PDA

View Full Version : SW Insider #56....

TeeEye7
09-23-2001, 09:09 AM
.....anyone know when it's coming out? :confused:

Sidiously Darth
09-24-2001, 01:40 AM
I received mine about a week ago. I haven't actually looked to see if it is in stores, though.

TeeEye7
09-24-2001, 07:35 AM
Thanks for the update, SD.

I know there were mail interruptions from last weeks' events. I'm hopeful my issue will show up shortly.

:D

JediTricks
09-24-2001, 11:21 AM
The "December 2001" issue, #56, came in my mail 3 days ago. It feels a bit thin IMO, but that may be from the Jawa Trader having diddly-squat in it. ;)

Rollo Tomassi
09-24-2001, 03:05 PM
Who wants to order from that Jawa Trader anyway....cheap crappity crap in nyeah...:rolleyes:

Bel-Cam Jos
09-24-2001, 07:44 PM
I got mine today. The Jawa Trader actually has some Hasbro figures that came out this year, so it's not all bad. :p Haven't read any of it, yet.

Sith Worm
09-24-2001, 07:55 PM
Great Kevin Smith interview! Read it it's great!

TeeEye7
09-25-2001, 06:52 AM
My issue finally showed up, too!

Like B-CJ, I have yet to free it from its plastic prison....(very busy day!)

bigbarada
09-29-2001, 02:00 AM
I really could have done without all the pages devoted to Kevin Smith. If I wanted to read about his new movie, I'd buy Entertainment Weekly or Premiere or some such. I don't want his movies taking up space in my Star Wars magazine!

Geez, us Fan Club members are already getting ripped off enough as it is. What with just a lousy magazine subscription for $20 a year!!

Oh wait, it's now $30 a year. Gee, thanks a lot WOTC, way to milk the fans.:mad: My subscription runs out this issue, I will most definitely NOT be renewing, EVER!

JediTricks
09-29-2001, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by bigbarada
I really could have done without all the pages devoted to Kevin Smith. If I wanted to read about his new movie, I'd buy Entertainment Weekly or Premiere or some such. I don't want his movies taking up space in my Star Wars magazine!

Geez, us Fan Club members are already getting ripped off enough as it is. What with just a lousy magazine subscription for $20 a year!!

Oh wait, it's now $30 a year. Gee, thanks a lot WOTC, way to milk the fans.:mad: My subscription runs out this issue, I will most definitely NOT be renewing, EVER! You still read this rag? ;) I gave that up many moons ago when I realized that the pictures were far more interesting.

As for the cost, it's still $20 a year for magazine subscription, $30 is for fan club membership (which includes a subscription and a $10 gift certificate to the Jawa Trader/Online Jawa Trader).

Obi-Don
10-05-2001, 03:00 AM
When I started reading Insider I was happy and was in to the Magazine but for me it has taken a nose dive.They put way to much into things that to me are not interseting.I want more info on Star Wars not who wrote music for this movie or that or who directed this and that.The Jawa trader to me is a joke.I don't know what happened to the magazine but they need to get back to Star Wars.Thats why I never subscribed to it.I don't want to knock all of it though,I like some of it just not enough for a subscription.

Bel-Cam Jos
10-05-2001, 08:06 PM
The comment I always make about the change on the Insider deals with professionalism. The "old" Insider was run by fans, but they had a better way of getting that point across. This new group puts in too many SW-ish lines and comments. They are kinda childish and rude at times. 2-1B's column was fun at first; now it's annoying and crass. (I wonder if this last word will get censored. If it does, it's spelled c r a s s)

2-1B
08-02-2002, 01:58 AM
Bel-Cam, do they still do 2-1B's column? I'm still a subscriber, and I honestly can't recall if it's been in there lately. :D

El Chuxter
08-02-2002, 12:07 PM
I'm pretty sure 2-1B was fired a few issues ago. :(

JediTricks
08-02-2002, 08:10 PM
Indeed he was.

2-1B
08-04-2002, 01:36 AM
I hope they gave him a decent severance package. It's only fair.