PDA

View Full Version : Anyone catch Obi-wan's eye-shadow on MTV last night?

Runobot
06-07-2002, 03:40 PM
Damn, on the MTV movie awards the guy had on tons of blue eye shadow. Man, the jedi have fallen so low. I will never be able to view him the same in the prequels again!

InsaneJediGirl
06-07-2002, 04:39 PM
So thats what it was?I thought he got punched in the face..:D

The MTV movie awards were..pretty bland this year.The only funny part was Jack stalking Natalie Portman,who wanted nothing to do with him.

LTBasker
06-07-2002, 04:52 PM
Glad I didn't watch'em. :D Somehow I just knew it wouldn't be very good. ;)

Perhaps he was playing around with Kidman before with the roles reversed but he didn't exactly have time to clean up. :eek:

QLD
06-07-2002, 05:05 PM
Wake me up when MTV plays videos.

Jonna
06-07-2002, 05:07 PM
I don't think they do anymore. They have another channel for that now.

LTBasker
06-07-2002, 05:23 PM
And that one plays those videos that can't make it anywhere else. I've checked out MTV2 a few times hoping it would play a good video, and only once was it actually playing a decent song.

MTV plays videos late at night, and pretty much it's all pop or rap.

VH1 is much better, although they really need to stop promoting MTV.

pthfnder89
06-07-2002, 06:30 PM
I'm really NOT a fan of Mtv, but I like the movie awards usually.

The thing I like is that the awards don't mean anything, but everyone there KNOWS they don't mean anything so they just have fun.

Unlike the Oscars which also don't mean anything, but everyone pretends they are still important...:rolleyes:

PS. Jack Black as a big flabby Spiderman was just plain funny!:D

JediTricks
06-07-2002, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by Quite-Long Dong
Wake me up when MTV plays videos. Oh man, QLD's gonna slip into a coma!

I started a thread about this problem in... another... section. (;)) Basically, I don't get MTV2 and the rare block of videos on regular MTV are all hip-hop/rap/r&b. When it was a big jumble, I could sit through - and even sometimes ENJOY - some of those videos, but now that it's basically ALL about that, I haven't watched the station for anything but The Osbournes since they cancelled Daria and Beavis & Butt-head and MUSIC.

QLD
06-07-2002, 09:39 PM
Yeah, I really liked Daira. I thought it was vastly under-appreciated.

And I am more and more surprised at how much I miss Beavis and Butthead.

I am sure they will have "classic" MTV soon. Actually, I would prefer to watch it to the real thing.

bigbarada
06-08-2002, 03:05 AM
Liquid TV and The Maxx were my favorite shows on MTV when they didn't suck. Aeon Flux was cool when it just came out every once in a while, when they made it into a regular series it kind of got ruined.

The Maxx was a panel for panel perfect adaption of the comic book (at least the first four issues).

2-1B
06-08-2002, 03:22 AM
I saw the part where Ewan and Nat gave out that "award" and I think the guy is a chameleon of sorts! :D A few weeks back I saw him romping around polar bears, and then I watched Moulin Rogue again, several viewings of AOTC, and then this makeup bit . . . I like it.

Runobot, stuff like this makes me appreciate him in the prequels even more because I can't hardly imagine the lively scamp I saw on MTV playing Obers in AOTC. For me, that's a credit to his ability. :)

JediTricks
06-08-2002, 03:23 AM
Classic MTV... that's a dang good idea. I'm glad to see someone else liked Daria as well, I thought that was a really good show and I hated seeing MTV influence it to death. (You can always tell an MTV show from a regular network show, MTV shows have pointless "modern-at-the-time-for-5-minutes" music playing in the background when there's no reason for it; I think it's supposed to be brain-filler so you'll subconciously crave their newest crappy music even after your show has ended.)

InsaneJediGirl
06-08-2002, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by Quite-Long Dong
Yeah, I really liked Daira. I thought it was vastly under-appreciated.

I think Daira should come back as well.The show is much better than some of the programs on MTV(*Cough..Road Rules/Real World...Cough*)

QLD
06-08-2002, 01:28 PM
Yeah, the more I think about it, the more I think classic MTV would be great.

Play classic videos from 80's to mid-nineties.

Play Beavis and Butthead, Daria, The Maxx, Old episodes of Club MTV, Yo MTV Raps.

Re-hire some of the old Veejays, Nina Blackburn, JJ Jackson, Martha Quinn.

Show the old MTV promos, awards ceremonies, specials.

You know.....I think I would watch that a lot IF they did it. But since I am interested, that automatically means they won't do it.

Exhaust Port
06-08-2002, 02:29 PM
Now that VH1 has caved to the MTV style of programming we've lost all hope of seeing a real life video. I want VH1 to bring back their Big 80's music hours. What a great way to pass the day.

I also put my vote in for Classic MTV!

LTBasker
06-08-2002, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Exhaust Port
Now that VH1 has caved to the MTV style of programming we've lost all hope of seeing a real life video. I want VH1 to bring back their Big 80's music hours. What a great way to pass the day.

I also put my vote in for Classic MTV!

There is a big difference though. For VH1 it's a record if they go at least 5 videos in a row of just bad videos - for MTV, it's a record if they go 1 video in a row. ;)

SuperBattleDroid88
06-08-2002, 10:34 PM
Will it be on ever again? I missed it!

InsaneJediGirl
06-09-2002, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by SuperBattleDroid88
Will it be on ever again? I missed it!

Knowing MTV,it will be on at least 30 more times..:rolleyes:

LTBasker
06-09-2002, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by InsaneJediGirl
Knowing MTV,it will be on at least 30 more times..:rolleyes:

Then there will be the day after that... ;)

derek
06-09-2002, 03:04 PM
this show was sad. sad because i couldn't believe all the actors who were actually taking this awards show seriously. paul walker almost started crying when he and vin diesel won best screen duo. poor guy.;) chris tucker is an idiot. he won for best fight and he gets up on stage lobbing for aids releif for africa. noble cause, but this ain't the place for it mr. tucker.

and you would of thought mandy moore and nicole kidman won oscars or something. don't they realize mtv started this show as a joke?

and poor winona ryder. oh how she has fallen. first she's busted for shoplifting and now she's slumming around with adam sandler.:cry: winona, please pull your hair out of your eyes and have a little class. saturday night live and mtv ain't gonna help you in your up coming trial.

and natalie was wearing very flat shoes, which leads me to believe she is a lot taller than 5'3", or ewan is short.:)

Jason B
06-09-2002, 04:43 PM
i havent had MTV in a while, and i didnt know that Daria was cancelled. is Celebrity Deathmatch still on? now that's a good show. :D