05:36 PM
1. Luke vs. Vader, ESB
2. Luke vs. Vader, ROTJ
3. Obi Wan vs. Maul, TPM
4. Obi Wan vs. Vader, ANH
5. Anakin vs. Dooku, AOTC
6. Yoda vs. Dooku, AOTC
7. Obi Wan vs. Dooku, AOTC

I, too, like my battles with more emotional impact. I rank Obi Wan vs. Vader so high because I like the dialogue in it ("I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine").

mini-rock
09-02-2002, 01:35 AM
Luke vs. Vader on the 2nd Death Star was the most emotional, but the Duel of the Fates was off the coolness factor scale completely. Both are my #1 favorites.

tagmac
09-02-2002, 06:09 PM
1. Obi Wan vs. Maul
2. Luke vs. Vader (ESB)
3. Yoda vs. Dooku
4. Obi-Wan/Qui-Gon vs. Maul
5. Luke vs. Vader (ROTJ)
6. Ben vs. Vader
7. Qui-Gon vs. Maul (Tatooine)
8. Anakin vs. Dooku
9. Obi Wan vs. Dooku

However, I expect the real #1 duel to eventually be Anakin vs. Obi-Wan, with Anakin vs. Dooku a close 1A.

Darth Marra 54
09-02-2002, 07:30 PM
6. Obi, Anakin vs. Dooku
5.Obi vs. Vader
4.Vader vs. Luke 2 (rematch on the death star)
3.Maul vs. Obi, Qui gon
2.Luke vs. Vader (ESB)
1. Yoda vs. Dooku

Nebulaz
09-02-2002, 07:42 PM
The Yoda-Dooku fight would have the best if it was longer, more detailed, and easier to see, it was rather dark. But it was still great.

I dont agree with the yoda-dooku battle. I think it is overrated. I feel that it shows a commercialized attempt at bringing yoda into the war when he doesnt believe in fighting at all. besides its to fake for me. I like it when they show close ups showing the emotions the actors are going thru during the fight.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-02-2002, 07:44 PM
1. Yoda vs. Dooku
2. Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon vs. Darth Maul
3. Luke vs. Vader (Bespin)
4. Obi-Wan and Anakin vs. Dooku
5. Luke vs. Vader (Endor)
6. Obi-Wan vs. Vader

The Overlord Returns
09-03-2002, 06:27 PM
Hmmm....

1. Luke vs. Vader (esb) - the main thing here is overall importance. The emotions are running high for obvious reasons. The entire fight is shot as if the revelation will come at any moment, ie: it's building constantly. No duel had greater meaning.

2. Luke vs. Vader (rotj) - Close second in terms of importance. The emotions are incredibly high, and the score is incredible.

3. Obi Wan vs. Maul - again, high emotions. This is the duel where Obi Wan prooves himself as a jedi knight, and crosses over, if only for a brief while, to the dark side ( fear, anger, blah, blah). It's also incredibly cool.

4. Obi and Qui Gon vs. Maul - amazingly shot. Very tense, as if something horrible will happen at any moment, also the first real glimpse of what a jedi can do in a major duel.

5. yoda vs. Dooku - again, really cool. The only thing is, once you get past the thrill of seeing get down with the saber dueling, there isn't much to it and it is too short.

6. maul vs. qui gon - cool, quick little glimpse at whats to come later.

7. Dooku vs. Obi wan - too short, and not nearly psychological enough. I envisioned this, and the ani fight, as much more like what goes on on the second death star. More talking was needed.

8. Dooku vs. Anakin - see above.

9. Obi Wan vs. Darth Vader - while I'm sure this duel will mean MUCH more after ep 3, right now it's just an old man and a lumbering cyborg taking feeble swipes at each other.

DeadEye
09-03-2002, 07:01 PM
Overlord, your list is very good, and I especially agree with your #10! :D

Dark Lord Kakorotto
09-30-2002, 07:30 PM
Yoda vs. Dooku is by far the best. If ESB and ROTJ had had as good technology as Yoda vs. Dooku they would be first. But Yoda is one of the coolest characters ever created and Chris Lee is beyond words. Thinking of that fight seen sends chills up my spine.