PDA

View Full Version : Anakin-Brown Backpack

bigbarada
09-23-2001, 01:12 AM
I'm usually not one to buy into the whole variation thing, but since I actually own one of these I'm a little curious about it. Soooo, is it a real variant?

I've noticed the backpack is pretty much painted solid brown instead of the blue with brown highlights as in the normal version.

Any info would be appreciated.
:cool:

evenflow
09-24-2001, 10:45 AM
It does exist, and is a variation that people look for.

bigbarada
09-24-2001, 02:17 PM
So is this one the same level as the blue/green lightsaber vintage Luke Jedi? Where the variant actually commands a much higher price? Or more like teeth/no teeth vintage Lando? Where it really doesn't matter?

I know at Brian's Toys, they're selling the blue backpack version for $3 and the brown backpack version for $30!

GNT
09-25-2001, 04:40 AM
Originally posted by bigbarada
So is this one the same level as the blue/green lightsaber vintage Luke Jedi? Where the variant actually commands a much higher price? Or more like teeth/no teeth vintage Lando? Where it really doesn't matter?

I know at Brian's Toys, they're selling the blue backpack version for $3 and the brown backpack version for $30!

Much like lando and his teeth :) plus Brian of Brian's toys, jacks up the price by 90% most of the time

Lobito
09-27-2001, 03:08 PM
It is a real variant all right, maybe i'll go to the local SW store and look for it, since they have lots of EP1 figs. maybe they have that one too...:)

bigbarada
09-29-2001, 02:08 AM
If you find one let me know, cuz if they are still sitting on the shelves after nearly 2 1/2 years then they aren't as rare as everyone thinks.

GNT
09-29-2001, 02:30 AM
Its only as rare/worth as what someone pays for it :)

Lobito
10-03-2001, 01:17 PM
Hey BB, i went yesterday to the store and found Shmi and Jedi Training OB1, plus i looked for the Anakin Variation (Brown pack)and it wasnt there...they just had 6 Anakin (blue pack), so i guess it is indeed hard to find!!:cool:

GNT
10-04-2001, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Lobito
Hey BB, i went yesterday to the store and found Shmi and Jedi Training OB1, plus i looked for the Anakin Variation (Brown pack)and it wasnt there...they just had 6 Anakin (blue pack), so i guess it is indeed hard to find!!:cool:

Hard to find in your area!Remember every place has different figures and that :) Nice find BTW :)

Lobito
10-04-2001, 01:41 PM
Thanks GNT!! But believe me, if they dont have it in that store, it is indeed hard to find.

Slicker
03-24-2006, 03:30 AM
I think he peed in the sand and then dropped his backpack in it. That's how he got it brown. It's muddy.:thumbsup:

2-1B
03-24-2006, 03:51 AM
This figure is already hitting retail ? Man, I can't keep up anymore....hey Slick if you see this anywhere, PLEASE pick it up for me. I'll trade you a Galactic Hunt or Sly Moore figure for it. :)

Slicker
03-24-2006, 03:55 AM
This figure is already hitting retail ? Man, I can't keep up anymore....hey Slick if you see this anywhere, PLEASE pick it up for me. I'll trade you a Galactic Hunt or Sly Moore figure for it. :)It's a deal. I just saw them at my local TRU.

Have you seen those CommTech chips? That is a technology waaaaayy ahead of its time. Those sound amazing.

plasticfetish
03-24-2006, 05:23 AM
Hahahahahahaha!!!