PDA

View Full Version : Anybody found Cloud City Chewie yet?

bigbarada
06-08-2002, 08:56 PM
If so, what is he like? And how does he compare in size and sculpting next to 25th Anniversary Chewie or Mechanic Chewie?

I know he will be the most articulated Chewie ever, I'm just hoping that he will also be the quintessential Chewbacca figure.

And if anyone has the 25th 2-Pack version opened, can you check to see if his bowcaster fits in CC Chewie's hands? If so, awesome!!

Thanks!

:)

MichaelV103
06-08-2002, 09:12 PM
I picked up Cloud City Chewie and Pilot Obi-wan this past Tuesday from my local KB Toys here in Connecticut. He looks great as does the C3-P0 with him. However I have not opened him yet.

Lman316
06-08-2002, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by bigbarada
If so, what is he like? And how does he compare in size and sculpting next to 25th Anniversary Chewie or Mechanic Chewie?

I know he will be the most articulated Chewie ever, I'm just hoping that he will also be the quintessential Chewbacca figure.

And if anyone has the 25th 2-Pack version opened, can you check to see if his bowcaster fits in CC Chewie's hands? If so, awesome!!

Thanks!

Hey, BB,

I found him sitting in the bin at my KB Toyworks, and I have to say, this is (without a doubt) the best Chewie ever!
The sucker has 9 points of articulation (as you know) and he's huge. He just towers over all the other figures.
I don't have a bowcaster to use with him, but I did try him with one of those Imperial rifles (the long ones that come with the CommTech Stormie). The reason I did that is because this Chewie looks like he's from ANH (not ESB), with his slicked back hair. So I was trying it out to see if he could hold the rifle for Death Star displays (right now, he's in my Cantina chattin' with Ben and BoShek). Needless to say, he can hold it perfectly. He's just awesome.
The only thing that might lower anyone's opinion of this great figure is the molded on bandolier and pouch. I know a lot of people have been asking for this be removable, but I don't mind it. It's even weathered and it just looks cool.
I hope I actually answered your questions though my ramblings and cheers for the Chewie. But if you need to know anything else, just ask.

End :happy:.

Darth Detori
06-08-2002, 09:45 PM
ok, WHY are the KB's in the NH/MA area NEVER get anything new? They JUST got the bespin wave last wednesday. before that they just had 4/23 stuff, minus the clone trooper waves

Lman316
06-08-2002, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by Darth Detori
ok, WHY are the KB's in the NH/MA area NEVER get anything new? They JUST got the bespin wave last wednesday. before that they just had 4/23 stuff, minus the clone trooper waves

I guess you just have to be patient. When I am, I end up finding the stuff. Like today, I found the Nexu and Deluxe Anakin.

But back to the Chewie, I forgot to mention that he has a joint in his neck that allows him to look up and down. I forget what it's called, I'm thinking it's a ball joint, but I thought there was something more specific for when it's on the neck.
Anyway, I'm including a pic of him looking up and I have Boba Fett there as a comparison - to show Chewie's size.

End :).

Kuzu
06-08-2002, 10:12 PM
hows is 3PO is he cool and can any give details on him

Lman316
06-08-2002, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by Kuzu
hows is 3PO is he cool and can any give details on him

The 3PO is okay, nothing really special though. You put his head into his torso and his eyes and back panel light up. And his head is a little smaller scale compared to the torso. I know that the torso needed to be bigger to fit the battery, but they could have upped the scale on the head too.
The rest of the C-3PO is just a molded pile of junk basically, but if you were displaying this for an ESB scene, with the pack on Chewie's back it would look cool. I'll stick to use the Removable limbs 3PO for that though (it looks better, IMO).
I'm including a picture of his accessories.

End :happy:.

saladin
06-08-2002, 10:39 PM
Can't wait to find mine.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-08-2002, 10:45 PM
I was at KB in Columbus (eastland mall) and somebody had snagged the case w/ Obi-Wan Pilot, Chewie and han, but i picked up Obi-wan. I had ordered it from kebco, but c'mon, i can't just pass it up!!! I'll return it when my figs get here this week :-) hehehehehhehe

bigbarada
06-08-2002, 11:13 PM
Cool, thanks Lman316!!:cool: He looks to be the best Chewie ever!!:happy: I had no idea about that extra neck articulation!

