PDA

View Full Version : Lennox is gonna roll Tyson tonight!

2-1B
06-08-2002, 07:36 PM
I hope! :D

I was watching some of the hype earlier today, I love the way Lennox approaches his matches. He said about Tyson (in that great accent) "He's going to come after me and I'm just going to nullify him. He's going to meet my jabs and right arms and uppercuts."
I LOVE this guy as a boxer, his gentlemanly comments are a great counter to a violent sport.

As for the thug Lennox is boxing, I'd like to see Tyson take a hefty loss. I hope he doesn't pull any stunts, maybe that $3 Mil stipulation will keep his head clear . . . but that's no guarantee! :D
Still, though, I saw a nice comparison of Mike's big right to the (lucky ;) )punch that Rahman used on Lennox, so anything's possible. It worked against Golotta but I think Lennox is a smarter fighter.

Can't wait to see what happens!

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
06-08-2002, 07:56 PM
Just hope he wears ear guards.

QLD
06-08-2002, 07:57 PM
Well, I hope he does win. I have a bad feeling. But I sure hope so!

2-1B
06-08-2002, 08:03 PM
QLD, don't forget that reach advantage either!
Mike will try to sneak in with a round of pummelings, but Lennox should be able to 'bing bing' with his left and 'bing bing' with his right from a safe distance. :D

But I'm gonna shut up now because I do not want to jinx it! :crazed:

bigbarada
06-08-2002, 08:13 PM
How is it that Tyson is still allowed to box to this day???

Oh wait, I forgot :greedy:

Well, I hope Lennox tapes his ears down. Maybe they should just muzzle Tyson and not take any chances?

Kyo-Kasahara
06-08-2002, 08:58 PM
Does anyone know who won yet?

Beast
06-08-2002, 11:20 PM
Info for you boxing fans, a round by round synopsis from ACVault: :)

"Let's Get Ready to Rumble...."

ROUND 1:
Lewis beat Tyson to the middle of the ring to start the match. Tyson charged and Lewis landed a right hand uppercut. Tyson was charging near the two-minute mark. Tyson was charging much in the first round, Lewis backing up then warpping him up. Lewis staying away and Tyson left got Lewis backing up near the 1:25 mark. Lewis continues to hold. Tyson continues to be the aggressor. Tyson hits a left with 50 seconds left in the round. TYson grabs and pushes Lewis to the ropes. Lewis continues to jab and there is a lot of tying up in the first round.

ROUND 2:
Tyson charging still and got caught by a Lewis uppercut with 2:30 left in the round. Couple of left jabs by Lewis and they are holding again a minute into the round. Tyson tries a couple of jabs. Lewis continues to use the uppercut. Referee Eddie Cotton warns Lewis about holding. Second time in the fight. Lewis continuing to rely on the jab. Lewis threw uppercut and left hand with 15 seconds remaining and caught a body shot on Tyson at the bell.

ROUND 3:
Tyson came out charging in the opening portion of the round. Lewis threw three left jabs, followed by a right hand although several were picked off by Tyson. Lewis continuing to use the jab midway through the round. It keeps Tyson at bay and has effect. While in a hold with a minute left, Tyson caught Lewis with a body shot. Blood around the right eye of Tyson with under a minute. Tyson lands hook with 45 seconds left in the round. Lewis drops his hand to his waist almost taunting Tyson. Lewis lands a couple of jabs before the end of the round and both exchanged body shots after the bell.

ROUND 4:
Tyson hits a left hook and Lewis doesn't move. Lewis continues pattern of jab and right hand. Jabs starting to be followed by hearier punches for Lewis. Tyson taking jab after jab. Lewis seems to be measuring Tyson, waiting for him to open up and throw the jab. Tyson has arm out and Lewis landed right hand and then an uppercut with 1:15 left in the round. Jab, jab, jab from Lewis. Tyson is not aggressive anymore. He seems to be sitting here, taking it. Lewis continues jab, jab, with 10 seconds left. Tyson goes down and Cotton deducted a point for pushing Tyson down and hitting him in the back.

