PDA

View Full Version : K Mart, Free Light Saber RIP OFF!

icatch9
06-07-2002, 02:09 PM
You guys remember a few weeks ago when K Mart had those scratch and win cards? Well I thought it was a good idea. I bught some stuff just to get a few cards. Ended up getting like 6 of them. Prizes where kind of lame, but I did get 3 that said I got a free "basic lightsaber" with the purchas of 2 figures. I never planned on buying these lightsabers, but I'd take them for free. It's been over a month since these things have been out and K Mart still doesn't have any of these lightsabers. I've been to about 5 different K Marts in the last month and none of them even has a place for them. I think this is a hack becasue this was the most commen prize and they don't even have any. I think that the cupon expires some time this month, so I'm very upset in that fact that they may never get them.:mad: :mad:?:mad: :mad:

So, what do you guys think?

pthfnder89
06-07-2002, 02:10 PM
Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if they did that on purpose icatch. Sounds like a crappy deal to me.:(

Beast
06-07-2002, 02:15 PM
Talk to the manager, this came up a while back. Most of the time, they will be nice enough to offer you a free figure, instead of the free lightsaber. Just give it a try, and make sure you tell the manager, that you know people that have done it. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Lord Tenebrous
06-07-2002, 02:20 PM
Have you tried customer service online? (http://www.bluelight.com/helpdesk/index.jsp , then Kmart Corporation and Store Feedback)

They might be able to ship them to you in exchange for your cards.

Lman316
06-07-2002, 02:25 PM
I'm just done with K-Mart. Mine, like a lot of others, does not have the lightsabers, nor did they ever :frus:. But that's not what really gets me. It's the fact that even if they did have the lightsabers, my coupon wouldn't do me any good. Their stock of figures really sucks, IMO and they're $6.99 on top of that :mad:. I'm not going to spend $7 on a pegwarmer that I can get at Wally World or KB for $4.77 - $4.99. The money that I save per figure at those stores (if I were to buy enough - and I have been buying a lot since the price drop) would be almost enough to get the lightsaber anyway.

Anyone want this coupon? I don't want it - I'm tried of carrying it around :rolleyes:, lol.

End :).

Beast
06-07-2002, 02:28 PM
Try this thread, for more info:

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7581

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Mandalorian Candidat
06-07-2002, 04:03 PM
I was just going to post that thread, JJB. Thanks,

Yeah, it worked for me and I just threw it out there to the manager as a suggestion. Hopefully you can find a concerned manager who wants to satisfy you instead of a jerk-o one who'll blow you off.

At this point however, it may be cheaper getting four at WM, Target, or KB than trying to get 3+1 free at KMart.

WM: 4*$5 = $20
KMart: 3*$7 = $21

saladin
06-07-2002, 10:45 PM
ya i never go to k-mart, i'm always disapointed when i go.

QLD
06-07-2002, 11:44 PM
K-Mart? I have always heard rumors of such a place, but I never imagined it existed!

RAVAZ
06-07-2002, 11:56 PM
Its no wonder they're going under.

Battle Droid
06-07-2002, 11:59 PM
K-Mart sucks, they just put stuff anywhere, and they're nasty.

DarthBrandon
06-08-2002, 12:02 AM
They have already gone under in Canada.

SuperBattleDroid88
06-08-2002, 12:04 AM
K-Mart's the only store that don't sell the SAGA figures for 4.99 right?

Lord Tenebrous
06-08-2002, 12:51 AM
Hmmm...dunno about them, actually.

Somebody from Walmart, do your receipts have an A next to the new figure price?

If it's not there, then price-match shouldn't be a problem. But Kmart won't match clearanced merchandize.

Obi-Don
06-08-2002, 01:22 AM
I rarely go to our K-Mart anymore. It is a dissapointment when you go. They never have what the adver. in thier paper or "just ran out" which I find unlikely. I don't see that many people in the store. Also,forget about useing the bathroom there. You can find cleaner in a junkyard full of crap.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
06-08-2002, 03:14 AM
The only time I bought SAGA figures at K-Mart was when they had that sale a while back.

Bel-Cam Jos
06-08-2002, 10:42 AM
I have a raincheck on the lightsaber. I've had that raincheck for about a month now. I still have the raincheck. I have not been called about the raincheck. I have gone to a couple K-Mart stores with my raincheck to see if they have the lightsaber in stock. I have yet to turn in my raincheck. Southern California will probably have rain this summer before I get to redeem my raincheck. I sometimes see the same lightsabers at other stores, but I can't use my raincheck there. :frus: :confused:

Adam
06-08-2002, 06:57 PM
I've actually had pretty good luck finding new stuff at the Kmart here..:crazed:

mrmiller
06-08-2002, 07:07 PM
Hehe... I never go to K-Mart either. Their selection is lame, and prices not very competitive (for Star Wars stuff). But for some crazy reason I decided tp stop by there friday. I found the 12" Ultimate Jango Fett for $35. I don't know what it sells for elsewhere, as I've never seen it yet. I guess no one else shops K-Mart either. Might have to make it a more common stop.

=MATT=