PDA

View Full Version : Cheaters!!!

jedi master sal
08-16-2001, 02:36 PM
Whose to say that someone couldn't be making those referals up. You could create a new e-mail account and sign up again thus boosting the # of your supposed referals!

I give to you a certain user who in the short time I have checked out the new forums has racked up 9 referals (and probably still counting) GNT

Now, I know that nothing can be proven but this seems suspicious since as of this posting there are only 80 registered users and he/she accounts for 1/8 of them.

Please Sir steve just don't give out the goodies unless you plan on having a bunch of cheaters or multi posters (you know what I mean, people who repost the same reply to boost their stats)registered to your site.

Okay with that said and done I still think SSG is the best Fan Site ever for SW

As Always MTFBWY......

El Chuxter
08-16-2001, 02:57 PM
I can't speak for all his referrals, but I know that this morning I had an e-mail from GNT telling me about the new forums, so I listed him as the referring member when I re-signed up. I know at least one of the nine is legit, and I'm guessing that most of his other referrals were obtained in a similar fashion. If he e-mailed me, he probably sent the same request to the other veterans of the Great Icon Wars. ;)

Of course, that's not to say that someone with multiple e-mail addresses couldn't refer themselves, but hopefully people are more honest than that. . . and I'm sure any cheaters would be banned.

SirSteve
08-16-2001, 03:01 PM
I do verify the accounts. Each have to be activated and used. If someone has a lot referrals from nothing but free e-mail hosts (yahoo, hotmail, etc), then that tells me something is up and it will be dealt with then.

Let's not even go down that route or I will not give anything out. It's not really a contest so let's just have fun with the new forums!

JEDIpartner
08-16-2001, 03:06 PM
amen to that!

jedi master sal
08-16-2001, 03:06 PM
Thanks for repling SIR STEVE.

I am glad that you verify these and take into account free e-mail listings as well.

Sorry that my "lack of faith" may have been disturbing to you or anyone else.

Also apologies to GNT if he/she is not a cheater.

I just want to get things straight for those poeple who might be and was only using you as an example of what may happen.

again my apologies!

As always MTFBWY.....

Mandalorian Candidat
08-16-2001, 03:24 PM
I can vouch for GNT as well. I got a similar e-mail from him this morning, but didn't use him as a referral reference. JT mentioned something in one of his (already numbering in the hundreds) posts about trying to only sign up new members, not getting older ones as referrals.

Anyways, GNT is on the level in my book.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-16-2001, 05:25 PM
Ditto what El Chuxter and The Candidate said. (Love these new features!)

12inch Lando
08-16-2001, 05:39 PM
I'm a GNT recruit as well.

Starfig873
08-16-2001, 08:32 PM
:D

poor GNT. I got an Email from him too.

humsup
08-16-2001, 09:47 PM
I think it is a good thing that members of the forum can explore the loopholes that some might use to abuse.

Kudos also to Sirsteve for having that area checked.

Now, lets discuss about having lil' pictures under your name :D

JediTricks
08-17-2001, 12:37 AM
MC, I don't remember saying that only new referrals could be used as entries. It's not my contest, I don't think that's how it works, but when SirSteve next sees this thread, I'm sure he'll let us know if newbies are the only ones that count as "referrals" for this giveaway.

GNT
08-17-2001, 01:12 AM
Am I cheating? The answer is NO!

I emailed people that posted in the MISC section of the old SSG board.

I really want that pin :) Why do I want that pin? Will I'm a pin collector for starters and do you think I have a chance at ever getting one? The answer is No,Since I'm not in America I would never have a chance at getting it and most people wouldn't sell it or if they do they want $50-100 for it which is way too much here!

I hope you understand, and I'm not cheating I'm playing by the rules :)

GNT
08-17-2001, 01:14 AM
And with this chance I could get it!

QLD
08-17-2001, 02:22 AM
I feel left out. I din't get an e-mail from GNT. I guess I don't count.

GNT
08-17-2001, 05:06 AM
I thought I sent you one Quite-Long Dong?

Oh well

QLD
08-17-2001, 08:38 AM
Nope, and now my feelings are hurt. I mean, after all I have done for you. Like....errrr......well.....you know what I mean......ahhh forget it.

Eternal Padawan
08-17-2001, 10:28 AM
I have returned. At last I shall reveal myself, at last I will have revenge...

El Chuxter
08-17-2001, 11:21 AM
Do we know you under a different name, Eternal Padawan?

And why do I suspect you'd be pleased to know the Mauled Maul avatar is back?

12inch Lando
08-18-2001, 04:46 AM
I think that's the forum member formerly known as Rollo Tamasi. I think...

Eternal Padawan
08-23-2002, 08:43 AM
Bleah :p 12inch Lando butchered my name :(

Notice how GNT hightailed it outta here after he got his precious "pin" ??

That's gratitude for ya! :mad:

Contests are cool. I think we should have more of them.

ROLLO!

jedi master sal
08-23-2002, 09:08 AM
Where did you dig up this old fossil?

Wow, you went back to a thread from a year ago. Where you bored?

Now that you mention it though, your right I haven't seen hide nor hair of GNT for some time.

hango fett
08-23-2002, 09:13 AM
is it a good or bad thing that we have not seen GNT for a while?? all i know is that he is great at post-padding. anyone want to explain the rest?
???
h

LTBasker
08-23-2002, 09:52 AM
Please keep your arms and legs inside the StarCruiser at all times as you pass through the hyperlink to the explination of Where's GNT? (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13113&highlight=Wheres+GNT)

Beast
08-23-2002, 11:07 AM
Anyone want to take bets on how long it is before GNT shows up? He usually does whenever someone is talking about him. ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
08-23-2002, 02:35 PM
Who cares.

My back hurts.

There's nothing on tv tonight that's worth watching. Can't think of anything to add to a dead thread either.

Had salad for my dinner tonight, too much beetroot. Everything went pinky purple. Don't like beetroot.

Noticed Geonosian posted again. Thoughtbhe said goodbye for good? Not that it matters. Just seems a little inconsistent.

fish.

floppy hat jon
08-23-2002, 02:42 PM
And here I thought you were talking about the Texas-syndicated TV show "Cheaters" where these guys secretly follow cheating partners around with video cameras. Great show.

Eternal Padawan
08-24-2002, 07:52 AM
There was a movie called Cheaters that came out last spring. If we started talking about that we could get this thread moved to the movie section (or as some people like to call it, the moive section, which is like the color, but not...) Anyway, the moive had Jason Shwartzman and a hair doll in it, and Devon Sawa boning James King (who now goes by the name Jamie, because everyone heard James and thought she was a guy, which she is definitely NOT.)

So who's seen it?

ROLLO!

JetsAndHeels
08-24-2002, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by floppy hat jon
And here I thought you were talking about the Texas-syndicated TV show "Cheaters" where these guys secretly follow cheating partners around with video cameras. Great show.
Yes, that is a great show. It's like COPS meets Jerry Springer. The guy takes the suspecting mate to confront the cheater after he has shown them the evidence. How is that for entertainment?!?!

jobi
08-24-2002, 09:31 AM
I've seen it EP Jason Schwarzman was hilarious.

Eternal Padawan
08-25-2002, 11:20 AM
It's not his best work. I really liked him in Rushmore. I think he's in the new pacino comedy Simone. I thought I saw him flit by in the trailer, dusting for fingerprints or some such...

ARRRGHH!

Rollo only has 1999 posts! Where's his 2000th post?!?! WHAT HAPPENED!!!!

NOOOOOOO!!!!

ROLLO!