PDA

View Full Version : Thrawn's Just the Faqs?

Sidiously Darth
06-06-2002, 09:59 PM
Since Saga is the current line, I decided to put this post here.

What is up with these people and their useless questions? Everytime Thrawn puts up his top 5 questions, it's all about is this worth something or is this more rare. Get a clue people! 99% of the Saga line will never be rare or of any considerable value. A bubble change here, a new sticker there, some new paint or head looking in a new direction does not constitute substantial value.

Please start asking relevant questions!!!

Darth Annexis
06-06-2002, 10:06 PM
AMEN !!!! HALLELUJAH !!!!

Beast
06-06-2002, 10:08 PM
I think Thrawn should start doing the same thing they do over at Yakface. Not answering any questions about how much stuff is worth. If people want to know stuff like that, they should buy a price guide from their local comic shop. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

swfanatic
06-06-2002, 10:17 PM
Considering that Thrawn posts the errors he finds on eBay immediately after posting a news story about them... I think he cares very much about what things are worth.

JediTricks
06-07-2002, 01:13 AM
Thrawn doesn't go trolling ebay for variations/errors, he's got a ton of them filling up his harddrive.

He doesn't post all these errors because he cares about the aftermarket value, he does it to show off the lack of quality control at Hasbro (which has been getting WAY worse in the past few months than ever before). However, he posts legitimate variations for variation collectors - while that's not usually my cup of tea, I know a lot of folks who base their collections around variations.

Many of the emails I've seen for Thrawn are questions trying to be sneaky in getting him to somehow endorse/promote some error or variation as the next big thing so that emailer's ebay auction will get some sort of authenticity. It's very lame, "How rare is such-and-such?" seems to be shorthand for "well, I have it up here on my auction so you can tell everybody how great it is" and "What can you tell me about this item?" equals "I need you to secretly endorse my auction".

2-1B
06-07-2002, 04:56 AM
I love how blunt Thrawn is when answering certain questions, it's pretty refreshing! Thrawn should be given Sansweet's Q&A duties - scratch that, I don't think he would be able to puff Hasbro's merch. :D

swfanatic
06-07-2002, 06:45 AM
He doesn't post all these errors because he cares about the aftermarket value...

BUT, he does post HIS errors trying to raise their visibility (and value) before putting them on eBay.

One example is the R2 with No Centipedes.

He put this up on SSG as a huge AOTC error, then put it up on eBay a few minutes later.

I guess he only hypes what he owns (and can sell).

In the stock world this is called Pump-and-Dump... its illegal.

saladin
06-07-2002, 06:49 AM
Thrans the man.

icatch9
06-07-2002, 07:43 AM
I agree that Thrawn does know a ton, and he put a lot of work into knowing all the little changes Hasbro makes. Still, what does he know that Sansweet doesn't? Nothing againt Thrawn, but Sansweet is "The Man"! I think Sansweet does a good job of not answering questions about price or value. He too, doesn't do it for the $$$ even though he gets paid by LFL to play with Star Wars stuff :). What a lucky man:)

JediTricks
06-21-2002, 11:01 PM
BTW, this is a thread where the folks asking these questions are under fire. Just thought I'd point that out. ;)

ChemOx
06-21-2002, 11:17 PM
I dont mind Thrawn's five.......but I wish it was more like Thrawn's 10 or 15.

Wolfwood319
06-22-2002, 02:57 PM
Why do people who point out how Thrawn posts "errors" then posts them on ebay get banned? Is there some secret, underhanded elitest conspiracy going on at SSG's?

Beast
06-22-2002, 03:00 PM
I think it's the same guy from POTF2 that has a personal grudge against SSG. His other user ID got banned, and looks like he came back and got banned again.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

jobi
06-22-2002, 03:06 PM
WOLFWOOD319 HAS FIGURED IT OUT! uhoh

wolfwood319

Never again shall we be questioned. MUHAHAHAHAHA!!!

:D :D :D

Lord Tenebrous
06-22-2002, 03:25 PM
I agree with Sidiously's initial post, if the most frequently-asked questions are about value and rarity, then Thrawn has every right to answer in a snide, "you type of collectors are scum" tone.

This is stuff you can research and read yourself, that's why I never send questions in.

I'd much rather Thrawn switch over to 1-2 questions along with a mini-feature, maybe a "...if they were Saga" segment, where old figures are given wacky features, like "Yakface with claw-slashing action!" or "Garindan with quick-draw commlink!"

You know, in the name of cynical reasoning. ;)

Jargo
06-22-2002, 03:37 PM
Oh Lordy, you gone and done a big avitar of da ducky dude from dat star horse movee. Pedro-bill....

Actually the pic makes him look like a clown. I want a figure of Pablo-Jill with waddling action and force quacking feature. That'd be sure to get a huge amount on EBAY in the future five minutes after it was rumoured. God bless Hasbro and all who sail in her.

BlahBlahBlah
06-22-2002, 04:11 PM
Dude, that freaks the hell out of me Jargo. I've never seen that before. I saw the one from the Jedi files this morning, but not that one.

That just makes him even scarier! :eek:

SuperBattleDroid88
06-22-2002, 08:31 PM
Looks like his head was put on upside down!!! :crazed:

JediTricks
06-25-2002, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by Wolfwood319
Why do people who point out how Thrawn posts "errors" then posts them on ebay get banned? Is there some secret, underhanded elitest conspiracy going on at SSG's? I don't know the details for sure, but I believe JJB is correct. The only poster who has brought this up and was then banned was banned for being the guy who spammed these forums in the past - it had nothing to do with Thrawn at all. Email SirSteve, he might be able to clear this up better.

Tenebrous, be careful what you wish for. :D

Jargo, Pablo Jill is quite freaky indeed! BTW, someone suggested that South Park spoof Anakin being played by a Canadian in Ep 2 by having the Anakin character have SP-related "Canadian" physical qualities (different features, flopping head). You planning on giving that a shot before Matt & Trey get there? ;)

LTBasker
06-25-2002, 01:53 AM
Pablo Jill IMO, looks alot like the alien assassin from 'The Last Starfighter'. Although I haven't seen it in a while so I can't recall clearly.

Beast
06-25-2002, 02:04 AM
Originally posted by LTBasker
Pablo Jill IMO, looks alot like the alien assassin from 'The Last Starfighter'. Although I haven't seen it in a while so I can't recall clearly.
That would be a Zandozan. I am working on digging up a picture, but they seem to have pictures of everything on line but it. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

2-1B
06-25-2002, 02:20 AM
Yup, now that Basker mentions it, it does remind me of the Zandozan. I watched Last Starfighter last year, it's not that clear in my mind but I think the two are similar. :)

Jargo
06-26-2002, 06:40 AM
Jargo, Pablo Jill is quite freaky indeed! BTW, someone suggested that South Park spoof Anakin being played by a Canadian in Ep 2 by having the Anakin character have SP-related "Canadian" physical qualities (different features, flopping head). You planning on giving that a shot before Matt & Trey get there? ;)
Hmmm, I did plan on doing a few with Terrence and Philip qualities, the flipping head is a problem for me though as the programme I'm using to make the animations has no rotate image feature or layers ability. But it does provide an interesting challenge. I'll see if I can achieve it. be cool to get there before matt and Trey. :)

Oh yeah, Thrawn.... yadda yadda yadda, just the FAQ's, blah blah blah....... jar Jar..... waffle waffle waffle...... OUTSTANDING! blather blather blather........ ;)