PDA

View Full Version : does this honk anyone off as much as it does me?

SQueek
06-07-2002, 12:09 PM
star wars was made in america, almost eveyone in the movie is american, heck george lucas is even american. BUT, yes i said but my friend, but japan gets those really kool starwars pepsi bottles and cans and we dont.

damn you pepsi/lucas. damn you.

Jonna
06-07-2002, 12:11 PM
I sense much anger in you.

LTBasker
06-07-2002, 12:13 PM
I'd rather not be obligated by the mystical cans to purchase them and support Pepsi. :D

SQueek
06-07-2002, 09:44 PM
well at my work we buy pepsi cans in 12 packs and put the cans out and throw the boxes away so there was about 12 boxes that could win MIIB tickets and what do ya know i found one and it came with 2 tickets. well it was the highlight of my day...

SQueek
06-08-2002, 08:21 AM
lol sorry about not using the word "honk" in the title

JediTricks
06-09-2002, 11:45 PM
That original one you had is one of SirSteve's "no-no" words, so it had to go. Sorry.

figrin bran
06-10-2002, 12:04 AM
so back to the pepsi bottles...the paint jobs on the characters don't look very good but i would still be drinking waaaayyyy too much pepsi for my own good were i living in Japan.

SQueek
06-10-2002, 09:13 AM
but their still extremly awesome, but i think alot of stores, including the one i work in, would have problems storing the bottles cas with the big caps they would no longer fit...maybe japan is on to some technilogocal breakthrough where pepsi bottles with small people on the lids can also be stored!

Taichi
06-12-2002, 07:04 PM
Well, once I graduate, I plan on accepting a position in Tokyo.....

I'll do the drinking, and you can do the trading!!!

My brother and I already have worked out a deal where I will recieve a monthly package of "American" stuff, in trade for a monthly package of "Japanese" stuff.....

Forhekset
06-17-2002, 08:44 AM
Arrghh! Why can't we get stuff this cool in the U.S.??

http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=http://www.rebelscum.com/toys2/japan_pepsi2002_poster.jpg

Look at those original trilogy ones...and a display case for them too.... *grumble*

If we had a promotion like this in the U.S., I'd be putting Pepsi execs' kids through college myself, the way I would be drinking the stuff.

Time to see if I can pull another favor from one of my friends in Japan. :D

bigbarada
06-17-2002, 08:55 AM
Just another example of how us American collectors get hosed everytime. Japanese buyers get those awesome bottle caps, and all we get are stupid, worthless action figures.:mad:

Forhekset
06-17-2002, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by bigbarada
Just another example of how us American collectors get hosed everytime. Japanese buyers get those awesome bottle caps, and all we get are stupid, worthless action figures.:mad:

Hrm...I can't tell if you were being sarcastic or not. :) I really would like those bottle cap toppers though. :(