PDA

View Full Version : Nexu...

Lman316
06-08-2002, 04:02 PM
I just got my Nexu today, and I really really like this one.

Pose: I think it's a great pose. And although it's stuck in one position, it looks like it's about to attack, which is basically what the Nexu did.

Sculpt: Very good likeness, IMO. It has the menacing look that it should have, and has a ton of teeth :D.

Misc: This deluxe figure has a roar feature (there is a button under the left arm, it makes two different noises. And, I noticed a few mintues after opening it that if you press its tongue, it makes yet another noise and it snaps the jaws down (but don't try using your finger. I used the end of a pen to figure it out...but you could just use the arm of Geonosian).
The only thing I don't really like is the bendy tail. I have had figures with bendy material like this and it has worn out before, allowing the wire underneath to puncture the rubber. But since I won't be playing with this (only displaying) I hopefully won't have to move it around too much.

Out of 10, I'd probably give this one a 9, at least :D.

End :happy:.

Lman316
06-08-2002, 04:03 PM
Here's a pic with its mouth open.

SuperBattleDroid88
06-08-2002, 04:29 PM
The tail isn't a sticky kind of rubber is it?
I'm just making sure....
It looks cool man!!!!!!!! :cool:

SuperBattleDroid88
06-08-2002, 04:30 PM
Oh Yeah!!!!!! And thanks for the Review!!!!!!! :)

Lman316
06-08-2002, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by SuperBattleDroid88
The tail isn't a sticky kind of rubber is it?
I'm just making sure....
It looks cool man!!!!!!!! :cool:

If you just mean sticky to the touch, than the answer would be no. At least, not in my opinion. It's just bendy, with the wire underneath the rubber.

And you're welcome for the review.

Obi-Don
06-09-2002, 06:16 AM
Very cool. I hope that the stores around here get them in. I want one.

CrunchyNug
06-10-2002, 10:07 PM
If you press the button under his arm you get one.

If you press and hold down the button under his arm you get two.

If you press his tongue you get three.

If you press and hold down his tongue you get four.

I really like this guy. His head rotates, his tail is posable, and his claws are sharp - well sorta. His likeness is great too. IMO he's far better than Ani and chop sewy Geonosean. :D

SuperBattleDroid88
06-13-2002, 07:16 PM
Hey! I got mine today and he is smaller than he looks in the pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But I think this a great figure!!!!! :)

LTBasker
06-13-2002, 07:58 PM
Dang the Nexu is one ugly dude from the front. :D

DeadEye
06-15-2002, 09:38 AM
I got both the new deluxe figures yesterday--and I'm much more pleased with the nexu!

Hellboy
06-19-2002, 11:46 PM
Great figure and what a bargain at $7.44. I like how you can hold a figure in his tails.

WesleySr
06-25-2002, 03:55 PM
I opened mine, and my two-year old son got ahold of it, and I think he likes it more than I do. He loves that he can make it make noises. Overall, I thought it was a pretty cool beast.