PDA

View Full Version : BMW Films

stillakid
06-07-2002, 12:59 PM
BMWfilms.com Announces Ground-Breaking Internet Film Series Will Continue
Slated to Premiere Fall, 2002

June 7, 2002…bmwfilms.com today announced they will continue their ground-breaking Internet films series, The Hire, with three new releases in 2002.

British acting sensation Clive Owen (“The Bourne Identity,” “Gosford Park,” “Croupier”) will reprise his smoldering role as The Driver, the mysterious reoccurring character around whom all of the films revolve. As was the first Hire series, this new triad of films will be executive produced by David Fincher and produced by Anonymous Content and Fallon Worldwide. Directors and other talent for the films were not released. The films are underwritten by BMW.

The new films will premiere on the Internet at bmwfilms.com in the Fall. The Hire Series made international waves last year, when it featured films directed by John Frankenheimer (“Ronin,” “Grand Prix,” “The Manchurian Candidate”), Ang Lee (Oscar and Golden Globe winner “Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon,” “Sense and Sensibility,” “Eat Drink Man Woman”), Wong Kar-Wai (“In the Mood for Love,” “Happy Together,” “Chung King Express”), Guy Ritchie (“Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels,” “Snatch”) and Alejandro González Ińárritu (“Amores Perros”). The films were brilliantly cast with strong supporting characters played by: Mickey Rourke (“The Pledge”), Tomas Milian (“Traffic”), Adriana Lima (Guess model) and Madonna (actress/recording artist).

More than 13 million film views were logged in at the digital-quality streaming video website.

“The Hire was an unprecedented example of media convergence that both pushed and crossed boundaries. We had no idea how successful it would be, since we were going into unchartered territory when we started the project. In the end, the project far exceeded any of our expectations, which is why we’re so thrilled to be working on three more films for The Hire.,” said Jim McDowell, Vice President of Marketing for BMW of North America, LLC.

Eternal Padawan
06-08-2002, 08:56 AM
Clive Owen is awesome. I think he should be the next James Bond. Te BMW movies are sweet and if you can ever find them, I highly suggest checking them out. The Ang Lee one has a HULK cameo. ;)

stillakid
06-08-2002, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by Eternal Padawan
if you can ever find them,

Um, http://www.bmwfilms.com

Eternal Padawan
06-09-2002, 07:52 AM
I meant "on DVD"...there was a promotional disc they gave out to people who bought Beemers. It had all of them except "The Following" because Mickey Rourkes contract said it was only to be seen on the 'net as originally stipulated. But the other four are on it.

stillakid
06-09-2002, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by Eternal Padawan
I meant "on DVD"...there was a promotional disc they gave out to people who bought Beemers. It had all of them except "The Following" because Mickey Rourkes contract said it was only to be seen on the 'net as originally stipulated. But the other four are on it.

Ohhhh. Sorry. I hadn't heard that it was available "off" the net. (Like Rourke's career would be "ruined" if it was seen on DVD. :rolleyes: )

2-1B
01-25-2008, 12:37 PM
Mickey Rourke is just bitter because Clive Owen passed him on the sleazem pole.

I heard Büm Cake is a Clive Owen fan. :thumbsup:

Deoxyribonucleic
01-25-2008, 01:46 PM
Mickey Rourke is just bitter because Clive Owen passed him on the sleazem pole.

I heard Büm Cake is a Clive Owen fan. :thumbsup:

That's an understatement. You should myspace her for her youtube site, she's got some down right hilarious homemade videos on there about herself and Clive Owen lol lol lol lol lol

better than BMW films!!!

El Chuxter
01-25-2008, 01:47 PM
I wasn't aware myspace was a verb.

2-1B
01-25-2008, 01:53 PM
In as much as google is a verb, yes. :grin: (from the German "googlen", meaning "to google")

And 'Ox, I think I shall myspace The Cake for those vids...if her scat reviews were any indication, I think I'm in for a treat. :thumbsup:

Deoxyribonucleic
01-25-2008, 02:07 PM
I wasn't aware myspace was a verb.

it is when I'm in control of word usage on this planet :ninja:

;)