PDA

View Full Version : POTJ EP1 figs are so cheap and crappy



BillyJAck
06-07-2002, 01:32 AM
I just aquired abunch of the Episode 1 POTJ figures. They are so much cheaper looking and compared to the original trilogy figures from the potj line they suck. I'm talking Amidal Theed, Coruscant Guard, Fode and Breed. Look at BoShek and Tessek and compare them to these three. They are terrible. Very cheap feeling so is Mas Amedda, Tusken Raider sniper. Its like these got made in two different places or something.

billy

Taichi
06-07-2002, 07:00 AM
Well, the early POTJ figures were just 'leftovers' from the Episode I line.....and POTFII line......

so, they just went with the designs they already had ready to go.......

it wasn't until later that POTJ got their own sculpts, and truly broke away as THE best Star Wars line.......IMHO......

QLD
06-08-2002, 05:10 PM
I think the Coruscant Guard is an excellent figure.

BillyJAck
06-08-2002, 05:12 PM
he's very cool indeed(holding him now) but i only have problem with his arms they suck. thats all. I'm way to picky.lol

billy

bigbarada
06-23-2002, 11:53 AM
I think the release of 300th Boba is when POTJ really came into it's own, after they flushed out all the leftover Ep1 and POTF2 CTC designs. After that we got Bespin Capture Han, IG-88, Mechanic Chewie, Bespin Escape Leia and tons of great figures with only the occassional stinker.

2-1B
06-23-2002, 01:13 PM
BillyJAck, didn't you recently post that you only collect the rare and hard to find figures? How does that explain Tusken Sniper? :confused:

:)

Rogue II
06-23-2002, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Caesar
BillyJAck, didn't you recently post that you only collect the rare and hard to find figures? How does that explain Tusken Sniper? :confused:

:)

He posts a lot of things.:rolleyes: ;)

Jayspawn
06-23-2002, 11:57 PM
Sorry BillyJAck. But Amidala Theed Invasion, Tusken Sniper Rifle and Tessek are awesome figures! Excelling detail. And are among my favorites.

What? Did you want Amidala Theed Invasion to have wind-up, deep sea swimming action with missle-firing wings?

figrin bran
06-24-2002, 12:40 AM
i too think the Tusken Sniper is an excellent figure. especially when you compare it to the potf2 tusken.

Rogue II
06-24-2002, 06:44 AM
Originally posted by Jayspawn
What? Did you want Amidala Theed Invasion to have wind-up, deep sea swimming action with missle-firing wings?

Careful, don't give Hasbro any ideas.

Mandalorian Candidat
06-24-2002, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by BillyJAck
I just aquired abunch of the Episode 1 POTJ figures. They are so much cheaper looking and compared to the original trilogy figures from the potj line they suck. I'm talking Amidal Theed, Coruscant Guard, Fode and Breed. Look at BoShek and Tessek and compare them to these three. They are terrible. Very cheap feeling so is Mas Amedda, Tusken Raider sniper. Its like these got made in two different places or something.


I would go even further and say that practically the whole line is crap. The first few waves just blow chunks (OB1, DM, Ani, R2, Tusken, etc.). Only at the end of the line (FX-7/Zutton/BoShek waves) did the sculpts and articulation get good consistently. IMO it was a crappy rest stop on the road between two much superior lines.

Nebulaz
07-05-2002, 02:11 AM
Sabe is pretty cool looking imo.

jdmarlow
07-18-2002, 07:01 PM
I don't think POTJ is that bad. EPI was cheap, IMO. Props to hasbro on those COMMtech chips too. They were great! (:::SARCASM DETECTOR - RED ALERT:::)

The True Maul
07-19-2002, 11:01 AM
I agree with Jdmarlow!!! :)

OC47150
07-19-2002, 03:12 PM
I agree with other comments. The early POTJ figures -- leftover Ep. 1 figures -- are so-so. The later ones are great.

I only wish I'd found more sandtroopers. :((

Founda bunch of the Bespin guards for $2.50 at the Babbages, though. :))