PDA

View Full Version : Just fixed my THX-ANH tape!

Mandalorian Candidat
06-07-2002, 03:49 PM
All this talk of the OTv3.0 made me feel really 'homesick' for the original version of the trilogy. I have the THX box set (including the mail-away The Making of Star Wars) but my ANH tape broke a few years back. I finally decided to open it up and try to fix it. Luckilly it snapped an inch from the clear feeder tape so after applying some scotch tape I was able to watch the first hour or so of ANH last night, UNADULTERATED.

Gotta tell ya that it was so great. I know that reformatting the film was necessary to keep it preserved and looking sharp, but seeing how the movie was originally was fantastic. The Cantina scene is so much better originally, especially the part with the Greedo shot. I totally didn't remember how much better the OG version is.

I can't wait until I get around to Jedi and see the finale they way it was, as well as the original Sy Snootles song. Oh joy...:crazed:

Hellzer
06-07-2002, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by Mandalorian Candidat
I can't wait until I get around to Jedi and see the finale they way it was, as well as the original Sy Snootles song. Oh joy...:crazed:

I just rewatched the OT last week when I got the widescreen versions off Ebay, and one of the absolute best parts is seeing the original Sy Snootles scene again after being over-exposed to the SE version. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. It's like the Star Wars equivalent to taking a dose of heroin after being stuck on SE methadone for too many years.