PDA

View Full Version : AOTC U or PG

Jek Porky 2002
06-08-2002, 02:17 PM
Does anybody know if AOTC is a U or a PG because some things that I have seen say it is a PG but lately some other things including my cinema listings guide say it's a U, someone please help!

jedi_uk73
06-08-2002, 06:38 PM
ATOC is a PG cert.

It was lucky to get that as it should have been a 12 cert. British Film Board cut a 1 second part of the film so that it could have a PG rating.

The cut scene was when Jango headbutts Obi Wan on Kamino.

It is the only SW film to have a PG as all the rest are U certs.

The listings guide you mentioned must have a mis-print.

Jek Porky 2002
06-09-2002, 08:04 AM
Does this meen that the American version shows Jango's head butt?

DarthMaulSithLord
06-09-2002, 08:39 AM
A headbutt? Why was that cut? There were lots of other more violent things in AOTC.

:confused:

jedi_uk73
06-09-2002, 04:27 PM
Yep. There was a head butt scene cut from AOTC. It is in the US version, but because of our British Film Board it was cut in UK cinemas.

I agree that there was more violent scenes, but a head chop with a lightsaber is not part of everyday life, unlike a head butt.

Like I say, the film would have been a 12 cert if this scene was included, but as it stood, the adverts did say "May be unsuitable for under 8's"

I downloaded the US version off the net a few weeks ago. I have put a clip of the scene below. Sorry, but the quality isn't great. Jango & Obi Wan can just about be made out. (Jango's on the left)

With a bit of luck it will be on the DVD version in October. But it should have been shown in the cinema as it was intended.

187-Maul
06-10-2002, 03:38 PM
if I remember correctly the version here in france had the scene included
have to check again if I go watch it my third time this or next week:D