PDA

View Full Version : What Do You Think Of The Bo Shek Wave

DarthBrandon
06-07-2002, 10:25 PM
Just Received my Bo Shek wave in trade with another forums member. I must say this, I loved the Bo Shek figure as soon as I seen it. Great sculpt, paint, articulation and likeness to the character. Teebo was O.K., nothing really great about this figure. The R4-M9 however was very disapointing, it's sculpt was o.k. , the paint was horrible and the little mouse droid has wheels on the bottom that doesn't even move. I usually keep last wave figures carded, but I liked the Bo Shek so much I opened the lot of them. It felt really good to do this for a change. Most of the time if I don't have two, I will not open them, but this was not the case this time. Forgive me for rambling on and if this has been discussed before.

JediTricks
06-08-2002, 12:48 AM
The mouse droid is a rank rehash, it never should have been created for POTF2 in the first place IMO. Besides being hollow, it's also way too big.

As for the rest of the figures, they're all painted with less quality than previous POTJ figures, but BoShek overcomes that with ease *and* has the least amount of slop. Teebo is bland like you said, but I like R4-M9 even with his paint problems. I dunno, this figure seems like a charmer to me, it's a droid with a different dome and that makes me happy, and then it's sculpted fairly well too, so that's a bonus.

Lord Tenebrous
06-08-2002, 01:03 AM
The paint on my figures was excellent, save a small silver dot on Bo's boots.

Bo

Great sculpt and accessories. Could have used one more point of articulation, but he's alright. His hand that holds the helmet can also hold Zutton's glass to good effect.

Teebo

More like a generic Ewok than Teebo, as the face isn't quite his likeness, and his stripes are too faint. His spear is nice, his outfit pieces are good, but thankfully removeable. A great figure to customize an Ewok army.

Arfour

He's simple, and that's why I love him. He looks great anywhere, either in Imperial dioramas, standing in for BoShek's R4-E1, or in just about any scene. His mouse droid doesn't bother me - I slid a Commtech Stormie's rifle rack over his front, and make him a weapon delivery droid.

Wave overall: A-

Obi-Don
06-08-2002, 01:14 AM
I liked them all. I really liked R4 and his paint job was good. Teebo,well he is good but nothing to feel great about. Bo, I liked him too. The ones I got didn't have bad paint jobs. Sorry for those that did.

DarthBrandon
06-08-2002, 01:21 AM
Thankx for the response JediTricks and Lord Tenebrous,

I think we are all on the same page here with these figures. Don't get me wrong guys I like R4-M9, we needed another droid, I just didn't think the paint job was all that great compared to the photo on the back. I hated the mouse droid, it was just a piece of plastic garbage. It will however serve it's purpose as an extra in a diorama. Like you said JediTricks, the R4-M9 is a charmer and I am warming up to him. I will however stick to my original opinions on Bo and Teebo. Like I said Bo is great and Teebo is nothing to talk about. He may serve as a great figure to customize into an Ewok army, like Lord Tenebrous Said.

DarthBrandon
06-08-2002, 01:45 AM
Originally posted by Obi-Don
I liked them all. I really liked R4 and his paint job was good. Teebo,well he is good but nothing to feel great about. Bo, I liked him too. The ones I got didn't have bad paint jobs. Sorry for those that did.

Not all the figures had bad paint jobs, just the R4-M9, in my opinion it was not as good as it could have been.

WesleySr
06-25-2002, 04:34 PM
I liked all 3 figures. I am always happy to get another Cantina patron or Ewok. I also thought R4-M9 was pretty cool too.