Although now my wait to get him is going to seem even longer.:(

I also never really plan to use those Threepio parts, my Mechanic Chewie with the POTF2 Rem. Limb Threepio looks just fine in my Bespin diorama. It looks as if Threepio's neck is unusually long, or is his head just not seated in all the way?

metaljedi
06-09-2002, 03:40 AM
I just wish he wasn't a one per caser. It makes it harder for us who can't be at stores when they open.

Lman316
06-09-2002, 05:11 AM
Originally posted by bigbarada
Cool, thanks Lman316!!:cool: He looks to be the best Chewie ever!!:happy: I had no idea about that extra neck articulation!

Although now my wait to get him is going to seem even longer.:(

I also never really plan to use those Threepio parts, my Mechanic Chewie with the POTF2 Rem. Limb Threepio looks just fine in my Bespin diorama. It looks as if Threepio's neck is unusually long, or is his head just not seated in all the way?

3PO's head really doesn't go into his body. It just sits there (rather loosely, actually). If you want the lights to come on, you have to push the head in all the way, and it will just spring back out when you let go. I haven't really tried to see if it locks or anything, but I doubt it, because that would drain the battery. But I'll try it out.

DarthMaulSithLord
06-09-2002, 06:56 AM
Maybe you have to push and turn his head for it to stick on?

Btw, is that gun he comes with the POTJ version of the Stormtrooper gun?

odi-wan windu
06-09-2002, 07:23 AM
Yeah I got obi-wan pilot, but I couldn't find chewie or han. Although I must say that obi-wan pilot is a great figure.

bigbarada
06-09-2002, 08:36 AM
The more I hear about this Threepio accessory the less I like it, but I planned to toss it in a box anyway so it's no big deal. Hasbro could have made this Chewie truly scene specific and molded the Threepio onto his back. That would have been stupid but I wouldn't put it past them.

Lman316
06-09-2002, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by DarthMaulSithLord
Maybe you have to push and turn his head for it to stick on?

Btw, is that gun he comes with the POTJ version of the Stormtrooper gun?

It really doesn't look like it's going to lock. Underneath 3PO's neck is what's supposed to be wires. That's what actually goes into his torso to connect to whatever's in there to make the lights come on. Anyway, that little tab, made to look like wires, is smooth. There doesn't seem to be a locking mechanism.

And the gun is a little big bigger than the POTJ version. But it's still soft gummy rubber.
I don't know what it is with Hasbro and these blasters. They've changed Luke's/Han's blaster so many times in the past two years. If you look at: Bespin Caputer Han Solo, Endor Raid Han Solo, CommTech Han Solo, and now the new Bespin Luke, they all have different blasters. And now, it seems, they'll be playing this game with the Imperial blasters too. I wish they'd make up their minds :crazed:.

bigbarada
06-09-2002, 11:07 AM
I really wish they had packed him with a Bowcaster along with the Imperial Blaster. I know he doesn't use it while escaping Bespin but it would have been nice and it would have probably meant that they would never have to make another Chewie figure ever again. Oh wait, I guess that was the point.:frus:

humsup
06-09-2002, 10:18 PM
I was looking forward to finding this baby as I think its the best piece in the SAGA card yet. Great pose and with a broken C3PO... but since this is a short packed piece, its really difficult trying to locate one at retail unless I pays something like $20 for a piece to scalpers :(

Beast
06-09-2002, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by humsup
I was looking forward to finding this baby as I think its the best piece in the SAGA card yet. Great pose and with a broken C3PO... but since this is a short packed piece, its really difficult trying to locate one at retail unless I pays something like $20 for a piece to scalpers :(
He's only "shortpacked" in the current case. The next case has 3 of him in it. So don't panic yet, they will be out in abundance within' a month. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jedi Juice
06-09-2002, 10:29 PM
Cool, that's very good news. I hope I can find Palpatine and Djas Puhr soon, but I have a feeling that I will be lucky this week....