PDA

View Full Version : Most disturbing/sad moments.

scruffziller
06-07-2002, 06:13 PM
Han Solo getting tortured and when that little Ewok gets killed and his friend cries over him.:cry:

2-1B
06-08-2002, 01:50 AM
Beru and Owen murdered. :(
It wasn't until I was in my early teens that I fully understood the ramifications of Luke's loss.
As a little kid, it was always, "well, off he goes on an adventure". But as I got older and could comprehend the hypothetical thought of losing not one but BOTH of my parents and what would happen, it was pretty freaky. I like that aspect of Luke's journey in the films, losing the only family he has (plus Biggs, although it isn't developed as well . . . and let's add Ben to those losses). The guy really had to reach out and form an extended family with Han and Leia. To me that really adds to the pain of Vader's revelation too.

Obi-Don
06-08-2002, 02:22 AM
Caesar, You hit it on the head for me as well.

LTBasker
06-08-2002, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by scruffziller
and when that little Ewok gets killed and his friend cries over him.:cry:

Yub Yub.... :(

That and when the Stormtrooper hits his head on the door frame - "I don't care what Death Star you're from, that's gotta hurt!" ;)

Eternal Padawan
06-08-2002, 10:19 AM
After seeing ESB I had nightmares about Han getting frozen in carbonite.

Bel-Cam Jos
06-08-2002, 10:53 AM
Ewok dying and being mourned
Jabba's "tongue lashing" of Leia unmasked in her Boushh outfit
I was more hurt by Biggs' death than Owen and Beru
Ben dying was still a shock in ANH
Admiral Ozzel getting choked in ESB

darthvyn
06-08-2002, 01:51 PM
one thing that catches me as funny/strange is the fact that after owen and beru die, luke's just like, oh, man, that sucks. well, guess i'll go with ben now... but when ben dies, luke's all "nooooo" and "i can't believe he's gone..." seems odd to me that he would mourn the death of this guy he's known for a week more than his adoptive parents...

Exhaust Port
06-08-2002, 02:09 PM
darthvyn, that's just like Luke, when asked if he wants a replacement astrodroid, he says "No thanks, that little droid and I have been through a lot together." It's been a week or so right? It's strange in a society that has robots/droids performing all sorts of tasks that someone could get somewhat emotionally attached. I've had my computer for years but I wouldn't mind kicking it out the window.

As a kid I always felt bad for the Rancor keeper losing his pet. :(

Leia watching her planet get destroyed was always sad to watch.

LTBasker
06-08-2002, 02:57 PM
Luke getting fried while making (then) useless cries of plea to his father.

darthvyn
06-08-2002, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by Exhaust Port
I've had my computer for years but I wouldn't mind kicking it out the window.

As a kid I always felt bad for the Rancor keeper losing his pet. :(

Leia watching her planet get destroyed was always sad to watch.

i have completely rebuilt my computer, so i love it as i do my dog...

speaking of which, i do feel the loss of the rancor keeper. "stupid jedi, has to kill my little pet... all she wanted to do was play fetch with his dead carcass..." lol...

Eternal Padawan
06-09-2002, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by darthvyn
one thing that catches me as funny/strange is the fact that after owen and beru die, luke's just like, oh, man, that sucks. well, guess i'll go with ben now... but when ben dies, luke's all "nooooo" and "i can't believe he's gone..." seems odd to me that he would mourn the death of this guy he's known for a week more than his adoptive parents...

I think it's more that he lost Ben ON TOP of losing his "parents". If Ben had lived, Luke could have to turned to him for support when grieving for Beru and Owen, but then he lost Ben too, and it was too much for him.

And you don't know what the speeder ride back to the sandcrawler was like. Luke could have been balling his eyes out the whole time and finished up by the time he got back to Ben and the droids.

bigbarada
06-09-2002, 09:23 AM
I think Luke was kind of in a state of mental shock after his uncle and aunt died, he supressed his feelings and focused on going on this adventure with Obi-Wan and learning about the Force. When Obi-Wan died, it hit him much harder, because of his pent up anguish over the loss of his foster family. But I guess, blowing up a couple of TIE Fighters is perfect therapy since he's happy and cheerful afterwards.

As for moments I find sad:
Chewie howling in sorrow when they close the shield doors on Hoth

The ewok who bites it on Endor

After Luke blows up the Death Star and everyone is in the hangar cheering until they lower Artoos burned out husk for everyone to see. That was bad enough, but Threepio offering up his own parts to help make his friend functional brings a tear to my eye.:cry:

darthvyn
06-09-2002, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by bigbarada
The ewok who bites it on Endor

man, everyone cares about that damn ewok, but no one even notices that an entire command ship blows up right after that with probably 1000 hands abord...

Exhaust Port
06-09-2002, 01:50 PM

man, everyone cares about that damn ewok, but no one even notices that an entire command ship blows up right after that with probably 1000 hands abord...

Its the difference between watching an individual suffer in person or watching them as they suffer anonymously. You can see the Ewok but you can't see the people in the ship. The level of attachment is lower for the audience not that it's right.