ROUND 5:
Tyson came out throwing punches. and Lewis still pushing the jab. Both eyes for Tyson are bleeding from the Lewis jabs. Lewis continually jabbing. Lewis warned again this time for holding Tyson head and throoing a punch with 1:50 left. The jab continues to keep Tyson at bay. Tyson has trouble getting inside. Tyson rarely answers the Lewis jab. Even after throwing a punch. Tyson just grabs. Lewis finally throws a right with 10 seconds left.

ROUND 6:
Tyson still pushing early in the round trying to land something. Lewis still working the jab followed by the right hand. Tyson rarely answers. Tyson takes another jab and a right cross with just over two minutes left. Tyson charging and holding only one punch. Lewis pawing at Tyson with the left jab. Continues to punch with Tyson throwing little offense at the champion. The pattern continues with jab, jab, jab and then a right. Lewis has a small mouse under his eye. Lewis hits right uppercut with 15 second left.

ROUND 7:
Tyson still not throwing any offense. Lewis throws the left jab, left jab. Lewis peeking under Tyson defense at the two-miniute mark. The jab has gotten to the nose. Lewis threw a right that caught little of Tyson's body. Lewis's height and reach makes him a difficult target for Tyson. Tyson throws a left, but is blocked by Lewis's arm. Lewis lands a right to Tyson's head with half minute left. Lewis measures Tyson and just continually hitting him with jab. Tyson's right eye almost shut as he goes to the corner. Tyson grimacing.

ROUND 8:
Tyson comes out again trying to land a quick punch, but still not doing any damage. Lewis taking jab after jab. Lewis just stands in the middle of the ring jabbing at the Tyson head. Tyson tries to go to the body a minute into the round, but doesn't seem to be able to follow it. Lewis his two uppercuts and goes to a squat midwy through the round. Lewis punching hard while Lewis measuring. Right uppercut by Lewis, then a left uppercut, then Cotton gave him a standing eight count. Then a solid right to the chin and he laid on the canvas looking up at the lights. Lewis raises his hands and Tyson never gets up in time. Up at nine and Coton counts him out with less than 30 seconds left.

LEWIS WINS BY KNOCCKOUT with 2:25 left in the eighth.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

SWAFMAN
06-08-2002, 11:47 PM
Holy crap JarJar, that was awesome!!!!
I feel almost like I saw it!!
You're like "Pay-Per Post" - you ought to charge a fee!

Thanks, man!!!!

2-1B
06-09-2002, 12:35 AM
WOO HOO ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

I watched the fight and it was AWESOME. Lennox is the man, hanging around so cool and collect while Mike lunged in with repeated whiffs. Bah, 'Lennox can't stay back' a lot of people said . . . well, he seemed to do just fine outsmarting Mike and delivering his shots as necessary. :happy:

Nice report JJB, but I have issues with these claims that Lennox was doing alot of holding. What the heck is the guy supposed to do when Mike not only misses but falls into him (I think height advantage plays an issue here too).
And BOO to that point deduction for the first knockdown, I was impressed that Lennox didn't level him, he showed considerable restraint. Also, I've heard whispers about Lennox pushing him down at the end too . . . I'll call it a "nudge" but when you see Mike lying on the canvas with BOTH eyes and also his nose bloody that way (not to mention the slumped shoulders on the way down) I can't accept anything other than KO :happy:

And then I got home and watched the 3OT Cup finale . . . sorry Caniacs! :cry:
:D

Beast
06-09-2002, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by Caesar
Nice report JJB, but I have issues with these claims that Lennox was doing alot of holding. What the heck is the guy supposed to do when Mike not only misses but falls into him (I think height advantage plays an issue here too).
Well, it's not my report and I didn't watch the fight. Just wanted to share a decent synopsis with the people that care. I'm not a boxing fan, but I remembered your thread, and decided to post it. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

2-1B
06-09-2002, 01:05 AM
I know, it's from ACVault. That's partly what I was responding to.

QLD
06-09-2002, 02:44 AM
I am thrilled! I didn't watch it, but I am very glad Lewis won.

