PDA

View Full Version : Got My Nexu and Deluxe Anakin Today...

Lman316
06-08-2002, 03:09 PM
As stated, I got my Nexu and Ani today. I've posted about the Nexu, which I've opened (it's sweet, awesome, cool, great - whichever one you want to describe, it lol). So, if you want to read my posts about it, go to the Reviews section or the "Got My Nexu Today" Thread under this section (I think it's called: Got My Nexu Today").
But the Ani, I haven't opened. I wanted to get the forumites' opinions first, for those who have this one. He looks okay, except for some massive eye brows and the loose soft goods. But how is this one out of the package?
Also, I thought the Geonosian pack-in was supposed to have magnets? Mine has little pegs, which I think is better, but I'm wondering if all are like this, or if this is a later change.

Thanks for anyone who can offer his or her opinion.

End :D.

Edit in: I just noticed something on the back of the Deluxe Anakin.

The text reads: Battling for their lives in the arena, Anakin and Obi-Wan Kenobi clash against thousands of Geonosian Warriors in a grueling confrontation. As Geonosians attack, Anakin uses the Force to retrieve a second lightsaber and prepares to defend himself at all costs...

I guess a lot of these figures really are made before production. Because, as we know, Anakin doesn't get his second lightsaber until he's in the hangar.
And this would also explain why the Unleashed Anakin has two lightsabers while he's fighting a Battle Droid...

odi-wan windu
06-08-2002, 06:26 PM
which may also be the reason that anakin hd has his own lightsaber as opposed to the generic blue one obi-wan gave him in the movie.

Lman316
06-08-2002, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by odi-wan windu
which may also be the reason that anakin hd has his own lightsaber as opposed to the generic blue one obi-wan gave him in the movie.

That's a good point. I never really noticed that before you mentioned it.

End :).

saladin
06-09-2002, 01:31 AM
i was wondering why it came with 2 sabers.

DarthMaulSithLord
06-09-2002, 07:01 AM
The blue saber that comes with Anakin HD is the same as Luke's from ANH.

:)

Darth Detori
06-09-2002, 08:36 AM
the whole droid factory thing is actually a bit of an afterthought, as evidenced by the soundtrack having it as a bonus track, anakin still having his original saber with the figures, and from the mouth of george lucas. So this would mean he never lost his original saber.
It's good that he lost it, though, so now he can have the Graflex (AKA luke's original saber) in episode III

Jaina Solo
06-09-2002, 06:31 PM
Well...I'd leave the Anakin on the card, but that's because I've seen it and I think it's got a terrible facial expression. Sorta like Geonosian Rescue Mace except with his eyes open. Looks like "Going Psycho" Anakin to me.

2-1B
06-09-2002, 07:42 PM
My Geo has pegs too, not sure if they all do but mine does. :crazed:

I wish they would have given Ani a soft goods robe in this set, considering he's wearing it on screen everytime he kills a Geo! :D :D :D

Jedi Juice
06-09-2002, 09:51 PM
I saw the Nexu and Anikan at both Walmarts I went to today, but did not get either of them since I don't like the deluxe figures. I did like the Nexu though, he was nicely done.

mista_carrot
06-10-2002, 04:38 AM
OMG, I just picked up Deluxe Ani today, and I have to say that he has taken out GR Mace as the Worst Saga Figure thus far! He just looks horrendous! Horrendous!! Aaaarrrgh! I can't believe I own this crud!

Ahem...Well, besides his psycho-wide-eyed-screaming face, his right arm looks totally broken--it's really strangly posed. It would have been nice if he had some bicep-cuts, but of course, he doesn't being the crap that he is. His belt is also extremely ugly and is very oversized and bulky. The soft-goods vest can be tightened (as it comes very loose fitting in the package), but in the end it still looks too big.

His action feature is equally craptacular as Anakin will do his best impression of being a pair of scissors. And even though the geonosian warrior falls apart easily, I can't get Anakin to chop him up proper.

Of interest is Anakin's lightsabers which do not have removable blades, so if you don't like the removable blades of other sabers, then this figure is for you.

Anyhoo, please don't buy this figure, and if you do, don't open it. That's my advise.

JEDIpartner
06-10-2002, 10:09 AM
I think the Deluxe Anakin is cruddy as well. I think his face looks more like he's about to bite into the neck of the Geonosian Warrior. Perhaps we can have a "bad breath-off" between Mace and Ani. Silly... His soft goods look way too big for him. I think that is where the problem lies in the "leather" tunic portion. Oh, well... At least the Geonosian will be fun! Mine's got pegs as well.

...the NEXU RULES!

pthfnder89
06-10-2002, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by mista_carrot
OMG, I just picked up Deluxe Ani today, and I have to say that he has taken out GR Mace as the Worst Saga Figure thus far! He just looks horrendous! Horrendous!! Aaaarrrgh! I can't believe I own this crud!

Well I liked the GR Mace and Anakins facial expression doesn't bother me a bit. But I still think this is an awful figure.

A) He doesn't have a joint at his neck because of his special arms which I'll get to in a sec
B)No waist joint
C)Oversized "leather" tunic
D) The arms... oh the arms.... I could deal with all the rest if not for the arms. They do NOT have a joint at the shoulders that would allow them to move up or down like regular figs. Instead they.... well I'll just show you. Check out the pic below

(Sorry for the very poor quality. I only had a cheap webcam to to the pic with.)

Lman316
06-10-2002, 08:52 PM
Yeah, I'd have to agree this one's pretty crappy. But I guess I got a little impatient, because about 5 minutes after I originally started this thread (no one was posting), I ripped this set open.
I don't really regret it - because I've been playing with it, but I think this one could have been a lot better. Even extra points of articulation just at the arms (like pthfndr89 mentioned) would have made this one okay.
I really don't mind the leather tunic. I pulled his plastic belt down a bit and it allowed me to tighten the tunic around him (then I pushed the belt back into place) - it looks much better that way, a little more natural.
I really don't think it's so bad, but again, it could have been better.
And yes, the Nexu does rule! :).

End :happy:.

Darth Yambag
06-10-2002, 09:11 PM
Pathfinder, thanks for the pic. It makes me think I won't buy this one because he looks like such crap. I've heard bad things but though, how do you pass up an Anakin figure. Then I saw the pic you posted.

Hasbro has no shame

LTBasker
06-10-2002, 09:14 PM
I think I may just grab it for the Geonosian Warrior and the extra lightsabers to pollute my arena with. Plus I guess he might be ok for trying to hug the Reek. :D

Jayspawn
06-11-2002, 12:26 AM
I just recently picked up the Nexu. Awesome toy! Very cool. I passed on the Deluxe Anakin for one reason, HE'S A PIECE OF CRAP!!! Terrible sculpting, horrible accessories, stupic action feature and most of all, IT'S NOT EVEN THE RIGHT ANAKIN!!!

pthfnder89
06-11-2002, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by LTBasker
I think I may just grab it for the Geonosian Warrior and the extra lightsabers to pollute my arena with. Plus I guess he might be ok for trying to hug the Reek. :D

That's exactly why I really don't regret opening it LTB. Even though I don't like the Anain fig, the lightsabers are very nice (no the blades aren't removable, but they're sculpted very well and they EXTREMELY sturdy) and I really love the Geonosian that comes with it. It's so much fun to cut him apart:D

And almost every part of him is removable; His torso splits in two, and they split off of his legs, both his arms come off, and both of his wings. Yet he stays together pretty well until you take him apart.

So I wouldn't buy this two-pack if you just want the Anakin, but it's realluy not a total waste of money.:)