For that same reason we see hundreds of airplanes getting torn to pieces in WWII documentories obviously killing the pilot but rarely, if never, see a soldier killed visably. People would be outraged at the brutalilty of showing someone being shot in person.

It'll be the same reaction years from now looking back on 9/11. They'll never show an individual jumping from a burning tower but we'll see forever the images of the towers falling. People take comfort (I don't know if that's a good word for it) in not being able to see what's happening.

scruffziller
06-09-2002, 05:06 PM
Oh man! I've gotta watch the TRILOGY again! I forgot all of these other moments, I forgot for the longest time I could not watch the scene where Luke ses Lars and Beru's chared bodies.

scruffziller
06-09-2002, 05:10 PM

Well HEY! WHat about the entire crews of each DEATH STAR!!!
Winey, snively Luke kills over a million people(or more) go figure!!

Jason B
06-09-2002, 05:12 PM
do you know the reason behind the Rancor keeper's sorrow? that guy and the other guy that came up to him were planning to take the rancor away in a week, or something like that. it's the truth. :D

Jason B
06-09-2002, 05:14 PM

YEAH!!!

same thing with young Annie, he destroys that huge command ship.

LTBasker
06-09-2002, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by Jason B
do you know the reason behind the Rancor keeper's sorrow? that guy and the other guy that came up to him were planning to take the rancor away in a week, or something like that. it's the truth. :D

You mean the dudes were gonna take the prop? Yeah I can see how that would ruin their plan with the prop getting a giant hole in it's back from the scene. :D

darthvyn
06-10-2002, 11:04 AM

yeah, but they were all bad... (what's that from??? huh? anyone know... i'll give you a cookie...)

anyone who has watched clerks (if you haven't, what third world country have you been in?) has had the debate over the second death star. i agree with the contractor, that everyone onboard knew the dangers of the job and decided to do the job anyway.

sure the same thing holds true for the good guys on the cruiser, but... whatever! lol...

i just think it's funny that every girl i know goes "awwwww" after the ewok dies, and doesn't even notice that the cruiser goes up in flames RIGHT AFTER!!!

Eternal Padawan
06-10-2002, 11:15 AM
I never felt sorry for the rancor keeper since its so glaringly obvious that he's standing in front of a blue screen.

bigbarada
06-10-2002, 11:40 AM
I always thought that the Rancor Keeper scene was more humorous than sad.

atomicmaniac
06-11-2002, 10:05 AM
For me the most emition scene is when they are putting Han in carbonite, I get emotional ever time I see that scene. Leias reaction, Chewbacas reaction. That is a REALLY sad scene. Also at the end of ROTJ during the celebration, all I can think about is all the rebels that died (on Hoth, at Yavin 4, on Endor, at the 2nd Death Star, the Bothans, etc) and it is really sad. Because I think of all the people that devoted (and gave) their lives to destroy the Empire. They were doing what thought was right even against such overwhelming odds.

Jonna
06-11-2002, 10:07 AM
When my father let me taste beer for the first time in the parking lot after seeing Empire. Damn, that was nasty!!!

jjreason
06-15-2002, 03:23 AM
Friggin' Lando opening the door on our heroes and being in league with Vader. Disturbing to say the least. I was ready to kill him myself, and was SO happy that Chewie started choking him when he got the chance. He did redeem himself, but I still think Lando should have died in ROJ to make up for what he did to Han et. al.

LTBasker
06-15-2002, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by jjreason
Friggin' Lando opening the door on our heroes and being in league with Vader. Disturbing to say the least. I was ready to kill him myself, and was SO happy that Chewie started choking him when he got the chance. He did redeem himself, but I still think Lando should have died in ROJ to make up for what he did to Han et. al.

He also helps them move Jabba's throne over the Rancor Pit after Luke falls in. ;)

jjreason
06-15-2002, 07:15 PM
Lando is officially a bastard.

Jason B
06-15-2002, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by jjreason
Lando is officially a bastard.

lmao

Bosskman
06-15-2002, 10:21 PM
Lando's stupid dance at the end of ROTJ ........... disturbing........

darthvyn
06-16-2002, 12:30 AM
"you certainly belong with us among the stars..."

movin' in on han's territory. now that's low...

DeadEye
06-16-2002, 09:51 PM
Boba Fett falling into the Sarlacc. I cry every time I see it. :cry:

On the other hand, I cheer whenever that Ewok dies! I hate those teddy bears! :evil:

darthvyn
06-17-2002, 02:49 AM
i can't believe i got the quote wrong, and now can't edit...

"you certainly belong with us among the CLOUDS..."

DarthBatman
07-10-2002, 02:35 AM
When R2 zaps the jawa in ANH. Poor Jawa!

DarthBatman
07-10-2002, 02:35 AM
Oh! And when that thing on Jabba's barge starts pecking C3PO's eye out.

scruffziller
07-10-2002, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by DarthBatman
Oh! And when that thing on Jabba's barge starts pecking C3PO's eye out.
His name is Salacious Crumb.

pinoysith
07-16-2002, 05:09 PM
Yoda died in ROTJ.