Obi-Don
06-09-2002, 02:57 AM
I was glad to see Lewis win. I don't believe tyson should have been able to fight in the 1st place but thats the way it goes. It was nice to see a clean fight with ears still intact.

derek
06-09-2002, 03:49 AM
i just got back from watching the fight at a buddies house, and i'm convinced tyson is insane. he just kept babbling on and on after the fight like some nut. he's done as a boxer. he has proven that he dosen't belong in the ring with a skilled fighter.
sure, he'll probably be around a while picking up hefty pay days here and there, beating up on bums, but holyfield and lewis have proven tyson isn't in their class.

the first round lewis seemed kinda baffled as tyson repeatidly charged him, but after that, it was left jab city. lewis simply has a huge reach advantage over tyson.

tyson was pretty dazed after the 8th round knockout, but no where near as "out" when buster douglas put him on his @$$!:)

Jek Porky 2002
06-09-2002, 07:33 AM
I'm just pleased to see the Americans supporting a British boxer, but if Tyson was English I would probably support the American. Is there anyone who actually likes that thug Tyson?

Eternal Padawan
06-09-2002, 07:40 AM
Yeah. I don't watching boxing all that much either, but Lennox giving Tyson a hammering sounds cool. Not only should Tyson NOT be a boxer, he should be locked up as a nutcase. That kind of behavior should NOT be rewarded with $...

bigbarada
06-09-2002, 08:05 AM
People will always be interested in seeing Tyson box because he is a total nutcase. Everybody wants to be there when his brain blows it's last gasket and he transforms into a drooling, blathering idiot in the middle of the ring.

Or has that already happened?:confused::)

Forhekset
06-09-2002, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by bigbarada
People will always be interested in seeing Tyson box because he is a total nutcase. Everybody wants to be there when his brain blows it's last gasket and he transforms into a drooling, blathering idiot in the middle of the ring.

Or has that already happened?:confused::)

Exactly. Half the appeal of this fight was seeing if Tyson would just snap and lose it. You know, what will he do? Will he go nuts and bite off part of an ear again? Or something worse? A Mike Tyson fight is now only slightly dissimilar to a freak show.

That being said, I'm glad Tyson got his @$$ handed to him. That guy needed a good buttwhooping.

2-1B
06-09-2002, 12:43 PM
derek, great post! :D

Jek Porky, I'm glad to support a fine Englishman like Lennox. :happy: Yeah, Mike's an American but he's such a goon and that I couldn't root for him. Regardless of nationality, Lewis has been my fave for a long time, I like him a lot more than Evander (who's a bit weird in his own right :crazed: ) And nothing against Foreman, but I was kinda rooting for Axel Schulz (German fighter) back in the mid 90's.

Still though, I have to give Mike some credit for keeping it clean. Good for him, it saved a 3 million dollar penalty . . . ESPNEWS reported yesterday that he's 15 mil in the hole. :confused: I know he made 20 last night, hopefully he'll straighten out. But I doubt it!

DarthBrandon
06-09-2002, 12:54 PM
Tyson got punked out in the 8th round. What a waste of time for a high profile fight. Lewis just stood back and hammered tyson every time he tried to come in and land a lucky punch. Lewis whooped his A**, just as I thought he would. Tyson is a washed up, no brains punk. I'm gonna eat his children:, the only thing he was eating was Lewis's punches and the mat. Lewis was the real T-Rex not Tinyson. Again I meant Tinyson (Punk).

odb
06-10-2002, 02:34 PM
Was there any doubt!!

Tyson may be a formidable brawler but I never thought he could outbox Lewis. I mean for starters Tyson had to get in under Lewis' reach (the biggest I've ever seen) before he could even touch Lewis.

That together with the fact that Tyson isn't the smartest in the ring and prove to blowing his cool means Lewis who is fairly level headed had an advantage even before they got in the ring.

I think that now Lewis has the perfect opportunity to retire having beaten all the major contenders in the world, he's not hort of mone and I don't want to see him keep fighting after his best, like George Foreman.