PDA

View Full Version : Parts in the movies we can't get enough of.

scruffziller
06-07-2002, 05:10 PM
I am talking about scenes you will rewind 1000 times and watch over and over!!! My fav is when that little black haired Ewok is riding with Chewie in the ATST and he is just chucling his hiney off.:D Also when R2 zaps Wickett.

Exhaust Port
06-07-2002, 06:28 PM
The final battle of SW.
The opening to ESB and the Asteroid Field chase.
The climatic space battle of RotJ.
The pod race (just for the sound) and Darth Maul dual in TPM.

I haven't picked my scenes yet for AotC, give me a couple more viewings and I'll have it narrowed down. :)

saladin
06-07-2002, 10:01 PM
The battle between Luke and vader(besoin) so much emotion and energy.

187-Maul
06-08-2002, 04:30 AM
the cantina scene in ANH, don't know why but it's just cool with all the aliens
and although not OT, in episode 1 the Darth Maul duels (theed and tatooine) I watched it about 10 times on my computer with the DVD in slow motion, man that kicks *** when they wield there lightsabers in slowmo, you guys should really try that once if you haven't

Obi-Don
06-09-2002, 05:30 AM
I liked the space battle in ROTJ and the lightsaber battle between Vader and Luke. My favorite so far is the space battle. I wished there was more of it.

MikeAndTheBots
06-09-2002, 08:41 AM
Final Death Star trench run, only Luke, Vader, Ben's ghost, and a couple TIE pilots until Han shows up...

Both of the battles between Luke and Vader (bespin and ds2)

Lman316
06-09-2002, 10:44 AM
I like it in ESB when Yoda is going through Luke's stuff and finds the flashlight. He then turns towards the camera and starts laughing like a friggin' loon. That's just so funny to me. Everytime I see that I laugh out loud.

End :crazed:.

scruffziller
06-09-2002, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by 187-Maul
the cantina scene in ANH, don't know why but it's just cool with all the aliens
and although not OT, in episode 1 the Darth Maul duels (theed and tatooine) I watched it about 10 times on my computer with the DVD in slow motion, man that kicks *** when they wield there lightsabers in slowmo, you guys should really try that once if you haven't
Yea I just did and even before I read your post!!!!! Yes must try it. I like how on slow mo the blades look like fans.

chris
06-09-2002, 04:48 PM
YODAS FIGHT!!!! To quick for me. And cool enough to watch over and over.

Darkross
06-10-2002, 11:03 AM
ANH - The detention block rescue
ESB - Hoth battle, Luke vs. Vader, Asteroid Chase
ROTJ - Space battle, Sarlaac Pitt, Speeder Bike Chase, Luke vs. Vader
TPM - Obi-Wan vs. Maul (AWESOME), Qui-Gon, Maul, Obi-Wan
AOTC: Mace vs. Jango Fett in the Arena (gotta love Mace!), Dooku vs. Anakin (with two lightsabers!)

Favorite scene of all time (Episodes 1,2,4,5,6):

ROTJ: Luke deflecting laser bolts from speederbike and cutting off the stearing veins!

Jonna
06-10-2002, 11:21 AM
ANH: Luke crying about getting the power converters.
ANH: Cantina scene
ANH: Stormtrooper hitting his head
Empire: Yoda meets Luke
Empire: Luke and Vader battle
ROTJ: Jabba's palace and sailbarge scenes
TPM: Final saber fight
AOTC: Arena battle till the end of the movie

icatch9
06-10-2002, 12:26 PM
X Wing Dog fights
Jabba Palace
Mos Eisly

I just love all of those. There is so much to see in Mos Eisly and Jabbas Palace. I sware I see something new each time I watch it.

I love the X Wing fights. I love all the Reble space ships. It's my life long dream to fly one of those things. Ha, jK. Still would be real cool!

TIE Pilot
06-10-2002, 04:47 PM
ANH - The Deathstar trench run

TESB - The Luke/Vader duel on Cloud City

ROTJ - A close tie between the Endor space battle and Luke's final confrontation with Vader

TPM - The Maul/Obi-Wan/Qui-Gon duel

Many times I've just watched these scenes without watching the whole movie :)

scruffziller
06-12-2002, 11:51 PM
2 parts I remeber is when Chewie growls at the little mouse droid and he zooms away scared. And the detention area when Luke, Han and Chewie start blasting and that one officer who picks up the blaster to shoot but still tries to maintain his diplomatic pose, oh what a riot.

jjreason
06-16-2002, 01:31 AM
Hoth. I've watched the first 30 minutes of Empire so many times it's scary. I love the SE Wampa - especially the crap dripping from it's maw and the new super-scary sound effects as it devours fresh tauntaun flesh (oooh, there's the goosebumps from just thinking about it!).

TeeEye7
06-19-2002, 07:25 AM
I STILL get chills from the opening scene from ANH (just as I did in '77) when the rebel blockade runner is being persued by the Imperial destroyer.

The sheer size of the destroyer had the audience wowed, and me along with it.

25 years later it's still :cool:

wedgeA
06-21-2002, 01:23 PM
Two of my favorites are from ESB:

1) The Echo Base Cannon/ "the first transport is away" scene.
2) Luke singlehandedly takes down the ATAT.

chewiegurl1138
06-26-2002, 06:16 PM
ANH- When 3po finds R2 in the sandcrawler (R2-D2 it is you, it IS you!), the cantina, when they rescue Leia (how are you?), ceremony
ESB- When Leia calls han a scruffy-looking nerf- herder, asteroid field, the part right before Luke and Vader fight and they stand there(I just love the silouhettes).
ROTJ- When 3po and R2 first arrive at Jabba's Palace, the space battle, the lightsaber duel
TPM- The lightsaber duel btwn Maul and Obi/Quigon, Is that Leeegal? (absolutely hilarious), when the pit droid kicks Jar Jar in the groin (hahaha!)
AOTC- lightsaber duels!!!

scruffziller
06-26-2002, 11:04 PM
How about when the pit droid getting sucked into the pod racing engine and getting spewed out the other side.

DarthBatman
07-04-2002, 03:54 PM
The lightsaber battle between Obi Wan and Darth Vader. I get a rush of adrenaline every time I see that fight!

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
07-04-2002, 05:46 PM
Return of the Jedi- The Jedi Spirits scene

morecow299
07-06-2002, 08:23 PM
my favorites are both duels between vader and luke, and the space scenes at the end of the movies in ANH and ROTJ